The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats With All The Chinese Stuff?

jmp2010

They were doing it because they were recently releasing Warframe in China. They wanted something that would appeal to their new audience and promote the growth and expansion of the game. Also, the other company handling the China-side promotion or whatever of Warframe was wanting exclusives that they could use to promote it.

Besides umbra and his weapons(which is a whole other discussion ) de has been pretty spot on with releasing the china items about a month after china gets them.

Warframe china needed some items to help boost sales so de made some timed exclusives .

Watching the last devstream was so bad i had to stop watching it when they brought up umbra, When it comes to him i would rather not be spoon fed bs that even Sheldon was not buying . 

Besides umbra and his weapons(which is a whole other discussion ) de has been pretty spot on with releasing the china items about a month after china gets them.

Warframe china needed some items to help boost sales so de made some timed exclusives .

Watching the last devstream was so bad i had to stop watching it when they brought up umbra, When it comes to him i would rather not be spoon fed bs that even Sheldon was not buying . 

dont worry ill post the major findings on my thread , but info is scarce .... and lots of bs to sift through xD

as well as translating it to be at....correct wording

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Plus China's Wukong is better. 

In here they don't even fix the combo timings which is more important than OP range ultimate values.

Is it true that on Chinese servers you can eat your Kubrow to regenerate health?

I'll see myself out.

It's so casual that you don't even get any benefits whatsoever. It's the thing you do when you need a different flavor, that is the flavor of privileged white boys tears. :D

Recently some oc The warframes are Chinese based and are realeased early in China. Has DE sold out to China or is there something i dont know about? Btw i have nothinv against Chinese people its just a question be Civil.

DE sold half of DE to a Chinese Chicken company to be able to sell Warframe in China. I guess one of the things required was to make Chinese frames.

Sort of like movies that make it to China usually have some Chinese component in them.

you must be new or from a dark cave on venus

china warframe is a separate thing from the global build and china gets a 30 day period of items they have not poping up in the global build 

they eventually come to the global build , but it takes time and lore creation

No im just living in my igloo in canada but thank you everyone for explaining.this.to me

DE sold half of DE to a Chinese Chicken company to be able to sell Warframe in China. I guess one of the things required was to make Chinese frames.

Sort of like movies that make it to China usually have some Chinese component in them.

To elaborate, DE sold class b shares (i think that's what they were called) class b shares don't allow them to have any say at all in what DE does. It only allows them to publish in china under perfect world. The timed exclusives were a result of DE making a deal with perfect world (not perfect world entertainment [size=4](they are different companies)[/size]) to promote the game. Everything in chinaframe was made by DE, just some bigots like to pretend that it isn't the case so their feelings don't get hurt.

With how the typical gamer complains that China dares to get anything first, I hope everything gets pre-released there, and that all their stuff is better versions.

Also I hope we never get excal umbra. Well that part is true.

I don't understand this odd hate for China. Is it based in weird nationalism, racism, entitlement? Where does it come from? Who cares who gets it first.

Learn mandarin and go play warframe china if you want early access. I bet the storyline is entirely different anyway. I'd be interested to see the changes.

If the game got released in france and they got some special stuff, no one would be saying these things. Half this thread is pushing the envelope imo.

With how the typical gamer complains that China dares to get anything first, I hope everything gets pre-released there, and that all their stuff is better versions.

I don't understand this odd hate for China. Is it based in weird nationalism, racism, entitlement? Where does it come from? Who cares who gets it first.

Learn mandarin and go play warframe china if you want early access. I bet the storyline is entirely different anyway. I'd be interested to see the changes.

If the game got released in france and they got some special stuff, no one would be saying these things. Half this thread is pushing the envelope imo.

A bit late to reply but DE is still figuring out how to introduce Umbra frames into the game

its pretty lazy on your part to think people just "hate china" if they don't like the china frame situation

the common theme with most of the complaints I've read is that the china content is uninspired and uncreative

it doesn't really try to blend itself in with the game we have now and feels tacked on

one example would the the frames we're used to

they're made somewhat like this

pick a role, pick a theme, make powers and appearance with that theme, name it, ship it

many if not all of these frames act like unique characters and have very varied powers to use

vs whats shown with the china frames

pick a chinese deity, pick powers based on deity, throw some warframe paint on the pile

they stand out as distinctly different (in a bad way) and give off that knock off vibe to some

worse these china frames don't have any real lore attached to them or anything new mechanics or powers wise

even limbo who arguably doesn't fit with the others has some lore and unique powers

try looking at it from the other side instead of pulling the nationalism, racism, or entitlement cards

waiting a month or the fact that china gets this content first or the fact its china has nothing to do with it

its subpar content and DE has done and can do much better, which would benefit global and chinaframe

that all said we still don't know the full situation with china frame and how it came about, which could be to blame

Not owned... more like partnered and btw the other company is called Changyou

Sumpo Food Holdings acquired 58% of DE shares June 2014. That's the controlling shares of the company. 3% is owned by Perfect World the rest is DE employee shares.

Changyou handles localization but DE is owned by Sumpo

Edited by Lightsmith

DE literally sold out to China in a move that has drawn disdain from nearly the entire Warframe community. Essentially, the Chinese market is priority now and will get Chinese themed frames/weapons/etc. -and get them first. They also have a China-specific Founders pack, despite DE promising to never do that again.

Part of me understands the business aspect, but another part feels like the Chinese market deserves no special treatment. It's their S#&$ laws that have prevented them from playing until now. They didn't support this game from the beginning, playing through three years of development.

I try to not fall into the trap of being whiney "it's not fair", but I've had beloved games fall into ruin/disappear because of the Chinese/Korean business model. Look at Cryptic.