Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Baro Ki'teer Gone?

Axacution

Lol. Well theres no countdown for PC players.. Don't really care.

But is there still a countdown for ps4? So we can catch up and (we didn't contribute to the huge amounts of salt PC threw at DE) 

We threw a bit of seasoned salt for better tasting lol..

No but seriously... Countdown still there for us??? I need P. Cont and Flow

There is.

I actually liked Baro Ki'Teer, my only issue with him is that I wanted there to be 2 tabs, one with new inventory, and one with old inventory, that would reduce the salt on the forums by the thousands, though it would still reduce the amount of new stuff we got, it's free?

Baro isn't supposed to be a loophole to the market, he was supposed to be a guy that brought some new stuff, never did they say it would be necessary stuff, or useful stuff, or even stuff everyone liked.

This while situation isn't the Devs fault, sure, if you watch the Devstreams on YouTube (where you can't see twitch chat) it looks like the Devs acted childish and rude, but if you watched the actual stream, you'll see just how disrespectful these kids were acting, and in all honesty, most of them got what they deserved, which was a temporary ban.

If you have nothing constructive to offer in a respectful manner, then see yourself out before we make you leave, that's the motto everyone should know.

Don't blame this PC user. I never complained and bought everything. Sure I'll never max a prime ammo drum bu r whatever. The cosmetics were cool and primed flow, continuity, reach, point blank, the pistol heat damage one are all pure awesome. The bane mods are not nearly as bad as people complained about and the affinity booster was great idea as well. I did t buy because it fell on my 50 day login reward and no way to use it later, but love to see again. Was hoping vengeful reverent would show and a prime reach for my buddy....

DE needs to not be so sensitive to the cry babies. All these entitled cry babies need to go cry with thier mommy for awhile. Hope Baro is not gone. People that dislike it, don't buy and move on.

I don't really think they would remove it just because some people complained, to "punish everyone" as a form of military discipline. 

They have the internal numbers. And above all else that is what will guide their decisions, along with their own vision of the game. 

It could be said that as he stands, the void trader no longer fulfills the purpose he was meant for. 

He was supposed to be a credit and extra prime part sink for people who had way too much of both. Now people farm junk prime parts and credits every two weeks to have "enough for Baro". 

In his current form he has completely outlived his usefulness. He is no longer a sink for stuff and a way to introduce a little new content. Instead, he has become something that feels like an obligation for players to prepare for every two weeks, and then feel let down when Santa Ki'teer doesn't bring what they want. And for the devs it's probably become a nightmare of trying to release something new every two weeks without spending too much time on it or introducing too much hard to level mandatory power creep at once. 

Let's face it -- DE didn't and wouldn't make a business decision because a minority of people whined. They made it because their internals show he isn't nearly as used/popular as he was, and probably also that people's supply of "extra" prime parts is mostly down to nothing anymore. As are extra credits for most people who aren't hardened veterans. Even veterans have trouble keeping up with the prime parts for the void trader now. And that's a big problem. 

I think the way to fix him is simple, and from this it sounds like they may be going in this direction: Remove him for now, but let console catch up so they can get anything like Primed Flow or whatever that they were waiting for. Then, reintroduce him with a quest, and then make him a permanent fixture. Give him some stuff that he always carries, but also have him rotate special stuff. Instead of every two weeks, make it every week. And have the stuff last for the whole week or something. Make it feel like less of an "i have to right now obligation". Because honestly, the reason for the salt is that people have to farm in advance to prepare knowing with their limited schedule and him being there for like 48 hours that they really don't have much time to farm extra if he has what they want and they don't have enough. Making him last a week takes away the salt -- to elaborate, yes some people will always be salty, but it doesn't feel so much like a letdown if you don't feel you have to farm for two weeks just in case, then be disappointed. And making him bring stuff every week makes it feel not so much like a special event where people will feel as disappointed. 

I understand how some of you feel, some people went too far with their whining. But I think their internals was the real reason for the decision. In his current form he no longer properly serves his purpose. He needs a serious revamp. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Hey, that white knight BS term again.

There goes that credibility. Oh, well. These things happen with double digit IQs.

It's hard to wrap your head around the concept of, like, if you don't want something, umm, don't buy it? Or maybe, hmmm, if it costs more than you want to spend, well, maybe, you know, not buy it?

What a novel concept!

But, no, you get WLBs that do nothing but stink up the joint with an overweaning sense of self-entitlement. Or if it really twists your gonads into pretzels, you could just...quit. You wouldn't be missed.

Amen. I was going to post something like this but 10 times meaner.

Lol or when devs are overly sensitive.

I wouldn't say they are overly sensitive. DE gets a ton of crying and whining from a lot of vocal saltbabies that think only of themselves. That much negativity is bound to have them reconsider some things.

Baro brought things that some players appreciate or wanted and vice versa. I certainly didn't love every rotation but ALL of them had something that someone would want.

The crying over the catalyst and boosters was especially special. I'm sure that not a lot of players are willing to dive into the hell known as trade chat for plat. The prices could have been revised but not to the point of causing DE to lose money from throwing dirt cheap potatoes into a shop for credits. 

guess I'm never gonna see that Primed Flow or Continuity then.. great.

hopefully just a UI bug, I'd rather him stay. if they really are getting rid of him, they should at least keep Baro's Items and drop them in Gift of The Lotus alerts, that way we can all enjoy our shiny Prisma stuff. maybe introduce new Prisma items this way as well. they shouldn't do away with the fancy gear, that's for sure.

guess I'm never gonna see that Primed Flow or Continuity then.. great.

hopefully just a UI bug, I'd rather him stay. if they really are getting rid of him, they should at least keep Baro's Items and drop them in Gift of The Lotus alerts, that way we can all enjoy our shiny Prisma stuff. maybe introduce new Prisma items this way as well. they shouldn't do away with the fancy gear, that's for sure.

Timer is STILL UP for consoles! All is not lost. 

Who cares if his stuff was bad or not it doesn't matter some of the stuff was very useful

& yes I will blame PC users because they the ones who get the stuff b4 us & have the bigger player base & the majority of you PC players are nothing but ungrateful complainers.

Complain complain complain is all that seems to happen & what u PC users don't understand is while it will effect u now it will hurt us console users as well. Just remember anything u complain about that gets removed or Reworked also effect console users who may actually like some of the things you don't.

remember PC users you ain't the only ones who get patches & stuff what happens to you eventually makes its way to us & us console users are different then PC users alot of stuff u don't like we tend to like.

If it get changed then it ruins it for us so think about that b4 u post ok

it's time people stop complaining & actually be greatful for the stuff he does bring no matter how bad it is its still rare stuff & useful

I'm so sick & tired of stuff being destroyed because of crybabies

I hope it's just a bug & this thread is moot point

I hope this just means the new star chart is close to coming & he will return on a permanent bases there.

As remember DE did mention he would be in the new star chart so hopefully this us just in preparation for it as u guys may get 18.5 next week if so I could have swore DE said awhile back b4 update 18 that it would likely be out in 18.5

So hopefully this is the case fact de hasn't announced his removal on the Fourms doesn't seems like it was intentional hopefully it wasn't

But if it big mistake de hope u do the right thing & keep Baro coming thx u

Understand that we complain a great deal more because our updates come out broken 9/10 times.Appreciate the fixes

Whenever I see people refer to others as "whiners" on this issue. I have to shake my head. They could have put down a couple event mods all those times people complained about the very weird choices for prime mods--hell, the boosters could have been event mods and I don't think too many people would have complained. If he's gone, it's more likely because they couldn't keep up with providing that kind of content and ran out of ideas over something that was poorly thought out to begin with, creating more items people either could only trade for and couldn't get via gameplay while priming mods that didn't offer much return and took the place of a mod that could have easily been fun to prime/use while not being game breaking or encourage people to check out specific weapons because of how it changed everything up. 

Unless they make Baro permanent, there's no excuse that makes sense to tell someone who has serration maxed that in order to help their shotgun with the exact same sort of mod, they have to go to trade chat to get primed point blank, otherwise just cross your fingers and baro might have it one day unless they're still offering more primed mutation mods and other junk.

good riddance

Really?

If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have 95% of the primed mods we currently have now. If it wasn't for him, players would've had to scrap all their "trash" prime parts instead of creating them into useful currency - either ducats or selling them to other players for plat so they could use them for ducats.

If it wasn't for him, the only warframe accessories and weapon skins available would be plat only.

Many of the people crying about him right now are the exact same people that currently have Primed Flow, or Primed Continuity, or Primed etc. Where did those come from? Baro that's who. Yeah, he sometimes doesn't have what you want. And yeah, his latest was lacking and the prices were pretty damn high. But instead of demanding him to resurface on an assassination node, we should be giving constructive criticism.

I swear if DE really did remove Baro (I really doubt they did forever. Remember that the Void is going to disappear in some way or fashion soon, and Baro's disappearance may be the harbinger to this. He could easily resurface somewhere else, or be part of a storyline quest), then it was your kneejerk reactions that did him in. Shame. Shame on all your houses.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Language

I for one looked forward to what he'd bring every weekend. 

I may not have bought it all, but quite often I looked back and kicked myself for not getting something (or multiples of something :)

Baro served as a good indicator to how many in the community looked purely at face value on things. ..

Thinking nothing of some primed mods, but then a couple weeks (or sometimes months) later they were suddenly highly sought after. 

To me, anyone who saw Baro as a provider of 'click to win' items seriously didn't get him. 

It was all about options to unique and power builds, or just stuff to have fun with. 

But because he didn't sell you something that would let you solo a T4S for 4.3 hours it was all trash. 

Happy reminder : how many people flamed the Soma when it came out because they didn't understand crit builds.

A week or two later when people finally worked it out, Soma was the weapon to have. 

Happy reminder : how many people flamed the Soma when it came out because they didn't understand crit builds.

A week or two later when people finally worked it out, Soma was the weapon to have. 

God, I remember that.

Edited by Cidolfus

Really?

If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have 95% of the primed mods we currently have now. If it wasn't for him, players would've had to scrap all their "trash" prime parts instead of creating them into useful currency - either ducats or selling them to other players for plat so they could use them for ducats.

If it wasn't for him, the only warframe accessories and weapon skins available would be plat only.

Many of the people crying about him right now are the exact same people that currently have Primed Flow, or Primed Continuity, or Primed etc. Where did those come from? Baro that's who. Yeah, he sometimes doesn't have what you want. And yeah, his latest was lacking and the prices were pretty damn high. But instead of demanding him to resurface on an assassination node, we should be giving constructive criticism.

I swear if DE really did remove Baro (I really doubt they did forever. Remember that the Void is going to disappear in some way or fashion soon, and Baro's disappearance may be the harbinger to this. He could easily resurface somewhere else, or be part of a storyline quest), then it was your kneejerk reactions that did him in. Shame. Shame on all your houses.

Or you know, we could have just made all the existing mods to be 10 pips, and had Barro bring prisma stuff and armor on a rotating basis, with perma boosters and occasional potato?

There is no good reason for primed mods to exist, especially to say its hard to come up with them.

All you need is an RNG and a list of all mods, and work your way through them applying the primed filter to them.

As for the salt, its rather because the mods shown had a distinct taste of why??? Particularly in regards to how the past mods were essentially limited lock but quickly fixing issues.

Like me, I have a primed flow and laugh at energy vortex sorties.

P continuity isn't much, just a 25% boost, but it makes more than few frames quite viable.

That's the issue here, band aids instead of cures. Should have tenned the mods, and left them that way.

Saying we're salty is once more missing the issue and hearing what you want, that DE is so grand, so infallible, it outright keeps a seperate table for plat buyers and dree player drops. You remeber that with Chesas? Anybody buying an egg could get a chesa, nobody with drops could.

Now tell me, where is the honesty there? Sure you can try and rationalize about paying for content, but then this isn't a f2p then is it?

Shame on all your houses.

Topic doesn't deserve Mercutio.  Just sayin.

Understand that we complain a great deal more because our updates come out broken 9/10 times.Appreciate the fixes

We do! But it balances out pretty well - we never get the easy exploits either (Jackal Vulpine Mask, for example).

If a better system comes into play I won't mind too much that his current iteration is gone.  A 2 week rotation is far too long considering all of the mods in this game steadily increasing in number.  Seeing as he's never repeated mods, newer players like me technically will never have a chance to obtain any of the useful primed mods that came out before.  Obtaining them for ridiculous platinum prices only isn't acceptable.  

I came in too late to see anything aside from the sets of bane mods, and I passed on those on the expectation that something more universally useful to dump my ducats on would come out in a later rotation.  I might never get to use those ducats now if they really scrap him hard, but their loss is a minor concern if a more accessible system is put into place.  I sincerely hope they don't just create more legacy items by doing this.  Here's to hoping something better is put into place so I actually have a chance to obtain some competitive mods to rank up without shelling out hundreds of platinum because I wasn't around when it was a basically free handout.

Edited by Avereth

After reading most of this thread I'm having a hard time, this community I swear, what a bunch of *censored stress relief*

No but seriously, the number of people calling what baro was bringing garbage, thrash, or whatever... It wasn't. It might be "worthless" to you, maybe not for someone else. I'm disappointed that I didn't have enough ducats to buy all the primed banes mods, their @(*()$ incredible. Yet people were "yelling" riot in chat when they first came around. People were mad for not getting prime continuity/flow/split chamber/etc all the time. People expecting something of P. Streamline level, of course you will be disappointed and after a couple of time mad... The fault for that doesn't rest at DE's feets, but at yours (the angry/disappointed/mad player).

Removing baro is probably not the solution, he certainly need an increase in stock, maybe a bit lower prices.

But I don't think he was removed because of whining. It probably has more to do with the incoming rework of the star map and the void destruction. It's more than likely temporary.

Also, that credit booster that was awesome. Most of his stuff isn't nearly as bad as people try to make it. But yeah the ripoff potato was kinda bad.

After reading most of this thread I'm having a hard time, this community I swear, what a bunch of *censored stress relief*

No but seriously, the number of people calling what baro was bringing garbage, thrash, or whatever... It wasn't. It might be "worthless" to you, maybe not for someone else. I'm disappointed that I didn't have enough ducats to buy all the primed banes mods, their @(*()$ incredible. Yet people were "yelling" riot in chat when they first came around. People were mad for not getting prime continuity/flow/split chamber/etc all the time. People expecting something of P. Streamline level, of course you will be disappointed and after a couple of time mad... The fault for that doesn't rest at DE's feets, but at yours (the angry/disappointed/mad player).

Removing baro is probably not the solution, he certainly need an increase in stock, maybe a bit lower prices.

But I don't think he was removed because of whining. It probably has more to do with the incoming rework of the star map and the void destruction. It's more than likely temporary.

Also, that credit booster that was awesome. Most of his stuff isn't nearly as bad as people try to make it. But yeah the ripoff potato was kinda bad.

The problem with the items he brought is that it's just not worth that price. If you were to sell your primed parts for plat, you would have saved much more "money" than buying it for ducats, so at that price his items don't even benefit new players. Had his prices been adjusted to match up with or be less than that of plat, I'd see no issue with it. After all, as DE has said, we can have Primed Flow every week. Am I upset with DE? Of course not. I am however disappointed in the attitude of a lot of players who don't seem to understand that there can't be a jackpot every week. I almost want to bet that the same people complaining are the people who spend all their time on Draco. On a random note, even if we did get a primed mod every week, it would just destroy the trade market. As new mods would come out, everything else would go down in prices, and things that are already rare or low in quantity would just spiral up in price even more. 

Since i was able to buy from him, i did buy what i was able to get...now i am disappointed because i will never get the things that were released before that time, also event mods. I only have Primed Flow, Fast Hands, Bane of Infested and Grineer. For Bane of Corpus i had no Ducats...

I really hope its just temporary

Edited by -Blaze-