Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.5: Download size heads up + graphical improvements explained!

[DE]Steve

Hello Steve

This sounds really nice and im excited to see it soon.I love graphical improvements. :)

And when you're at it could you look again at the AA in Warframe?Especially on the Liset i see alot of Aliasing on further objects.

Thanks

I wonder if I'll still able to run the game properly after this update, because I'm one of the few players who has a laptop below the minimum spec... (just a little bit, so doesn't matter really). I won't have money for a new one until the end of the summer unfortunately....

With the current game version I usually have 12-27fps, which is very bad I know, but I hardly lag inside the mission.

Edited by Dobermann92

13 minutes ago, -cS-igo95862-ICE- said:

The game takes considerably longer to respond to your actions. The higher the frame rate the more frames game renders per second. Each frame the game reads your keyboard and mouse inputs.

Isn't ping the factor in response timing?

2 minutes ago, RAFTOX said:

Framerate Lag & Connection Lag are different

Doesn't connection lag make more of a difference? If you're getting framerate lag, if you shoot, you might not see it but the input was still there and you still shoot. If it's connection lag, if you shoot, you or the other guy won't see or feel it until it's too late.

2 hours ago, AliceSeptima said:

I'm not sure about other folk, but depending on the area one lives in, they might only have limited options in internet choices. Take me for example. I have the option of a 'decent' 5mb mobile connection with a 100 gb cap—something that my family can reach quite easily by the end of the billing period—or a completely insane slow connection with a 15 gb [not a typo] data cap with absurd overage fee. It happens 'cause our government allows it to.

That's why I'm hoping it'll not be until the 8th or 9th until the update, or else I'm going to have to stop playing until our next billing period, which sucks, because then I lose progress on the daily sign-in bonuses.

just a samll note, daily logins doesnt reset anymore, lets say you are at login 50 and skip a week, next time you log, you are going to be at login 51

1 minute ago, salubri said:

just a samll note, daily logins doesnt reset anymore, lets say you are at login 50 and skip a week, next time you log, you are going to be at login 51

She may just have meant losing progress toward the milestones, days that she could be logging in she wouldn't be able to because of the data caps.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Doesn't connection lag make more of a difference? If you're getting framerate lag, if you shoot, you might not see it but the input was still there and you still shoot. If it's connection lag, if you shoot, you or the other guy won't see or feel it until it's too late.

Frame rate =/= ping

Frame rate =  amount of images your computer generates per second.

Ping = time it takes for singnal to reach server.

With warframe network code ping does not actually matter if you can hit enemies or not. If you hit them on your client you will deal damage no matter what happened on server.

You need higher frame rate the more corrections to your aim you can make. Given the high speed in conclave its is extremely important to be able to hit fast moving targets.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

The things that those two improve aren't bottlenecking Warframe in the first place, and current bottlenecks would still be, therefore pretty low priority to support.

Performance comes to mind when low-overhead APIs that also sport better multi-threading come into play. And in Vulkan's case, portability to platforms beyond Windows, PS4 and XB1. Sticking to DirectX is fine, but severely limiting if they ever decide to move on to DX12 as that's Windows 10 and XB1-only.

Edited by Incursum

Wicked awesome! I can't wait to see it, as I'm already constantly blown away by Warframe's graphics. Here's hoping it's not too much trouble and your servers can handle the crush of millions of Tenno rushing to download it. XD

And don't forget to get some rest! You guys definitely deserve it!