Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pax East Overview

AM-Bunny

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zashukitsune said:

Something I just noticed...the tesla sphere Vauban Prime threw down arced between all of them.  Maybe an upgrade is approaching?  We know they like showing off new stuff.  Little sad that Bounce is still around, not because I hate it just because it's much more of a hindrance now with parkour 2.0 than it was beforehand.

Honestly since the Telsa's have charges. Would make sense for it to be a 100% proc chance. I would use the ability just because it stuns. Now it just zaps & literally nothing happens.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Zashukitsune said:

Something I just noticed...the tesla sphere Vauban Prime threw down arced between all of them.  Maybe an upgrade is approaching?  We know they like showing off new stuff.  Little sad that Bounce is still around, not because I hate it just because it's much more of a hindrance now with parkour 2.0 than it was beforehand.

AM-Bunny did mention that they said Vauban might get some gameplay upgrades along with Vauban Prime's release, so it looks like Scott has his eye on perhaps a Volt style revamp (some minimal buffing/tweaking) to update Vauban to better fit with where the game is now. I watched it over and over and it also feels like Bounce did more as well, but I could be wrong. 

Either way I am looking forward to seeing what these upgrades might entail, and I can't wait to play as Vauban Prime. I have been anticipating this for quite some time, and I am very glad they stayed in order and didn't go with Nekros first. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

3 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

"Let the beasts do their work"?

Who are the "beasts" they talk about?

The Tenno?

.... or the Warframes?

She also called her own sister a worm...clearly they're not too kind.  I'd find it all too likely that the "beasts" are the grineer.  I'm betting it might have something to do with how many of the orokin seem borderline immortal, like Baro or Tenshin.  Maybe one twin got whatever perk or quirk that allows that, while the other didn't.  Maybe?  It's all speculation right now, but I'm hopeful.

interesting news, thx for sharing, DE and Bunny, im shure this all will appear, did anybody say a clear date or dates ? ...

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

AM-Bunny did mention that they said Vauban might get some gameplay upgrades along with Vauban Prime's release, so it looks like Scott has his eye on perhaps a Volt style revamp (some minimal buffing/tweaking) to update Vauban to better fit with where the game is now. I watched it over and over and it also feels like Bounce did more as well, but I could be wrong. 

Either way I am looking forward to seeing what these upgrades might entail, and I can't wait to play as Vauban Prime. I have been anticipating this for quite some time, and I am very glad they stayed in order and didn't go with Nekros first. 

I'm with you there.  I can't put my finger on it, but SOMETHING is different about bounce...maybe I'm just getting paranoid.  EIther that or hopeful, not sure which right at the moment.

Same here.  I like Nekros, but I've felt like Vauban has needed some love for longer, and it looks like he's getting it in spades.  Even brought him out of my closet after what feels like months, still as fun as I remember, but definitely seeing room for QoL Improvements.

Just now, MrDar1o said:

It's Akstiletto Prime, not Aksomati, for sure. 

Until it's officially confirmed, I'm not getting my hopes up for any specific secondary. It looks way too much like another secondary and primes often have a lot of visual tweaks. 

Unless you can point to where they said what weapon it was... 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Until it's officially confirmed, I'm not getting my hopes up for any specific secondary. It looks way too much like another secondary and primes often have a lot of visual tweaks. 

Unless you can point to where they said what weapon it was... 

coughdataminerscough

3 minutes ago, MrDar1o said:

It's Akstiletto Prime, not Aksomati, for sure. 

another MR fodder, because of having enough bullets you pay with power or you have more power and not enough bullets to enjoy "some weapons" ...

i like the hammer and the vauban prime design reminds me immediately on wukong, dunno why ... i hope im not too dry ... (^^

Edited by Guest

Huh, looks like a unilateral relationship between the two characters at the end.
I interpret the "let the beasts do their work" line as "let the warframe do the Tenno's work", since the term 'beast' is most commonly used with rogue warframes or infested and the latter making less sense here.

Spoiler

rvqKXNy.png

11 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

They are probably successive clones of the same genetic material  to ensure redundancy.

One leads while the other learns and matures enough to take over and have a new younger self cloned from the original material.

Still leaves the question as to what happened to the first one?

Let me elaborate: We assume they were born the same day, as twins should, and then ruled the Grineer. Realistically, they aged togheter and one had to die first to get another... Or they did the clonning and... let me give them names and put it in lines:

The twins, Mary and Cecil, rule the Grinner.

The make a Clone of Mary, lets call her "Mary II".

They both raise her and teach her everything they know.

The Original Queens die.

Mary II now has enough knowledge to rule and makes a clone of Cecil.

Mary II now raises Cecil II to rule after her.

Mary II dies and Cecil II clones Mary again and makes "Mary III".

And so: the cycle goes on.

Makes sense actually.

Edited by Venom-Snake

Just now, MrDar1o said:

coughdataminerscough

Ah, alright fair enough. 

@Zashukitsune, yeah I wish I had a more concrete way to explain what I think is different about bounce, apart from the zany way he uses it in the trailer... I will probably be watching the video over and over, so maybe I'll see notice something else if I keep watching. ; P 

Vauban is my most played but I haven't used him as often these days because of how poorly his abilities have aged. I dusted him off myself recently and I remembered why I loved him, but it was also clear he needs some real quality of life improvements as well. 

8 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

They are probably successive clones of the same genetic material  to ensure redundancy.

One leads while the other learns and matures enough to take over and have a new younger self cloned from the original material.

That is a really interesting theory....but they did make a big deal once, mentioning lore where it was a miracle of sorts in Grineer culture that twin females were born.  I'm paraphrasing, don't know what the original was even from, but I hope I'm not too far off.  Maybe there was something very special about the birth of twin girls, maybe something special with orokin/corpus/grineer biology.

I like your theory though, would explain what we just saw. 

17 minutes ago, lukshu said:

Maybe one of the queens was on the Zariman? As far as I remember they are from the orokin age?

Wouldnt make sense. Families were in 10-0, going to Tau, why would they leave part of the family, a daughter no less, behind?

12 minutes ago, aoguro_ said:

another MR fodder, because of having enough bullets you pay with power or you have more power and not enough bullets to enjoy "some weapons" ...

i like the hammer and the vauban prime design reminds me immediately on wukong, dunno why ... i hope im not too dry ... (^^

Look, we have "hurr durr Mastreh Foddah" badass over here. Do you already know stats?

8 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Huh, looks like a unilateral relationship between the two characters at the end.
I interpret the "let the beasts do their work" line as "let the warframe do the Tenno's work", since the term 'beast' is most commonly used with rogue warframes or infested and the latter making less sense here.

Hide contents

rvqKXNy.png

Looking at the younger/smaller one...just noticed the things on her head look vaguely like the Kuria's antennae...horn...things.  Maybe Olemedi knows them personally.  We've had at least a couple warframe plot bits based around children, maybe Olemedi was the Mother or Midwife?  Obviously I'm reaching for ideas, but it seems like something.