Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is Exalted Blade Different From A Gun?

Cyandana

Excalibur is the "melee" frame.

His ultimate has the range, damage, and AoE potential of a top tier gun. It has a melee hitbox of course, but the way people play him he is seldom doing ANY melee combat.

The only non-gun function that his sword seems to have is the auto block.

I've always been very bothered that a frame named after what is probably the most legendary sword of all time has such a dry and unexciting ranged playstyle. Playing him without EB is WAY more fun, though is far far far from optimal.

Alternatively, slap on body count + blood rush on your melee weapon and voila!

Exalted blade without waves.

You even get to choose which type of weapon; hammers, polearms, dual axes, etc.

Just don't blame anyone when you reach the point where damage falls off and you are left with a squishy 100base hp frame 150base armor 100base shield frame trying to slap the enemies with your melee weapon without invulnerability or range.

Well, at least your melee weapon will stay with you when you engage the nullifiers and disruptors in melee range.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Exalted Blade's waves need to be removed except for selected combos since the waves make Excalibur function less as a melee/swordsman frame and more of a gun-frame. Not to mention Exalted Blade gets all the melee perks without all the downsides.

Same as Valkyr's invulnerability.

Exalted Blade and Hysteria are for people who want to melee but don't know how to.

I fail to see your point. You want it changed to be without waves?

I think it'd be cool if charge attack combos were added to EB, and waves were restricted to those and the hold combos (not the whole combo) and slash dash, maybe also add a radial wave to Javelin while EB is active.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I think it'd be cool if charge attack combos were added to EB, and waves were restricted to those and the hold combos (not the whole combo) and slash dash, maybe also add a radial wave to Javelin while EB is active.

I like this idea. Also exalted waves could no longer go through walls. That's just ridiculous.

The difference with a gun ?

You see, a gun can't shot through all walls & enemies on a 40m range.

More seriously, remove waves to exca's ult, and put them on EB's charge attack and last combo's hit.

Or on channeling of the EB.

This is good. Charge attacks, or channeled attacks, it sounds good. And for the OP, there is no difference with a gun, as there is no difference between the first powers of some frame's 1st (ember, oberon, frost, nekros) to a gun, they are just projectiles.

Exalted Blade's waves need to be removed except for selected combos since the waves make Excalibur function less as a melee/swordsman frame and more of a gun-frame. Not to mention Exalted Blade gets all the melee perks without all the downsides.

Same as Valkyr's invulnerability.

Exalted Blade and Hysteria are for people who want to melee but don't know how to.

>valkyrs invulnerability

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

at least you actually have to be in the face of the enemy with valkyr, and invuln can be destroyed in higher levels by nullis

that cheeky lil jab at hysteria was a cheeky lil move friendo

also lets not try and derail the thread with valkyr arguments lel 

>irony

>valkyrs invulnerability

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

at least you actually have to be in the face of the enemy with valkyr, and invuln can be destroyed in higher levels by nullis

that cheeky lil jab at hysteria was a cheeky lil move friendo

also lets not try and derail the thread with valkyr arguments lel 

>irony

Primed Reach. Problem solved.

Off topic though. In any case, Excalibur's current state as Fluctus frame needs a change badly. I'd gladly take higher damage on melee hit in exchange for waves with bonuses like guaranteed procs/effects only on charge attacks/combos.

Primed Reach. Problem solved.

Off topic though. In any case, Excalibur's current state as Fluctus frame needs a change badly. I'd gladly take higher damage on melee hit in exchange for waves with bonuses like guaranteed procs/effects only on charge attacks/combos.

Nah, the Waves stay!

Shorter Range on Waves ok. 20ms at most. Channeled Waves can be Long range and drain higher energy for all You Fluctus wannabee claimers.

I guess most of You dont like Anime, I seen similar Anime characters use these similar Slash Waves before. 

I love EB it deserves to stay

Nah, the Waves stay!

Shorter Range on Waves ok. 20ms at most. Channeled Waves can be Long range and drain higher energy for all You Fluctus wannabee claimers.

I guess most of You dont like Anime, I seen similar Anime characters use these similar Slash Waves before.

I love EB it deserves to stay

One problem. Warframe is NOT an anime. And Exalted Blade is literally the worst thing they could come with, specially with the "swordsman" frame.

What we have now is an infinite Punch through E spam frame that has more of a Fluctus than of a @(*()$ damn sword.

And speaking of high level viability

...Excalibur has Radial Blind as well, so you can keep up the E wave span even against level 100 enemies.

One problem. Warframe is NOT an anime. And Exalted Blade is literally the worst thing they could come with, specially with the "swordsman" frame.

What we have now is an infinite Punch through E spam frame that has more of a Fluctus than of a @(*()$ damn sword.

...Excalibur has Radial Blind as well, so you can keep up the E wave span even against level 100 enemies.

DE just released Staticor which they admitted as inspiration from DBZ. Warframe has other nonsensical stuff as well. Air slashes are not just an anime thing, but a lot of other game's weaponry attack for melee protagonists as well.

Honestly, I think giving air projectile slashes is a staple for melee protagonists in action games. It's the best thing they added for a melee frame. Now is it overused, probably, and could be fixed by making it a charged attack that unleashes a large horizontal slash that does a huge amount of damage instead. Though Excalibur does not need a nerf and should remained untouched until other mechanically weak frames are brought up to a usable fun or strong level.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

I just want a better and cooler stance D:

I want a great spin attack link-style

I want heavy charge attack

I want some fancy move like that jump slash in decisive judgement

Waves can go to hell if I can get this.

Or alternatively, waves only at max health- Just kidding, that would be horrible.

Yeah... mostly as a special attack, not their most basic hit everything and everyone attack.

Imagine Ichigo from Bleach (easiest analogy) going GETSUGA TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO in every fight instead of using it more like a "finisher" or "special move"

Yeah... mostly as a special attack, not their most basic hit everything and everyone attack.

Imagine Ichigo from Bleach (easiest analogy) going GETSUGA TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO TENSHO in every fight instead of using it more like a "finisher" or "special move"

Its called Excaliburs ULTIMATE now You finding a means to justify Your cause is something different, but its your opinion.

IMO Exalted Blade as the mods discription states, SUMMON A SWORD OF PURE LIGHT AND IMMENSE POWER soo its intended to send out waves as DE created it. Its DEs game after all tho some ideas are still not where they should be but I think Excalibur made it where all Frames need to be in the Future and Excalibur holds the Torch for all Frames to follow as an example.

Id agree at most with shortening the waves range, Channeled waves should be massive in size and range as well as damage and energy Drain.

Considering most people loved exalted blade... No its not the worst they could come up with.

The only way i would accept getting rid of exalted blade's waves is if excalibur became faster and lunged forward whenever he meleed with a decent amount of range. Otherwise excalibur is just going to get gunned down before he gets close.