Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain and a potential way to farm better

I know that Nitain Extract drops from alerts and the new sabotage 2.0, but even then i still think that the drop rate is pretty low, especially for veteran players who are part of clans that are already at higher tier levels (e.g. wukong blueprint needs around 70 Nitain for a storm clan, i cant remember very well but i know it was around that when it first came out). After the post from [DE]Drew about how there is a balance between the RNG drops for void items and the whole resource problem (which most new players are suffering from when it comes to crafting the vauban prime chassis), However with future updates to the star map, maybe DE can make a new tileset that allows nitain to drop more frequently. For example if there is going to be a new planet tileset, why not make nitain extract one of the major drops in missions like excavations. cause according to the description of the resource it was made through "painstaking effort" by collecting "sea-vent dwelling microorganisms". So even if there is no new planet tileset maybe DE could make an excavation on the uranus sea labs which can drop Nitain Extract alongside the void keys that would drop on any normal excavations. Let me know what you think but i have to say DE its worth looking into.

Nitain probably won't be seeing to many increases to drop chance.  It's a resource they don't WANT us to farm easily.  Argon serves a similar purpose, being a resource you flat out CAN'T horde, and Oxium's limited drop rate helps keep the amount of it in circulation down.

I've heard people say it's sort of a "spend money or spend time, your choice" kind of deal, but the problem is you can't even buy Nitain with platinum.

Nitain is the only crafting material not sold in the Market. While I'd absolutely despise myself for doing it, I would buy Nitain from the market (as long as it was relatively cheap, like 20p each tops) because it would honestly be more time efficient to farm prime sets and sell them in the trading chat to buy Nitain than it would be to wait for alerts (and I've come to the conclusion that Nitain might as well not drop from Reactor Sabotages).

(In fact, I feel like it would actually be more time-efficient to literally work for the amount of hours it would take to buy the $50 Prime Access than it would to actually wait for the stupid alerts)

10 minutes ago, FloppyEaredGoatChild said:

I've heard people say it's sort of a "spend money or spend time, your choice" kind of deal, but the problem is you can't even buy Nitain with platinum.

The "spend money" is the Prime Access package; no need to farm Nitain if you just buy Vauban Prime outright

1 hour ago, FloppyEaredGoatChild said:

Nitain is the only crafting material not sold in the Market. While I'd absolutely despise myself for doing it, I would buy Nitain from the market (as long as it was relatively cheap, like 20p each tops) because it would honestly be more time efficient to farm prime sets and sell them in the trading chat to buy Nitain than it would be to wait for alerts (and I've come to the conclusion that Nitain might as well not drop from Reactor Sabotages).

(In fact, I feel like it would actually be more time-efficient to literally work for the amount of hours it would take to buy the $50 Prime Access than it would to actually wait for the stupid alerts)

I quite agree to that statement, it would be more time efficient if Nitain Extracts could be bought in the market, but in some ways it has its drawbacks because as [DE]Drew said in a post not that long ago, warframe would lose its crafting aspect if the resources were to drop in a common matter. However in the very same post he aslo said that with the high demand of resources, it brings a sense of worth to the things you're crafting. But with Nitain, i feel like im being "spoon fed" when it comes to it because of how i mostly get it from alerts. Take a look at Nitain v.s. Argon, Nitain mostly appears on alerts whereas argon can be farmed in the void and the odd alert. Putting Nitain into the drop tables of a potential sea-lab (underwater) excavation could prove a good way to farm it. As for the previous comments it technically isnt making Nitain a common drop cause of how the potential drop chance for Nitain on such an excavation mission would have to go up against the drop chances of the void keys that would also drop, and if i remember correctly the uranus tileset drops keys from T2 and T3 for all void mission types. Bearing that in mind, while it may increase the drop chance for Nitain by a small bit, it works well with the games "do it yourself" vibe that i get from playing it.

What they try to avoid is players coming only when a new weapon/frame is released, craft it, level it and then leave the game until the next weapon/frame come out because they have enough resources to craft hundreds of items. Argon is too common to be an effective time wall.

With nitain you have to log and play the game on a regular basis or else you will have to either wait x days before having the required nitain cost or buy the item/prime access.

that why i don't expect nitain to be farmable anytime soon.

nitain aside, the increase in resource costs (oxyum, cryotic etc) is a bad idea.

Edited by Gilmaesh

Nitain is a gate resource. Vets either have the other mats or can get it in one night, so to prevent returnees from leaving in one day, the resource will be rare in the world.

If you want the frame now, Prime Access is for you. If you're a F2P player or like something to farm for, you'll get Nitain while farming the frame (as you'll be around for the alerts to do so).

For those in larger clans and wanting more Nitain to open all the research, get them to contribute ... why the mat costs are higher in larger clans, more people who can farm.

Nitain just needs to be a drop in other places. 5% in Sabotage is a start, but it could be put in other places, such as spy Vaults, sorties etc. reducing the amount that it takes to build things slightly would also be a great help.

if DE want to prove that they really ARE reducing the Grind (which they aren't currently), the best place to start would be with Nitain.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Nitain just needs to be a drop in other places. 5% in Sabotage is a start, but it could be put in other places, such as spy Vaults, sorties etc. reducing the amount that it takes to build things slightly would also be a great help.

if DE want to prove that they really ARE reducing the Grind (which they aren't currently), the best place to start would be with Nitain.

Nitain isn't about grinding more, it's to entice you to play more.

And it's not hard to come by, there are a minimum of 4 garenteed missions spread through the 24 hour period meaning you should have plenty by now unless you are new then it is a non issue.

21 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Nitain isn't about grinding more, it's to entice you to play more.

..and it completely fails at this, as once you have the Nitain, there's nothing else to do. if DE want more people to play, they need to add more activities, not time walls. that just puts people off.

22 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

And it's not hard to come by, there are a minimum of 4 garenteed missions spread through the 24 hour period meaning you should have plenty by now unless you are new then it is a non issue.

you're right, it isn't hard to come by, but it could be a lot easier. I'm not asking for it to be removed, just to have more options as to how we can get it. then it's up to us if we can be bothered with alternative options, or if we would rather wait for the alerts. and wouldn't putting it in Spy Vaults etc. make more people play them, and thus play the game more?

10 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

..and it completely fails at this, as once you have the Nitain, there's nothing else to do. if DE want more people to play, they need to add more activities, not time walls. that just puts people off.

you're right, it isn't hard to come by, but it could be a lot easier. I'm not asking for it to be removed, just to have more options as to how we can get it. then it's up to us if we can be bothered with alternative options, or if we would rather wait for the alerts. and wouldn't putting it in Spy Vaults etc. make more people play them, and thus play the game more?

There are already good reasons to play spy missions. The mods and the Ivara parts, I actually need to play them more myself since I'm missing some mods.

But DE has been trying to make things better but for vets who have been around for a while and have large stock piles of stuff there is only so much they can do, they make thing expensive people cry...

I mean look at every time we get something new? People still cry because some can't instantly craft it.

It's all about supply and demand. Basic marketing plan they have here. Sure it might piss off a vocal minority or sorts (see forums) but most people will just accept the way of the nitain and just deal with it. Sort of how we kinda just suck up and deal with the horrible drop chance for some parts/mods. (What was it like .5% for those manaic mods?)

11 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

There are already good reasons to play spy missions. The mods and the Ivara parts, I actually need to play them more myself since I'm missing some mods.

But DE has been trying to make things better but for vets who have been around for a while and have large stock piles of stuff there is only so much they can do, they make thing expensive people cry...

I mean look at every time we get something new? People still cry because some can't instantly craft it.

people will always criticize DE when they up crafting requirements, nobody can stop that from happening. I think the main reason why this happens is because DE keep making sinks for materials that have to be more actively farmed, such as Oxium or Nitain, whilst they do nothing for the millions of alloy Plate and other resources that are abundant for vets. there's no real sinks for these materials other than clan research, and that only rolls around on occasion as new weapon Blueprints can be put in the market instead. I'm willing to bet that there'd be fewer, if any, complaints about needing a lot of alloy plate to build something.

we have sinks, they just happen to be the wrong ones is all. but I understand your point, and I know what it's like to be bored.

12 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

True i think that Nitain should have more options as to how it drops, maybe they could put it in the drop tables of the Uranus spy, sabotage, defense, or survival tiles but not increase its drop chance so its a guaranteed drop but it would have to go up against other rewards that could drop on the same rotation. It would make it farmable but not to the point where returnees (as SilvaDreams said) would leave in a day because it would be a matter of "luck of the draw" when it comes to the RNG potentially dropping nitain on such missions, as it would be the same with the prime parts in the void as you never know when the desired item will drop, sometimes they drop right away and sometimes it may not drop for days.

Edited by GRIFFONP

Ok, i can understand that Nitain extract its very uncommon drop on reactor sabotage missions, but common i have been for 4 days farming this resource in reactor sabotage mission i have done like 80 runs with all the crates and not a single nitain extract and not a single xyphos part... Does anybody know if theres any problem with this drops on the ps4?

I think the issue with Nitain, is that it's not something you can actively farm for.

When I was building many new warframes, I found that I was short on orokin cells, so I did some research, and then killed sargas ruk a couple of times to get the cells I needed to start the crafting.

I have never suffered from being short on Nitain, but if I did, I think I would be pretty frustrated, since there would be no immediate action I could do to fix it. ship sabotage drops nitain at an extremely low rate, to the point of it not being worth it. and that's the issue. If you find yourself short on nitain, you can't really do much about it beyond wait.

Edited by Obviousclone
wrong word

It's comes on alert enough that it's not too bad imo, maybe one every 2 hours it feels like. That said the problem is going to be the increasing need of them. Like someone else said, if they want me to get more than like 5 or some for one item I sure won't make it a priority to get it. Same with Oxium, 8-12 a kill and some items cost like what, 7,000 to make now. Not making that a farm priority until the next x2 drop rate event.  

Edited by valkerion77

Day 5 of reactor sabotage running i only got 1 nitain extract of like 90 succesfull runs i just need one to complete my vauban, why not make it tradable or why not aument the drop rate.... I will continue run the sabotage of pluto if someone knows a reactor sabotage that have a better drop chance just tell because i dont know the drop rate but its obviously not 5% because if its 5% that means if you run 100 times you must get like 4 to 5... So if someone know the real drop rate plz inform...

I get how people get the impression that Nitain Extract is a resource that shouldn't be farmed and i understand that, but with all of the new equipment (excluding Stradavar), there is an ever increasing demand for the Nitain Extracts so it is basically a matter of time before the demand for them is greater than the rate they drop from the alerts and the Sabotage 2.0. put together. The change i propose not only could potentially help active players farm them (not as fast as resources like argon) but also allow players who haven't played warframe since the introduction of the resource to gather the required amounts of Nitain no matter what their situation is. For example if a player who hasnt been online for 6 months, they go online and see all the equipment and their demand for Nitain Extract, they might just get put off the resource altogether, and with nothing else to do in the game (provided they have already maxed out the rest of the equipment) there really is no reason for them to continue playing the game (especially if they are part of a moon clan and they still have to research wukong, sydon, and dual toxicyst). Personally if i was in that situation i would feel so overwhelmed that I would more than likely say "screw this i cant be bothered building these when they require a resource that i have never even heard off, and in such high amounts that it could take me months or possibly years to gather the needed amount".