Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

snipers viable for sorties in terms of damage

Captain_Kart

Question

i was wondering what snipers are good for sorties,i heard vectis prime and snipetron vandal is really good but which one is better?

edit:it seems after reading the wikia the best candidates are the snipetron vandal and the rubico

Edited by Captain_Kart

18 answers to this question

I own 3 snipers

Snipetron V

Lanka

Vulkar wrath

Here is my take on this

Snipetron V is good when their is elemental resistance not endless mission

Lanka is good any other time when is not endless mission

Vulkar warth is good in endless mission

Here is the logic

Snipetron vandal can legitimate do the damage and the crit and with the way scope is working and multy shot is easy to get that x1.5 on your shots but in an endless mission you may get screwed over as you would have to sacrifice damage for speed and reload to maintain the enemy away from your confort zone enver the less a good sniper user will be able to do this and more with whatever sniper they may be using ...but a better one will use the best tool for the best job

Lanka murder machine red-crit from just point strike and with the way it works I been able to one shot light enemies even if I miss a headshot and been able to one shot large enemies on head shot the trick here thought is mod the damage for excelling against that enemy faction or you will just screw yourself over I did infested spy sorti yesterday against exima killing them in one shots and killing ancients in 1 shot

Vulkar warth the natural speed the weapon has allows for great speed recovery and with the mod it can help a lot with that aoe and procs keeping you alive and everything while Is not gonna be one shotting everything in an endless type mission sorti(15 wave/15 minute)it will how ever keep you alive and kill the enemy after a certain number of shots and with head-shots it just helps plus the fact that it has good proc chance a corrosive build will help against the armor and can also help do some anti shield shenanigans

3 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Snipetron Vandal is the best one ... it has passives ... only Advantages :)

And what about the projectiles? Don't you think that's a bit of a downside? Having to completely readjust what you're used to, aiming ahead, predicting enemy movement, on long ranges?

In all honesty, pretty much any crit-based sniper will do in Sorties, as long as you headshot. So it all comes down to preference.

4 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

And what about the projectiles? Don't you think that's a bit of a downside? Having to completely readjust what you're used to, aiming ahead, predicting enemy movement, on long ranges?

In all honesty, pretty much any crit-based sniper will do in Sorties, as long as you headshot. So it all comes down to preference.

Snipetron (Vandal) is hitscan. Don't need to lead your target. Lanka (which has the same game model as Snipetron) has a projectile.

I like using the Snipetron Vandal. The innate 3m punchthrough makes it pretty nice for killing rows of enemies that are lined up. Didn't have any problems with the first two sorties with one or two forma and using the Hush mod in my build. Usually use it with an Augmented Rest build on Equinox.

23 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Snipetron (Vandal) is hitscan. Don't need to lead your target. Lanka (which has the same game model as Snipetron) has a projectile.

I like using the Snipetron Vandal. The innate 3m punchthrough makes it pretty nice for killing rows of enemies that are lined up. Didn't have any problems with the first two sorties with one or two forma and using the Hush mod in my build. Usually use it with an Augmented Rest build on Equinox.

Ah I see. Damn, I almost feel like modding it then. I was ready to when I got it, but got disappointed with the changed firing sound. That, and the scope effects, is what I really liked about the normal Snipetron.

Vulkar Wraith with reload speed, shred and magazine increasing mods, since DE likes to apply the sniper only to her nullifier filled corpus missions. Vectis is solid as well(does not matter if the normal one or the prime, both will one shot everything) but a pain vs nullifiers. Damage is never a issue for the snipers in sorti, the problem is horde mode game play in survival, excavation or defence when you take ages to reload, can't make any use of the long range zoom on most indoor maps and have to work with a rather low fire rate.

As for damage and overall performance, you will be better off with a bow.

Damage-wise, they're plenty viable for Sorties. They kind of have to be, considering some Sorties limit you to Snipers only. :P

Whether you can deal with using 12x zoom on stages clearly not designed for it is another matter...

I hate snipers, yet have 4+ potatoed pieces and it seems that on paper rubico is fairly well rounded choice. 

Good crit chance, easily obtainable, above average crit multiplayer. I should field test more snipers just to be sure but I don't feel like it ^^