The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muscular Female Frame Anyone???

Ibro156

8 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Pretty much my thoughts on the subject. I'm not against more types of Warframe looks and designs. In fact, I'd love more. However, as Sixty5 has said, diversity solely for the sake of diversity isn't good. It's tokenism at that point.

Am not saying "DE must do it for diversity". Nothing like that. What am saying, when they have the chance to make another female tank frame. They should give the though of a bulky female a go. At first I want really into the idea but overtime, I start to get fond of the idea. More people do so as well. 

Edited by Ibro156

5 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Pretty much my thoughts on the subject. I'm not against more types of Warframe looks and designs. In fact, I'd love more. However, as Sixty5 has said, diversity solely for the sake of diversity isn't good. It's tokenism at that point.

This is a good point. I do hope DE does give us some more diverse body builds for female frames in the future, so long it fits. Like a nice heavy gunner frame would be delightful if it had a build like Zarya from overwatch. And then again...being the horrible perv I am, I would like to see a more...curvy female frame in the future, a "seductress" type, let's say more...endowed than Saryn >w>;

Just now, Ibro156 said:

Am not saying "DE must do it for diversity". Nothing like that. What am saying, when they have the chance to make another female tank frame. They should give though of bulky female a go. At first I never liked but overtime, I start to get fond of the idea. More people do so as well. 

That was more a response to the other posts in the thread, not you specifically. Anyway, in the early days of Warframe a lot of the frames we got visually matched the "class/trope" it was designed for. Rhino being the tank was bulky, Nyx being the mind-oriented frame was pretty skinny, and so on. As time has gone on, I've found that the Devs have taken to not doing that anymore. We see a frame like Valkyr, lithe and somewhat thin, who is a ball of rage. We have Hydroid, who is water oriented, who is visually wide and bulky. More and more the Devs have gone against the trope of matching the design of a frame to the visuals, and I hope they continue to do so. Sure, having something that matches every so often is a nice refresher, but I like the different path being taken now.

My question is: Why does it matter all that much ?

Example: Rhino is literally a mountain of armor(visually) because it fits his theme of being a tank whose survivability can "skyrocket" when using his iron skin.

And then we have Valkyr. Shes not really a tank but her invincibility makes her one. If she didn't have Hysteria would she still be this tank we all know ?

Sure her armor is high but I don't think it makes her a better tank just because of that.

But yes if DE wants to make an a bit more buffed female frame I'd have nothing against it unless its a female Arnold. It would look so weird.

1 hour ago, Zoracraft said:

She must just have really lithe muscles

FYI - 'strength' does not soley come from muscle mass, infact pure mass alone does very little.

each time a muscle is significantly stressed, some of the 'strands' it is comprised of break.
as more break, the muscle starts to feel tired.

given time after this, the 'strands' will regrow, slightly stronger than the last time.

suffice to say, pure muscle mass has ridiculous diminishing returns. the practical way to increase 'strength', is to run the cycle of breaking and regenerating enough times that the existing muscle mass has significantly strengthened.
as the 'strands' run this cycle, they do grow in physical size. but just like the diminishing returns on muscle mass, the physical size doesn't increase linearly.

in short, muscle mass is not a defining characteristic of 'strength'. one with much lower muscle mass, could, infact - have more 'strength'.
the connection has been made a trope by society - but why, hell if i know. probably just because of aesthetic impressions, rather than facts.

Edited by taiiat

1 minute ago, Hixlysss said:

Machines do not bleed. Machines do not need air.

Well warframes are filled infested matter, which is organic to a degree, controlled by us. At least that is my theory but whatever- i could be wrong. Only the future will tell what is happening in there.

It'd be cool if we had a female Warframe that looked tanky, but I wouldn't like a change in Valkyr. Conceptually she's a stripped-down frame already, with most of her armored casing gone and the wires poking out and stuff. Making her larger would imply her pre-experiment form (Gersemi, I guess?) was even bulkier, maybe a little too bulky for the high-speed ninja game this is. Plus her slim figure lends to the nimble feline aesthetic she's got going on.

If we get a new frame in the next couple updates that more of a tank, what would its theme be? Maybe one that revolves around creating cover and/or channeling huge amounts of power at the cost of limiting mobility, like a giant laser turret of a Warframe? That'd be pretty cool, esp. for defensive missions.

Here are my thoughts.

Firstly, I am OK with the concept of a more muscular female frame. So long as it isn't forced, by that I mean if it has a good solid design, unique kit, and is based on some sort of Historical/Mythological/Literary Figure, or an Elemental Force, like all other frames are.

That being said, you have to remember that the Orokin designed the Warframes for Combat, and were obviously a very vain people. As you can see with the Prime Warframes with all their Gold and Frill, and their general designs are supposed to be aesthetically pleasing. But they were also likely very pragmatic with their designs, which is why we see Rhino built like he is, a Male with that build is objectively stronger than a Male of lesser physical stature, and stronger than a Female of the same stature. Since, as a Sexually Dimorphic species, Human Males are Objectively Stronger than Females.

My point is, that if the Orokin were designing a War Machine to be the hulking bruiser capable of crushing their enemies, they would build something like Rhino, who has the Physique of a Circus Strongman. Why would they use an Objectively weaker design to fill that role. Now in terms of Valkyr, just look at her name. She is based on Norse Valkyries, and her Hysteria is obviously a form of Berserker Rage, which explains her Invulnerability. It is unlikely that before her experimentation that she behaved like that.

On the point of the Overwatch character, that is a VERY Difficult body type for females to attain and maintain. And honestly if it weren't for the Roller-Derby Pink Hair, and the circular breast plates on her Armor, most wouldn't automatically assume that she is a Female. And in Warframe, where you have some rather androgynous frames, like Nezha and Nova, if they did make a hulking female frame, how would they show that it is female? Would it just look like Rhino or Atlas with breasts?

It was the same problem I had with the Idea of a "fat" Warframe, what purpose would it serve that the existing designs couldn't already do? Bowl enemies over? Well how would that be better than Rhinos charge or stomp? Soak up damage or shield allies? We already have tanks like Inaros that can soak up damage for days, and frames like Volt can create electrical shields. Not to mention, if a fat frame or muscular female frame were added, how would their lore fit them in without making them just a joke or token. Look at Mortal Kombat X with the DLC charachter Bo Rai Cho. He is a Fat Drunk who burps and farts all the time, even with his lore as a great teacher, he is still just a punchline.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

Here are my thoughts.

Firstly, I am OK with the concept of a more muscular female frame. So long as it isn't forced, by that I mean if it has a good solid design, unique kit, and is based on some sort of Historical/Mythological/Literary Figure, or an Elemental Force, like all other frames are.

That being said, you have to remember that the Orokin designed the Warframes for Combat, and were obviously a very vain people. As you can see with the Prime Warframes with all their Gold and Frill, and their general designs are supposed to be aesthetically pleasing. But they were also likely very pragmatic with their designs, which is why we see Rhino built like he is, a Male with that build is objectively stronger than a Male of lesser physical stature, and stronger than a Female of the same stature. Since, as a Sexually Dimorphic species, Human Males are Objectively Stronger than Females.

My point is, that if the Orokin were designing a War Machine to be the hulking bruiser capable of crushing their enemies, they would build something like Rhino, who has the Physique of a Circus Strongman. Why would they use an Objectively weaker design to fill that role. Now in terms of Valkyr, just look at her name. She is based on Norse Valkyries, and her Hysteria is obviously a form of Berserker Rage, which explains her Invulnerability. It is unlikely that before her experimentation that she behaved like that.

On the point of the Overwatch character, that is a VERY Difficult body type for females to attain and maintain. And honestly if it weren't for the Roller-Derby Pink Hair, and the circular breast plates on her Armor, most wouldn't automatically assume that she is a Female. And in Warframe, where you have some rather androgynous frames, like Nezha and Nova, if they did make a hulking female frame, how would they show that it is female? Would it just look like Rhino or Atlas with breasts?

It was the same problem I had with the Idea of a "fat" Warframe, what purpose would it serve that the existing designs couldn't already do? Bowl enemies over? Well how would that be better than Rhinos charge or stomp? Soak up damage or shield allies? We already have tanks like Inaros that can soak up damage for days, and frames like Volt can create electrical shields. Not to mention, if a fat frame or muscular female frame were added, how would their lore fit them in without making them just a joke or token. Look at Mortal Kombat X with the DLC charachter Bo Rai Cho. He is a Fat Drunk who burps and farts all the time, even with his lore as a great teacher, he is still just a punchline.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about any of these "Well I think we should have (Insert unaccepted Social ideals here) frames!" threads, and for that matter, any idea/thread that speaks of themes/features for frames. If it matches a theme, and DE likes it, I'm all for it until they start pandering.

My problem lies in how these threads still pop up and become as big as they do. They always come down to the same three general opinions.

1: "I think this should happen, and anyone who disagrees is probably anti-progressive and needs to stop being so closed-minded."

2: "This is gross, I'm uncomfortable, and please give me back the times when men were men and women didn't want equal rights."

3: "This is cool and all, but if it doesn't match the game, it shouldn't happen, but should happen if it does match."

That's essentially what this thread has become as well. That's all these threads will ever become.

Edited by CoRRh

Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that derailing threads with discussions about other threads that hold no real relevance is ill advised, and not in keeping with the second rule of the forum's code of conduct. 

Please keep the discussions to the topic of this thread. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that derailing threads with discussions about other threads that hold no real relevance is ill advised, and not in keeping with the second rule of the forum's code of conduct. 

Please keep the discussions to the topic of this thread. Thanks!

Sincere apologies,

Jeez. We're talking about semi-organic, sentient battle armors that are being remotely controlled by mystical childrens. Who cares what muscles they have as long as they look cool ? Could we not, for once, forget the real life social stuff (and all the sexism that comes with it) and enjoy the fantasy ?

It's an interesting concept, but there's no reason to implement it if its not necessary. It depends on the warframe thematic imo... let's take Oberon deluxe skin, a fairy male fits his thematic for obvious reasons, so the feminine aspect does not feels forced.

I wouldn't mind a muscular female warframe, as long as it fits the warframe thematic. In fact, I would LOVE to have a boxing-themed female warframe <3 (I kind of like muscular girls, as long as they conserve their feminine figure)

Like this 3da4733ae6b113bcbf4a2965f4358079.jpg

or this <3

2f7764d20755b67a8793907bd3c462fd.jpg

But not this abominations (It looks horrible on males too)

muscle-fitness-36.jpg

Edited by Lokime

48 minutes ago, sekate said:

i'm down

Reveal hidden contents

11229821_10207012918661092_2932833021683

Marte2.png

You know men and women like that spend like 8+ hours a day in a gym to stay that way... and the women tend to take testosterone supplements so they get that bulky (But even an average man can still be stronger). Like I've seen the world's "strongest" woman beaten by your average fit man at arm wrestling, big and bulky doesn't mean strong.

Edited by SilvaDreams

I think you alot of you are missing the point. There is beauty in diversity,  and the models warframe uses are very similar to each other.

We don't need to go to extremes here. The males are not even that extreme, but they vary much more from Hydroid to Nekros than Valkyr to Saryn.

It is more about the smaller rather than huge differences. 

Look here:

Real-Beauty-Campaign.jpeg

Plenty of choices here.