The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Trying To Be Nerdy But Would Warframe Make A Good Anime?

1 hour ago, IronWolfKnight said:

It already has an anime version.

It's called Neon Genesis Evangelion.

1 hour ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

But Warframe actually has people that GET INTO THE DAMN ROBOT.

i never liked Evangelion, i was more into Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, but my brother was really a fan and i can agree that it's opening still is one of the best of all times..

Spoiler

Spoiler

A Warframe anime would only work with civilian/mercenary characters as the protagonists, since they can talk and regularly interact with the solar system's inhabitants that aren't strictly heavily armed Grineer or heavily armed Corpus, unlike Warframes.  At best, a Warframe might be present as the silent super soldier, but couple of average Joe's will be leading the story.

Or Warframe could just do an Animatrix/Gotham Knight/Halo Legends - a bunch of short stories almost purely written for lore building.

no thanks, i don't think the style of Warframe would go very well. it could pass for a typical animated series, something on the lines of Red Vs Blue, but I highly doubt anybody is going to go to that level of effort.

though admittedly, Clem in a kawaii schoolgirl outfit still gets a thumbs up from me.

Its pretty easy to figure out how the anime would work: Drop the whole they can't talk, make it a adventure type anime where you are trying to defeat greneer/corpus/infested and along the way meet the Warframes. BTW this isn't happy go lucky this is more of a gore fest with cool action scenes. You watch the show for meeting new cool warframes and the action.

Also you would probably have to lose them being in suites and just make some sort of character and give them a personality. Examples: Excal is very chivalry and very honorable, Rhino is the tuff and marine x character, Mirage is more on the crazy blood thirsty character, Nyx is on the side of controling and manipulative, Ember is like mirage crazy probably would be sexualized in anime form.

In practise to make it successful it would probably do those things. Though all in all it wouldn't be a bad anime a 4/5 if done correctly. Though if they wanted to cater the Warframe audience they would just keep the suites and make the characters not talk. Though whether or not it keeps to the source material is up to whether or not they want it to be popular.

(Why did I just waste 5 minutes of my life explaining how to make a good action anime. -.- )

Edit: Also to all the baises. Weeboo means that you are obsessed with Japanese media and or culture. Otaku means you are obsessed with anime. Also anime is a Japanese entertainment industry not meant for kids whatsoever. I bet Japanese make fun of Daredevil as a comic book kids show as well as we do their shows. If anything Anime is a much better entertainment genre because it allows artistic freedom and isn't limited to actors. I don't really like anime myself but that is because I don't find television in general that good. Though I would ask people not to be biased based on internet memes all it does it make you look stupid and ignorant of other cultures and if anything racist toward Japanese culture. If you want to make your own opinions on any subject give it a little bit of research rather then making yourself a fool online.

Edited by Feallike
INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could work as an anime. I'm sure it would be focused on the operators. They already talk to us during missions.  The anime would be just like that, with operators constantly talking while controlling the WFs. No need for secondary characters. 

i think an anime version would be awesome, as long as it doesn't follow the game too much. they could change some stuff up like making it so the tenno are actually in the frames and can talk. 

Edited by AsharaClaudia

The story revolves around the Syndicates and their different paths to find and connect with the Tenno. 

We follow the rebels who liberate a colony from the Grineer.

We follow the seekers who uncover a Orokin Tomb.

We follow Teshin in his quest to reducate the Tenno. 

All against the back drop of the War between Vor and Alad V. The young Darvo play a key role as Tenno-sympathiser.

At the end, the second dream is revealed and the Sentients arrive. At this point the Operators finally become part of the story.

Who knows?  It might work.

Id like a warframe inspired anime. Take the characters and general feel of warframe but not be cannon to the game so one wouldnt depend on the other.

Or do a prequel filling the gap between dark sector and warframe. I know devs have said warframe is more of a spiritual successor but i dont see why it has to be that way.