The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Actually Like Most of the Balance Changes

Blue_Robot

As the title says. The update brought about some needed changes to some unbalanced skills, and I am loving most of them.

-So loving Volt's rework, especially the riot shield and speed FOV reduction. I can now actually use Speed :D

-Trinity's global heal didn't really make all that sense to be before. Thanks to the change, squads will have to stick together in order to get that sweet Blessing, or will have a riskier take in case the they decide to split up on objectives. 50m is a pretty generous range, and most Trinities will be running with more range anyway. also, Self damaging blessings aren't as effective now.

-Hysteria, despite consuming more energy over time, can still be fairly easily maintained, a lot more so if used in short bursts. If you want to maintain it for longer duration, do your best to kill enemies (go berserk!) for those energy orbs.  Also, the damage mitigation mechanic makes it feel like it really is a berserker skill, not a tanking/immortality/reviving skill.

-Exalted Blade now does less damage over distance. Hell, it should be like in conclave in the first place - shorter range. Not sure why they won't implement that in PVE.

-Mirage can no longer lock down entire maps, which made quite a number of missions trivial.

-I'm not too fond of the Mag changes though. At first, I thought Polarize was a one-man CP thing. Unfortunately, it only takes away a flat amount of armor, and not in %. Also, the synergy with magnetize + crush doesn't seem to be effective, since you are limited to only 4 targets.

-Mesa got a straight up buff, but I would have preferred it if she could move while in her peacemaker stance, much like the other frames in their "Exalted" ults (but I understand that the peacemaker animations will go to waste if so).

I feel like DE is slowly shaping up the game really nicely bit by bit, and I do have faith that right at the end of its "beta" o_o, we'll have a pretty balanced game overall.

Regarding the passives though, some of them feel a bit lackluster, and I feel would really need some changes or buffs.

What do you guys think? Anybody else loving the changes the update came with?

You forget the part where you now take damage when  Hysteria  runs out - imagine high lvl survival/def - impossible to clear out the 20m area around you. A scrambus or eximus or nullifier or bursa etc comes - wipes energy/skill - you take full damage.

I agree. The game was way too easy before. It probably still is, but it's nice that they are taking steps to remove press 4 to win strategies. Every frame that got nerfed deserved it, as they trivialized any mission they were in. (Looking at you Valkyr, Mirage..)

Not sure what to think of most of the passives.. I'm just every frame has one now.

1 minute ago, Ketec said:

You forget the part where you now take damage when  Hysteria  runs out - imagine high lvl survival/def - impossible to clear out the 20m area around you. A scrambus or eximus or nullifier or bursa etc comes - wipes energy/skill - you take full damage.

Thus Valkyr becomes a true berserker. Berserkers are usually high-risk classes in most games, and pre-update, there just wasn't any risk at all. Now you'll have to tactically decide on going "berserk" in different situations.

I'll stay positive for now.

Like the idea of Mesa's buffs. (No testing)

Volts "riot shield" is great, though I wish it was closer to the size of the original shield. (Because Overwatch)

Trinity, yes I agree that it didn't make much sense that it's heals everywhere from anywhere. Though I don't get the thought behind blessing. (I hear it's 76% with 2 health if you're the only one damaged)

(Not sure if it's capped or not. Please tell me if it's not) I find that they should have added 50m as a base range rather than a capped amount.

I agree with Valkyrs Hysteria energy cost (per second) increase over time, but not the damage with being with Line of sight at the end. Solo, it's a possible suicide ability now.

Mirage. Don't agree 100% with adding the need for Line of sight, but I do understand. But I believe she will barely be used now. I am also expecting a Soundquake nerf anytime now.

Edit: Oh wait, there's still super multishot Mirage for now...

Edited by Madway7

2 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Trinity, yes I agree that it didn't make much sense that it's heals everywhere from anywhere. Though I don't get the thought behind blessing. (I hear it's 76% with 2 health if you're the only one damaged)

(Not sure if it's capped or not. Please tell me if it's not) I find that they should have added 50m as a base range rather than a capped amount.

I agree with Valkyrs Hysteria energy cost (per second) increase over time, but not the damage with being with Line of sight at the end. Solo, it's a possible suicide ability now.

We can still easily achieve a 99% blessing solo, although a lot harder while in a group. From what I understand, Blessing will now take into consideration ALL of the squad's missing health. Regarding the 50m range though, I only assumed it's affected by range. Regardless, 50m is still a pretty good number for heals.

Also, Valkyr's sustained damage will still be negated, provided there are no enemies within the growing radius. The longer you stay in Hysteria, the larger it grows. so if you spent so much time on berserking, you'll have to get away from the enemies farther if you want to deactivate it safely.

9 minutes ago, Green_Alien said:

We can still easily achieve a 99% blessing solo, although a lot harder while in a group. From what I understand, Blessing will now take into consideration ALL of the squad's missing health. Regarding the 50m range though, I only assumed it's affected by range. Regardless, 50m is still a pretty good number for heals.

Also, Valkyr's sustained damage will still be negated, provided there are no enemies within the growing radius. The longer you stay in Hysteria, the larger it grows. so if you spent so much time on berserking, you'll have to get away from the enemies farther if you want to deactivate it safely.

Ok thanks for the info on blessing.

I read that it takes the shared affinity range (which is 50m), so I assumed this means that it doesn't have it's own range, but that it just works off that.

I mainly used Vallyr for ODS and Grinneer survival, which at some point it will to too risky to shut it on/off especially in the sorties and ODS after about 15 - 20 minutes since it's hard to get a break from being attacked let alone sighted.

Edited by Madway7

Pretty sure Blessing's range is a fixed number.  Still, 50m is the distance you get EXP share at, so if you aren't getting EXP from a trinity's kill, you're out of range.

It's almost as if the devs want us all to stick together in this team based game \0/

So in one Update DE killed :

Mag , Excalibur, mirage , also killed a trinity , Mesa got a minor boost that all

If you enjoy killing many frame in one update then this update is the best you could get ,that would explain why we get this week end boost like usual , major nerf is follow by prize & boost 

Edited by Chaosdreamer

1 minute ago, Madway7 said:

I mainly used Vallyr for ODS and Grinneer survival, which at some point it will to too risky to shut it on/off especially in the sorties and ODS after about 15 - 20 minutes since it's hard to get a break from being attacked.

The sustained damage from Hysteria is still a little sketchy to me. There seems to be a reduction in the damage accumulated based on the % of Hysteria duration. Seems like you take the full amount of accumulated damage if you deactivate it near an enemy if it's at 100%.

29 minutes ago, Ketec said:

Buuuuuullet juuuuuuuummp

- Volt will be amazing for me, just for the riot shield alone. payback time for Shield Lancers.

- Trinity didn't need to be nerfed. or have we all forgotten she is a SUPPORT frame? it's fine to have that 50m revive if your team are intelligent enough to stick together, but what about that one guy that acts like Rambo and goes of on his own? Trinity can't help them now, which makes her a less effective support. I understand the Damage resistance part being a bit powerful, but now she's going to be Oberon with less damage and CC.. and people are happy about this?

- fine with Valkyr as long as she doesn't dump energy like Chroma does with his Ult. if she does, bye bye Valkyr. if it's a fair efficiency reduction then fine. not sure how to feel about taking damage after hysteria though.

- Mirage will probably be fine, people can still just spam energy pads auntil everything is blind, or get team-mates to lure unaffected targets into LoS. there's at least a way around it.

- I hope Mag's rework is good, and that shield Polarize is still effective, but not nuke-like against enemies.

38 minutes ago, Green_Alien said:

-Mesa got a straight up buff, but I would have preferred it if she could move while in her peacemaker stance, much like the other frames in their "Exalted" ults (but I understand that the peacemaker animations will go to waste if so).

i would like for her to be able to doge and bullet jump at least, i think there is a pvp mod that do that and pve should add that (but not as a mod)

For the nerfs, most of them were completely justified. Excalibur needed to get close up (why not the sword does does more damage than the waves), Valkyr got a bit too mind dead, Mirage needed it for the longest time. Excalibur and Valkyr nerfs might have gone too far (Excal's spin cost for sure is dumb), but we can only be sure after testing.

Trinity is the only one I find questionable. The damage reduction based on averages amongst the entire squad can cause inconsistensies. I had actually suggested a different way to do it in my own topic.

I've heard bad things about Mag and Volt, but all of the arguments have all been about damage, so it may be good down the road when people adjust.

Edited by R34LM

5 minutes ago, LilithLovett said:

I love eating raw sewage too.

I'm sorry, but if you're just here to be all toxic about it, it would be better for you to leave.

2 minutes ago, Chaosdreamer said:

Mag , Excalibur, mirage 

If you enjoy killing many frame in one update then this update is the best you could get ,that would explain why we get this week end boost like usual , major nerf is follow by prize & boost 

Excal could basically kill things at way extended ranges using a sword. Mirage could lock down entire maps with little energy costs. Mag... well... I kind of question the changes there.

2 minutes ago, R34LM said:

I've heard bad things about Mag and Volt, but all of the arguments have all been about damage, so it may be good down the road when people adjust.

I haven't tested Volt that extensively yet regarding his 1 and 4, but the simple addition of the ability to pick up his shield is pretty awesome.

Mag though. I think they should take a second look at her. 

Since DE is getting rid of all the cheese, maybe damage and scaling will be looked at next.

It's nice to see changes that encourage thinking.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's fine to have that 50m revive if your team are intelligent enough to stick together, but what about that one guy that acts like Rambo and goes of on his own?

Maybe players like that will finally learn that running into the middle of an enemy group is not a good idea. Having a frame that reduces risk to zero is poor design.

I agree that spin cost is bad. Spin blind should not be a thing at all, or should be active only while channeling.

Just now, Green_Alien said:

I'm sorry, but if you're just here to be all toxic about it, it would be better for you to leave.

Excal could basically kill things at way extended ranges using a sword. Mirage could lock down entire maps with little energy costs. Mag... well... I kind of question the changes there.

Wait? I gotta be a White Knight ? I'm here to be Toxic , If there is good stuff to say , there is some bad need'ed don't forget it , this is also a balance of thing 

So you find it's good that the best power of these frames got nerfed? Atleast if they get nerfed something to replace the damage lost would be fine ,I don't really care since all these nerfed that I do not play much , but for the people who enjoy it ? I guess they're are evil or bad players ? Well they find others frames that is not nerfed for now .

Just remember if your favorite frame is not in the list of "balanced"  Nerfed it will be later , just a matter of time

43 minutes ago, Ketec said:

That's why DE needs to seriously look up enemies next, their disposition, cheap moves made even cheaper in combination (hook + tar/ hook + ice eximus and many others).

All enemies made to counter cheapness with cheapness were left cheap while ours were rightfully so removed.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

2 minutes ago, Chaosdreamer said:

Wait? I gotta be a White Knight ? I'm here to be *****

Better re-phrase that before a Mod sees this.

On the terms of Excal, I went to test him a bit. Since I'm more or less always at medium to punching range of enemies, I didnt see much difference in EB.

23 minutes ago, Chaosdreamer said:

Mag , Excalibur, mirage , also killed a trinity , Mesa got a minor boost that all

DE killed nothing. They made the game better.

7 minutes ago, Chaosdreamer said:

Wait? I gotta be a White Knight ? I'm here to be Toxic , If there is good stuff to say , there is some bad need'ed don't forget it , this is also a balance of thing 

So you find it's good that the best power of these frames got nerfed? Atleast if they get nerfed something to replace the damage lost would be fine ,I don't really care since all these nerfed that I do not play much , but for the people who enjoy it ? I guess they're are evil or bad players ? Well they find others frames that is not nerfed for now .

Just remember if your favorite frame is not in the list of "balanced"  Nerfed it will be later , just a matter of time

Lol Valkyr is actually my most used frame. And I love the change. So, your point?

If you do enjoy a broken game mechanic, then that's fine and you'll have to enjoy it while it lasts. Especially if the game's developers take pride in their work.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)DanteVincent said:

That's why DE needs to seriously look up enemies next, their disposition, cheap moves made even cheaper in combination (hook + tar/ hook + ice eximus and many others).

All enemies made to counter cheapness with cheapness were left cheap while ours were rightfully so removed.

This.

It's awesome that DE is very conscious about frame balance, but enemy balance needs some tweaking too. For example, I still cannot find a good reason why null bubbles shrink at a fixed rate.