Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's Loving the MR Capacity Change?

ssh83

As an MR 19, now I can actually play effectively with new weapons while ranking it up in lvl 30 missions right off the bat.  It really made ranking up weapons a lot more fun and greatly increase replay-ability.  It's also causing a lot less hate when I bring a unrank weapon anywhere. lol  Too bad I already ranked up most stuff since i'm MR 19... 

Though I'm wondering for players with lower MR.  They'd have more opportunities to take advantage of this but they'd also have way less starting capacity.  I imagine having anything below MR 10 doesn't do much and you'd still have to carry that weapon via passive affinity gain for a while.

I'm hoping they can tweak the system just slightly so that we'd gain weapon rank + MR rank (still max at 30/60), so that players with lower MR rank will still gain meaningful benefit.  A +5 might sound weak, but since getting to rank 7 is really quick, it means even low MR players will get usable weapon really quick as well.  It'd also mean that we can use a weapon at max capacity while not "wasting" affinity if we can get max capacity before max rank.

What do you guys think?

They open the opportunity for weapons to stop level them up on draco.

On frames is just a total disaster.

Anyway in the end is the same amount of grind and farm if you want to slap 4 forma into a weapon.

Also is not really helping this change, people wanted the weapons and frames to be exactly the same level as your MR after forma...

Its a great change. It finally gives some incentive to having a high mastery rank now that has a decent function and benefit. Instead of just being a "I have everything in game" status. Also means people who are lower levels who are starting out new weapons who aren't as experienced with the game will be able to mod up a bit more adequately whilst using off the foundry gear.

Edited by Cmdr-A

to say the true its great

it also keep the progress feeling for frames since stats still level up with frame rank

I hope the mandatory mod rework  will allow us to have that feeling of progress with weapons as well and reinforce it for frames

meanwhile the mod capacity still allow us to do the job while lvling

Edited by Tsoe

I was thinking about the weapon getting levels according to your Mastery Rank but this is better. It would make the game a little too easy to level up everything and it doesn't affect weapons trading, since the weapons would not be unranked.

This is one of the few things (sorry, but saying goodbye to cheesy blinding is going to be a bit of an itchy weekend) I'm looking forward to getting in our - hopefully - next update.  At the same time, piggybacking a weapon and getting some decent focus is still probably going to be a faster way to get it done.  I'm not rich enough to potato everything instantly, so for a primary, that's a Serration and a Malignant Force, maybe a bit more if there's some polarities already there.  Forma'ing frames though.  Oh man.  That's gonna feel good.  Definitely holding off on putting 5 forma into my second Excal until we get this change :)

well I like it,

I'd love it if the base mod capacity used function Min(MR+lvl,30) instead of max(MR, lvl) :P

[basically the only thing the change changes is that for period when weapon/warframe level is below your MR you have some mods, but you have no visible progress untill weapon level cross the MR border - with what I hoped for listed above the weapon wuld "progress" i mod capacity faster, reaching its full potentiall sooner - although still needing some time afterwards to forma it again :P]

btw onve mr30 will be a thing, the sentence "and will make you feel bad for outperforming you with underleveled gear" from the playertypes - forma addict description will take a whole new meaning :P

1 hour ago, ssh83 said:

As an MR 19, now I can actually play effectively with new weapons while ranking it up in lvl 30 missions right off the bat.  It really made ranking up weapons a lot more fun and greatly increase replay-ability.  It's also causing a lot less hate when I bring a unrank weapon anywhere. lol  Too bad I already ranked up most stuff since i'm MR 19... 

Though I'm wondering for players with lower MR.  They'd have more opportunities to take advantage of this but they'd also have way less starting capacity.  I imagine having anything below MR 10 doesn't do much and you'd still have to carry that weapon via passive affinity gain for a while.

I'm hoping they can tweak the system just slightly so that we'd gain weapon rank + MR rank (still max at 30/60), so that players with lower MR rank will still gain meaningful benefit.  A +5 might sound weak, but since getting to rank 7 is really quick, it means even low MR players will get usable weapon really quick as well.  It'd also mean that we can use a weapon at max capacity while not "wasting" affinity if we can get max capacity before max rank.

What do you guys think?

1+ low mastery players need all help they can get..very painful......period  wen u are new player

For weapons it's fine, but they level fast anyway. But for frames it's pretty useless. If it unlocked the frames' abilities to the rank you start at, it would be fine, but since it doesn't it's basically just window dressing that looks like something good, or a buff, in the hopes it would get people to forget about all the recent nerfs, but doesn't really amount to much of anything.

What was originally proposed, that frames and weapons would start at the level of whatever your Mastery Rank was, would have been much more useful, and actually would have reduced grind, which DE has claimed was a priority since the first or second Dev stream, but has only gotten worse and worse. And if the player base finds a way on their own to reduce grind by any meaningful measure, it quickly gets nerfed/patched.

Edited by --collstro--

I love it, finally getting around to tossing forma on some things that really needed it.

Item level matching MR would have screwed people over in so many ways they don't even realize. No body stopped to consider "Oh hey.. I can't trade this Prisma weapon if it's lvl 18.."

Same goes for syndicate weapons.

1 minute ago, Aoden said:

I love it, finally getting around to tossing forma on some things that really needed it.

Item level matching MR would have screwed people over in so many ways they don't even realize. No body stopped to consider "Oh hey.. I can't trade this Prisma weapon if it's lvl 18.."

Same goes for syndicate weapons.

It wouldn't have changed a thing, as long as something you want to trade has no XP on it, then it would still be tradeable.