Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rebecca Asking for Opinions on PvP Elements for Dark Sectors on Twitter

No PvP in dark sectors.

At all.

I'm annoyed as it is that development resources are going to Conclave, let alone that awful solar rail pvp nonsense. I don't trust DE to design a dark sector PvP system that isn't prone to game-breaking abuses.

PvP always attracts the sort of culture that I don't want to be part of my game experience. People find enough nonsense ways to compete as it is, with all sorts of tryharding and elitism. The last thing I want is for those people to have any ability to affect the game world the way the old solar rails did

Edited by notlamprey
clarity

I think they should consider what they want the Dark Sectors to represent and how that should fit into Tenno goals and philosphy.  I understand Teshin's want for us to fight a true challenge by fighting each other but does that really fit with squabbling over salvage rights?  The Tenno are supposed to be loyal to each other and the old Clan wars of the old Dark Sectors were not representative of that at all.  If they are to bring back Clan level competitive gameplay then they need to make sure the system promotes victory through gameplay rather than victory through politics and shady tricks.  I think I would rather see Dark Sectors come back as a community co-operative feature akin to Simaris scans and Fomorian attacks with us all working towards a common goal that benefits all and then have something new (and hopefully well thought out) for clan level PvP.

1 hour ago, notlamprey said:

No PvP in dark sectors.

At all.

I'm annoyed as it is that development resources are going to Conclave, let alone that awful solar rail pvp nonsense. I don't trust DE to design a dark sector PvP system that isn't prone to game-breaking abuses.

PvP always attracts the sort of culture that I don't want to be part of my game experience. People find enough nonsense ways to compete as it is, with all sorts of tryharding and elitism. The last thing I want is for those people to have any ability to affect the game world the way the old solar rails did

This. God I wish they completely axed conclave and reassigned the team to archwing. Loss of 5% players would be well compensating by people actually buying archwing related stuff. Besides that's like worst 5%.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

This. God I wish they completely axed conclave and reassigned the team to archwing. Loss of 5% players would be well compensating by people actually buying archwing related stuff. Besides that's like worst 5%.

Game development doesn't really work like that. The PvP team is clearly made up of server programmers, a map designer and possibly game theorists for balance (although I don't know if DE has the money to splash around on game theorists for a single, undervalued game mode), you can't just reassign them to Archwing, as what Archwing needs is more variety in enemies, more variety in maps and more variety in weapons (and for the Defense mode to be burned down and rebuilt). 

Don't blame Conclave for the main team's abandonment of part of their game, unless you prefer scapegoats to solutions. Oh, and why call Conclave players 'the worst 5%'? I can guarantee that you've been in teams with Conclave players and you didn't even know.

Just now, Littlerift said:

Game development doesn't really work like that. The PvP team is clearly made up of server programmers, a map designer and possibly game theorists for balance (although I don't know if DE has the money to splash around on game theorists for a single, undervalued game mode), you can't just reassign them to Archwing, as what Archwing needs is more variety in enemies, more variety in maps and more variety in weapons (and for the Defense mode to be burned down and rebuilt). 

Don't blame Conclave for the main team's abandonment of part of their game, unless you prefer scapegoats to solutions. Oh, and why call Conclave players 'the worst 5%'? I can guarantee that you've been in teams with Conclave players and you didn't even know.

I can't help but feel like you're just wanting to show off that you know a little bit about game development in general, without knowing how DE is organized specifically.

Besides, you surely don't think that map design and general balance talent couldn't possibly be applied to other parts of the game. Perhaps there are very specific reasons why this wouldn't be possible for "DE and Warframe" as an individual case. Even if this is true, it isn't as simple as saying "no development resources are going into Conclave that might be used elsewhere."

We don't know for sure, and we can't. I'm hoping that DE knows this, and will forgive us if we're somewhat unreasonable in our expectations from time to time.

6 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

I can't help but feel like you're just wanting to show off that you know a little bit about game development in general, without knowing how DE is organized specifically.

Besides, you surely don't think that map design and general balance talent couldn't possibly be applied to other parts of the game. Perhaps there are very specific reasons why this wouldn't be possible for "DE and Warframe" as an individual case. Even if this is true, it isn't as simple as saying "no development resources are going into Conclave that might be used elsewhere."

We don't know for sure, and we can't. I'm hoping that DE knows this, and will forgive us if we're somewhat unreasonable in our expectations from time to time.

Well we know that nobody in the dedicated PvP team is a modeller, and we know that it's quite likely that none of them are artists either. It doesn't take a huge amount of deduction.

And you're right, there are things that the team could be useful for. However, DE know the statistics for Conclave players better than us, and they clearly think that their talents are better applied to PvP. And I didn't say that 'no resources are going into Conclave that might be more useful elsewhere', I said that what Archwing needs is a lot more than a small team being shoved onto it despite the fact that they were bought in by DE to work on something that is entirely different. For Archwing to be improved we need some kind of dedicated effort from many of DE's departments, but DE can't do that because the loudest voices in the player base like to shout at them whenever they release a major update that doesn't have new base-game content, and due to the poor state that Archwing is in a whole patch dedicated to it runs the risk of making that uproar even worse. However, I don't blame the player base for that - DE has consistently shown a 'add a feature, never fix it' design strategy. So no, DE aren't going to blame you for unreasonable expectations, but expecting DE to move a team from the thing they were hired for onto a completely different task is rather silly and it will leave you disappointed.

2 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

Can I vote for a better thread title?

Also, PVP rails are not something I want to see, you lock out the majority of the playerbase from participation

they dont lock out nobody, its like saying only MR20s can participate in conclave, theres literally nothing being said about fullfilling MASSIVE ingame requirements to join

people wouldnt CHOOSE to do something because its pvp, i dont pvp cos p2p is god awful

26 minutes ago, SYL3NZR said:

they dont lock out nobody, its like saying only MR20s can participate in conclave, theres literally nothing being said about fullfilling MASSIVE ingame requirements to join

people wouldnt CHOOSE to do something because its pvp, i dont pvp cos p2p is god awful

Lock out might not have been the best term to use.

PVP is a tiny portion of the playerbase, less than 10% I'd say regularly play PVP. Making Dark sectors PVP based will either force those who do not enjoy/don't want to play PVP to do so, or be excluded from the content.

Keep PVP stuff on its own, and out of the regular game.

I insist that  a MOBA like PVE/PVP match should be made for Dark Sectors. 

I think something similar to what we see in Survival missions, while we got a team providing a distraction we get a operative that infiltrates the solar rail to sabotage it. 

Or a Defense Mission similar to what we've seen already in the dark sector missions. 

They should define what Dark Sector stand for at first place, not just another sectors with higher resource drop chance and rewards or PvP maps. I imagine Dark sector as tombs, never discovered locations and Tenno with Solar rails take trip there and discover some secrets (mission objectives/tasks)

13 hours ago, notlamprey said:

No PvP in dark sectors.

At all.

I'm annoyed as it is that development resources are going to Conclave, let alone that awful solar rail pvp nonsense. [...]

PvP always attracts the sort of culture that I don't want to be part of my game experience. People find enough nonsense ways to compete as it is, with all sorts of tryharding and elitism.

+1

I've tried my hand at Conclave a few times, and very quickly realized it wasn't for me, both the gameplay and the extremely aggressive attitudes that sprung up in the chat.  The less of the game that that kind of dreck composes, the happier I'll be.

31 minutes ago, Myscho said:

They should define what Dark Sector stand for at first place, not just another sectors with higher resource drop chance and rewards or PvP maps.

+1

I'm not entirely sure I agree with Myscho's vision for Dark Sectors (it sounds cool, but there's a lot of cool things that could be done with it), but over-all, it feels like Dark Sectors need a clearer picture of what they are.