The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaulting Primes When There Is Room In Other Missions

Liquidushime

So DE wants to make sure newer prime access brings in the bread, so they vault the current oldest access, which is Rhino, Boltor, Ankyros.

That's fine and dandy (but it sucks) 

Um...so derelict survival and defense. They uh, got a couple things in them...

Derelict Capture, Exterminate, and Mobile Defense are garbage derelict missions... 

Hmm...

They could put the really old stuff into these tables. Since they come in pieces, the RNG will still be intact and everything will be available in game. Why have keys that take resources to make give you absolute nothing? (I checked all of them btw the way, they don't have any rewards in them.) 

Why? T4 keys were made to be stuffed with orokin cells, rare 5 cores, and garbage old primes so the new stuff sells better.

Why not keep it that way, and take mag prime, frost prime, rhino prime and their weapons and slide them into these missions? Waiting until christmas or Unvaulting for a brief time is kinda ugly.

Why not keep it that way, and take mag prime, frost prime, rhino prime and their weapons and slide them into these missions? Waiting until christmas or Unvaulting for a brief time is kinda ugly.

Poor Ember nobody invited her to the party...

While this may work temporarily eventually we would just be back here again after maby a year or 2 the drop tables will get too crowded again and they'd have to end up resorting to vaults anyway there's still plenty of time to get them while they are around and it least it guarentees when they come back there's still a decent chance of getting them not to say there aren't better ways but for now I don't mind it too much

agreed...if they got rid of all the CRAP in rot a-c (and the other missions that reward single items for one run) and put in prime parts instead they wouldnt have had to vault anything....we should get void keys from normal missions...NOT from the void.

also sabotage....we have a chance at 2 priem parts if we find all 3 caches.....why not just make it a chance at 4 prime parts (one for each cache found + end of mission)

heck they could combine some parts (paris prime upper/lower into just one item) also....they "could" make treasure rooms have a chance at dropping prime parts as well......

there are so many ways that DE could fix the "need" to vault prime items (supposedly they are blowing up the void soon? i never know abut that because its been floating around for so long now) that they jsut take the easy way out and vault stuff.

Great idea, but the missions you mention do have drops, granted in a different way than what you are thinking. They drop Corrupted mods.

yes, but the corrupted mods are OPTIONAL, and cant really be run without a full squad.

Edited by xcynderx

I tried to think about it as well, and there is no other reason to put them into vault other than re-releasing them for the unvaulting thing that bundles some stuff for more $.

They could have added all these items into derelict missions but they don't want to. It is just another buisness tactic to make some money off of the bundles.

"Oh but we get a Misa Syandana" No thank you, a plat with a syandana for 50-60 euros with old gear bundled in will not help players who already got this gear. Prime Access I can sort of think that is alright, but un-vault or whatever it name is it's not really that good.

Even new players would get better value if they bought old prime stuff from market that is probably way cheaper than 30-60 of your currency.

Great idea, but the missions you mention do have drops, granted in a different way than what you are thinking. They drop Corrupted mods.

Eh. I have all the corrupted mods, I would have all the primed items, but I'm too lazy to hard that hard. It just pains me that I've never ran either of these missions, EVER. Derelict exterminate is for derelict vaults. The rest of them are useless.

Poor Ember nobody invited her to the party...

While this may work temporarily eventually we would just be back here again after maby a year or 2 the drop tables will get too crowded again and they'd have to end up resorting to vaults anyway there's still plenty of time to get them while they are around and it least it guarentees when they come back there's still a decent chance of getting them not to say there aren't better ways but for now I don't mind it too much

Did I forget ember prime? My bad

yes, but the corrupted mods are OPTIONAL, and cant really be run without a full squad.

Just because they are optional does not mean that they aren't there. The fact of the matter is that, if Prime parts were added to the normal Derelict missions, there'd be a "two birds, one stone" problem. Everyone would just bring a key and run the mission, getting both a corrupted mod and a prime part. With normal voids, there isn't that problem. You're in and out, one+ item in hand at the end of the mission, no during-mission-specific loot besides some mod drops from the enemies.

removing things from the game for time periods is to make more money, has little if anything to do with the game itself.

removing things from the Reward Pools is statistically moot. items are being removed entirely because it makes more money.

you could quadruple the items in each Pool and there still wouldn't be any problems with it. the Pools are Weighted, thus the number of items in the Pool is irrelevant.

With normal voids, there isn't that problem. You're in and out, one+ item in hand at the end of the mission, no during-mission-specific loot besides some mod drops from the enemies.

er

Void contains:

Fusion Cores

Forma

Prime things

Argon Crystals

large sums of Credits

all of which are very desirable for the Player.

Edited by taiiat

BLASPHEMY! YOU DARE SPEAK OF CONVENIENCE? RNGSUS WILL SMITE THEE DOWN IN GREAT VENGEANCE AND FURIOUS ANGER!

RNG is my *@##$ and it will give me what I want!

BLASPHEMY! YOU DARE SPEAK OF CONVENIENCE? RNGSUS WILL SMITE THEE DOWN IN GREAT VENGEANCE AND FURIOUS ANGER!

csevPFm.gif

I hate RNG, but I know it's a necessary evil. 

vaulting now is considered as an event :)

people wont be farming prime parts knowing they can get it anytime ... heck they even trade it for ducats knowing its abundant hehe

i mean i dont even bother farming rhino prime parts til i hear they vaulting him..

SkmpyKQ.jpg

Vaulting things isn't to clear up the drop tables. If it was, they'd move some items from T4 Int RotC or T4 Sab (seven items each), and move them to T3 Def RotA (one item) or T1 Surv RotB (zero items)

No, vaulting primes is to keep the old primes from feeling stale. It's to help you appreciate something special you earned, that isn't available anymore

Put newest few Primes in the T4 area.

Next oldest in T3.

Next in T2.

Next in T1 (these keys have almost no reason to be used).

Next oldest ones in the Derelict, spread them out among all the Derelict missions.

Newest things should be the most difficult to get. I'll never understand why one part is in T4, one part is in T2, and one part is randomly in the Derelict. I'll also never understand why it's necessary to vault things and I don't want to hear another, "it's to get people to buy plat for the trade chat," since that is literally gambling your cash away and DE can't knowingly encourage that. Not wouldn't. they can't.