Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

1 minute ago, Larsurus said:

Put a cap on it!

Be wary though, Excalibur's horn is the most prominent part of his identity, like Loki's hammerhead and Frost's flat top. Doing something radically different that alters his silhouette too much might take away that identity. Many frames don't have their identity revolving around their helmets, but I would say that Excalibur is very much the opposite. Excalibur without a horn is not Excalibur.

You may think that the helmet has something to do with it but it doesn't. The bigger distinctive points are the shoulders and the back. The horn varies so much that in some helmets doesn't even look like a horn. I might end up putting back some pointy parts in a different shape though, who knows :D For now there's no horn and it still looks like excalibur, just not the helmet... but my helmets never looked similar to the original ones :)

11 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

He's definitely going to have some metal ;) Enough to make you forget you can't have Excal Prime anymore XD (for the unfortunates like me who don't have it)

we all want excal i wished the brought the founders program back so people like me who wasnt in warframe yet pay for it to get excal and the skana and lato prime ;-;

13 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

He's definitely going to have some metal ;) Enough to make you forget you can't have Excal Prime anymore XD (for the unfortunates like me who don't have it)

Not that I really wanted him but I heard he had some "good weapons". Besides, Umbra is soon we can all at least look forward to that. Metal huh? Will it be closer to Hagoromo and Alata or Visage? Or will it be it's own awesomeness unlike those we've seen?

Cal seems like one of the harder ones to be creative on since everyone had done him and because he has a simple design to begin with. I wish you luck with working on him.

4 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

You may think that the helmet has something to do with it but it doesn't. The bigger distinctive points are the shoulders and the back. The horn varies so much that in some helmets doesn't even look like a horn. I might end up putting back some pointy parts in a different shape though, who knows :D For now there's no horn and it still looks like excalibur, just not the helmet... but my helmets never looked similar to the original ones :)

I beg to differ. The pointy thing on the front of his head plays a major part in his visual identity and it might be risky to neuter him completely, however cool a hornless Excalibur may look. He is the poster boy after all.

That's just my opinion though, I wouldn't mind being wrong and I look forward to seeing whatever you come up with :)

Just now, HitsuSan said:

Hahaha somebody is going to have his mind blown... ^^

Oh boy please tell me you were referring to someone else... I'm a poor girl! My wallet can't take this kind of strain. That and we know it's going to be mind-blowing. Isn't it always?

2 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

If the skin has a direct reference to King Arthur, I'm gonna be a happy person. I don't even have Excalibur, but I might cozy up to Simaris to get him if the skin looks good enough. 

Nah, that would make it too easy ^^ I'm not for easy solutions...

2 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

I think we have enough horned helmets and it's time to try something different.

Thank you! personally the single horn was getting old, i would like something different. i just hope with the metal you're using on the skin can still match up with the excal prime helm just a bit.

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Thank you! personally the single horn was getting old, i would like something different. i just hope with the metal you're using on the skin can still match up with the excal prime helm just a bit.

Uhm maybe just a bit. Don't expect any compatibility though, my skins are always way different and the lines and details won't match ^^

1 hour ago, HitsuSan said:

Uhm maybe just a bit. Don't expect any compatibility though, my skins are always way different and the lines and details won't match ^^

not holding out for much :/ it's a major shame because the default excal prime skin is so similar to the vanilla skin when compared to new primes that if i change the helm i'm basically just using vanilla excal :/

That's it. Take my money! What little I have should be wasted on snacks, inspirational doodles, and whatever else I can give with my poor girl wallet to make this happen. Oh, unrelated, but will he have a hat? My two nerd friends are debating on if you'd give him a hat or not. One says no and the other says Fedora or the Sherlock Holmes hat (I don't know which one is worse to be honest.) This ended with them throwing hats at each other, from different sides of the living room, pretending that they were dangerous explosives.

Also, just asking because I'm odd, not that you really have to answer though. After Cal, if they don't release any more new ones, would you most likely do a male frame or a female frame? (I'm preparing myself for the war on my wallet) Or would you be taking a break from the skin making business. I'd understand the need for a break. Seems stressful with all of us putting our hopes on you for it to be amazing.

@Evanescent Yes! It is something i've considered but i didn't even tried yet to see if it fits, we'll see. 

@Blood_Poppy: Nope!

@Espelonia: XD You know... you don't have to get all of my skins at once... i'm pretty sure they're not going anywhere. About the hat... who knows....? XD Nah, people will rise if i make another hat wearing skin (especially so soon after Visage who's still getting the angry post on the workshop page on a daily basis), but now that you've mentioned it i want to make a fedora wearing warframe! That would be awesome... Anyway you're not odd Espelonia ^^ The answer is Male, for sure another one and maybe a third one to be balanced with the ladies. I don't see any reason to stop making skins unless i get some very interesting freelancing jobs (that might happen every now and then) but i'm definitely not going to stop for more than one or two weeks cause i need a break :) This is very relaxing actually, i was doing concept art before and it was way more stressful to come up with tons of ideas every day instead of a just solid and very defined one and spend all the time to make it extremely balanced, detailed and refined.

@(PS4)Akuma_Asura (sorry the forum sometimes doesn't work how it should): Thanks :D (famous? lol yeah i don't think so) One day! I don't make any promise, Nezha would be very cool though :D i like him (not so much the fact that's super slippery....)

On 5/1/2016 at 7:54 PM, MasterBongHere said:

histu san  i love all your skins and  gonna buy them when they release but excal skin tho not sure about it  i havent seen any skin out there better than proto armor so you gotta really blow my mind with this one like you did the other skins   lol until then my money on hold for now 

I would actually like to see a damaged Proto armor variant or a brand new proto armor (I.E. not mimicking Hayden Tenno's infested arm but leaving the suit in its original condition) I'd work on  version of Excal myself but when it comes to that... I'm better at owning with him then ...er...dressing him...?

Archived