Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Balancing (Nerf) discussion..

(PSN)AngelShur

5 minutes ago, clemza said:

Self damage ? On a tonkor ? It would ruin the weapon since your using it to jump ...

Last thing I see people using it for is to jump.

In fact, I've never seen anyone using it for jump or even recommending it for that feature. People can use 'Oh jump feature' as some sort of way to bat off self-damage/balance suggestions but in reality, I doubt it would be missed by the larger portion of the users of the weapon.

4 minutes ago, Shafilp said:

agreed with self-damage but doesn't tonkor sell-point in first place is rocket jump?

Not even remotely true. I highly doubt anyone looks at the Tonkor and thinks "I'm definitely getting this because i can rocket jump". We have a much better way to jump and move around.

Just create a new Arua card for Explosive weapons. Have it build an Overshield, or reduction to self damage like Rejuvenation or Energy Syphon when explosive weapons are equipped, so those players have a chance to stave off a bad moment where it explodes in their face.  Now all explosive weapons are viable with a cool new Arua Mod making them Tanks or just survivable against troll PUG groups. 

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

There is still one problem, the glitchyness of the tonkor letting the grenade explode instantly after shooting it, so in front of you to speak. That randomly kills you whenever you least expect it.

Like when aim/sliding?

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Like when aim/sliding?

It just randomly happens. Idk if it has something to do with fps or latency. I can even stand still and the nade explodes and lets me rocket jump when i just want to shoot it into a group lmao.

4 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

I highly doubt anyone looks at the Tonkor and thinks "I'm definitely getting this because i can rocket jump"

Tristana disagrees :D

6 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Not even remotely true. I highly doubt anyone looks at the Tonkor and thinks "I'm definitely getting this because i can rocket jump". We have a much better way to jump and move around.

After Parkour 2.0 released, it basically voided that argument for players.

They aren't using the Tonkor for mobility so why does it even need to have that function any longer? It would be fine if they kept it and migrated it to an alt-fire mode, that does less damage to everything.

But the main problem is, is that the Tonkor shadows every other launcher because of no SELF-DAMAGE. It can be as OP as it wants to in my opinion, but it needs to have a risk involved in using it, so a player has to be conscious of where they are shooting.

Without any risk, why should you have such a great reward?

The Tonkor is one of the weapons in this game that is throwing everything else off balance.
We have enough of these problems.

Doesn't need a nerf.

Just Self Damage.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

10 minutes ago, Shafilp said:

agreed with self-damage but doesn't tonkor sell-point in first place is rocket jump?

Something that's selling point is "Shoot yourself" shoulden't outclass every single explosive weapon in the game, if nothing else I'd say do at least 50% self damage which would allow it to maintain its purpose while at the same time limiting how OP players can make it since it will still kill them

6 minutes ago, Naith said:

Last thing I see people using it for is to jump.

In fact, I've never seen anyone using it for jump or even recommending it for that feature. People can use 'Oh jump feature' as some sort of way to bat off self-damage/balance suggestions but in reality, I doubt it would be missed by the larger portion of the users of the weapon.

I do use it that way, i do like to walk on the bullets to detonate the explosion myself and jump :l

So for me it would ruin it.

2 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

After Parkour 2.0 released, it basically voided that argument for players.

They aren't using the Tonkor for mobility so why does it even need to have that function any longer? It would be fine if they kept it and migrated it to an alt-fire mode, that does less damage to everything.

But the main problem is, is that the Tonkor shadows every other launcher because of no SELF-DAMAGE. It can be as OP as it wants to in my opinion, but it needs to have a risk involved in using it, so a player has to be conscious of where they are shooting.

Without any risk, why should you have such a great reward?

I agree with everything you said.

The alt-fire jump with significantly reduced damage and radius is a really good idea. The normal fire can do full self damage.

Tonkor ain't a problem, its a solution, you can do mission just fine in da starchart without it. But at certain point of the game due to completely broken enemy scaling all you can do is just take aoe-high-damage-crit weapon or you wasted, like tonkor or synoid simulor.

Tonkor is fine, scaling doesn't.

Edited by -CM-Hekovashi

Tonkor is ridiculously good, it removes the incentive to get other weapons for players who acquire it.  

I think a change is needed, many say self-damage, I agree, to a point. One focus of the Tonkor is it's ability to rocket jump. If you add self damage, that ability is useless seeing as you're only gonna be launching your corpse into the air.  

Here's my proposal:

Give the Tonkor two firing modes, one does a rocket jump, this would be a utility grenade that behaves like the Sonicor does.  It would do significantly low damage to enemy units, and wouldn't damage the user.

The thing that makes the Tonkor so good is it's Crits, combined with it's AoE, I say that no changes be made to it's damage/critical stats, but instead make it's radius the smallest out of all the launchers, make it so the amazing damage it outputs only affects the enemy hit by the grenade, and the immediate surrounding enemies. This grenade would self damage, a punishment for being foolish with a grenade launcher.

4 minutes ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Tonkor ain't a problem, its a solution, you can do mission just fine in da starchart without it. But at certain point of the game due to completely broken enemy scaling all you can do is just take aoe-high-damage-crit weapon or you wasted, like tonkor or synoid simulor.

Tonkor is fine, scaling doesn't.

No Tonkor isn't fine as it is.

The Game isn't fine as it is (enemy scaling wise)... but that is going to another topic.

Self Damage will solve everything, it isn't fair to the other launchers for the Tonkor to be stronger AND pose absolutely no threat to the user. No nerf to its Damage or Blast Radius, just Self Damage.

That's all it needs, I've said this like three/four times already.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

31 minutes ago, (PS4)AngelShur said:

I vote Tonkor Prime please thank you.. 

Not going to happen, its a High MR Grineer weapon. At best you will get a Wrath version from Sorties that will be very very difficult to obtain and still have MR requirements to equip.

In my opinion the only "Nerf" it should get is being moved to the Grineer Research labs in the Dojos since buying it from the Market is plain easy.