Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #71!

[DE]Rebecca

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Any change to Forma and polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters recently seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Now another thread here as well.

Ammo

Q: Is there a possibility of an ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also see such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue.
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation obsolete either).

Weapon Balance

Q: What changes might we see in the not too distant future to bring down outliers / bring up underperformers?

A lot of guns are completely outclassed in their field such as the whole Gorgon family versus Soma. Since Mastery Rank Restriction appears to be tied less and less to the power grade of a weapon, is there any hope for more tightening of the 'tiers' of weapon power, as happened with such as the Supra among LMGs?

Players feel like weapons are often "missed" in a wave of buffs (secondary-shotguns as a whole during shotgun buff wave), or have suffered nerfs as outliers in the past (such as the Brakk) which are outdated in today's Warframe. Are any of these on the radar for getting their fair share of buffs, or reversions of outdated nerfs?

Tonkor and Launchers

Q: Can the Tonkor get fair risk/reward rebalancing, and a tweak to r/r balance of other launcher weaponry, to bring back legitimacy of using other launchers?

More damage, more blast radius, less risk. The Tonkor an obvious outlier, and not even locked behind MR.

Personally, I would prefer not removing self-damage from other launchers almost-entirely to bring them to the Tonkor's level. Part of the fantasy of using explosive ordnance is Danger Close - don't be reckless and hit yourself.

However, the self-damaging paradigm at the moment appears to be lower base damage, but full mod scaling. This brings untriggered ordnance launchers such as the Ogris into a position where they pose a greater risk to the user than to enemies, and because of a lack of optional detonation, mistakes are guaranteed to be deadly to the player.

I'd suggest the following to start with:

- As per the Elytron Archwing, grant a UI element projectile beacon for launcher weapons to help guard against mistakes (and helps triggered explosives be used more effectively).

- Alter the paradigm of self-damage so that players are protected from instant suicide until much closer to an upper limit on modding for power than current functionality.

- Give the Tonkor this tamer, more balanced self-damage.

Edited by EDYinnit

A couple of question about companions...

Why can’t Life Strike heal your sentinels as well – I can’t find anything to heal a sentinel?

Also when is Archwing going to get a companion – i’m fed up of scanning stuff!

Thanks

Hello everyone. My questions are:

- What are your plans for Simaris and the Sanctuary ? When will we get new targets and lore entries. It really helps fleshing out the Warframe universe.

- What will happen with the future of Syndicates ? We already know you will implement Syndicate melee weapons, but is there something else planned, like Syndicate skins for warframes, weapons and landing crafts, or maybe quests, in order to add more meat on these factions' backgrounds ?

- Could you tell us what we can expect for the "housing", maybe like an external view of the Carrier or the ability to open more rooms in the orbiter module or a set of customizations for its interior (changing the walls aesthetics, removing the hanging cables to make it look less dilapidated, adding some "futuristic furniture") ? Or if the current "strain" carries on, can we expect housing in the relays ?

- Do you intend to add more "aesthetic options" for the operator, like new suits (maybe focus themed) ?

- Can we expect at one point archwing missions which will take place around Corpus cloud cities ? Or "land missions" with some parts involving the use of archwings to go through an area ?

- Was Anakaris (the mummy from the game serie Dark Stalkers) one of the inspirations for the Inaros warframe ?

Thank you all for making Warframe a great game

I have a few questions, again:

1) There are many corpus and grineer weapons in the game, but enemies are using lesser than half of them. Do you have any plans on this?

2) Any plans on adding more tiles in existing tilesets?

3) Progress on replaying quests and replaying old events as quests?

4) Should we hope for crossplatform multiplayer? Something like two versions of the game: one is similar to console's, second is latest PC's.

5) Any plans on reworking kubrow and specter AI? They are stupid, and it is a very gentle word.

6) PBR update for Rhino?

Edited by Mixail357

Any word on changes to the Operators' dialogue options? People have been saying since day one that they do need to sound a bit more ninja/warrior and less, uh, excitable adolescent. 

Also, the infestation on our Orbiter is obviously hinting at something, and I'm super hoping that it has to do with expanding our access into the rest of the ship. Our Orbiter is huge, and I'd absolutely love to be able to bimble about on the lower decks.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

When will the focus system get an 2.0 version?

When will damage 3.0 be implemented and which way?

Will Nezha get a rework/Augments the next weeks or how long will it take? (rework should at least be faster casting animations)

Will there every be minigames or something like that in the WF Nexus App to farm/whatever even on the smartphone?

Are there any plans to improve stances? So to make combos easier or something like that?

As I usually ask when I ask things: are there any plans to implement individual colour labels for the colour palettes, like has been done in the dojo? Both serving as a colour blind accessibility aide, and general easing of colour scheme discussion.

On to current things:

1. What is the overall aim of the Mag touch ups, beyond hopefully bringing her to have more function than obliterating Corpus by the score?
  2. Are there any plans to improve the Dojo's decor? As a related note, will the Barracks be updated or a new room added, since the Second Dream stuff?
  3. Are there any thoughts on what Status can gain from exceeding 100%? As it stands, Weeping wounds has significantly less viability due to the cap, compared to Blood Rush.
  4. Are there any thoughts on expanding Affinity earnings beyond raw kill counts? Objectives, effective/timely use of control skills, effective healing/mitigation etc
  5. Will there be any accoutrements based off of the Focus Ways? Anything from sugatras, syandanas or thematically appropriate Liset/Orbiter decor?

Any rate, apologies for going on, as ever.

Now i must say i don't play arch wing or PVP that much because of the lack of care i have for them, but i must ask are you guys ever going to create a PVP archwing mode?

Another Question, are there any plans in the future to make warframe more open world in which you can wonder about rather than straight paths that we are forced to take?

Will channeling ever be looked at again? Every single melee in the game has the exact same channeling multiplier and base cost. With so many melee weapons in the game, and so many going unused, why are there not more fine tuned channel based weapons? The twin baslok are a good example of this. They came out after the primed dual kama, arguably the best dual sword in the game came out and didn't bring much to the table. It would see more use if it had more channeling damage or a lower base channel cost.

I'm not asking for a channeling 2.0, it's a perfectly fine feature that's just severely underutilized. This is the third time I've asked this.

Hi to the usual suspects,

a few questions here:

Q1: We all know that clipping issues are getting out of hand, theres no denying it! Is there a plan to fix it!?

Q2: If u guys are indeed working on a Damage 3.0, will this be the rework that is going to solve damage falloff in endless runs where enemy scalling makes all weapons useless, after the +100 enemy level?!

Q3: Replayable quests!? When? Need to replay the Second Dream soon!

Q4: Are u guys aware that HDR and Adaptive exposure aren't separate graphics features anymore!? Do we really need to have both active!?

Q5: Can Steve talk a bit about the Starmap rework and tease a few features?

Congrats on U18.5.