Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #74 Overview

AM-Bunny

1 hour ago, maj.death said:

That Banshee passive seems silly... why have a passive do what an ability covers?

The ability makes the enemies in the AoE deaf, it doesnt silence her weapons. So there's always a risk that an enemy just outside your range might hear you.

um, market place uhaul? Ive never seen a thread complaning about that on the forum, atleast in the social board. What I hear everyone talk about is a market place for player trading. So, is there anything being done about that?

great work as always, Bunny, thanks!

really liking Nekros' passive the most, he could use the survivability. Umbra Excal's reveal should be epic, and I think the way they've tweaked bounce is absolute genius; it keeps in with Vauban's "grenade for every occasion" theme, keeps bounce for the few that want it and gives Vauban more power! well done DE!

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

great work as always, Bunny, thanks!

really liking Nekros' passive the most, he could use the survivability. Umbra Excal's reveal should be epic, 

You haven't played a desecrate nekros with despoil and health conversion yet.  All the orbs, all the armor - the guy is a hybrid tank now.

Now with this passive, unlimited energy to cast fear, the occasional soul punch, and loot generator.  I use him every time I need argon.

I'm thinking umbra Excal has something to do with the infested on ship.

2 hours ago, DiosGX said:

Was looking forward to these passives, but they seem pretty garbage now.

Wildlife friendly with oberon? You serious? So two whole enemies on tilesets nobody goes to can deal 5 damage to enemies that are OHKO level. Wow. So useful.

Very disappointed.

3 enemies, actually. Kubrows (Earth), Sand Skates (Phobos), and Kavats (Derelict). I agree though, very disappointing any way you look at it.

2 hours ago, Venom-Snake said:

The ability makes the enemies in the AoE deaf, it doesnt silence her weapons. So there's always a risk that an enemy just outside your range might hear you.

Won't that make the ability redundant outside of teamplay then?

1 minute ago, Madway7 said:

Won't that make the ability redundant outside of teamplay then?

It will. But I doubt it will be something like a 100% Noise Reduction, maybe 30% or so, might make it more assured that she wont be heard so its more or less a buff for Silence.

1 hour ago, Madway7 said:

Please give Loki infinite wall latch for the moon puzzles!!!!!

bad idea.

1. it trivializes infested missions.

2. it could potentially break AI -making them stay in certain places for easy targeting

Edited by Aquasurge

1 hour ago, Aquasurge said:

bad idea.

1. it trivializes infested missions.

2. it could potentially break AI -making them stay in certain places for easy targeting

It sounds kinda interesting, actually, it suits his kit pretty well. Also, infested missions are trivialized already by any object taller than an Ancient. Same goes for the AI, as soon as you stand on something that isn't the ground, it goes wonky.

DE should probably work on improving those matters instead of using them as a basis for not adding infinite wall latch.

Thank you again, Bunny. Your overviews are helpful beyond belief.

Edited by Aoden

The passive are really unimpressive.

Ash increases bleed but... doesn't Saryn also do that, for everything? Maybe if its much longer then Saryn's small boost.

Banshee's, as everyone's on about, clashes with an ability and would be too strong, if its the extreme, but weak if its only partial silence. Also it doesn't help her in any of the problems she has.

Ember's is weird. She's not a tank, and not many people set you on fire. Poor cohesion.

So much worry about what Hydroid's power needing to be based on chance when it wouldn't actually help anyway. He doesn't have powers to give him reason like Zepyr to slam, why bother?

Infinite wall latch seems... extreme and indirect. Good but potentially crazy powerful.

Mag's won't matter because everyone uses a carrier and we've seen you have the groundwork to let every sentinel vacuum with modleaks.

Nekros' is actually really good and as Nekros is my favourite, that could really help make him viable, well done.

Nova's makes as much sense as any others and helps her with problems she had, survivability. Does make her crappy first power augment less useful but thats a different problem.

Nyx's disarm seems largely useless. CC's a thing usually done to lead to killing enemies and if you're not, because its a  crazy level intercept or something, A Loki will just do a guaranteed disarm. Also he has an augment to make it into basically chaos, so the tradeoff is small. This'd maybe be a good chaos augment though.

Oberron's is really fluffy. Add more animals (which players want anyway and you plan) and it'd be good. Love to see sharks attacking people in sharkwing.

Trinity's is fair enough. Hope its a good distance. I'm sure this'll lead to some shenanigans allowing a very long time survival mission, though.

Vauban's... not a tank, he lives on not getting shot and does it really well. If its a lot, fair enough, helps him live and makes him a team player. Weird choice though. I'd expect something like less aggro because he's not as visually or power-ly threatening as the dragons and sword butterfly monsters most tenno are.

Volt's cool, dumb but cool. Kinda wish he would keep blowing up the environment and make that a passive, tech can be caught in it and blow up, damaging nearby enemies, and keep consistently working on what counts for it.

I do feel like Chroma should be on this list, has-a-functioning-gimmick isn't... much of a passive. Maybe boost damage and armor for the selected element?

God I hope limbo has something good though.

Really disappointed DE think that Tesla doesn't need a rework. The new grenades are a little gimmicky. At first I liked the look of them, but then I imagined myself in a T4 Survival with the new Vauban.

The Trip grenade while hilarious, is pretty stupid in late game. Tripping enemies up for two seconds?

The Shred grenade is basically bounce with a tweak.

The Concussion grenade stuns enemies for like two seconds, why would I want to use that over say Excals RB or Mirages blind which stuns enemies for seventy seconds and more. However if it opens enemies up to finishers then that's great.

And on top of it all, his power animations are still the same.

I'm really disappointed in this rework. Vauban Prime will just be Mastery Fodder for me.

12 hours ago, Nemesis-Infinity said:

Also that starchart sneak peak, Idk... Seems like much hasn't changed. Why can't you just q for a mission type, and you can chose the resources at the end, aka 1 rare and 3 commons and keep the current in game loot drops, but just label them as rare loot, less hassle Imo, and then you can farm on any tileset for any resource 

The new star chart wasn't supposed to be teased, and since it isn't some lore thing they wouldn't want to spoil it's because they're still working on mechanics I'm sure.

What was in the stream could be (and probably is) completely different from the end product they intend to deliver. I remember before parkour 2.0, they (intentionally) showed off new zipline mechanics in a stream only to completely redo the mechanics once again by the time Parkour 2.0 shipped.

15 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Did they mention of the volt and mag rework come next week?

Well, prime access starts on the 17th so I would assume between the 17th and 25th is a big update, namely the reworks   

Edited by Wolfnrun