Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's building requirements are too high [Reply from DE]

(PSN)Arkel-99

Some credentials first, since there's a lot of "Oh you're new you shouldn't get everything handed to you on a silver platter!" in here.  I'm MR20 (with enough stuff sitting crafted in the foundry to get well into MR21, but I'm holding back because of a personal sorta kinda bucket list), currently at about 1900 hours, have just under 12000 oxium, and about 65 Nitain.

I don't like the oxium (pretty irrelevant to me that they cut it in half, it's their initial intent that's obviously the concern, and the fact that they cut it so quickly shows they're literally trying to find the exact line of grind that the community will tolerate), but I can deal.  A buddy of mine likes his Hydroid, and my Nekros has 4 forma, and Cerberus is a decent place to xp.  I wasn't very irritated about the prospect of getting it done.

I'm honestly fine with the Nitain.  Yes, I know.  Of course I am, I'm in the clear so screw everyone else right?  If that's how you want to read it, I can't change your mind, but I think alertium being required to craft the prime version of the alert only warframe makes a lot of sense.  If there's going to be a big resource cost/timesink, this is where I'd want it.  At least it thematically makes sense.

What I find completely and totally intolerable is that, to have a very good chance of getting him, you have to spend at least two fulltime work weeks farming.  Obviously I can't post the math here because of forum rules.  This is a break from every other prime part since I've started playing, and I think it's a pretty garbage way to do business.

DE:  I know you need money, I know it's F2P.  But irritating people into shortcutting the grind and buying it is a rather risky proposition, as you're quite likely to just drive them away from the game entirely instead.  I unfortunately find myself again unwilling to fork over the money for Prime Accessories Access because of irritation at DE, just as I was with Saryn (though that salt was mainly about Focus changes).  Admittedly, I was on the fence, so it only took a small push (college, broke, blah blah blah) but still.  I really hope that, just maybe, when the next prime access comes around, the motivation to purchase will be entirely carrot based.  My (rather inconsequential) .02.

I don't really like nitain either. Nitain alerts usually don't pop up during the limited time window that I have to play, so it's extra frustrating for me. Still haven't finished building a lot of things because of those nitain requirements. 

1 hour ago, achromos said:

FishNeedles...  calm down.  Tell me.  How do you get REGULAR vauban.  Try getting him in one day.

Now, tell me.. should the PRIME, the BETTER version of Vauban be obtainable within a single day?  This has little to NOTHING to do with 'screwing over everyone who cannot afford it'  It's keeping the difficulty consistant... Ironically Vauban PRIME still is easier to obtain then Regular vauban because you can ALWAYS have a shot at getting it daily.

Clearly some people cannot see that this is merely a prelude for things to come, wasn't the Sibear a big enough warning sign? It was for most of us. Sure, right now many people can afford to build Vauban 3 times over but in a few months time? With more new items demanding insane resources? I think not. This is a huge symbol of where the game is headed, not an effort to maintain consistency. Let's see how rational you are 6 months down the track when the grindwalls have been increased. I agree with Fishneedles, fk that idea, screw prime access, I'll go buy Overwatch and Witcher 3's new expansion for the same money as a new Vauban skin with slightly increased stats and a stupid cosmetic. Gee I wonder which of those choices will offer more gameplay experience?

Edited by Zilchy

Considering I have been ignoring the Nitain Alerts that are not Exterminates and I got 31...

Its a type of thing that rewards players that play the game for longer than those who have things to do in RL, but Loot Games are like that.

Just now, Venom-Snake said:

Considering I have been ignoring the Nitain Alerts that are not Exterminates and I got 31...

Its a type of thing that rewards players that play the game for longer than those who have things to do in RL, but Loot Games are like that.

Think it's a little bit different, because I have enough resources for everything else. Just not nitain, since it's time-based. Other resources I can farm within the window of time I can play. 

The only thing I hate is that basically everything released after Nitain was added has to have Nitain.

7 minutes ago, LordCasimiro said:

I just dont understand what that thing is. Like, Argon Crystal is a mysteroius thing of the void, so ok, makes sense to use it on a conduit of void powers. But what the heck is a Nitain Extract?

I the wiki says its Methane or something like that.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I have the alerts sent to my phone .... Now im sitting on about 90 nitain so its not so bad.

Exact same situation twitter connected to smartphone and opened on warframealerts and 160+ nitain without sitting and waiting for alarms.

Edited by Dabus87
typo

5 minutes ago, kuliise said:

Think it's a little bit different, because I have enough resources for everything else. Just not nitain, since it's time-based. Other resources I can farm within the window of time I can play. 

Well, this is a bit of a weak argument considering how low the chances are: but you can get Nitain by doing the Ship Sabotages and finding all 3 caches. The problem is that the things from alert is completely random and its limited to 4 a day.

I dont know if it might help but, maybe putting the Wardroid App on your phone might help. Male it ring when a Nitain Alert is coming when you are avalible to enter the game but not currently playing it.

3 minutes ago, LordCasimiro said:

I just dont understand what that thing is. Like, Argon Crystal is a mysteroius thing of the void, so ok, makes sense to use it on a conduit of void powers. But what the heck is a Nitain Extract?

"Each vial is produced by the painstaking expression of billions of rare, ocean-vent dwelling microorganisms. "

Its a vial full of rare bacteria.

It seems my worries when Sibear came out came true.

I cannot believe some people feel this is okay. What's next? 15 Tellurium and 25 Neural Sensors maybe. After that we'll need 18 Argon Crystals and 35 Neurodes.

1 minute ago, Venom-Snake said:

Well, this is a bit of a weak argument considering how low the chances are: but you can get Nitain by doing the Ship Sabotages and finding all 3 caches. The problem is that the things from alert is completely random and its limited to 4 a day.

I dont know if it might help but, maybe putting the Wardroid App on your phone might help. Male it ring when a Nitain Alert is coming when you are avalible to enter the game but not currently playing it.

"Each vial is produced by the painstaking expression of billions of rare, ocean-vent dwelling microorganisms. "

Its a vial full of rare bacteria.

I do have the app on my phone, the problem is that I'm usually not able to actually get on and do the alert because I'm out of the house. 

18 minutes ago, oceano4 said:

Nah, but I'm biased, I have 38 spare currently. 

I"m not surprised though, they didn't want to make Vauban Prime too much easier to make compared to normal Vuaban. 

Likewise.

I find Argon more tedious then nitain tbh >->

1 minute ago, kuliise said:

I do have the app on my phone, the problem is that I'm usually not able to actually get on and do the alert because I'm out of the house. 

Then I have nothing to suggest aside from making a thread in Feedback about either: raising the time of the Alerts to at least 1 hour each, or make more than 4 Nitain Alerts appear a day.

It's not to bad, I have enough for my time of playing. but, I am thinking about quitting from the mere grind fest of the recent stuff. It is really boring me. I wish DE would focus on making the game fun for a few updates rather then adding grind. I will post my ideas if you want me to, just give some time to work on them (I want to make some concept levels so people have a better idea of what I am talking about.) Yeah, this game.... love hate relationship...