The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[pls lock] So THAT'S why everyone calls it "Damage 3.0"

Cyborg-Rox

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

much more than just that one action must happen for anything to change though - so if all the tendrils that touch are adjusted appropriately, you're editing like, 3/4 of the Mods in the game.

and then once you put the alongside how Enemies function, how Players affect Enemies.... you're getting to the point where everything related to Damage is being affected.

2 hours ago, Urlan said:

Because it would be the third messing with the way damage works in the game; thus Damage 3.0. Originally the weapons just had unlocks as they leveled - this was considered bad so it was changed to mods with a secondary rework afterward to change how the mods handled damage to armors and such. That was Damage 2.0. This might get rid of all of our mandatory mods and so return us back to one perhaps but with mods still available and no unlockables for leveling most likely. The Acolyte mods are thought to be the first step of this change and herald the replacement of standard status and critical mods, or so it is thought.

Huh... well alright, I guess that does make sense then. 
Here I go and make a fool out of myself because of my silly assumptions again...

Edited by Cyborg-Rox
I'm a silly billy with horrible opinions and assumptions

Oh man this sounds like that one thread that complained about using the term Forma'd because it wasn't real English

Did you also forget how enemy scaling and armor was also supposed to be reworked alongside it?

Edited by izzatuw

I think it should be called the "No More Mandatory Mods Fix"

But yeah, Damage 3.0 will most likely be the rebalancing of the enemies in the long term, and not the removal of said Base Damage Mods such as Pressure Point, Point Blank, Serration, and Hornet Strike. (Maybe Maul as well?)

Also, you open up a lot of random threads don't you? : )
On another note, in just under 3 hours I will be one Primed Fury richer. :3

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

much more than just that one action must happen for anything to change though - so if all the tendrils that touch are adjusted appropriately, you're editing like, 3/4 of the Mods in the game.

and then once you put the alongside how Enemies function, how Players affect Enemies.... you're getting to the point where everything related to Damage is being affected.

Edited by taiiat

It might have something to do with the fact that there may be more to it than just removing base damage mods, such as adjusting damage values across the map for both players and enemies alike. Or at least, if my memory serves, that's what the general belief as to what this Damage 3.0 would be when it was first labelled as such. Whether or not it is more in-depth than removing base damage mods, the label has kinda stuck.

And personally, I don't see the harm in calling it as such. As others have already mentioned it's just a name.

How should we call it then?

"Multishot nerf"

or

"Super-Awesome-Mod-Diversity-Balancer-3000"

No, i go with Damage 3.0. Thank you very much.

Also i want to note that a few stat changes got leaked from the nexus app. Most noticably on bows that they had got largely increased base damage at the cost of crit chance. Looks like less crit meta, looks like Damage 3.0

Personally, I'm excited for Damage 3.0, and you seem to not get the point of it. Damage 3.0 is supposed to #1: Fix enemy scaling, #2: Making "mandatory" mods a thing of the past, #3: Possibly rescale some warframes, #4: Making older weaponry more viable, and #5: Fixing up the elements. 

It's making sure that weapons are more "even" in higher leveled events, and making sure the scaling is fixed for the incoming Warframe reworks. That's why it's labelled "Damage 3.0". It fixes damage and how we dish it out.

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Also i want to note that a few stat changes got leaked from the nexus app. Most noticably on bows that they had got largely increased base damage at the cost of crit chance. Looks like less crit meta, looks like Damage 3.0

:/ Aw man, guessing thread in reddit mention it or ye saw it by chance?

Just now, Fionntan said:

:/ Aw man, guessing thread in reddit mention it or ye saw it by chance?

Got posted on this very forum. Already aged a few months. But still. What's the deal complaining about a simple term that people use to refer to an upcoming rework? Does it hurt anyone? Even Steve used that term in one of his tweets...

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Got posted on this very forum. Already aged a few months. But still. What's the deal complaining about a simple term that people use to refer to an upcoming rework? Does it hurt anyone? Even Steve used that term in one of his tweets...

Oh yea, seems silly complain about term. Agree. Everyone has way call it, just that damage 3.0 is the flavor of the year is all.

Huh old forum leak eh?, well seems like bad change considering how bows are limited to ammo and shots as it is.

Look where Daikyu ended up for being low crit chance and high damage base + status chance. Into the  trashicon.png

But I guess that's another time & thread.

Say mind you link said thread or at least title? I want see stats.

16 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Huh... well alright, I guess that does make sense then. 
Here I go and make a fool out of myself because of my silly assumptions again...

Because it would be the third messing with the way damage works in the game; thus Damage 3.0. Originally the weapons just had unlocks as they leveled - this was considered bad so it was changed to mods with a secondary rework afterward to change how the mods handled damage to armors and such. That was Damage 2.0. This might get rid of all of our mandatory mods and so return us back to one perhaps but with mods still available and no unlockables for leveling most likely. The Acolyte mods are thought to be the first step of this change and herald the replacement of standard status and critical mods, or so it is thought.

I`d say community wants a total game rebalance for damage3.0. And I`m pretty sure this wont happen for at least a year or so.

I can foresee  massive whine, dev bashing, threads lockage and jokes about "damage control 3.0" whenever this mythical update comes live.

3 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

I`d say community wants a total game rebalance for damage3.0. And I`m pretty sure this wont happen for at least a year or so.

I can foresee  massive whine, dev bashing, threads lockage and jokes about "damage control 3.0" whenever this mythical update comes live.

and nobody needs a crystal ball to see that coming, either.

24 minutes ago, Fionntan said:

Oh yea, seems silly complain about term. Agree. Everyone has way call it, just that damage 3.0 is the flavor of the year is all.

Huh old forum leak eh?, well seems like bad change considering how bows are limited to ammo and shots as it is.

Look where Daikyu ended up for being low crit chance and high damage base + status chance. Into the  trashicon.png

But I guess that's another time & thread.

Say mind you link said thread or at least title? I want see stats.

The problem with daikyu and other weapons in general is that crit is out of control. If it wasn't for weapons like shotguns that have absolutely monstrous base damage when fully nodded there would be no real competition. Only time status can begin to compete is if they can rain down corrosive procs. Crit needs to be changed to bring more balance in general.

50 minutes ago, Genitive said:

What difference does it make what you call it? It's just a label.

It's not only what you call it, but also what all the people who want damage 3.0 want out of it.

The thing is that the current system is actually pretty good. So what would make sense would be a damage 2.1 or something like that. Some small changes to make sure that defense mods are still relevant at the highest sortie levels (most of the time they actually are, but there are some condititions and enemies that deal too much damage) and to bring armored enemies down to what shielded enemies and pure hp enemies work with.