The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do We Want Mag To Become "excalibur" Tier?

Hypernaut1

Im almost afraid of what this means. Sure, i would love to see her tweaked and perfected, but please dont go and turn her into a mindless 4-spam frame for the masses. Or into a completely different frame in general. I'd feel much more comfortable with a Frost style rework instead.

I know for sure this may mean a Shield Polarization rework (nerf) or removal though. In exchange, they may just give her some spammy damage power or CC instead.

I like BA and think its one of the more unique abilities in the game- please dont replace it with some copycat ability from another frame. It really just needs a few tweaks. 

As cool as Crush look- i think that can go. Although honestly, i think it just needs to be buffed. Maybe make it a toggle where you can hold the enemies in the air while 4 is held and it gradually crumbles the armor off of enemies.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Have not played Excal more than once or twice since the rework, pressing 4 then spamming the melee key for a whole mission is not fun for me. When I did play him I found myself using blind instead.

Anyway, totally agree, Frost style rework rather than Excal style changes please.

Frost was perfect, kept his core skills in tact, making them all useful without cheapening the frame into yet another mindless spam platform.

However the latest trend of giving frames Exalted Blade style ults has me concerned for these reworks.

Honestly WuKong and Ivara ults are the worst parts of the frames.

An ultimate that locks you into using one weapon, and just spamming it repeatedly isn't the solution you have been looking for DE, please move on!

Im almost afraid of what this means. Sure, i would love to see her tweaked and perfected, but please dont go and turn her into a mindless 4-spam frame for the masses. 

Sorry but i couldn't stop laughing at this one.

Because Mag isn't already a *insert ability key*-bot in pub matches now? Please.

Edited by Autongnosis

One change Mag really needs is changing Magnetic damage of Crush into finisher damage.

She's heavily specialized against Corpus and she shines there when being nigh completely useless against any other faction.

Pull, Bullet Attractor and Shield Polarize are quite decent as they are, though they could use more love.

Pull could be reverted to flinging enemies at supersonic speeds, like reverse Sonicor. Maybe disarm them (or do Drahk master thing on them, by ripping weapons out of their hands forcing them into melee till the pick up/timer runs out for the ease of execution).

Bullet Attractor could be used on teammates and reflect bullets like Turbulence, but that's nothing necessary.

Shield Polarize, or more like Overshields, could have no cap whatsoever.

Magnetic damage itself could completely disable enemy auras and special attacks, making Mag useful against any faction as debuffer while excelling as a killing machine against Corpus.

All Warframes should have their niche. No one should be left behind or be considered worse as X. In an ideal world, all Warframes would be balanced between them.

Okay, we're not in an ideal world, but nothing prevent us from trying to close the gap between all frames as much as possible. Mag should be as good as Excalibur is then. However we're not forced to give her nuking powers to make her potent. Loki is a proof : you can make an extremely good frame without crazy damageful abilities.

Okay, we're not in an ideal world, but nothing prevent us from trying to close the gap between all frames as much as possible. Mag should be as good as Excalibur is then. However we're not forced to give her nuking powers to make her potent. Loki is a proof : you can make an extremely good frame without crazy damageful abilities.

Instead it's a frame that pretty much makes enemies unable to deal any damage whatsoever.

Frost was perfect, kept his core skills in tact, making them all useful without cheapening the frame into yet another mindless spam platform.

Globe spam is still very much real, so your point is moot.

However you also have a wider array of stronger moves such as Avalanche, icewave and freze and the synergy between them

Likewise with EB you can also synergize with blind and Slash dash. If you want to spam only 1 skill for the entire mission that's your choice, but don't do so of your own choosing then go back and call the frame Press42win, when you're the one playing him that way.

All Warframes should have their niche. No one should be left behind or be considered worse as X. In an ideal world, all Warframes would be balanced between them.

i honestly dont consider Loki a great Frame. cheesy CC is NOT where i want Mag to be either.

I get that they want to update the starter frames but really, what about Saryn? which is recent and Equinox? Or Limbo, Chroma...am i missing something?

That being said im still glad theyre going back to tweak frames. We want Mag to be Excal tier in terms of usefulness.

Edited by Misgenesis

Globe spam is still very much real, so your point is moot.

However you also have a wider array of stronger moves such as Avalanche, icewave and freze and the synergy between them

Likewise with EB you can also synergize with blind and Slash dash. If you want to spam only 1 skill for the entire mission that's your choice, but don't do so of your own choosing then go back and call the frame Press42win, when you're the one playing him that way.

Excal dont have synergy between his abilites. Typical Excal players are spaming EEEEEEEE and other players dont have any benefits from Excal in team. You can use Radial Bind, but this skill is useless, because you can kill lvl 80 enemy per one attack and it has stupid LoS.

Really, Mag needs only changes like old Frost - increase BA duration, give small buff to Crush and she'll be fine.

Excal dont have synergy between his abilites. Typical Excal players are spaming EEEEEEEE and other players dont have any benefits from Excal in team. You can use Radial Bind, but this skill is useless, because you can kill lvl 80 enemy per one attack and it has stupid LoS.

Really, Mag needs only changes like old Frost - increase BA duration, give small buff to Crush and she'll be fine.

That's not exactly true. I have completed a couple of sorties with Excalibur for all 3 parts of the sortie and on the second and third parts, pressing just E and not using the move that creates a knockdown is pretty useless because the damage isn't high enough to kill fast enough.

I also did a part 2 sortie extraction mission with energy reduction debuff yesterday, and I have to say using the sliding radial blind instead of the normal radial blind with only a max power of 75 energy is very essential. That said, I did blow through 7 energy restores.

I have also rescued my teammates a number of times by using the actual radial blind and at higher levels, it is essential. In fact, more important than exalted blade though the 2 are hand in hand because radial blind not only gives finishers for close range (the blade itself) but also a multiplied damage effect for long range (the energy waves).

Now, I am not saying any of this to discount your point or against you or anything but I just feel the need to at least explain a little more on how excalibur has to be played (at least for me) during sorties.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Radial Blind Increases Damage dealt by both Slash Dash and Exalted Blade

Exalted Blade Increases the damage of Slash Dash incredibly.

While in Exalted Blade, Slash Dash produces waves on damaging enemy.

The only skill which does not in his kit is radial javelin.

Go on, tell me how there's no synergy between his kit.

Also, due to Armor scaling, you're hardly going to be oneshotting any mobs at level 80 with Radial Blind. Those that can be killed are likely unarmoured fodder.

What about making Shield Polarize something more akin to Molecular Prime? You polarize all enemies within range, such that when their shields take damage, it creates a 1m field of magnetic damage around the mob. Further hits on the shield increase the damage and size of the AOE field. Like shooting a nullifier in reverse.

Crush "pops" all Shield Polarize fields in range, creating a massive magnetic AOE (damaging enemies, restoring friendly shields) in addition to its normal effects.

Using Pull on a Shield Polarize bubble procs an AOE shield restore for friendlies.

Edited by motorfirebox

What about making Shield Polarize something more akin to Molecular Prime? You polarize all enemies within range, such that when their shields take damage, it creates a 1m field of magnetic damage around the mob. Further hits on the shield increase the damage and size of the AOE field. Like shooting a nullifier in reverse.

Crush "pops" all Shield Polarize fields in range, creating a massive magnetic AOE (damaging enemies, restoring friendly shields) in addition to its normal effects.

Using Pull on a Shield Polarize bubble procs an AOE shield restore for friendlies.

I guess I know that kind of rework. Reminds me of spores spreading through enemies and then popping them by pressing 4. Like it or not, that rework wasn't welcome by a big part of community.

Imo, a small (or not so small) buff to crush is all what mag needs

Edited by -----LegioN-----

Also, due to Armor scaling, you're hardly going to be oneshotting any mobs at level 80 with Radial Blind. Those that can be killed are likely unarmoured fodder.

I guess corpus techs and bombards are unarmored fodder even at lvl 100 then? 1 blind + 1 exalted wave = 5 dead enemies

As an already avid mag user (have been from day one... litterally she was my first frame), and having spent alot of time messing around and tinkering with builds (I now have about 12 builds I use for different occasions... I need more mag primes now), I can give alittle input into her abilities.

Pull: I dont really see any problem with this, I would like to see the Greedy Pull put back to the origional state (since it was nerfed due to Mesa... now Mesa has been reworked, surely GP can be returned), but on the whole, its a nice combo builder.  Knock enemies on their rear ends, walk up, hit em while they are down. Sure, haveing them stay down for longer would be nice... but leave as is IMO.

Shield Polarize: This is single handedly one of the most powerful abilities in the game vrs Corpus... it needs No change. Even when there are no corpus or shielded enemies in the room, this is still useful as a Shield Recharge in a tight spot (it even still gives a slight overshield). So I would leave as is, maybe take away the overshield cap (more OP please). But in all honesty, I think its fine as is. I mean being able to kill level 150 corpus like they are paper bunny rabbits, really makes me smile :)

Bullet Attractor: This is a MONSTER of an ability if built right. In sabs, the bosses die in single shots from Sonicors due to this, Enemies that survive ragdoll even more. Its a percentage based attack as well. The tougher the enemies, the more damage their bullets do, the more damage they do to themselves and their allies... whats not to like. The only change I would have surgested would have been that the effect switches to any enemy caught in the deathblast for the remainder of the ability... sort of like resonance on banshee... maybe that could have been the augment for it... never mind, missed oppertunity.

Crush: This was great when you could activate it mid air on the move. It is great against low level enemies. Its pretty much useless after wave 40. Its weak, only give a momentary pause in the battle, and has limited range even at 250% range. This ability above all else needs some kind of tweak. I liked the idea of a toggle on it, you activate it, are rooted in spot, but enemies continue to take damage and be held in place. This would allow for some great synergy with other frames, and would allow mag to play a better support role. I can also see the issues with this, it could be OP if modded right, but if kickbot is ok with OPP, I am ok with OPP.

just my two pennys. I would have offered two cents, but I dont have any... marbles either.

Mag will always be my favorite frame, but any rework that makes her better, Im ok with. I like the idea of making her more of a team player, I really like the idea of adding synergy with other frames also. Make it so.

Mag rework:

1: Armor polarization: Dealing damage to health based on the amount of  armor the enemy has.

2: Shield polarization: Dealing damage to health based on the amount of shield the enemy has.

3: Flesh polarization: Dealing damage to health based on the amount of health the enemy has.

4: Press-4-to-win frame: You literally win the game by using this skill.

There's your Excalibur tier frame.

In a more serious note, no I don't want any more Excalibur tier frame. He's one of the best and most broken frame in the game, and playing him make this game to become piss easy without having to put any effort into playing at all. His 1 is useless, his blind is broken, his 3 is a macro-friendly skill for farming while afk and his 4 is just mash e and win game.

Oo you 2 shot lv 30 Sentients? Try fighting a lv 70+ sentient/horde of sentients in the simulacrum see how well/long it takes you to drop them.

I don't have the time to do the chords it takes for that thing, so I've only faced lvl 50 Sentients before.

Also having frames just to fight against one set of enemy designs that's currently only included in 3 title sets while reducing the rest of the game (which make 99% of the content) to become nothing but folder is a good game design indeed.