The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Deal With Ancient Toxic On Extreme High Level?

(PSN)Asoresoj

Question

His toxic aura can kill criopod in a single tic, and any warframe too.

Can killyou while in the rift.

Its inmune to Saryn Sporepopper.

His aura reach 10m. (Hopefully)

And yes! It can die with trinity EV buffed by a MPrime... But...

I feel its a little bit unfair to put a instakill that comes unstoppable to killyou and you can't even run cause criopod.

How you deal with him?

If you're talking the high level sorties, equip Antitoxin it helps a lot. But in general CC is the way to go, then just hit them hard with your best Corrosive weapon. The best way is to see them coming, be aware of what's around you, then drop them before they even get into range.

Edited by Zilchy

His toxic aura can kill criopod in a single tic, and any warframe too.

Can killyou while in the rift.

Its inmune to Saryn Sporepopper.

His aura reach 10m. (Hopefully)

And yes! It can die with trinity EV buffed by a MPrime... But...

I feel its a little bit unfair to put a instakill that comes unstoppable to killyou and you can't even run cause criopod.

How you deal with him?

Arcane grace is a godsend, but hard to get/max. My main tactic is confusion. Be it from nyx or radiation procs, but when enemies are confused their auras cease to work for the duration. If you have a coordinated team designate one tenno to snipe ancients. Rapid resilience goes a long way as well. 

pssh Opticor. Tonkor can rake up way more damage. 

Everything I've tried seems to pale in comparison to the tonkor, actually. It's downside is aiming. But there's not even a potential to kill yourself as with other similar devices.

I really wonder how it performs in pvp and if it is this broken there.

Everything I've tried seems to pale in comparison to the tonkor, actually. It's downside is aiming. But there's not even a potential to kill yourself as with other similar devices.

I used the Opticor on the Intercept Sortie. I was one shooting level 105 Eximus, Tonkor failed to do so.

Also, Tonkor needs at least 4 hits in an Artic Eximus Shield to destroy it. Opticor blows it in one hit as well.

Of course we are talking single target to AoE so Tonkor will always be better and it's OP as well

A level 9999 ancient toxic should have over 2.000.000.000 Hp... And a absurd damage reducción and fossilized armor. So high damage weapons won't solver the issue.

Near all crowd control forms will work if you are aware of him.

I'm searching for some escalable damage like Mag shield polarize, extrapowered by Nova Molecular Prime and CC by a continous snowglove máx range. Trinity 1-2 combo, Trinity EV with Molecular prime.

Someone has tried if 50% on damage on Frost snowglove enemy being hit can be doubled with Molecular prime?

I have tested Saryn but the damage does not scales. Spores poops but toxic damage that will be carried as the wiki says does not happen properly. Even with a 7000 toxic damage Torid spreading evola on a infested by spores.

No crit and damage mods like heavy cal or serration in pvp lol

They're good for traps but trying to get a hit off them is tough.

A level 9999 ancient toxic should have over 2.000.000.000 Hp... And a absurd damage reducción and fossilized armor. So high damage weapons won't solver the issue.

Near all crowd control forms will work if you are aware of him.

I'm searching for some escalable damage like Mag shield polarize, extrapowered by Nova Molecular Prime and CC by a continous snowglove máx range. Trinity 1-2 combo, Trinity EV with Molecular prime.

Someone has tried if 50% on damage on Frost snowglove enemy being hit can be doubled with Molecular prime?

I have tested Saryn but the damage does not scales. Spores poops but toxic damage that will be carried as the wiki says does not happen properly. Even with a 7000 toxic damage Torid spreading evola on a infested by spores.

Have you tried banshee?

If all else fails, just use covert lethality and invoke a finisher

Ancients don't have armor that reduces damage.

Edited by MrJxt

Try synulor.

And for tonkor - aiming is not a problem, use terminal velocity, it turns tonkor to shotgun - travel time is bigger problem then aiming.

On the end I've stopped using it mostly because of boredom. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

Do you have a more specified range for "high level"? I am guessing in the range of 80-100 introduced by the new sorties?

Without explicitly trying, I can't really offer concrete solutions (done a few sorties, but did not pay attention to the details beyond achieving the objectives with team... so I usually ignored the level of enemies in the HUD and judge things by the relative effectiveness of weapons/powers instead)

But I can try to list down some stuff I would try myself (some probably already mentioned by previous posters)

I would list down two main objectives as follow:

1. Stay alive (from the poison/attack)
2. Kill the enemies

Attempt for 1: Stay Alive

There are two main options here:
One would be to endure the damage and recover, using stuff like Antitoxin, HP, armor, regeneration/healing.
The other would be to avoid the damage completely, by either keeping out of range/sight or keeping the enemies away (CC).

If I were to take only one frame, I would choose Irradiating Loki - max range/efficiency, boosted duration to overcome penalty. For the following reasons:

- Irradiating Disarm not only stops the enemy approach, it also makes them hug their closest buddy, which can be more effective than most weapons after a certain point. Be prepared to spam though (hence the efficiency). Irdisarm status lasts 9 seconds max, but I think a cast every 3-5 seconds may be required due to spawn rate.

- Though not to the extent of a duration build, max ranged Loki can still get a >10 seconds invisibility. Again, the efficiency can keep the power spammable, though the window between the point the previous cast expires and the next cast is potentially dangerous. This ability should be seen at most as a precaution (Ir Disarm should be the main use).

- Theoretically, even if you cannot do enough damage, by keeping the energy/power usage sustainable, you can wait for the enemies to weaken themselves (in fact, the more enemies there are, the more total damage you would be indirectly causing).

Loki is fragile though. One wrong move and he will be down. And if a whole team only depends on him to hold enemy tide, it could break the moment the disarm spams stops.

As the ever reliable backup, I would recommend the versatile Vauban. Use a good Bastille to secure the last bit of space between the incoming enemy mob and your team (and objective), or Vortex choke points. Arguably just as effective (or even more) than Loki at CC, trading Loki's larger range and lack of upper enemy number limit with more reliability in CC.  As a pair, I think this team can stand up against most, if not all defense mission types.

For more insurance, add in an invulerable type for reviving, or healing type to reduce the need of reviving.

Attempt for 2: Kill enemies

Most weapons' effectiveness falls off after a certain range. At higher level, you will probably have only a few choices, either with naturally high damage or most often than not, crit-based damage which scales better to enemy level. (or one way is to look at what weapons people are screaming to be nerfed right now. LOL)

Of the weapons mentioned above, I would recommend Tonkor: high crit damage and AOE in one package. You just have to endure the less direct firing mechanics (which as 'workarounds' like Term velocity).

Syndicate weapons also have viability as their procs usually combines nice offensive and defensive effects. I would personally take something like Syn Gammacor. Even if I don't fire it, ally kills can proc it, causing AOE as well as energy recharge. Damage wise, it is not bad as well, though I probably would need a ammo mutation mod (or better, a prime one) to make it useful.

The last line however, is probably offensive warframe ability boost, without which the weapons would reach their limit too fast. Of the many choices, I personally favor Nova's M.Prime. Slow + damage bonus + mini AOE. One single kill will greatly weaken the other enemies nearby, making them easier to kill next.

When I look back up, I suddenly realise that these are all 'old school' tactics, so I really cannot take credit for the ideas. Just acting as a proxy for 'wisdom of the older generations of Tenno' :)  Hope there is something here that can be useful.

So. Hmm. Toxic Ancients do not have a toxin aura anymore. They deal toxin damage with their melee attacks, so simply not being hit solves that problem. Edit: Actually I think I'm wrong, they do emit AoE toxin sometimes but it's not a constant thing like it used to be, or how it is for the Venom Exumii.

I believe you may be confusing the issue with Venomous Exumii units, which do have a toxin dot aura. They have a fairly recognizable glowing effect and are fairly easy to identify - simply stay away and keep them away from the objective. If you're letting the defense objective get swarmed you're in trouble anyways.

Toxic Crawlers also emit an aura when killed; they need to be taken out at range and knocked away from the objective first.

Rapid Resilience can really help with Toxin DoT's, but only if the source is killed right away. Venom Exumii refresh the DoT every second so the mod won't help if you're still within range of the aura.

Edited by Darzk

Thank's to all.

I'm searching for a team to kill a lvl 9999 mobs. Cause why conform with less...

MrJxt. Ancient toxics have a 400 fossilized armor at lvl 1 and grows exponential like life. So 4xCP is near mandatory.

Do you have a more specified range for "high level"? I am guessing in the range of 80-100 introduced by the new sorties?

Lvl 9999. Just a little above sorties. ;)

The last line however, is probably offensive warframe ability boost, without which the weapons would reach their limit too fast. Of the many choices, I personally favor Nova's M.Prime. Slow + damage bonus + mini AOE. One single kill will greatly weaken the other enemies nearby, making them easier to kill next.

When I look back up, I suddenly realise that these are all 'old school' tactics, so I really cannot take credit for the ideas. Just acting as a proxy for 'wisdom of the older generations of Tenno' :) Hope there is something here that can be useful.

Yes. Trinity EV + MPrime its a silverbullet against these bosses, and its an old school trick. I should use that.

Also about survivality i find another player trick that could work.

Iron skin + láser to achieve 12.000.000hp skin that can explode with Iron sharpnell.

And in the same line a bless trinity with long range for link while uses T4 laser to achieve 99.7% Damage reduction and with link killing fast.

That will kill mobs until level 1000 at least.

And trinity could kill one on one any level.

Frost can stand back any number of enemies with snowglove each 4 seconds...

So now i have to find something that could help to kill massive amount of enemies of level 1000-9999.

Mag Shield polarize its an option but then i have to sacrifice bless trinity.

What do you think guys?

MrJxt. Ancient toxics have a 400 fossilized armor at lvl 1 and grows exponential like life. So 4xCP is near mandatory.

Lvl 9999. Just a little above sorties. ;) Yes. Trinity EV + MPrime its a silverbullet against these bosses, and its an old school trick. I should use that.

Ancients do not have armor. They have fossilized flesh type - it does not provide damage reduction.

Trinity and Mag have the only scaling damage abilities, and Mag's won't work for Infested. Lvl 9999 is not a reasonable goal - aside from a few bugs over the years there's not really any way to reach that level range. At a more reasonable level, say around two hours in an endless mission, enemies might reach around lvl 300-400, which is still within the range where massive damage amplifications on powerful weapons is still effective.

Say, Sonar+MPrime+Roar and a hard hitting weapon like the Opticor/Tonkor.

No it is not.

One frame that comes to mind when it comes to scaling is equinox. The more hp the enemy has when you kill them within maim's aura the higher the release damage.