Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon and Sentinel Should Not Use the Same Mods

PainTako

Why has it been so long, and we still need to duplicate mods for our sentinel. Seriously, I cannot tell you the amount of times I just always use Sweeper Prime on any sentinel when I don't use a shotgun because I ether opt out of damage for my sentinel, or have to make a duplicate for EVERY SINGLE MOD I WANT ON THEM.

"WELL I GUESS IF I WANT TO USE A SHOTGUN AND USE SWEEPER PRIME I BETTER MAKE AN ENTIRE SET OF MODS, GEE CAN'T WAIT TO DUPE THESE MODS"

Okay, let's be real. I can understand not duplicating things like Primed Pressure Point for Helios, but why can't I use serration on my rifle, and on Diriga's rifle. I am no way in hell going to buy/upgrade a max ranked serration just for my sentinel, no way in hell.

Can we please get a huge QoL change and remove this? Honestly I hate gimping out my sentinel or forcing my sentinel to use a weapon different from my primary just so I don't see THIS MESSAGE:
ewgVrsh.jpg

Edited by PsychedelicSnake
Edited Profanity Out of Title

What I hate more is that there is no way of knowing whether a mod is equipped on your sentinel or frame weapons when you look at the mod list. Give me the ability to set a flag or label on my mods, and that will go a long way towards making it more user-friendly.

11 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Get a Kubrow and throw down the Carrier Crutch.

I was actually trying to use Helios with deconstructor, and have 2 kubrows in statis atm, but you know...

Edited by Akemi-EN-

It's true that's it can be a drag to have to max out duplicates just for our Sentinels, I agree. More grind I guess. Most of them are fortunately easy to rank up, though a few having ridiculous requirements can pose a problem for players who can't spend hours on end on the game just for that.

It seems like a weird decision to make honestly, and I'm guessing it was and is a coding/technology restriction instead of a gameplay/balence one. 

It doesn't make sense because you can easily get around the extra grind by simply grabbing a different weapon - sentinel weapon combo. So generally this doesn't encourage more farming as much as it reduces player choice, which is something DE actively fights against. So, it would indeed seem reasonable to remove this trivial limitation since most people will go around it easily anyway because the slight improvement of having your favorite sentinel weapon isn't worth the huge grind for several maxed mods. 

11 minutes ago, JoeLorodeath said:

It seems like a weird decision to make honestly, and I'm guessing it was and is a coding/technology restriction instead of a gameplay/balence one. 

It doesn't make sense because you can easily get around the extra grind by simply grabbing a different weapon - sentinel weapon combo. So generally this doesn't encourage more farming as much as it reduces player choice, which is something DE actively fights against. So, it would indeed seem reasonable to remove this trivial limitation since most people will go around it easily anyway because the slight improvement of having your favorite sentinel weapon isn't worth the huge grind for several maxed mods. 

except for a time this issue between player and sentinel mods wasn't a thing and u could share mods.. then they put this in for god knows what reason

It would be even worse if there was a separate set of mods for sentinel weapons.  Then it would be required that you level 2 sets of mods.

Right now you have the option to level a second set of mods or just use a different weapon class on your sentinel.

I don't use sentinel weapon. I refuse to re grind mods for literally a mediocre benefit. I like carrier prime and prisma shade because they stay with you. Kubrows are annoying and require too many R10 mods to be decent. Kavats will be MR fodder for me. 

1 minute ago, -CM-Voltage said:

I don't use sentinel weapon. I refuse to re grind mods for literally a mediocre benefit. I like carrier prime and prisma shade because they stay with you. Kubrows are annoying and require too many R10 mods to be decent. Kavats will be MR fodder for me. 

kubrows don't need R10 mods on them to be usedull the highest mod I have on my kubrows are r6 and that's bite. They deal insane damage compared to sentinels.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 1:29 PM, Senketsu_ said:

kubrows don't need R10 mods on them to be usedull the highest mod I have on my kubrows are r6 and that's bite. They deal insane damage compared to sentinels.

But you lose all the functionality of sweeper...

As much as I would like it if the mod sets were distinct, sure, my solution to this is to alternate between my pimped out sweeper prime and wyrm p's gun depending on what my primary is.  I also sometimes use the prisma burst gun when I don't have a pistol on but I'm not sure it competes with the other two even fully forma'ed.

On 6/18/2016 at 11:42 PM, Akemi-EN- said:

"WELL I GUESS IF I WANT TO USE A SHOTGUN AND USE SWEEPER PRIME I BETTER MAKE AN ENTIRE SET OF MODS, GEE CAN'T WAIT TO DUPE THESE MODS"

Or just do what I do and use sweeper prime when I'm using anything other than a shotgun and use vuklok when I am using a shotgun.

It isn't that big a deal.

On 6/19/2016 at 0:29 AM, DoomFruit said:

What I hate more is that there is no way of knowing whether a mod is equipped on your sentinel or frame weapons when you look at the mod list. Give me the ability to set a flag or label on my mods, and that will go a long way towards making it more user-friendly.

This right here. Totally this. 

I wish there was someway you could see what a mod is in, without having to try to put the mod in something/buff the mod and have it "Oh by the way, you know that one weapon you never really use? Well if you buff this, it won't be usable in that weapon anymore." or "Oh hey, I see you have shotgun for your carrier and shotgun for your warframe, but its the same mod! You can't put them in there. Or that one. Or that one. Or that one."

15 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Or just do what I do and use sweeper prime when I'm using anything other than a shotgun and use vuklok when I am using a shotgun.

It isn't that big a deal.

On 6/18/2016 at 10:42 PM, Akemi-EN- said:

I hate gimping out my sentinel or forcing my sentinel to use a weapon different from my primary

On 19.6.2016 at 9:29 AM, DoomFruit said:

Yea, that really is a pain in some body parts. And we already had this feature; before mod cards got smaller, they had a small circle on them, to show they are in use. The funny thing is, the circle is still there if you are fusing mods, but not when you are in the moding section of the weapons.

Edited by ShortCat