Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Feedback to Devstream #71

BBYipho

Feedback on visuals and explanations of Mag's Rework on Devstream #71.  Mainly thoughts and questions to the changes.

Spoiler

40m45s for the start of the Mag demonstration.

Pull
•Mainly the same? It's good to know if there's synergy with other powers but not much else was discussed other then bonus damage and chance for energy against a Magnetize'd foe?
Feedback - The major problem with the ability originally was yanking the enemies away while other players are attacking them. A hold button function to draw enemies at a pointed location would heavily help for team friendliness.

Magnetize/Bullet Attractor 2.0
•So... DoT based off damage %, "attracts"/aggro enemies to it(?) doesn't end when enemies die, can place 3-4 of them(?), and can deal a radial damage at the end dealing a % of damage fed to it.
Feedback - Loving what was shown just some minor questions. Does this still redirect the entire beam/laser from weapons like the Quanta, Flux, Phage?  I found it annoying that I could be shooting at a target infront of me and suddenly the beam/laser is coming off a 90° angle to the right/left.  Will the Glaive combo work in this ability?  Will this ability synergize with other frames abilities such as Saryn's Spores?

Shield Polarize
•Works like Molecular Prime? Expands like a wave, removes some(?) armor, armor removed becomes shrapnel(?)
Feedback - The basics.  The default Shield restore was low can we get that raised?  If this ability expands like that wouldn't the damage be reduced? I noticed that the idea was to keep the damage the same but if it expands in a wave like this, then the enemy's shields exploding will damage the shields of enemies outside the wave. Wouldn't this cause the next enemy with shields to either give reduced damage or none if their shields was destroyed this way?

Crush (excluded since nothing was changed in demonstration). I look forward to seeing it tweaked or changed.

New Passive!
•Vacuum effect while bullet jumping.
Feedback - I'm personally against it, but I know some people like the idea.

Other Feedback - I hope we can use Pull and Magnetize while shooting, reloading, or moving.

Edited by BBYipho

20 minutes ago, BBYipho said:

The major problem with the ability originally was yanking the enemies away while other players are attacking them. A hold button function to draw enemies at a pointed location would heavily help for team friendliness.

From what i have seen it looked like it didnt throw them halfway across the map anymore. When Reb used Pull enemies seemed to land more towards her feet now.

21 minutes ago, BBYipho said:

•So... DoT based off damage %, "attracts"/aggro enemies to it(?)

Actually seems to literally pull them towards it, not just aggro i believe

22 minutes ago, BBYipho said:

Shield Polarize

Might be the intention, since Shield Polarize certainly deserved some nerfs. This change however would mostly affect enemies the farther away they are, so close enemies would still get blown to pieces, while leaving those far away without shields at least.

I'd say this doesnt sound tooo bad and we got armor shred to compensate for it. 

24 minutes ago, BBYipho said:

New Passive!
•Vacuum effect while bullet jumping.

I hope this could affect enemies lol
pulling a enemies in a medium AoE towards the point you bulletjumped, so you can kill them while aimgliding away - would be pretty badass xD

25 minutes ago, BBYipho said:

Other Feedback - I hope we can use Pull and Magnetize while shooting, reloading, or moving.

Making pull a onehanded action would certainly be appreciated, not so sure about SP though.

I'm mostly content with how this looks right now.

Maybe decrease the fling velocity of enemies being pulled still alittle more - maybe pull them all into one big pile, so they all end up roughly in the same place, after which you could perfectly combo in SP

Magnetize looks great the way it is

Crush we'll have to wait for what the devs will experiment with

But for now - Good Job Scott and everyone involved :D

2 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

From what i have seen it looked like it didnt throw them halfway across the map anymore. When Reb used Pull enemies seemed to land more towards her feet now.

She did use Pull in a doorway with barely enemies in other directions.  Other parts of the video I haven't noticed any enemies really being Pull'ed to your feet as much.

And ya I'm loving the changes so far.  I can easily see that "Excalibur" treatment he use to joke around with.

32 minutes ago, BBYipho said:

Feedback on visuals and explanations of Mag's Rework on Devstream #71.  Mainly thoughts and questions to the changes.

Reveal hidden contents

40m45s for the start of the Mag demonstration.

Pull
•Mainly the same? It's good to know if there's synergy with other powers but not much else was discussed other then bonus damage and chance for energy against a Magnetize'd foe?
Feedback - The major problem with the ability originally was yanking the enemies away while other players are attacking them. A hold button function to draw enemies at a pointed location would heavily help for team friendliness.

Magnetize/Bullet Attractor 2.0
•So... DoT based off damage %, "attracts"/aggro enemies to it(?) doesn't end when enemies die, can place 3-4 of them(?), and can deal a radial damage at the end dealing a % of damage fed to it.
Feedback - Loving what was shown just some minor questions. Does this still redirect the entire beam/laser from weapons like the Quanta, Flux, Phage?  I found it annoying that I could be shooting at a target infront of me and suddenly the beam/laser is coming off a 90° angle to the right/left.  Will the Glaive combo work in this ability?  Will this ability synergize with other frames abilities such as Saryn's Spores?

Soo I have one idea for Mags Pull, may not be the greatest but it was something i thought kinda cool.

*Pull has a % to restore Mags Shields

As for the Magnetism I agree I hope My Glaive Bullet Attractor combo isnt destroyed because I have a sick build I use to Kill Bosses like T4 Vor really Fast with this.

I hope they take that into consideration.

As for Crush I think that last thread about Crush dealing a percent of Finisher would be nice to add to her Ult.

Just now, AKKILLA said:

Soo I have one idea for Mags Pull, may not be the greatest but it was something i thought kinda cool.

*Pull has a % to restore Mags Shields

As for the Magnetism I agree I hope My Glaive Bullet Attractor combo isnt destroyed because I have a sick build I use to Kill Bosses like T4 Vor really Fast with this.

I hope they take that into consideration.

As for Crush I think that last thread about Crush dealing a percent of Finisher would be nice to add to her Ult.

Well considering pulling will now have a good chance of returning energy orbs, i think you can just use that to refill your shields using SP

Finisher Damage on Crush would be okay, considering the enemies are literally being compressed into themselves and having every bone of theirs crushed lol

The problem with crush is just that the amount of damage it does, as well as the measly cc of knocking them on their butts is just not enough considering the lengthy cast time and vulnerable postion you put yourself in.
I think crush should have a good debuff for enemies that were hit.

Cinsidering their CRUSHED bones, maybe a decrease in accuracy or movement/attack speed?

We will probably have to forget the description with the original Crush.  With the Shrapnel we get from Shield Polarizing, can we just call it Polarize, enemies we could probably increase the Crush damage effectively.

AKKILLA is mentioning the other thread I posted in mentioning if the ability does get Finisher Damage it should be at the end of the animation.  Though that Finisher damage shouldn't be modable and just be a solid 10-20% of enemy's maximum health. (Based on Frost's Snowglobe finisher damage which does 50% maximum health damage to enemies that collide with walls.)

I haven't had a chance to go through every post and bone up on the finer points of the changes but...this is amazing.  I almost started crying because of how good these changes are for Mag. 

My opinion may change later, once I get more information but right now....omg. 

Just now, Noamuth said:

I haven't had a chance to go through every post and bone up on the finer points of the changes but...this is amazing.  I almost started crying because of how good these changes are for Mag. 

My opinion may change later, once I get more information but right now....omg. 

And i thought you're gonna riot on forums when they said they gonna touch mag ;)

Good thing it's going to be great at least. Then again i haven't expected otherwise.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

And i thought you're gonna riot on forums when they said they gonna touch mag ;)

Good thing it's going to be great at least. Then again i haven't expected otherwise.

When DERebecca first mentioned that Mag was up for review, I may or may not have gone a little...crazy at her.

Good things in this thread.

I agree with OP about 20% Finisher damage to Crush it would be a nice buff, along with this i think aesthetically enemies should be Crushed, this is just aesthetics for visual Gore Candy ofcoarse but also serves as a buff to its base damage and a refreshing new mechanic

I cant wait till its released, anyone have a date to when it will hit surface?

1 minute ago, Noamuth said:

When DERebecca first mentioned that Mag was up for review, I may or may not have gone a little...crazy at her.

Reworks gonna end up good...most of the time (and by that i mean always)!

Saryn, Frost, Nekros, Excalibur (op or not idc, he's awesome now), Rhino etc... Also QoL for nyx' chaos. Awesome.

Honestly can't wait to see how the volt rework is going to be! I still dream about the 2 speeding up the fire rate too...ohhh...the dps is gonna be high! (and the ammo is gonna be low).

But to get back on mag, shield polarize still nukes corpus right or not? I heard it's spreading like Mprime but will it still nuke? Anyone mind clarifying me up?

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

But to get back on mag, shield polarize still nukes corpus right or not? I heard it's spreading like Mprime but will it still nuke? Anyone mind clarifying me up?

Not much info was given but if it works the way it does, then just look at my feedback to it in my opening post.  I fear that the explosions may damage shields to targets outside the wave before it connects to them.  Possibly causing lower damage.  Hopefully that gets changed to do the polarize effect before taking the explosion into account.

Just now, BBYipho said:

Not much info was given but if it works the way it does, then just look at my feedback to it in my opening post.  I fear that the explosions may damage shields to targets outside the wave before it connects to them.  Possibly causing lower damage.  Hopefully that gets changed to do the polarize effect before taking the explosion into account.

We will see. Right now it sounds a bit...complicated. We can still whin...UUHM i mean give feedback about how it could get done better!

I am not a big Mag player but the rework looked great in my eyes mostly. Again, not a huge Mag player but it seemed like Pull's cast animation was a lot faster. I don't know what Rebbeca's build was, if she that cast speed mod on...BUT I would guess not since she only mentioned power strength, range and Greedy Pull on. I dunno. 

Only thing I really am not feeling is the wave expansion of  Shield Polarize much for the same reasons already said; how does this effect the explosions of shields.

Still, it's great to see that her powers have more synergy now. With Pull, I feel they could do more. Since we have the ability to augment powers with hold inputs what it Pull had a Push when you hold press 1? That way when you pull enemies, debris, and body parts out of Bullet Attractor/Magnetize, you could push all that in a fan towards enemies by holding the Pull input instead of just tapping it.

Just think it would be cool if you could gather enemies at your feet with a tap of Pull, then push them away with a hold of Pull.

Oh and her vacuum passive is kind of lame. I dunno, would have to get a better visual of it in practice. It could be really good depending on how large the vacuum AoE is and I am unsure if it is just items or enemies or both are drawn to your bullet jump.

Edited by (PS4)DBR87

My only concern so far : if Mag can pull, she should be able to push IMO.

How about building in pull the ability to push enemies ? Of course it would keep the same range and the same damage. Press the button for a pull, hold the button for a push. Of course it works in the other way too, if you prefer.

I think a possible Crush change is to have it be a quick cast where Mag magnetize the ground. Doing so would create a field that does DOT magnetic damage for a certain duration and any enemy in the field or that enters the field will be pulled down by the magnetism and will not be able to move until the duration of Crush ends. With this, enemies caught in Crush will also receive additional damage from Pull and Attractor.

Edited by FoxFX

57 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Reworks gonna end up good...most of the time (and by that i mean always)!

Saryn, Frost, Nekros, Excalibur (op or not idc, he's awesome now), Rhino etc... Also QoL for nyx' chaos. Awesome.

Honestly can't wait to see how the volt rework is going to be! I still dream about the 2 speeding up the fire rate too...ohhh...the dps is gonna be high! (and the ammo is gonna be low).

speed - the way volt can increase his DPS