Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Won't Be Endgame For Long

Nah_NotReally

Focus is going to be just like syndicates: basically forgotten. Once it's relatively easy to farm focus, everyone will have upper level focus abilities and it won't be special anymore. Fixing the lack of cooperation is a good thing, but it'll make it easier to gain focus and so adding intense focus opportunities will make it too easy. I hope DE is ready for the players to feel focus lose its place as an endgame system. I really hope they don't go too far with the increased focus gain.

I hit the cap every day in roughly 3/4 high level missions actually but I can see the point OP. Draco is your friend though and if you bring the right group you can farm out that focus like it's nothing. That said not everyone will be able to do hat because it comes with experience and I would like to see a slight tweak anyway because less work to max out my focus will be welcome.

You arent seeing the bigger picture here. Some us have problems getting even like 10k per day.

ceres, ker, silenced tonkor, loki or ivara, put the lens on your warframe, 30 minutes=20k+ focus (depending on how long you can keep a stealth multiplier going)

it's not super efficient, but it works

Edited by Etan-gK

Synidcates were merely forgotten due to the lore being short lived. Besides the market offers, unique alerts they churned out daily and Death Squad/Platoon I'd encounter, they lack on any matter or influence at all in daily runs/derps in missions/quest. They were mere shadow in which in a span of weeks/days/months was left to be overlooked at.

Unless friends ask me for "x" mod/weapon trade from said syndicate there wasn't much to go on.

However, the Focus System offers a chance to influence or right out benefit the entire team, biggest example being Vazarin with dem instant revives.

Unlike Syndicates, which simply filled my needs/wants, I feel this might be first step to right direction to have an actual endgame content to last and be used more extensively. 

Admittedly, the Focus System currently has many flaws in need of polishing for me to even bother capping the whole thing.

Let alone capping all the schools which with its current 75k would take an entire year to achieve.

Hopefully the increase cap and much polishing in the near future makes it feel less of a chore to deal with.

Yup. It's power creep. Invasions are technically better endgame because they affect the game world permanently and don't have an endpoint.

Speaking of, I was thinking that we need more 'world' events where the community influences the Warframe universe.  That's what the Tenno are supposed to do, right?  Small number of forces that make massive changes.

Focus is going to be just like syndicates: basically forgotten. Once it's relatively easy to farm focus, everyone will have upper level focus abilities and it won't be special anymore. Fixing the lack of cooperation is a good thing, but it'll make it easier to gain focus and so adding intense focus opportunities will make it too easy. I hope DE is ready for the players to feel focus lose its place as an endgame system. I really hope they don't go too far with the increased focus gain.

So naive.

Most players are newbies and dont care about the game and play it just for "fun" like 30min-2h a day and will never have a full formed weapon maxed focus tree or arcane helmet. or ranke 20 in general ( mybe in several years when there are 1k + weapons)

most of them dont know how to get  stuff (and to lazy OR too stupid to use internet or they just dont care cuz its "just a game") they are basicly what harcore players call "casual" ( there is a diff when i casual calls himself a casual and when a hardcore player does that).

OP do you belive DE would make a game for the minority? Nononononno the big $ arent in the pockets of the tryhard players who actually use internet and compare value-cost effiecency.

Money comes from ppl who actually think ( for example) 5€ for a helmet in WF is ok ( i know how the cost comes together).

Well what ever happens happens in WF ( and the bigger it gets ) the more you can be sure that that will be patches for the casuals.

Thats aint even my opinion, thats a straight fact. 

players needs to stop jumping on the "bash Draco" bandwagon. you can use any type of mission and cap your focus points in 1 hr or less<< I know because I have done it multiple times and I don't play draco or spy or the cheap run to the extract tactic in exterminate and stealth kills.

from Mercury to the derelict and the void I have capped my points  with sab survival md and the star chart excavs quite easily and on the lowest of levels too.. and what is this endgame when there are "ENDLESS MISSIONS"? its just stupid to use that term literally.

you don't like a frame/ability/mission type/ weapon etc << no one is holding a gun to your head youre free to do and use and play where ever however solo or otherwise to your hearts content just like everyone else.

focus is just another flavor of the month in the game that you can chalk-up on the fodder side.

Edited by ranks21

ceres, ker, silenced tonkor, loki or ivara, put the lens on your warframe, 30 minutes=20k+ focus (depending on how long you can keep a stealth multiplier going)

it's not super efficient, but it works

Already put my lens on Nyx (because I didn't realize the game was about to screw my over for that). Your solution is simply not an option that most players can take even if they wanted to.

You arent seeing the bigger picture here. Some us have problems getting even like 10k per day.

Because some aren´t able to reach 10k/day DE has to drastically increase it? This is your bigger picture? This in only 1 viewpoint and no bigger picture.

Already put my lens on Nyx (because I didn't realize the game was about to screw my over for that). Your solution is simply not an option that most players can take even if they wanted to.

Yes it is, cause lenses are easy to get.

Edited by Kuestenjung

Of course it is, progression systems are only skinner boxes.

Farming for mods

Farming for cores to rank them up

Farming for mats

Farming for parts

Mastery Rank

Syndicate rep

Conclave standing

Arcane enhancements

Even just login in

And nowadays, Focus and Sorties.

All of them reward the player for performing repetitive actions, be it killing the same enemy over and over again, or completing the same mission over and over again.

Players will go through it, and another progression system will take its place.

The only problem is when doing so becomes less and less fun, and more and more tedious.

A game played for fun slowly becomes a factory work.

There's only so much repetition a player can withstand.

Edited by Thelonious

All it takes is hours upon hours of grinding through very challenging missions for a slim chance to get one. That makes them difficult to get.

I really dont know why the community acts like lens are easy to acquire. They even rage at getting them as sortie rewards- when thats the ONLY way to earn them.

I really dont know why the community acts like lens are easy to acquire. They even rage at getting them as sortie rewards- when thats the ONLY way to earn them.

Once you got the lens, you got the lens. Put it on whatever you farm your focus with, and you're done. Or just buy a big lens for 40p which isn't much to be honest. It's the same deal as with karak parts. You have it already and getting a karak part is like getting literally nothing. Sortie Reward system is screwed but DE is aware of it and are going to tweak it according to devstream.

How would they not be end game? With the exception of that one focus that starts with a U, the passives are incrediblity useful for end game missions. My suggestion is that each time you activate the skill , reduce the cool down of by the number amount of passive branch unlocked once you activate it for the first time to make non passive skills much more useful