Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 2: ...& more Warframe Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

30 minutes ago, CptKornflake said:

Said better than I ever could have

Looking at every post in this thread and seeing which ones have been ignored and which ones have been supported, it seems that there is an underlying theme.

Players who actually play endgame content do not want this nerf, and no pluto is not endgame. Instead it has been suggested multiple times that enemy scaling gets a look at, because nerfing frames without touching scaling would make any mission over lvl80 impossible.

I think it will be interesting to see whether or not DE actually goes through with these nerfs, or listens to the community like they said they would.

As a vet who has been playing since U7 launched, and can only play endgame at this point, I want these changes to happen.

However, enemy scaling also needs to be looked at. As do other frames so they can be on par with the top tier frames.

The way I see it, this is only step 1 for DE and that they will look into step 2 and 3 of the overall issue in time.

Development takes time, and with them already working on U19 with the huge overhauls within it such as the starchart and damage 3.0 it will take them awhile being a small company. Hell, damage 3.0 might even address enemy scaling.

As someone who mains Excal and plays him for hours of tower survivals, I can't care less about waves to be honest. Waves fall off really quickly, what makes Excal strong is his close-up damage potential, big part of which comes from Spin Blind. While reducing waves damage might fix some problems for early content, adding energy cost on Spin Blind will heavily nerf Excal in the very category the changes want him to move - close-up melee combat. And please, no finishers on Spin Blind. That would be awful.

I would love a more complex rework for sure, something along the lines of

however I do understand that's too much of work for a single frame.

And for God's sake, DE - give him a Charge Attack already.

1 minute ago, GreyEnneract said:

The way I see it, this is only step 1 for DE and that they will look into step 2 and 3 of the overall issue in time.

It would be nice though, to see the one single sentence "In light of recent frame changes, we are looking into enemy health and damage scaling to ensure the game remains balanced." or something similar.  I feel like that would do a lot to quell the urge to run for pitchforks, torches, and placards.

Just now, LegionCynex said:

Chuold someone explain this "Trin nerf" to me please, I don't understand whats been nerfed.

Everything. Since bless trins usually play narrow minded to maintain a somewhat high duration, it will kill the range....Yes, it has RANGE now.

Just now, (PS4)Cwellann said:

It would be nice though, to see the one single sentence "In light of recent frame changes, we are looking into enemy health and damage scaling to ensure the game remains balanced." or something similar.  I feel like that would do a lot to quell the urge to run for pitchforks, torches, and placards.

That is true.

What would you do for example though to quell enemy scaling?

7 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Chuold someone explain this "Trin nerf" to me please, I don't understand whats been nerfed.

Bless wasn't related to distance, now you will need* to use range mods instead of duration. You will have a bless that will last less, will only work on allies inside range and the damage reduction will take into account the average health of players, not the lowest one. So you will hardly get 99% bless again.

* Not confirmed, maybe will be no way to increase the 50m range.

Edited by -GV--Mazzuco

6 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Everything. Since bless trins usually play narrow minded to maintain a somewhat high duration, it will kill the range....Yes, it has RANGE now.

Ahh, thank you IceCold & -GV--Mazzuco

So I'm assuming that, the Int-Heals of Shields & HP, have a range now?, so its not just press and you heal your team fully to max?, regardless of where they are?, Damm, Im really disappointed in this change. I really am, I love Trin Prime, shes my 2nd Main (or will be when I build her up).

But this?, I'm very scared what they will do to my Ash Prime, Main, this is worrisome.

Also, chuold someone explain to me, what this Affinity range is?, is it Affinity based on your MR?, or your frames rank?, What?

For the Damage Reduction, didn't blessing give warframes a few secs of Invertibility?, this is a quite big of a nerf too.  

Edit: Well, this is just terrible!, what is going on?

Good god, this is going to really damage DE and Warframe

Edited by LegionCynex
Edits

8 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

(If I understand correctly)

Instead of DR based on lowest health, now is the square of the team's average health%. 

So, if trin has 1% health left, but the other 3 teammates have 75% health left:

Previous DR would have been 99%

New DR is 68.1% 

(1+75+75+75)/4 = average team health % = 56.5%, squared is 31.9%, so DR is 68.1%

So, it scales best when the entire team is almost dead. And teammates must be in affinity range (within 50m, will be indicated on hud). 

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz

1 minute ago, -GV--Mazzuco said:

Bless wasn't related to distance, now you will need to use range mods instead of duration. You will have a bless that will last less, will only work on allies inside range and the damage reduction will take into account the average health of players, not the lowest one. So you will hardly get 99% bless anymore.

So now no more Bless Trinity except maybe in defense missions where people want EVs anyway? Nice, DE turned the healer into an energy battery. No more heals, just EV EV EV to oblivion.

3 minutes ago, -GV--Mazzuco said:

Bless wasn't related to distance, now you will need to use range mods instead of duration. You will have a bless that will last less, will only work on allies inside range and the damage reduction will take into account the average health of players, not the lowest one. So you will hardly get 99% bless again.

Even if the range does scale with mods, 50 base range is absolutely gigantic.

Honestly, what is wrong with you. 

Edited by GreyEnneract

All these frames being nerfed and Loki isn't one of them? I guess DE really does believe in Loki master race. Welp, guess i'll just be using him and pressing 2 all day to waltz my way through any mission I want. Nothing unbalanced or broken about that or anything.

12 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Well, like I said, for those of us that have settled into how these Warframes currently function, change will be hard. Of course the knee-jerk reaction is to cry 'no! no! no!' but part of me knows that this is for the best. I'm going to try and approach it with an open mind and give it some time to sink in.

The only part that's really concerning for me is the 'ramping up' on Valkyr's energy cost. Currently, it's very cheap to keep toggles running, and it's not hard to maintain Artemis Bow, World on Fire, Maim, whatever for an entire mission. Especially considering how these powers interact with Energy Conversion, they're quite powerful. I'm really worried that 'ramping up' energy cost will be applied to more - if not all - toggles in the future. Hopefully it just stays on Valkyr.

Yeah, a very good point here.

With Zenurik's Energy Overflow passive, you don't even have to worry about Ivara's Artemis Bow, since you can regen energy faster than you use it with max efficiency. (170% or so)

This may be the beginning of something huge though, guess we'll have to wait and see.

21 minutes ago, UpgradeInProgress said:

It hasn't been stated if the range will scale with mods. Don't spread misinformation.

You're right, i shouldn't have said it in a factual way. It could just as well be a set range.

Edited by IceColdHawk
removed fail

1 minute ago, LegionCynex said:

Ahh, thank you IceCold.

So I'm assuming that, the Int-Heals of Shields & HP, have a range now?, so its not just press and you heal your team fully to max?, regardless of where they are?, Damm, Im really disappointed in this change. I really am, I love Trin Prime, shes my 2nd Main (or will be when I build her up).

But this?, I'm very scared what they will do to my Ash Prime, Main, this is worrisome.

Also, chuold someone explain to me, what this Affinity range is?, is it Affinity based on your MR?, or your frames rank?, What?

For the Damage Reduction, didn't blessing give warframes a few secs of Invertibility?, this is a quite big of a nerf too.   

To my understanding, it's an indicator that tells you how many are near you with in 50m 

9 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

If everyone has 50% health remaining, you get a 50% DR. If you have 50% remaining, but the rest of the team has 100% remaining, you would get like 25% DR.

2 minutes ago, -Mr.Meeseeks- said:

All these frames being nerfed and Loki isn't one of them? I guess DE really does believe in Loki master race. Welp, guess i'll just be using him and pressing 2 all day to waltz my way through any mission I want. Nothing unbalanced or broken about that or anything.

This ^

1 minute ago, Webby_Frame said:

More Warframes to the cemetery.

Also This ^

Just now, Wolfnrun said:

To my understanding, it's an indicator that tells you how many are near you with in 50m 

That sounds, pertty cool, if i'm going to be honest.

It tells you if your allies are near by and need the healz, but I have to ask, does it still heal shields to max as well?

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

It would be the first ability that comes to my mind which has a range not scaling with mods. But you're right, i shouldn't have said it in a factual way. It could just as well be a set range.

It was already the first ability with infinite range. Which was ridiculous.

1 minute ago, LegionCynex said:

How big is that excaly?, sorry for the maths qeastion, but 50 does sound quite big.

50 base range is still the largest range in the game.