The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's building requirements are too high [Reply from DE]

(PSN)Arkel-99

2 minutes ago, FishNeedles said:

Um, yeah.  That was my point.

I don't get your point as it feeds off of MY point.

Regular Vauban STILL takes most players a huge amount of time, and is quite unreliable to obtain via farming.

Just now, achromos said:

I don't get your point as it feeds off of MY point.

Regular Vauban STILL takes most players a huge amount of time, and is quite unreliable to obtain via farming.

My point was that Vauban takes NO grinding.  It's a waiting game, which I have no problem with.  This is quite the opposite.

Between the resource grind attached that is making even veteran players groan, the fact that Nitain is time-sensitive/exclusive, and the piss-poor drop rate (though Stockholm Syndrome has acclimated us well enough to that), Vauban Prime is a frame that presents a daunting grind for newer players, and an annoying headache for veterans.

He's going to get built by the people who want him and the arguments flying back and forth will fade, but fact of the matter is that if you are trying to make your game feel a bit more accessible, the requirements that have been tossed up aren't a great way to go about it.

So, if you're married to the idea of Vooby P being so expensive and time-consuming, let's make Vanilla Vooby easier to pick up, yes? At least then players don't look at a frame and ask themselves if an extra level of time gating and random chance was really necessary for both.

28 minutes ago, achromos said:

FishNeedles...  calm down.  Tell me.  How do you get REGULAR vauban.  Try getting him in one day.

Now, tell me.. should the PRIME, the BETTER version of Vauban be obtainable within a single day?  This has little to NOTHING to do with 'screwing over everyone who cannot afford it'  It's keeping the difficulty consistant... Ironically Vauban PRIME still is easier to obtain then Regular vauban because you can ALWAYS have a shot at getting it daily.

Regular Vauban:
3 Alerts and/or Daily Log In Rewards.
105,000 Credits,
1 Orokin Cell, 1 Neural Sensor, 2 Gallium, 1 Control Module,
150 Polymer Bundles, 800 Rubedo, 1,000 Ferrite, 500 Salvage, 220 Plastids.
Rough Time investment - 1-3 Hours game time. (Plus the standard 84 hours build time) - Qualifier: Alerts may cause parts to be spread over some time.
Easily acquirable within 2 or so weeks, little to no actual time though. (Get an alert app on your phone, it'll tell you when)

Vauban Prime:
Farm: T2Sab, T3Sab, T3S:C, T4D:C
45,000 Credits,
20 Nitain, 1 Orokin Cell, 7,000 Oxium, 9,000 Cryotic, 2 Argon Crystal
16,000 Salvage, 8,000 Rubedo, 21,000 Alloy Plates, 5,000 Circuits.
Rough Time Investment - 12.5-21 (resources) + 8-16+ (parts) 20.5-37+ Hours game time (Plus the standard 84 hours build time) Qualifier: Based on rough averages, the min time is unlikely to be lower unless you already have all the materials (then you can knock off some to all time for Resources), but the upper could be 2-3 times that.

Now tell me. Unless you already have all the resources and/or do nothing else and get incredibly lucky is Vauban Prime attainable in 1 day?

To get this frame, for most people, would literally be a full time job.
It's achievable within 1-2 weeks, but you'll be putting in the hard slog in that time.

Edited by DarkOvion

1 hour ago, achromos said:

I did very little grinding.  I actually casually, passively scooped up his parts as timed went on after getting frustrated at missing a few of them.  If they made obtaining Vauban Prime any easier, they might as well just remove regular vauban.  Also, the grind ISN'T horrible.  Maybe I'm a wierdo that likes it, but tell me...

Outside of grinding...

What is there in warframe to do?

Nothing. The grind and farming is what keeps loot games alive.

You set yourself one objective and try to get it. The problem is: you may get obsessed and try to get it non-stop and it leads to furstration and burn-out.

In other news, here some sugary goodness: As a crazy experiment, I put a Quail egg in a nest of my Society Finch (6 males sleeping togheter, could not find a female to this day ._.) 15 or so days ago, and now a few minutes ago I hear something cheeping: The egg hatched.

I'm still with this stupid smile on my face.

Edited by Venom-Snake

I'm sorry, I'm pretty filthy casual, but I have every frame, and had every available prime, and felt pretty good about it. I will not be getting vauban prime. I have neither the resources, nor the time to go through the huge wall to get the blueprints and all of the resources. This is one frame I will do without. boycott out

6 minutes ago, friendofvampires said:

I'm sorry, I'm pretty filthy casual, but I have every frame, and had every available prime, and felt pretty good about it. I will not be getting vauban prime. I have neither the resources, nor the time to go through the huge wall to get the blueprints and all of the resources. This is one frame I will do without. boycott out

I'm a new player so I won't be able to get all the older primes and vaulted items easily but I still hope to build every available frame and weapon in the game. This being said I don't see a huge problem  with Vauban P. You just get the blueprints as usual and forget about it, play the game enjoy what you are doing and most of the resources will just come as you play the game.

Just now, Smetona said:

I'm a new player so I won't be able to get all the older primes and vaulted items easily but I still hope to build every available frame and weapon in the game. This being said I don't see a huge problem  with Vauban P. You just get the blueprints as usual and forget about it, play the game enjoy what you are doing and most of the resources will just come as you play the game.

It's not fun if you're desperate :(

11 minutes ago, friendofvampires said:

Agreed, its so annyoning. 

i agree i've been waiting for a long time to farm this vauban prime and i was really excited until i saw the nitain requirement... Oxium atleast you can go to missions whenever you want and farm it nitain is just a bunch of waiting :/

1 minute ago, Pratigious said:

I won't say Warframe is pay to win,but its pay for your convenience.If you wanna grind those resources and prime parts,go right ahead,may RNG bless you my fellow Tenno.

Same could have been said about old maplestory, where cubes could be crafted once a day, but in reality you need 300-500 cubes.

Compare Vauban with other primes, look at the difference. I personally believe that vauban's costs should be reduced by another 50-75% I mean 5000 circuits for systems? That is still kind of ridiculous no?

Please DE just please stop with the resource creep Q.q

http://imgur.com/g2x4LpY

^vauban's requirements

RIP soul

Edited by Brokenrune

5 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

It's kind of ridiculous how you can buy credits in the market with platinum but not Nitain.

its not even equivalent exchange...

Edited by Pratigious

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

They have to make the Prime more difficult to make than the default somehow.

Still it is RNG on top of grind, Vauban (normal) is just a waiting game :/. Honestly what I am really worried about is the goddamn resource creep.

Edited by Brokenrune

At first I didn't think it was so bad. But DE are requiring you to have it on everything! Anyone else a little bit salty about this? I find it disgusting DE actually put this in the game personally. I mean Vauban prime 20 extracts! Can we have them in the market at least? 

What if I can't log in at the exact time the alerts are up?

Edited by tripletriple