The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the Purpose of FARMING if we cant use our mods in pvp?

MetehanY

The purpose of Conclave is to give players a place where they are able to fight, test and improve their skills in a fair fight. The PvE mods are not balanced for that kind of activity.

If you want to get better and face a real challenge then Conclave and it's (mostly sidegrade) mods are awaiting you. If you want to crush people with overpowered mods because it makes you feel superior then Conclave isn't for you.

4 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

The purpose of Conclave is to give players a place where they are able to fight, test and improve their skills in a fair fight. The PvE mods are not balanced for that kind of activity.

If you want to get better and face a real challenge then Conclave and it's (mostly sidegrade) mods are awaiting you. If you want to crush people with overpowered mods because it makes you feel superior then Conclave isn't for you.

THIS.

although, it would be kinda cool to have a rathuum-esque conclave mode, where you bring your best gear, fully modded, and see how it stacks against other people's gear.  A combination of building and combat skills put to the test

42 minutes ago, MetehanY said:

I used to take them down by melee which it means that it has to with person's skills.

no, you just relied on different Crutch Mods so that you could hit the Enemy once and get your instant Kill, while your Crutch protected you from getting hit since one bullet would also instantly Kill you.

there was absolutely no Skill involved in what you were talking about.
PvP now has the opportunity for some Skill to be relevant. and has Mods of it's own to fulfill the advantage over newer Players that you desire (even though that's stupid).

but you're not actually interested in Skill as you explained to everyone, all you want is to be able to have more Mods than other Players so that you're Overpowered so that you always win, so you can pretend you have 'Skill'.

so, since you have no actual interest in true PvP (but rather a winning simulator where you crutch to victory), drop the act that you pretend that you are, since it's not really helping you any.

Edited by taiiat

One of the biggest issues with PvP is incentive.  Most players who play conclave do so because they enjoy the matching of skills in an arena with other tenno.  But this is not something that can be sustained due to that player base shrinking over time.  You gotta get more people involved in it.  That's where incentive comes in.  In conclave, you should at least get cores for competing a match, and more for doing well in a match.  The other consideration is to consider PvP mods given a desirable function in pve, and pve mods having a side grade function in PvP.   This way all mods have usage in either mode and people will play both to attain these mods.  For example: serration (PvP)- causes shots on the torso to do 10% more damage, but headshots are disabled.  Something like that, dont panic at the stats.  But every mod could have a PvP and pve effect.  They already do it with weapons where none are particularly better than any other.

23 minutes ago, Thural said:

although, it would be kinda cool to have a rathuum-esque conclave mode, where you bring your best gear, fully modded, and see how it stacks against other people's gear.  A combination of building and combat skills put to the test

+1

1 hour ago, MetehanY said:

By respect what is the Purpose of FARMING if we cant use our mods in pvp?

So I take you mean all the mods? Isn't it obvious? Because you can be one-hitted with everything. Alternatively, if you use frames with invincibility, you can't be defeated by almost nothing (aside from let's say Magnetic procs). That would be anti-playing.

It used to work like this before PvP 2.0 and that's why it was changed. And aside from one or two lost children like you, it's a general consensus that PvP 2.0 is far better.

I value your comment, but as long as there is PVP feature in the game, you can't say the game is mainly focused on PvE. Don't you think the difference of heavily farmed player than a normal player should exist. Cause without mods there is no difference between players. A person who buy a best-ranking sword and primary weapon kill others according to new conclave system.

conclave is supposed to be based on skill. and with our current modding system, any weapon becomes a one-shot, powers can kill the entire map. 

2 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Agreed, Integrity Sparring for honor and measures of skill are one thing. A clap and salute to anyone attempting to behave by a code.

Some of us want an unlimited, no holds bar battle to the death. "They just pissed in his empty skull" but the operative used that as a distraction experience.. If an invisible guy is waiting around the corner to wack you, you better be ready because space mom isn't here to call foul and put people in the penalty box...

Some don't care for the killing at all and just want to complete objectives against each other

3 valid positions that can be facilitated without separation with solution focused effort

23 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

One of the biggest issues with PvP is incentive.  Most players who play conclave do so because they enjoy the matching of skills in an arena with other tenno.  But this is not something that can be sustained due to that player base shrinking over time.  You gotta get more people involved in it.  That's where incentive comes in.  In conclave, you should at least get cores for competing a match, and more for doing well in a match.  The other consideration is to consider PvP mods given a desirable function in pve, and pve mods having a side grade function in PvP.   This way all mods have usage in either mode and people will play both to attain these mods.  For example: serration (PvP)- causes shots on the torso to do 10% more damage, but headshots are disabled.  Something like that, dont panic at the stats.  But every mod could have a PvP and pve effect.  They already do it with weapons where none are particularly better than any other.

I can agree with cores and scaling rewards, and even with PvP mods having an effect in PvE (by extension, those mods should be easier to attain in PvP so people who kinda suck at it can get them too).  But, I don't think PvE mods should ever be allowed in PvP unless they're -drastically- scaled down. Especially things like Life Strike.

Demand respect, yet you call us kids. Demand respect, yet steals an idea, and hopes it works out.

The mods are already taking action towards you, as they took down your leech post, I advise you revise your behaviour before you get banned. Just a suggestion.

Edited by (XB1)DataStorm 8Bit

1 hour ago, Danjal777 said:

Well I would totally use Anticipation (4s inmunity to stagger after getting staggered and 4s inmunity to Knockdown after getting knocked down) and the damage conversion mods could be marginally useful too. Cores for completing matches are already a thing, you can randomly get 5 rare cores as a match reward, but I wouldn't mind if 5 rare cores pack are made available with Conclave standing (or any synd standing for that matter). Currently the incentive for PvP is the thrill of pvp, the challenge and the cosmetics (weapon skins, sigils and Celestia syadanna which requires daily upkeep)

I wanted PvP without the tenno, just based in the same world. Class based matches between comparable Corpus and Grineer with specifically made pvp powers for them so DE is not stuck in the corner trying to make crazy abilities for 29 frames have some sort of balance when they were made for CCing or killing npcs with a million hp and various health types.

So basically segmenting it even further.

On ‎05‎-‎06‎-‎2016 at 8:41 PM, MetehanY said:

I value your comment, but as long as there is PVP feature in the game, you can't say the game is mainly focused on PvE. Don't you think the difference of heavily farmed player than a normal player should exist. Cause without mods there is no difference between players. A person who buy a best-ranking sword and primary weapon kill others according to new conclave system.

DE has stated that pvp is a side gimmick in the game and not a main focus. Ergo; it's a fricken pve game.

/thread

On 6/5/2016 at 2:31 PM, MetehanY said:

For more intense and customizable play in PvE.

Most mods that are relevant and fair in PvP are got through continued play of PvP. It's a very separate game mode, and most of the mods shared between modes are purely for utility and tend not to make changes that directly effect your PvP enemies (like added zoom on rifles, etc). in many ways, Warframe PvP has to be different from PvE, and there's good reasoning behind the restriction of many PvE mods. Imagine fighting an Ivara who had on Quick Thinking and a Trin on her team. You would never win.

Probably because there is no need to use them when you never need to deal more than maybe 5k dmg at any time in conclave

On 7/6/2016 at 8:56 AM, cannonfodder1982 said:

i dont play WF to PVP and IMO its terrible

Not to start a discussion but... HOW do you know it's terrible if you don't play it? (and I mean really play it with all your skills honed vs other skilled players not a single session were you died 20 times because you tried to play it like Call of Duty, walking shooting and spamming powers, instead play it like Warframe using all your tools and powers tactically while displaying the supermobility we are capable of)

2 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Not to start a discussion but... HOW do you know it's terrible if you don't play it? (and I mean really play it with all your skills honed vs other skilled players not a single session were you died 20 times because you tried to play it like Call of Duty, walking shooting and spamming powers, instead play it like Warframe using all your tools and powers tactically while displaying the supermobility we are capable of)

i have tried it a few times before and after the main changes, i just find it really boring tbh, and i not a cod player thanks, its just frames flying about everywhere like unorganized chaos, and it has no real strategy or tactics involved really. but each to their own, if i wanna pvp i play titanfall or battlefield of old