Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Grind In Warframe Killing The Game?

tripletriple

Two years and no despair.

Yeah it is definitely a hate-hate relationship.

Well... okay *shrug*... and yet you keep playing , maybe even take part in stalker farms, trying to get despair. (which is strange.... dread and despair are common, while hate is really rare). Well... I don't know... maybe you don't.

I think by reducing grind they actualy meant increasing grind so much that you wont bother and just outright buy the thing. Thus you will not have to grind.

Or alternatively, you can stay level headed and look at the most extreme grinds as back ground noise - That thing that progresses very slowly as you do other things and was never meant to be rushed via Draco.

Gamers will always be their own worst enemy.  Developers won't stop introducing RNG and grinding if that is exactly what the players are playing for, even if the player's deny it.

Face it, it's a catch 22 scenario for reward driven players:

If the grind is super long, are you likely to keep playing?  

If every item were handed to you after two hours, are you likely to keep playing?

It's easy to say yes to the latter.   History across multiple games shows otherwise, which is why MMOs have to keep churning out lack-luster content updates and expansions complete with power creep instead of, y'know, building a self sustainable and dynamic system that relies more on builds than power creep from the start.

Edited by Littleman88

We will always find ways to make it easier for ourselves, and DE will always be the ones nerfing our control/ power. It's a never ending continuum in warframe. The grind perpetuates all these nerfs, but the problem isn't the tools we use, it's the system itself. (And I'm not talking about the grind either, moreover enemy scaling and RNG)

We need to do what Apple did to their Ipods when they first came out for the shuffle function. Make the RNG less random to make it appear more random.

oh wow this  complainers thread still going on to page 14...

seriously everyone, reading through this there are minor issue that you all seem to take personally or just drama up  to a insane level

reality check time folks 

your complaining that a "FREE to play" <--- (maybe this should be in bold) GAME 

that has IN every way stated  that it is a GRIND game and wants players to put long hours and effort with rng based drop tables 

if you want to get the COOL accessories or HARD  or RNGinous stuff easy you --->PAY  

(mr rank still limits this and forces players to actually play the game before they buy certain stuff )

paying helps the game creators fund the staff to keep the game ALIVE , and not only that, funds its development and evolution so it can keep changing.

to rant and whine on this seems very unbecoming of tenno and comes off as " why cant i get stuff the way people who pay for get it" 

Because...they are supporting DE with actual cash flow and your not?

because you dont "feel" that you have to grind like everyone and need free handouts.

because you feel "entitled" to this games developers long hours, hard work and REAL  money spent to get it were it is isnt worth "your" effort or time 

seriously listen to yourselves ranting like spoiled operators, sit down , calm down, think on capitalism and funding a business model based on payed players but still having nonpaying players getting majority of the stuff with time + effort

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I have spent a S#&$ load of money here, so it's not exactly like I am a free loader. I absolutely agree that they need to make money but as to how that is done is where my opinion differs. I prefer cosmetics over say mandatory exp/item boosters or making items so hard to acquire playing that you end up having to buy it most the time in example. If you are so blind to see that the grind here has been increased instead of decreased like they said they would then there really isn't much more to say I guess.

Edited by fizbit

Well one thing I wanna say that really grinds my balls into sawdust is I'm really sick of having to come back and farm $@ing Argon Crystals every time they add something new. Give it a damn break, man. I've ran this crap enough already and have to deal with this stupid vanishing resource all the time.

I have spent a S#&$ load of money here, so it's not exactly like I am a free loader. I absolutely agree that they need to make money but as to how that is done is where my opinion differs. I prefer cosmetics over say mandatory exp/item boosters or making items so hard to acquire playing that you end up having to buy it most the time in example. If you are so blind to see that the grind here has been increased instead of decreased like they said they would then there really isn't much more to say I guess.

same here, i complain mainly that the console updates tend to take a VERY long time to arrive, but the update cost and cost to push it into cert should also be known as sony and Microsoft do charge for it 

you payed for an ingame currency and items and received it, not the game itself. you helped to fund this game, nothing more, you are not a partner nor have stock in the company itself. a founder would have some ground to stand on, but in truth it is DE who owns and controls the game. and again out of most games ive played, they do really listen to us and take our feedback.

lessening grind for free players was stated and is true. but they never said when they would implement it if memory serves, there was possibilities of it coming soon nothing more, anything else was user created speculation and conjecture 

Well one thing I wanna say that really grinds my balls into sawdust is I'm really sick of having to come back and farm $@ing Argon Crystals every time they add something new. Give it a damn break, man. I've ran this crap enough already and have to deal with this stupid vanishing resource all the time.

again GRIND GAME , everything else in this game stays , thats the ONLY vanishing resource and its NOT hard to get

do a void exterminate T1, i come back with roughly 7 each run

Unless console has different updates, this is patently untrue. I have done 120 minute survivals all way up to t4 and only walked out with one, maybe two at times. Do you run resource boosters 24/7 too or something? Never seen a single one drop in t1e, that's for sure yet some how you average 7...ok!

That said, they did state in a live stream that I don't know number of were they claimed they were going to lessen the grind...not increase it 10 fold like they have done over the past year. Feel free to search for it, I won't do it for you.

Edited by fizbit

oh wow this  complainers thread still going on to page 14...

seriously everyone, reading through this there are minor issue that you all seem to take personally or just drama up  to a insane level

reality check time folks 

your complaining that a "FREE to play" <--- (maybe this should be in bold) GAME 

that has IN every way stated  that it is a GRIND game and wants players to put long hours and effort with rng based drop tables 

if you want to get the COOL accessories or HARD  or RNGinous stuff easy you --->PAY  

(mr rank still limits this and forces players to actually play the game before they buy certain stuff )

paying helps the game creators fund the staff to keep the game ALIVE , and not only that, funds its development and evolution so it can keep changing.

to rant and whine on this seems very unbecoming of tenno and comes off as " why cant i get stuff the way people who pay for get it" 

Because...they are supporting DE with actual cash flow and your not?

because you dont "feel" that you have to grind like everyone and need free handouts.

because you feel "entitled" to this games developers long hours, hard work and REAL  money spent to get it were it is isnt worth "your" effort or time 

seriously listen to yourselves ranting like spoiled operators, sit down , calm down, think on capitalism and funding a business model based on payed players but still having nonpaying players getting majority of the stuff with time + effort

Except I support DE more when I support what they implement into the game and how that affects the grind. If the grind increases then I lose incentive to support the game because I do not support what the developers are doing to the game.

It is called being a responsible consumer.

Unless console has different updates, this is patently untrue. I have done 120 minute survivals all way up to t4 and only walked out with one, maybe two at times. Do you run resource boosters 24/7 too or something? Never seen a single one drop in t1e, that's for sure yet some how you average 7...ok!

That said, they did state in a live stream that I don't know number of were they claimed they were going to lessen the grind...not increase it 10 fold like they have done over the past year. Feel free to search for it, I won't do it for you.

its called earning mods > selling for plat, buy a booster not hard again for those who grind like they should , we are still in xbox U17.+ not u18 

and I did post the word "Roughly" that can mean 5-7 , seriously , use necros or hydriod pilfering swarm (or both!) also T1def also T1surv i usually end up with more 

plus I have paid for each prime  .... 90 day booster and all that .... is part of the deal 

Except I support DE more when I support what they implement into the game and how that affects the grind. If the grind increases then I lose incentive to support the game because I do not support what the developers are doing to the game.

It is called being a responsible consumer.

so dont pay as you stated....... you dont agree, boycot makes more impact then complaining to us on forums 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I agree with your first point, I personally don't see a problem with the wait wall.

I think there is a problem with the wait wall IF the grind itself takes so long that it's like a middle finger if you see the resource requirements intended to make you wait even longer. In this case be it Nitain or argon crystals that you can't farm beforehand. Coupled with how long you have to wait after to finally build the frame. 

its called earning mods > selling for plat, buy a booster not hard again for those who grind like they should , we are still in xbox U17.+ not u18 

and I did post the word "Roughly" that can mean 5-7 , seriously , use necros or hydriod pilfering swarm (or both!) also T1def also T1surv i usually end up with more 

plus I have paid for each prime  .... 90 day booster and all that .... is part of the deal 

so dont pay as you stated....... you dont agree, boycot makes more impact then complaining to us on forums 

Well me alone boycotting does nothing. Therefore I am here to convince people here.

Have you noticed what kind of hell trade chat is? You are lucky to sell anything. Xbox trade chat is likely less busy than PC trade chat. So there is that too.

Edited by P0TAT0CANN0N

same here, i complain mainly that the console updates tend to take a VERY long time to arrive, but the update cost and cost to push it into cert should also be known as sony and Microsoft do charge for it 

you payed for an ingame currency and items and received it, not the game itself. you helped to fund this game, nothing more, you are not a partner nor have stock in the company itself. a founder would have some ground to stand on, but in truth it is DE who owns and controls the game. and again out of most games ive played, they do really listen to us and take our feedback.

lessening grind for free players was stated and is true. but they never said when they would implement it if memory serves, there was possibilities of it coming soon nothing more, anything else was user created speculation and conjecture 

again GRIND GAME , everything else in this game stays , thats the ONLY vanishing resource and its NOT hard to get

Gotta grind to get my grind so I can grind with my grind for more grind to grind.

Have you noticed what kind of hell trade chat is? You are lucky to sell anything. Xbox trade chat is likely less busy than PC trade chat. So there is that too.

Selling stuff in trade on pc is a nightmare, constant spam and undercutting. Plus lots of real shady types trying to trick people. Basic goal in trade is to rip someone off then brag about it after, usually in these forums. Besides, I would rather play the game than sit there for 10 hours everyday trying to flog stuff and lord knows I have tried. Usually I list something for a price I feel is around what the market is for it, then I get whispers from toxic trolls either insulting me or offering absurbly low prices like 1 plat for things I have seen sold for 100 and being told that's a good price. Trade chat sucks unless you are great used car/snake oil salesman I guess.

Selling stuff in trade on pc is a nightmare, constant spam and undercutting. Plus lots of real shady types trying to trick people. Basic goal in trade is to rip someone off then brag about it after, usually in these forums. Besides, I would rather play the game than sit there for 10 hours everyday trying to flog stuff and lord knows I have tried. Usually I list something for a price I feel is around what the market is for it, then I get whispers from toxic trolls either insulting me or offering absurbly low prices like 1 plat for things I have seen sold for 100 and being told that's a good price. Trade chat sucks unless you are great used car/snake oil salesman I guess.

Agreed.

these stories are loke films, killing is refill, not an experience, you can like or not like it but is refill in the majority of situations, almost is grinding, in cod or bf there are the same enemies over and over in halo is the same, maybe enemies could change, and maps, but is like warframe, there are more than 2 missions where you kill the same

Yet I don't have to replay the same level over and over till I unlock the next part or some weapon, each level completed is progress.

I can't say the same for Warframe, granted Warframe is a free online game so the comparison is unfair,

but I would still love a feel of progress even when I get nothing good from a 20 minute survival.

(Which the focus system is helping that, but something is missing...)

I love warframe and DE. But the grind in Warframe is becoming a little much. For me personally I am accustomed to a little bit of grind, but everyone who I have recommended this game to has left because of the grind and almost unobtainable objects.

DE once said they would reduce the grind, but with the release of NE Zha, I don't see that happening. Equinox and Ivara are both warframes I grinded hours for. People get turned off by that. The new single handed stance mod is practically a myth!

Focus is a giant grind that many wouldn't even care to try. 

What do you guys think? Is the grind becoming too much to the point of running players away? Or is the grind fine where it is?

I think focus & sortie is asking more grind in my opinion though.  Overall, the grind has increased. 

Edited by IIWingSaberII

Sortie is more RNG, Focus is more Grind. You can always make progress towards focus with the simple lens you receive at the start. It's easily more boring than playing Maplestory, but at least you can make progress.

Sorties, you have no control over the rewards. Another system with a loot table so S#&amp;&#036;ty, that it forces you to runescape trade with other players. Thanks DE, I always wanted more reasons to experience the worst trading system in any game to date. At least the sorties can be fun for about 30 minutes.

The lowest drop chance that i know of in this game is around 4%. 

The best case of a drop rate for a ber rune in diablo 2 was 0.0074% in 1.12 and it was boosted up to 0.0678% in 1.13b

the rares rune zod had a drop chance of 0.0012% in 1.12 which was boosted up to 0.0193% in 1.13b 

As someone who has farmed for ber runes for months on several occasions i find the notion that warframe is grindy laughable. 

I have played plenty of other games with drop rates similar to diablo 2. 

So my short answer would be NO the grind is not killing the game. 

Yeah. I was actually willing to purchase nezha, but the fact that I'm almost forced to now just made me lose interest, I wanted to support this game I don't want to be forced into it. I was fine with the nitain extracts, but putting the parts in sorties is kinda cruel.

I don't mind grind but only as long as the end product is worth the reward.

I had already decided that the sorties are a bit of a joke with nothing in them worth chasing after so when they put the parts of the new frame in there it was a no brainer . . . they can keep the frame.

I'm fortunate, I have all the earlier frames, which are still the best ones [Excal. Prime being the best looking frame in the game], and tend to use those all of the time . . . I only got recent frames for the MR points.

I have seen too many players caught up in the drive to grind for everything and in doing so missing out on a lot of fun. I prefer to play around with loadouts in different missions and actually 'play' the game. However, saying that, I am on MR18 and when I get similar or higher ranks joining one of my ODD sessions I know we are just there to have fun . . .and that's how I like the game.

It has taken me over 2 years to get to MR18 . . .some get there faster, some slower, but if DE made it possible to do in, say, 2 months . . most of these complaining about too much grind would be complaining about not enough . . .such is the world of gaming, lol . . . ;)

Edited by CaptainEras