Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow Debt Worst Event Ever?

SaucyTuckermax

Hey guys, so before you write some hate, plz at least read what I wrote...THANKS.

Shadow debt is worst event ever...Let me explain: First part of the event, was totally FINE. I had fun, rewards were decent, (transmute cores, 5packs and 10packs of R5s and sensors and nuerodes out the yang) Second part of the event however...

the acolyte hunting: Since they constantly change location, it's kind of a pain to get a good squad going for at least a few runs. since you will do a few then all the sudden all acolytes have an unknown location, so squad disbands. This isn't that big of a deal, and I understood why they did it this way, but still kind of annoying.

The mods they drop: So they added a bunch of new mods, some of which are arguably game breaking (specifically the crit chance mods) Which I have mixed feelings about...I'm happy there are new mods but some of them seem pretty OP. I guess that doesn't matter though, not like they will ever drop...

The mod drop rate: So I've done 67 acolytes and I've only got about 5 MAYBE 6 different mods. I understand that the rare ones are rare or whatever but it seems like the drop chance for anything but 'body count' 'catalizer link' and (forget what the other one is called) is UBER weighted. I was in a squad with someone that made a joke about going to farm sentients instead because if he would have killed as many sentients as he has acolytes, he would have a vengeful revenant by now. (I thought it was funny and prob. true) Anyway really feel like this event had a lot of potential, but was turned into a poorly executed grindfest. I know the event isn't over yet, and theres still more acolytes coming, but so far in my opinion this is the worst event yet...What do you guys think?

Edit: Just read another thread about people aborting after being rewarded an, let's just say 'unwanted mod' to which the DErebecca responded saying that they are working on a patch to make acolyte mods be rewarded at mission completion. (In an an attempt to stop players from aborting, which will work) However if this does happen, I for one am done with the event unless of course the drops rates are turned upside down. Otherwise, I guess alad V is done for. :'(

Edited by SaucyTuckermax

Hey guys, so before you write some hate, plz at least read what I wrote...THANKS.

Shadow debt is worst event ever...Let me explain: First part of the event, was totally FINE. I had fun, rewards were decent, (transmute cores, 5packs and 10packs of R5s and sensors and nuerodes out the yang) Second part of the event however...

the acolyte hunting: Since they constantly change location, it's kind of a pain to get a good squad going for at least a few runs. since you will do a few then all the sudden all acolytes have an unknown location, so squad disbands. This isn't that big of a deal, and I understood why they did it this way, but still kind of annoying.

The mods they drop: So they added a bunch of new mods, some of which are arguably game breaking (specifically the crit chance mods) Which I have mixed feelings about...I'm happy there are new mods but some of them seem pretty OP. I guess that doesn't matter though, not like they will ever drop...

The mod drop rate: So I've done 67 acolytes and I've only got about 5 MAYBE 6 different mods. I understand that the rare ones are rare or whatever but it seems like the drop chance for anything but 'body count' 'catalizer link' and (forget what the other one is called) is UBER weighted. I was in a squad with someone that made a joke about going to farm sentients instead because if he would have killed as many sentients as he has acolytes, he would have a vengeful revenant by now. (I thought it was funny and prob. true) Anyway really feel like this event had a lot of potential, but was turned into a poorly executed grindfest. I know the event isn't over yet, and theres still more acolytes coming, but so far in my opinion this is the worst event yet...What do you guys think?

I'm looking forward to the acolyte hunting!

About the new "game breaking" mods - These mods, along with Primed Bane mods and the like; seem to be pointing toward DE getting closer to removing "Required" mods like Serration. They also said that they'd like weapons to grow in strength by rank. So I don't think these mods will be as game breaking in the future as they are right now.

Drop Rate - I wouldn't worry about it unless you're the type of player that needs every new thing immediately. DE said in the last Devstream that this event is introducing a future Persistent VIP System, so I imagine that the Acolytes will reappear rather frequently. 

IMO DE has been 'mailing it in' a lot recently

FWIW the 2nd dream was like the biggest thing they've done so far, but even that had a ton of stuff cut from it, so it still felt wonky and poorly written/scripted [lotus just appears on liset with stalker...]

would really like DE to do whatever it takes to vet things more before they shove it out the door, i know they are trying to be cool by giving us the hot new thing right out of the oven, but i would much rather have my pizza fully cooked and crispy instead of doughy in the middle =/

events like gradivus and tethra were the best IMHO, also liked gate crash and breeding grounds, but DE has really not brought their 'A-game' ever since then sadly =[

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

It's nowhere near the worst, at least for me. Cicero Crisis, Tethra's Doom, and False Profit take the cake for me, as a predominantly solo player. Didn't care much for the repetition of the Gradivus Dilemma either, cool as it was from a story standpoint.

I just try to stay focused on the event rewards for this one. The mods will come sooner or later, either from doing the event or from when they're inevitably added to the game at large afterwards.

Can't speak for the majority for the playerbase but, at least for me, none of the points brought up are considered serious issues and definitely don't make the event the "worst event ever".

Squads disbanding? Meh, that happens 99% of the time anyway. Go solo or with friends if feel like thats an issue.

New mods being OP? I see what they attempted: very powerful mods but also very situational and conditional, unlike most "mandatory" mods. I like the idea.

After one day I managed to get almost all the mods i was interested in from the current acolytes. Did 30 runs or so and barely felt the "grindfest" everybody is apparently concerned about.

The only thing i kindof dislike is that acolytes are very easy to deal with even in solo. They are affected by powers, don't try to dodge your attacks too hard and often they get stuck. The battle should take more time not because of their tankyness, but their ability to avoid damage via some sort of dodging mechanism or something.

Still, event isn't over. So whatever.

It's nowhere near the worst, at least for me. Cicero Crisis, Tethra's Doom, and False Profit take the cake for me, as a predominantly solo player. Didn't care much for the repetition of the Gradivus Dilemma either, cool as it was from a story standpoint.

You didn't care for the repetitiveness of Gradivus, but this repetitiveness doesn't bother you? Granted, the acolytes spawn on different mission it's still (in my opinion) VERY repetitve. Start mission, run around map wait for acolyte to spawn, fight acolyte, complete mission objective, repeat process. (sometimes meaning doing same mission another 2 MAYBE 3 times before the location changes.) And secondly, not saying your wrong about the mods being added to the game after this but that didn't happen for all event mods...Buzzkill and the other slash mods are VERY sought after since they were NOT added to game after the event (except for fussilade which baro had 1 time)

we have 7 days timer for 5 Acolytes

Source? I read in DERebecca's post about this Event that this part, Stage 2 if you will, goes until we kill all the Acolytes, and then the next part goes for 3 days starting from until this part ends.

1. Take Nova [Prime]

2. Drop Molecular Prime

3. Observe acolytes flip/roll/use abilities really slowly

4. Melee

5. Finish mission OR Restart if desired Mod doesn't drop

6. Repeat

The False Profit was the worst so far for me, both it and this have good points and good ideas; but False Profit had enemies that were released in such a buggy state that if they hit you with two particular moves, you couldn't even try to get back up in that mission. Putting them into the game also broke the Pack at the Time since they shared elements causing the pack to also plant you permenantly on the ground with no chance of getting back up - you had to quite the game - or your allies had to complete the mission without you. This was in addition to the rules for the False Profit event not being the same ones announced, as you did not get to keep more money from activating, surviving, and then killing as quickly as you could; but instead from letting the validation almost fail before the fatal blow which was opposite of what players were told in the announcement. It was a good idea and neat enemies that just had bad handling - I assume we will see more of the bursa when Nef gets their bugs ironed out.

So far, with Shadow Debt, I am getting the same vibe as the Balor Fomorians, that either my actions fighting the acolytes are worthless as the sometimes massive amount of damage I cause them causes no change to their global totals or that I am not intended to succeed. Neither outcome is particularly pleasant but I think that bad drops not-withstanding the event has been bug free and hasn't hurt anything in the game sides our pride that wannabee Stalkers can get soo much durability and teleport so easily. While this event hasn't so far impressed me or seemingly inovated yet - perhaps the final part will surprise if we get to that stage - but it hasn't made me disappointed that I invested my time in this. With the current drop rates, I do feel little incentive other than covering the favor to Alad V in game that said.

Well, at least it's playable. Sadly, the majority of the events as of late is based on heavy grinding. In my personal opinion, the two worst events were Cicero and Tethra. Why? Because after running a square THOUSAND plant hunting missions I still lacked many of them - they just didn' spawn at all, and I memorized every single possible spawn location by heart! And Tethra, well, with the server and client issues during Tethra, like 1/3 of the community was unable to play it at all - including me. The extreme lags and game-greaking freezes and crashes made many players just skip it.

Here's another thread that use powerful words so lightly that some people deserve an applause for having to put up with it.

Worst is a bit too extreme, don't you think? Y'know, a group of people actually sat down for hours or days writing code, drawing concepts, etc. just to make this event and all you can do is say, "THIS IS THE WORST EVENT EVER!"

Well, that's quite the pretentious claim... quite disgusting, to an extent. Sure it isn't the golden piggy, but it sure as Hek isn't the most useless, most mind-destroyingly boring, and most unrewarding waste if time in the world. No, far from that.

Give credit where credit is due.

Keep an open mind about this, and consider the carrot-and-stick system:

The mods are great. They challenge the current meta of streamlined modding by rewarding players with various play-styles. Albeit, the mod requirements to activate are pretty basic, but think long-term. Personally, I would like to see more of these compared to slap-on passives. For example, with the newly popularized Argon Scope, players are given an incentive to be marksmen with constant headshots; whereas before who cares where you shot. "Good job with that headshot, here's a slight buff so you can kill more." (Carrot)

The hunting is another incentive for players. Before, players would only unlock and access modes because it's a hotspot (assassination nodes, dark sectors, "loot caves", etc.) or convenience (completionist, deployable extractors, alert/invasion, quest requirement). Most players would have incompleted the star chart because let's be honest, why would we? By making acolytes spawnable in different places, it allows players to complete the regular mission and node to unlock the adjacent ones. While yes, they have spawned in Dark Sectors that most of have probably unlocked, it is a form of incentive as well because the event isn't completely forcing us to unlock useless nodes. "We have x node on x planet unlocked. Good thing it spawned there. I don't have to run through 3 missions to unlock that untouched node." "It spawned on a node I don't have yet. I'll just taxi there, besides I needed to unlock it anyways to put the extractor on this planet. Double dipping."

Drop rate: RNG is RNG. Farmers have been complaining that grinding the same thing over and over again (Void) never gave them satisfaction because the rewards sucked. At least this is a refreshment from the old grind. At least we are receiving something new. At least they're advancing the story as we grind away. At least what we're doing has progress in one way or another. Abusing Tormet for Argon Scope advances whatever lore is in the mission.

As people already said, False Profit was the worst because it rewarded us with Impact mods. Y'know the last thing we really really beg for because we prefer the other two damage types? Yeah, that one.

Now, if absolutely none of this matters to you (whoever is reading this long long post), well then please go to a different circle-jerk. There's a difference between complaints and criticism. For one, criticism is logical.

But the criticism of this event IS logical.

It forces rerunning of our most boring missions for the most part, the RNG and grind is horrific for event exclusive rewards, and it just fails to be fun.

In regards to worst event ever, I think Grineer Informant is probably the worst event ever from what I've heard of it, but Shadow Debt is the worst event I've played so far.

210 kills and only one rare drop later, this is boring even by grindfest standards.

Yesterday I ground the acolytes all day until my eyes hurt and I couldn't continue, without seeing a single rare. Today I managed to get my first.. but of course it wasn't Argon Scope.

Tens of Torment kills, Hydraulic Crosshairs at roughly a 90% rate. Yeah, this is pretty awful.

I think I would've preferred it if ALL the Acolyres dropped ALL the mods, at least that way you don't risk getting screwed over by RNG until the one source of a given mod gets community-killed.

Time of writing, Torment has 6.6% health left. One more appearance will deal with that, then I have to wait and pray the Final Challenger is kinder. Such fun.

Edited by EDYinnit

You didn't care for the repetitiveness of Gradivus, but this repetitiveness doesn't bother you? Granted, the acolytes spawn on different mission it's still (in my opinion) VERY repetitve. Start mission, run around map wait for acolyte to spawn, fight acolyte, complete mission objective, repeat process. (sometimes meaning doing same mission another 2 MAYBE 3 times before the location changes.) And secondly, not saying your wrong about the mods being added to the game after this but that didn't happen for all event mods...Buzzkill and the other slash mods are VERY sought after since they were NOT added to game after the event (except for fussilade which baro had 1 time)

Gradivus was nothing but invasions for a hundred straight runs. (I didn't even get that far; I got burnt out after qualifying for the Machete Wraith.) At least with Shadow Debt there's some variety in tilesets, enemies, etc., and I have some downtime between appearances to take a break or go about my usual business. If you're after some of the specific mods, then yes, it's probably a little tiresome, but grinding for rare mods has always been like that, particularly when they drop from rare or uncommon enemies.

So I moved my goalpost. I'll shoot for the Vulkar Wraith and Acolyte Lacera skin (and maybe one of the lower-tier clan decorations, depending on how many friends I can round up to get involved), and whatever mods I happen to get along the way will be a bonus. My weapons are already pretty tricked out, it's not as if I'm losing a lot by not having Argon Scope to make things even more ridiculously easy to kill.

It's... Boring. Nothing much to do other than just running the usual stuff, just with a single edgecolyte around.

Is it disappointing? Yeah, I can agree with that. I mean, I expected something a little bit special after waiting 8 months for an event. Still far from the worst event though. Remember, this exists

FalseProfitSplash.jpg