Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Margulis + Ballas = Saryn Prime

Sir.X

This gives off and eerie and creepy vibe on how Saryn prime was made, but here are my theories on it:

Margulis and Ballas were in a relationship

Margulis was executed by fire, and her ashes were taken by Ballas and grown into a garden of Orchids(possibly her favorite flower)

Ballas used the technocyte, orokin technology, and deadly poisons to create a warframe(obviously secret to everyone else)

This became Saryn prime, and as well Saryn, along with the Orphid Skin.

Ballas wants to use Saryn prime(a poison), to get rid of the plauge on Earth(the plauge being Grineer, and also depicted as a poison).

To fight poison with poison...

I find it odd you would even suggest orchids were Margulis' favourite flower, considering they've already said her favourite was the lotus.

I don't really see much support for her being in a relationship with Ballas, but hey - it's your headcanon. It's worth noting that from the Simaris Synthesis entry, it doesn't seem as though Orokin procreated through the old mommy and daddy method.

I don't really see much support for her being in a relationship with Ballas, but hey - it's your headcanon.

It's pretty much spelled out in some of the Second Dream dialogue that Margulis and Ballas were in some kind of relationship.

Also, I'm guessing he's using "ashes" metaphorically, since Margulis's work continued (and eventually yielded results) despite her execution.

1. Plague refers to the Infested. The Grineer weren't really an issue till after the fall.

2. Why would Ballas keep it a secret. DE said that they wanted to tie him in as the creator of the primes and Margulis was already executed for not wanting to turn the Tenno into Soldiers. Pretty sure he would have made the frame with the Orokin's blessing.

Pretty (130%) sure the "Plague" is the Infestation, because:

1)The Infested are the only ones with poison attacks

2)The Grineer were not a problem until after the Orokin Empire fell.

Also....

Margulis was executed by fire, and her ashes were taken by Ballas and grown into a garden of Orchids(possibly her favorite flower)

Thats some morbid sh*t right here....

I think it's more something like this:

It's true Margulis and Ballas liked each other (relationship remains to be seen)

Margulis created the Warframes and the concept of Transference

Margulis was killed for refusing the creation of weaponized Tenno/Warframes

Ballas continued on her work, and created the Primes

I find it odd you would even suggest orchids were Margulis' favourite flower, considering they've already said her favourite was the lotus.

I don't really see much support for her being in a relationship with Ballas, but hey - it's your headcanon. It's worth noting that from the Simaris Synthesis entry, it doesn't seem as though Orokin procreated through the old mommy and daddy method.

But! being born in a lab and being born on a belly, doesn't mean they did not parent the children. I mean by this that,ok we know that the grineer were made and are made in labs, but the Orokin Queens were birthed. If they were made on a test tube they would immediately destroy them. But does it happen after the orokin massacre or just right before? 

"Hush, my wilted love."

"Hush, my wilted love."

Yeah, I went back and looked. Forgot about that one word. Hard to say exactly what it means though. Is 'wilted' referring to her burns? If so, that's a pretty mean thing to accentuate when you're trying to be affectionate.

Or is it referring to the fact that their love is now dead and drained - as in they once had a relationship, but no longer do? Obviously he must not be too obsessed with her as he voted for her execution.

Eh, but yeah, I'll concede that at some point he had some sort of feelings for her.

maybe ballas creates the Umbra frames. and not the primes. from what I understand the umbras are supposed to be darker versions of frames which would fit with them being made as weapons.

Uh........your hypothesis that Umbra Warframes are darker because they are made as weapons runs into sort of a stumbling block.

I am genuinely trying so damned hard not be sarcastic. I can't. Please. I don't want to get yelled at by mods but I just.....I can't.

Dammit.

Ballas is talking in metaphor

its more like Ballas took the research of margoulis after she was executed which i suppose was technocyte (ashes) to make the infested (the flowers made with deadly intent), later, he made saryn (who makes toxic and viral damage), to fight the infested (fight poison with poison)

there

But! being born in a lab and being born on a belly, doesn't mean they did not parent the children. I mean by this that,ok we know that the grineer were made and are made in labs, but the Orokin Queens were birthed. If they were made on a test tube they would immediately destroy them. But does it happen after the orokin massacre or just right before?

The Crewmen and AntiMoa synthesis entries both reference the Orokin corpus. A corpus was the Orokin equivalent of a family and was later co-opted as the name for the Corpus. Also, in the AntiMoa entry the 'father' clearly says "Orokin didn't have parents like you do, it was done different then". Edited by (XB1)Mantuta

Ballas made all the Warframes. But Saryn was obviously made with the specific purpose of fighting the Infested with the Infestation, hence why Saryn is the Infested frame. Also, Saryn during the Orokin era = Saryn Prime. Ballas isn't talking about the non-Prime. Remember, the Primes were the originals. They aren't called Primes until after the Orokin era and after the non-Primes are made.

Ballas made all the Warframes. But Saryn was obviously made with the specific purpose of fighting the Infested with the Infestation, hence why Saryn is the Infested frame. Also, Saryn during the Orokin era = Saryn Prime. Ballas isn't talking about the non-Prime. Remember, the Primes were the originals. They aren't called Primes until after the Orokin era and after the non-Primes are made.

Agree 110%

I'm convinced though that ballas didn't really care that much about the tenno. It seems clear that he was very deeply rooted in orokin tradition. The tenno are a tool to be used, not unlike the grineer. The voice chosen seems to imply a cold, calculating type, very different from marghulis.

My headcanon is telling me that the warframes are biomechanical humanoid "organisms?" Maybe heavily genetically engineered dax units? I still want to believe though that initially the tenno to warframe relationship was 1:1, not switching as happens now. By extn of this the frames final characteistics though were basically influenced by the operator dreaming of what they "want to be"

Apologies for poor sentence construction+spelling... It's 3am...

Agree 110%

I'm convinced though that ballas didn't really care that much about the tenno. It seems clear that he was very deeply rooted in orokin tradition. The tenno are a tool to be used, not unlike the grineer. The voice chosen seems to imply a cold, calculating type, very different from marghulis.

My headcanon is telling me that the warframes are biomechanical humanoid "organisms?" Maybe heavily genetically engineered dax units? I still want to believe though that initially the tenno to warframe relationship was 1:1, not switching as happens now. By extn of this the frames final characteistics though were basically influenced by the operator dreaming of what they "want to be"

Apologies for poor sentence construction+spelling... It's 3am...

the voice chosen is a british one, which is often associated with coldness.

There is a post on the official Saryn Prime release video that makes more sense. The posts goes on to say that the Tenno are Margulis flowers that rose up from her ashes, and from that garden Ballas created Saryn to destroy the Infested.

that is a perfect explanation