The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Migration Feedback & Bugs

[DE]Drew

21 hours ago, -10no-RedL1ne said:

4. Oh, btw is it necessary to stream there international posts? Or let us change own settings of this stream.

Click on "Edit this stream", remove the [DE] you don't want, save as new stream. ;)

7 hours ago, TheBlackPhoenix24 said:

I may be blind, but is there no way to delete your topics at this time?

That option has been removed a long time ago.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Well after eons I'm finally able to log in.

Why is it such a hassle to log in to the forums?
Why can I not preview posts?
Why does hitting enter double-space my lines?
Why are people's icons still missing?
Why is Design Council access missing?
Why are founder badges missing?
Why does the blue theme apparently not work?
Why does the white theme glow like the sun?
Why are there circular borders around what are supposed to be square avatars?
Why can I no longer view posts by reputation on a person's profile?
Why does editing my profile cause the site to have a conniption?
Why is there a giant BUY PLATINUM button taking up half of the page's width on the homepage?
Why is the favicon for the forums some blue smiley face and not something Warframe related?
Why are we expected to just put up with a shoddy half-finished version of the forums that is functionally and aesthetically inferior to the version we had before, instead of waiting for them to be fully finished before you guys re-open them?

Were these changes even tested before being implemented?

Edited by Diarist

Login broken, can't log in like normal.

If I click [log in] here, on forum, it just refreshes the page, and nothing else. I have to go to main page https://warframe.com/  log out, log in again, and then it finally acknowledges that I'm here.

And I still get no notifications about new replies in posts I track.

Edited by VectorWolf

3 hours ago, Diarist said:

Why can I not preview posts?

I'd assume, that with the new editor, this isn't found to be a necessary feature with IPS.

Why does hitting enter double-space my lines?

This is simple formatting. Use Shift+Enter to make single-space line breaks.

Why are people's icons still missing?
Why is Design Council access missing?
Why are founder badges missing?

A lot of the previous code was sort of jury-rigged into the old architecture and is incompatible with the new. A lot of these issues are being worked on to be rectified as I type.

Why does the blue theme apparently not work?

In what way? I am using it now, and have been since the new forums released.

Why does the white theme glow like the sun?
Why are there circular borders around what are supposed to be square avatars?
Why is there a giant BUY PLATINUM button taking up half of the page's width on the homepage?

Aesthetic changes by IPS, for the most part. These can be changed down the line, as needed, once functionality is restored.

Why can I no longer view posts by reputation on a person's profile?

Added to personal wishlist. Doesn't seem you can do this yourself using Search.

Why does editing my profile cause the site to have a conniption?

Being worked on.

Why is the favicon for the forums some blue smiley face and not something Warframe related?

This is the default favicon for IPS. Aesthetic changes after functionality, again.

I've updated the PS4 DC invitees. There might be some stragglers, so if you've been invited but don't have access, try logging back into the forums. If that doesn't work, let me know. 

PC invitees are next on the list, but they will take a while. 

I see you guys have gotten a "recent topics" board back up on the main forum page. Awesome! Thanks for that. But I personally think 5 topics is too few. As quickly as threads are started here on these forums, only 5 topics being show on the 'recent' board could lead to a topic getting buried and forgotten quickly. I do personally like the old 10 topic limit, it left the recent topics up long enough to get a thorough amount of views by community members but not too long that the topic doesn't really need to be there anymore(unless it was during odd hours or a slow day).

2 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

I've updated the PS4 DC invitees. There might be some stragglers, so if you've been invited but don't have access, try logging back into the forums. If that doesn't work, let me know. 

PC invitees are next on the list, but they will take a while. 

Drew I'm a founder, do I count as a invitee? because I still don't have access to the design council.

Some feedback to the new Players helping Players section:

• I think the new addition of up-/downvoting questions and answers is neat.
    Right now not a lot of people make use of it yet, and I just hope it won't get abused later (as systems like this often are). But if people are going to use it mindfully, it'll certainly be a real help.

• I just noticed there's another tab "Questions with no best answer" in the "Explore Questions" section.
    • It might be too soon to adjust it, but maybe it's a better idea to show questions that have no replies at all, instead of just a bunch with no "Best answers". Threads that have answers are rarely marked as such.
    • Also, maybe that tab should have a style with better visibility, it's easy to miss.

• Similarly, there's no way to find questions without any replies using the "Filter by" and "Sort by" dropdowns. Adding a "Least Replies" to "Sort by" and a "Past Week" to "Filter by" would probably go a long way.

Overall, I like it.

Edited by Kontrollo

I cant erase/undo the quote on my post, even if i leave & return, or sign out then sign in again...really frustrating, it would be better if i can switch between this current post viewer to code viewer (with the classic 

(Quote) (/quote)

function) for more control.

Oh, and this is from mobile browser.

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

4 hours ago, Noamuth said:

I'm getting used to the new layout and the more I use it, the easier it gets and I am starting to like it.  BUT, not on the mobile version.  That version is terrible.

indeed. Everytime i quote someone i have to paste some arbitrary text just so i can type outside the quote box. Not to mention paragraphing doesnt work.

Also...on mobile browser i CANT LOG OUT. I can log out on warframe.com, but not the forums, which is weird,

also it takes longer to navigate between subforums bcos on mobile you cant jump to home directly. In the prev forums you can do it.

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz
nvm in the spoiler, i found out how navigate faster

2 hours ago, evil_m3nace said:

Drew I'm a founder, do I count as a invitee? because I still don't have access to the design council.

Hmm, you're definitely not in the right group if you're a founder. You should have access automatically if you're a Master or Grand Master. I'll look into it. 

58 minutes ago, (PS4)deathfrombelow5 said:

PS4 Dc member here, still can't view the DC.

I'll check your account ASAP. 

34 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

PC founder here, I neither have access to DC, nor do I see my badge.

See above. Might be a larger issue.