Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

True that. I had a 1v1 game and it turned into a PVP quickly, the opponent seemed to ignore the lunaro for most of the time. When I got knoked down he just went for a goal and scored from outside the zone. He won 12:3 because of that.

It seems more like a "knock-ouy-your-opponents-2-win" game mode.

Well from the matches i played:

There needs to be some penalty system for all the players that go full melee on players of the opposite team that are not holding the ball, also the stun needs to be removed. I was repeatedly chased around by a player that being unable to play Lunaro he decided to practice kickboxing. This trolling kills any enjoyment for the game, and its unpractical for both teams, since 2 of their players are beating each other down. 

The detection system for passing the ball to teammates needs to be improved, on numerous times i found myself passing the ball to a teammate behind me, and outside my field of vision. Also we should be able to make longer range passes, not cross map, but more than 10 meters.

I should also count the "capture" or "interception" system, opponents behind me were intercepting forward passes, which is nonsensical. This might be a lag related issue, but i saw it on numerous matches.

Also there should be some way to prevent players from camping the goal, i understand that a defense is needed, but camping directly bellow the goal, makes it pretty easy to catch the ball. If Lunaro needs a goalkeeper then the goal should be larger, which would require a larger field maybe, and a dedicated possition for the goalkeeper.

Some balancing is also needed, sometimes some matches ended up being 3 vs 1, which is no fun at all.

Lastly, if the trolling camping and stunlocks are removed, this game would be a lot more fun with 4 players.

Aside from all this the game is a lot of fun.

PS: Some of the conclave challenges need to be updated now that we have a non combat pvp mode, getting 4 kill midair on lunaro is pretty hard XD. Lastly a bit more of conclave reputation gained would be awesome, remember that we dont have the daily sydicate missions, or the medallions that can be found inside.

So disappointed ... I was expecting something more friendly like "rocket league"

This is not fun at all for me due to the number of controls and things to do, i am playing since about 2hours.

First: I don't see the ball well, and the worst is that sometimes i don't even know that i have the ball.

I don't really see who is in my team.

I never see where the ball is exactly, that waypoint for the ball location is awfull, it could at least give the distance or growing in size the closer you are from the ball.

People keeps on hitting you.

The replay camera after a goal ... Please remove it ... (you can even see how people lag during the game, they teleport like crazy ...)

After a goal it's limite more easy for attackers to get the ball first before the defenders ... (one bullet jump and free goal ...)

Some people are too good at aiming, it makes the game frustrating really quick. It would have been way better without being able to pickup and aim, since it would have been more random and so more rewarding to score a goal. Right now its, grab the ball -> trhow it in the air for yourself -> bullet jump -> grab -> aim -> free goal ... Where is the fun in that ?

What the point of the pillars on the map ? It doesnt fit the gameplay at all since you can pickup the ball. If it was a ball that you can only hit, then yeah i get the point but here i don't see it.

Well that is it for me. I really like the actual conclave though, but this lunaro it will be without me, i was expecting to ask my friends to play with me but i already know we won't have fun ...

I would have expected something else, a sort of Ninja Hockey :

The ball is a bit bigger, you can't pickup the ball, you can just hit the ball with a cross (special weapon for this mod, normal hits, slide hits, charged hits (the actual charging skill we have in lunaro that charge the ball), with the usual movements from the game (bullet jump, run, double jump, ...), if you hit a player with the ball, he is pushed away (without being stun, just pushed away from 3 - 5metters), you can hit others which will push them a little (0.5 to 1 metters, no stun or anything of that sort whish is frustrating as hell ...)).

And it would have been all for the controls ... More simple, more random, more funny.

Maybe another mod or version of lunaro (grineer lunaro ?)

Edited by clemza

My big complaint is more about conclave in general: The standing you gain from just the match is too friggin' small. On a REALLY good match, I'll get 1,200 tops. Most of the time I get between 500 and 900.

I don't want to have to spend my entire day playing conclave just to get all my standing for the day.

We need penalty system for melee spammers

We (probably) need to adopt some basketball rules, regarding goal camper (both defense & offense) like 5 secs defense/offense violation.

1) 5 secs violation happens if one spent too long inside a team's "zone" without:

A) holding the ball (offense)

B) being close to an offender by 5m (defense)

2) There should be time limits of how long a team can possess the ball. In basketball this is called as "Shot clock". Maybe like 30 secs would be enough for lunaro....

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

The Quick-Pass Throw needs to NOT target an ally off of your screen (behind you). 

Also, noticed that the ribbons change based on your shoulder armor. That's dedication to detail. :)

We also got the grass map too. Looks beautiful, but the scoring system didnt seem to be hooked up. We had to abort. 

Edited by Aurentus

seems this has some interesting feedback and needs more work, little concern is DE spending time fixing this and not moving forward the story of Warframe - that's why we play the game for battle is it not?

a few have raised comments about some poor function and a response to that was "well don't play it then". my response would be if you want to play football play another game !  or DE have another team to start another game and not apart of Warframe.

conclave and arcwing all add ons and need more work, which hasn't happened.  is this the next one to be a waste of Dev time.

Warframe does not need this other stuff, needs to move on, expand on the missions and the the story.

32 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

snip

Also i forgot to mention, that nothing seems to actually happen if you dont leave the opponents zone after scoring, and even if you leave as soon as the ball spawns its quite common to rush the ball. Players of the opposing team should be forced to leave the zone before spawning the ball, and the team that just scored should be unable to grab the ball just after it spawns.

My experience so far with Lunaro :

MASH THE THROW BUTTON! 

seriously, every game I've had of it so far has had the ball ripped from my hands unless I throw it IMMEDIATELY. Half the time I have it less than a second before its already been knocked out of my hands by someone else. Theres no aiming, no teamwork and no passing. Its just chase the ball and spam throw till it gets in the goal.

Heres my thoughts of how to improve it

1) Team colors. - not just glows, the frames need a team coloring, so you don't have tenno rushing into it wearing the opposite teams colors or worse a full black warframe making themselves hard to see in the fast pacing. 

2) Lighter arena - I like the arena, it looks polished and well planned. albeit a little too small for what this sport is supposed to be. But my main issue with it is that the lighting does hide a lot of action, such as players appearing out of shadowy parts and taking the ball leaving yourself thinking "wtf did they come from?"

3) Minimum ball holding duration. You need to be able to hold the ball for at least a second maybe longer. Else you have literally zero time to even think about passing or throwing. 

4) Goals need to actually be scorable - Look it may be just me.. but for the most part the goal doesn't let the ball go in, even when standing close to it from anything other than a straight shot. I know I've seen some silly plays like aim glide across the map shots that manage to go in.. but for the most part the ball bounces off the rim making your hard work getting it there count for nothing. 

There's probably someone who plays lacrosse or something who would know better than me how to make a sport work with team play, but seriously.. its no fun getting tackled .2s after getting the ball

Here is my feedback:

- Check.
People still seems to stuck on PVP rather than sport. The guy I was playing with was focusing on attacking me and ignore the lunaro most of the time in order to knock me down and then have a free way and an easy goal. Dirty gameplay. I think that reducing the attack speed or having a rule that disable the arcata for a few seconds after knocking down will probably fix it.

- Out of the zone rule.
1. There seems to be an issue that the team that scored the goal still have their arcata enabled or that they can just go out of the zone and back inside like there is no such rule. They guy I was playing with just went out after each goal and back in before the lunaro even touched the ground when it respwned and scored another point. Dirty gameplay that takes all the fun away.
I think there should be a rule that says the lunaro must get out of the zone first so the other team will be able to take the lunaro again, like the rule in basketball that don't allow the defensive team go pass the mid-line as long as the ball is still in the other team's area.
2. In addition to the above, a player in the offensive team can stand right where the lunaro respawn and take the lunaro without even wanting it. There should be something that prevent players to start there.
3. As someone said here, there should be something that will push the attacking team away from the defender's zone while watching the replay.

- Team Visibility:
In these fast-paced matches with random players, it's difficult to see at a glance who's on which team. Sometimes there's this blue/orange halo, but often that halo is either too weak or invisible. Team colors need to be more visible and more consistent at all distances.

- Mobility:
The mobility feels cluncky and awkward: double-jumping breaks momentum, sliding grinds down way too harshly, including in mid-air. These changes just encourages bullet jump spam to the detriment of everything else. Bullet jump isn't taking you too far as well, the rule that drop the lunaro while bullet jusmp might be unnecessary.

Edited by CommanderSpawn
Had a few more matches and got a better idea

5 hours ago, pooptaco said:

Here's an idea to fix the "wrong/awkward colors" problem: why not have the Lunaros as a separate loadout in monochrome, and have the game apply team colors for you?

I like this idea but it kinda crushes the idea players want/need to customize their frames. I like the idea of a small color pallet for Sun and Moon and then we could customize it within a separate load out. Like... you can only get those colors within that loadout in conclave for Lunaro unless you bought both (should count as one since they would have smaller pallets). Then we could have access to those color schemes.

7 hours ago, Multicom-EN- said:

And also, being trollmashed is not fun. I mean being hit all the time by the same person who seems to find it fun keeping a player perma knocked down.
This needs to be fixed A.S.A.P!

Pretty much this; I think Lunaro is great and of course needs some improvements, which is fine considering it has just been released.

Though, the most urgent for me are preventing perma stunlock(by adding a penality after a while, it's a sport afterall, isn't it?) and the matchmaking, which should always prevent disparity of players: a 2vs1 is no funny at all, as well as a 3vs2, especially without penalities when stunlocking.

There's a great post on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4ob48m/lunaro_feedback_nerf_checking_add_warmups_speed/

• Why do we have hook shots if they aren't viable due to the mosh pit following the ball?
  • There needs to be a penalty or a cool down on checks to stop players from wildly swinging at anything and everything (i got beat up by a goalie while the ball was on the other end of the map)
  • Have an option to cradle the ball, maybe reduce speed while cradling it but make it harder for it to be stolen
  • After goal, ball doesn't spawn until all of enemy team is outside of the zone
  • After player throws ball, have it act as a charged ball against them to prevent self passing
  • Team balancing/switching
  • Get rid of pillars and the gong, they don't do anything
  • Add space mom cheerleaders
  • Add Stalker, steals ball

So this might be a niche issue but as a player who uses a controller (Yes I know keyboard and mouse is superior! But I have a disability which makes the controller a lot easier for extended play :) and as far as lunaro controls go, they seem to be "reversed" from normal gameplay. For example, using the trigger thats mapped to "aim" in normal gameplay results in throwing the ball in Lunaro, and using the trigger for "fire" results in the "aiming/preparing to throw" in lunaro. It's very very hard to play lunaro without remapping my normal controls (which would result in me having to remap every time I switch game modes). 

Could we please have a seperate section in mapping/controller config for lunaro? There's options there for archwing so I imagine the same could be done for that. 

Sorry if this has been brought up already! I know it's not gamebreaking but I think a lot of controller using players will struggle with this maybe.. 

Apart from that though I LOVE this new update!!! Lunaro is a lot of fun!! Thanks DE!! :) 

Nice work DE! It's really fun to play Lunaro :)

But, there are some things that could be changed to make it better (some point maybe are caused by the problem in the last point)

-when you catch the Lunaro, despite what happens in the tutorial in which there is a sound telling you you have it and how much time you have until it explode, most of the times in game this doesn't happen, so I ended having the Lunaro and realizing it only when it was too late

-players spam E to stunlock other players and a Lunaro carrier usually can't have it for more that 1 millisecond that someone already hit him making him drop the Lunaro. There should be some sort of limit to E spam, like 1/1,5 sec of invulnerability to stun when you catch the ball

-it's not really clear when/how you can pass the Lunaro to a mate, and as a consequence everybody tends to launch it at random

-the aim at times is a bit random 

-warframe speed could be increased a bit, .1 may suffice I think

-dash and throw controls could be switched, since throwing with the channeling key is a bit awkward and counteintuitive (at least for me)

-last point, but the most important one: LAG. It's a problem in general, in particular PvP, but Lunaro's pace is really really fast compared to other game modes, and the lag makes it nearly unplayable when it reaches alarming levels

Edited by Drufo

...I cannot play this at all. Even after reconfiguring to my disdain several times, I cannot fire the ball unless I press the...mouse wheel?

And primary fire is both the dash AND the melee which means I can only melee after i dash!

I tried reconfig as I said and I cannot find the issue... So far only the vortex works properly.

I know a very easy fix. Just separate lunaro controls from normal game ones. I'm sure others are facing this problem as well.

update: now even the mouse wheel causes me to melee sometimes. Idgi.

Edited by BeeOverlord

There used to be red chevrons on top of enemy players' head (about the size of a Warframe's head) before the Lurano update dropped, which allows for easy recognition of enemy players. It was removed for some reason (which is not stated in the patch notes, btw.) and substituted with only Sun / Moon icons on top of your teammates' heads. You can only see allies' but not the enemy teams' icon. 

This made it quite difficult to distinguish enemy players from allies, sure you can just see who has an icon and who doesn't, but its not as obvious as it was before. Players with dark color schemes in the darker areas of the map are even harder to spot.

32 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

1. There seems to be an issue that the team that scored the goal still have their arcata enabled or that they can just go out of the zone and back inside like there is no such rule. They guy I was playing with just went out after each goal and back in before the lunaro even touched the ground when it respwned and scored another point. Dirty gameplay that takes all the fun away.
I think there should be a rule that says that the lunaro must get out of the zone first so the other team will be able to take the lunaro again, like the rule in basketball that don't allow the defensive team go pass the mid-line as long as the ball is still in the other team's area.
2. In addition to the above, a player in the offensive team can stand right where the lunaro respawn and take the lunaro without even wanting it. There should be something that prevent players to start there.

I don't believe there's any sort of bug here. The only issue in this case is that some players can rush it as soon as they all respawn, get it, and then slam dunk. Really, that's just a penalty for not paying attention. There are so many ways that the defenders can stop that, and if they would just grab it in the large amount of time that it takes for the opponent to get back into the zone, they wouldn't get dunked on.

That being said, there can be some host issues which cause some players to have control before others. This could be looked into.

And, if there was any argument to be made here, it would be to push back the zone that they have to leave to the half-court mark. I wouldn't be totally opposed to it, but at the same time, a lot of the issues with getting dunked on arise from incompetence from the defenders side, and I think that as the game matures, people will start to understand that and actually go for it, rather than effectively giving it to the enemy. It's all a matter of who gets it first, and the defenders already have a very clear advantage in that they spawn right on top of it.