Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's building requirements are too high [Reply from DE]

(PSN)Arkel-99

I swear im the only poster that actually LIKES having reasons to play the game.

The game is grind. 

Im still waiting for some serious credit sinks already.  Its boring staying above 4mil credits without effort.

People also have to keep in mind that some new content is made with the intent to give new players long tern goals they can work towards while getting through the early game too. Its not all about pleasing vets that have everything and just want to try the latest toy ASAP- only to leave the game again after 2-3 hrs.

32 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I swear im the only poster that actually LIKES having reasons to play the game.

The game is grind. 

Im still waiting for some serious credit sinks already.  Its boring staying above 4mil credits without effort.

People also have to keep in mind that some new content is made with the intent to give new players long tern goals they can work towards while getting through the early game too. Its not all about pleasing vets that have everything and just want to try the latest toy ASAP- only to leave the game again after 2-3 hrs.

2-3 hours isn't an issue.

5-6 hours isn't an issue.

That's realistically going to run you 1-3 days of play for most people (1-3 hours of play a day, 3-5 days a week, likely resulting in 3-15 hours a week).

12-36+ hours, the equivalent of 2 to 5 working days, is an issue.

And that's after 7-14 hours has been knocked off by reducing the Oxium requirement.

I'm almost 2,000 hours in, and I don't want to put that much time into pointless, identical repetitive grind.

It is not fun to do.

It comes to a point, where it is pointless, repetitive tedium.

It is not a challenge, it is not even difficult, it's work..

I play games to take a break from work.

If my day has been spent focusing on pages of numbers and lines, renders, printing, of charts and prices, postage info and the mundane nature of being self-employed, I want something to distract and revitalise me, to challenge me and provide something exciting.

I find myself wanting to go back to work as a break from Warframes grind.

I want to open Solidworks and do more design work or Excel and do paperwork over how mundane Warframe becomes at this point, where Grind is mistaken for content.

That is not right.

Not right at all.

Vauban Prime, a frame I've been looking forward to for months, a source of optimism and making me look forward to getting and using, comes out, and the sheer grind it requires just makes me feel... tired.

The mundane hard grind needed to get it, saps my will to bother.

I personally, after the recent need of around 23,000 Cryotic, have no Cryotic, I barely have that much Oxium now its been halved... honestly
Vauban Prime:
Farm: T2Sab, T3Sab, T3S:C, T4D:C
45,000 Credits, 1 Orokin Cell, 7,000 Oxium, 16,000 Salvage, 8,000 Rubedo, 21,000 Alloy Plates, 5,000 Circuits.
7/20 Nitain, 43/9,000 Cryotic, 2 Argon Crystal
13 Alerts, 8967 Cryotic (Minimum 90 Extractors, 9,000 seconds + loading and travel time. That's a a minimum of 3 hours standing around, stopping things killing a thing. I was bored out of my skull having to get 5,000 for bloody Trinity Primes part)
And that's on top of the long winded Tedium of farming the parts in the first place.

This has been long and rambling, but I enjoy the game, I want things to do in it... but I want those things to be fun, not boring grind.

It's not exciting.

It doesn't make me, or anyone in our group want to do the things required to get it.

It's not worth it.

Edited by DarkOvion

2 hours ago, AurumandArgentum said:

The only thing I hate is that basically everything released after Nitain was added has to have Nitain.

I the wiki says its Methane or something like that.

Well damn, just plug a bag into the business end of a Tenno and there we go. No more farming.

EDIT: It appears AsBlueAsBlue and I are of like mind. Well done, sir.

Edited by Vesper3

5 hours ago, Mishuun said:

I seem to have more Infested and Corrupted kills than Corpus. Some people spend time in the void trying to get the new weapons and frames that are introduced.

And I've got about 9x as many grineer kills as corpus... annnd?

Not much I can add to this discussion, other than to say that I still think the crafting requirements are too high.

DE are increasing build costs too quickly, and it is obvious that we are being tested. Testing us is one thing if you can be subtle about it, and at least manage to send the message that you wish to treat your game and its players with care.

This is not subtle, and I don't blame people for being insulted. It feels very much like we are being manipulated. I've said this before: maybe that isn't true, but DE need to do a better job of making sure they send the right message.

A quick check of my account, which I'm sure is within easy reach for DE, will reveal that I won't have any trouble building the new prime items. I disapprove of these build requirements on principle. They do not make me want to play more; they make me want to play less. What's the point in "working hard" at a GAME when DE continues to devalue our hard work?

I think it's pointless time gated busy work.

But hey I don't play regularly anymore so if something requires Nitain I'm just going to ignore it and continue my exile.

Hilariously I actually have 16k Oxium so that wouldn't have been a problem with Clown Shoes prime.

Edited by Ziegrif

Sigh. And I was so looking forward to getting Vauban Prime too...I have reg Vauban parts lying around in my foundry that I haven't gotten around to building yet, but looks like I'm gonna be using him for a while. I'm a casual player and I've only got ~2000 oxium lying around. I'm not about to start seriously grinding for that stuff now..it just doesn't seem worth it to me at this point. I'm going to try to get the prime parts and hold off on building him for now but tbh i'm so turned off by the whole situation.

I figured getting the parts themselves was challenging enough, but this is just pushing my limits here. I can handle grinding for parts. At least that feel more rewarding than grinding for resources. But seriously, grinding for that long for rare oxium is where I'm drawing the line. I don't want to do it, it's not fun, and I want to have fun dammit!

I understand that this is the kind of thing that separates casual players from more hardcore players, but this isn't the way to get casual players more interested/enthusiastic about your game. I feel like DE is losing a lot of their audience by setting these kinds of standards. Not pleased.

It's unlikely that the amount enjoyment I get from playing with Vauban P will merit the resources + the time needed to gain the item drops.

Still, maybe DE can make it so that item costs are obscenely high the first week, and then gradually reduce to acceptable rates over the course of the prime access. When the prime access is about to end, the cost of the frame will be cut down significantly compared to what it cost in the first week it came out.

This way, DE allows people to pay for new_Prime/frame_Name to keep the exclusivity (which I'm assuming is the point of the high prices) and over time everyone else can get the frame as well, much more easily than they could on release.

It's just greed, plain and simple. It's an attempt to manipulate users into buying the expensive Prime Access to dodge the resource cost. Well guess what DE, your prime access which is essentially a skin(+50 armour on a CC frame whoopdie doo!) a stupid cloak and some pretty graphics I will barely notice while hurtling through a mission, is the same cost of an entire new game and since I can extract the same level of fun from the normal Vauban I already have, it's just a ridiculous expense. And quite frankly if this middle finger treatment is what they consider the best way to do things, my money and time will be spent enjoying other games from companies that show their customers respect. This is an awful business practice, it's about time they stopped the charade of it being a Beta game(excuses for all the constant bugs and lack of playtesting) and free2play because at this point, the game is way past that point, especially if you're a new player.

Edited by Zilchy

Not at all, I think Nitain limits frames and items to active players. You can purchase Nitain with plat if you need it quickly. 

Watch for Nitain alerts and you should be fine, the idea is to stack up on it before you need it.

8 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno!

We are adjusting Vauban Prime’s Chassis Oxium requirement from 14,000 to 7,000. We’re hoping that in halving the requirements you’ll have an easier time crafting our friendly neighborhood engineer.

As always thank you for voicing your concerns!

Part of the problem is that this happened to begin with.

I don't know what stat you guys are using to dictate crafting costs, but it's obviously woefully inaccurate.

from the other point of view - we could point upon lazynes of player that dont want to farm lots of resources. but lately its not the case.
imo the resources requirement should not be bigger/ heavier but more complex. 

Edited by Kracken

Oh wow, the salt is real in this thread.

I like the idea of having things that are difficult to Farm and/or Build. It's stupid that so many developers are dumbing down their Games so everybody is a "winner" nowadays, so i'm glad that i at least have some kind of challenge here, even if it only means to farm a bit longer but it's something. If you don't like it, don't get Vauban Prime, there's a normal Vauban out there too, i don't see the problem here. Nobody forces you to get it, nobody forces you to buy Prime Access, you WANT Vauban prime so do at least something for it, lol. /lol

3 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Oh wow, the salt is real in this thread.

I like the idea of having things that are difficult to Farm and/or Build. It's stupid that so many developers are dumbing down their Games so everybody is a "winner" nowadays, so i'm glad that i at least have some kind of challenge here, even if it only means to farm a bit longer but it's something. If you don't like it, don't get Vauban Prime, there's a normal Vauban out there too, i don't see the problem here. Nobody forces you to get it, nobody forces you to buy Prime Access, you WANT Vauban prime so do at least something for it, lol. /lol

But it's not difficult.

It's just tedious.

It's not hard, it's just slogging through 10-30+ hours of mindless crap.

Im personally confused on why so much nitain *^*

like even to build the BP nitain? like that isnt really traditional im fine with the nitains on chass/systems/helm but, like DE' is going overboard with the nitain.

inb4 fairy fraime req 60 nitain and 50k Oxium.

-called it-

Please DE just cut down the nitain requirement it's counter productive. instead of making me farm for parts its making me want to not play until there's a nitain alert. when you come out with new stuff people want you should let them obtain it. the oxium is fine i wouldnt have even minded 14k but 20 nitain is the worst thing ive seen in this entire game.

3 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

But it's not difficult.

It's just tedious.

It's not hard, it's just slogging through 10-30+ hours of mindless crap.

That might be true, but at least people have to do SOMETHING to get it. Most people in this thread just seem to want the requirements to be like 1 Forma, 10.000 Credits and 1 Rubedo and then they complain that they already reached endgame content and got nothing else to do because everything is easy to get and they just burn through any new content in an hour. I personally would wish for every Item to be as hard to obtain as Vauban Prime so you have to do SOME work to get what you want, instead of rushing 5 Missions to get everything you need. Over-exaggerated but still.

It was never that big a deal to me, but now i don't have the same ammount of time to play as i used to and they want 20 NITAIN FOR VAUBAN PRIME. Now i just wish they would remove it. I was excited about farming vauban this week but now i almost don't even want to play because theres no reliable way for me to work towards it.

15 minutes ago, Edge_Hog said:

Not at all, I think Nitain limits frames and items to active players. You can purchase Nitain with plat if you need it quickly. 

Watch for Nitain alerts and you should be fine, the idea is to stack up on it before you need it.

you cannot purchase nitain with plat...

Im surprised this topic hasnt gone up in the forums yet.

So a few weeks ago, i remember seeing a forum thread about "Possible absurdities for farming vauban prime" (dont remember the link. a post to the link will be appreciated.) 

Now that we got it, and that we can all agree that some of the farming requirements are absurd, how trolled were you in a scale of meh(0) to %@&#!(10)?

Personally, i give it a 5 (3 if it wasnt for the oxiums and the rarity of sabotage keys) since i thought id might have to get another set of regular vauban parts from alerts.

Side note: wheres a good place to farm sabotage keys? hierarchon keeps giving me t4md and defenses.