Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Fury

MKolhun

9 minutes ago, Naftal said:

The dps calculator for melee weapons on that page doesn't take animations into account. If melees dealt that low dps in reality they would be completely unusable.

I still know how True Steel works, you don't need to show the math.

Until you get to higher levels, the TS build will kill slower because enemies are oneshot and that build swings slower. You'll get less kills per time and also get your combo counter up slower.

Sure, True Steel is useful in a vacuum. However there are 8 more useful mods for builds.

Yes Primed Fury would be way more useful against lower level enemies, but again, all I'm saying is that True Steel isn't completely useless, especially if you don't want to use cores and credits or a legendary core on the primed fury, and I really doubt that any other mod would give more damage than these two, if you are going for pure damage builds (I guess you need a reach in there sometimes though)

Except this, put a Maiming Strike in that slot, the DPS becomes almost 3x more than either of the previous builds, obviously much better for actual high level content, if you don't mind spin attacks

So basically, we have a poor man's build with True Steel which is effective, not the best, but does its job, we have a very fast build with Primed Fury, and a high damage build with Maiming Strike, for every taste, preference and wallet

Edited by Praxxor

Just now, Praxxor said:

Yes Primed Fury would be way more useful against lower level enemies, but again, all I'm saying is that True Steel isn't completely useless, especially if you don't want to waste cores and credits or a legendary core on the primed fury, and I really doubt that any other mod would give more damage than these two, if you are going for pure damage builds (I guess you need a reach in there sometimes though)

Except this, put a Maiming Strike in that slot, the DPS becomes almost 3x more than either of the previous builds, obviously much better for actual high level content, if you don't mind spin attacks

So basically, we have a poor man's build with True Steel which is effective, not the best, but does its job, we have a very fast build with Primed Fury, and a high damage build with Maiming Strike, for every taste, preference and wallet

I would use normal Fury instead of True Steel also.

With a spin attack build your dps gets much higher than just 3x. Quick melee spin attacks are VERY fast compared to equipped melee spin attacks and Atterax/Orthos Prime deal really high dps on HUGE aoe with them.

Just now, Naftal said:

I would use normal Fury instead of True Steel also.

With a spin attack build your dps gets much higher than just 3x. Quick melee spin attacks are VERY fast compared to equipped melee spin attacks and Atterax/Orthos Prime deal really high dps on HUGE aoe with them.

Yes it's gonna be way more if you use range, that's why i use maiming on literally every melee, and it brings meh weapons like the Orthos Prime you mentioned into endgame, most fun I had was with lesion though, crit-infused slash and gas procs are fun

Just now, Praxxor said:

Yes it's gonna be way more if you use range, that's why i use maiming on literally every melee, and it brings meh weapons like the Orthos Prime you mentioned into endgame, most fun I had was with lesion though, crit-infused slash and gas procs are fun

Eh, Orthos Prime was a top tier melee even before Maiming Strike.

I only use Maiming Strike with spin attack builds where I don't bother using combo counter mods.

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Eh, Orthos Prime was a top tier melee even before Maiming Strike.

I only use Maiming Strike with spin attack builds where I don't bother using combo counter mods.

Don't get me wrong, it's good on its own, but I'd not really say it's top tier right now with all these pretty crit melees, especially the Atterax, but top tier is more of a personal opinion, so it's a waste of time to argue about that

Wow this is sad to hear and its something that I can see myself in.

Doesn't take a genius to realize that people would create fake accounts just to get these mods and resell them. DE had 200 days to prevent this and exclude these mods from trading.

I feel bad for you feeling guilty but I don't feel bad for your friend anyhow. Giving away such a unique Mod is everything but smart, it was foreseeable that DE would make it untradable soon. Anyway if you nicely ask some DE staff members on Twitter, Facebook, ... to give the Mod back to your friend, they will maybe do so.

On 6/23/2016 at 3:33 PM, MKolhun said:

Now you can use only one Fury, instead of True steel + Berserker, which isn't work all time.

Doesn't Beserker stack up with each crit hit until 75% attack speed? Meaning when using a melee with medium-high crit chance it will still be better then a primed fury (55%)

Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by ArcticMantis

On 6/23/2016 at 4:38 PM, Naftal said:

I don't see a point in True Steel. I use both fury and berserker on my melee builds, because they are multiplicative.

People are overglorifying red crits while that multiplier isn't super good compared to just regular crits. Using True steel to get guaranteed red crits faster isn't as good as people think it is.

I dont agree. With base 40% crit chance + 30% naramon you gonna redcrit on x1.5 counter, on x2.5 you redcritting with redcrits upon redcrits.

Love how this player is asking for assistance in how too compensate his friend and the thread gets derailed into how too build for crit.

OP the best you can do is make some plat and give it too him and tell him sorry that people cried like babies until DE made the mod untrade able.

this mod should of never became non trade able.  If a player reached 200 logins it is their reward to do with as they please wether that meant using it or selling it!  

If they knew they did not want too use it good for them that they would have had another use for it... (Turning a profit)

On 6/23/2016 at 10:26 AM, Momaw said:

I submit to you that the thing to consider is: Are you using Body Count or not, and, what kind of melee weapon are you using.

• If you are using Body Count on a weapon with good crit chance, then Blood Rush out performs True Steel in the long run and it's overkill to have both of them because as you say, your crits get "saturated" basically.
  • If you are not using Body Count and have a weapon with mediocre crit chance, then you need your crits to stack fast more than stack high, so True Steel helps you get into reds and your combo will time out before your crit chance ever reaches saturation.

That's what I'm thinking anyway.

Or, go ahead and use Body Count, Blood Rush, True Steel, and True Punishment and get purple crits