Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix: Lunaro 5

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, Dizzle22 said:

Volt main here too. Some of us actually like to build Volt to be well rounded, which is what he is best at. Arguing that a cheese max efficiency build (with Trinity and Zenurik) is the proper way to build Volt to use his new shield is just proving our point for us. The skill drains too much damn energy. Full stop.

I will never use it, until the movement speed decrease and energy drain on movement are gone.

Anyway, we're getting there slowly. His re-work was rushed, and we're getting the proper tweaks bit by bit. 

I see what you're saying, and I don't agree with your love for balanced gameplay. I just simply have a different view of what balance is. If DE made it so volt could have a riot shield that didn't drain much energy even without the use of efficiency mod and a max rating blind rage, and an ultimate that locked enemies within 50m in place for 20 seconds and dealth large ammounts of damage with no cap and no strength mods, whilst still giving him a large shields pool (and energy pool if u play volt prime) like a lot of the players in this forum are asking -- well then that wouldn't be balance. That'd be volt can do every warframe's job better than every warframe out their and there is no point in ever using any other warframe.

Rhino skin would be pointless if u could just riot shield indefinately. Frost globe would be obsolete if volt's shields could last super long and you could cast an unlimited number of them. If they made all his abilities cost barely any energy to use there would be no need for trinity, and they might as well remove the code for the zenurik focus school. There would be no need to put rush on any frames if you could just bring a volt in to indefinately speed boost the entire team by +200% without str mods. And we would have no need for weapons if his ult could just destroy an entire room of high level enemies without effort (these are the things I see players asking for). I just think some of the stuff (not all) that people are suggesting are just OP and eleminate the need for skill or other warframes.

The way he is now, there is balance, and their is choice. You could choose to max out efficiency, so you will always have a shield in case of emergency. Or you can choose to max out strength instead so you can speed quicker and kill more enemies. Or you can choose to have a little of both. Reducing the energy cost would just make it so that modding isn't about choice anymore. It'd be about the obvious answer being max str all the time because the abilities cost little and can be spammed irregardless of whether you have flow or streamline.

I mod my volt to have a little of everything, but a little more efficiency than anything else. But I have high shields, high health, my ult gives me overshields, my 3 protects me from everything (even bombards, which frost's globe doesn't seem to do), and my speed boost is just enough to give me a healthy dose of sprint and melee speed. My number one stops retreating enemies in their tracks and stuns VIP targets like heavy gunners from a distance, giving me a chance to strike them first. He is still well rounded. I use all of his abilities equally. While earlier i was suggesting running with a trinity if energy is a problem, I myself usually go solo or with a random squad that doesn't have trinity and I've never had energy problems. I use Zenurik focus school and Cephalon Suda's weapons. I also focus mainly on the CC of volt's ultimate. I made a choice in play style to always have control over the enemy. Others have made different choices and go the route of more damage, or stealth, or supporting team mates. Those choices are honorable. I however don't agree with a player making the choice to play as (for instance) a power player, then complaining that they don't have the energypool and CC of a crowd control frame. The way I see it, if you wanted CC then you should have built for CC. If you want energy, well you have Zenurik, Suda Augments, and efficiency mods for that. Don't neglect to use any of the tools the game gives you to manage your energy and then complain that you can't manage your energy.

I'm heavily criticizing this update to Lunaro, but I wanted to say that I was skeptical at first because... well because sports. But it's an alright game that's fun to play with.

I really liked them addressing the infinite checking and making that a non issue.

Making the colored auras to emphasize teams was also a good implementation.

That's all. I just wanted to give credit where credit's due. This turned out to be a good idea and I'm thankful they did it.

Good job, DE.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to catch things in the air. Maybe I'd learn if I did the tutorial?

And the squabbles over the goal zone are a cluster, but really not so bad. If I had to make a suggestion about that, I'd say somehow limit how many people can be in the goal zone at any given time, but that might actually make things worse.

Right now, things are pretty good. Just take away the player minimum or put in bots to fill spaces and take away the 6 point join restriction, then the game will function again.

Edited by sir_deadlock
6 point join restriction? Who cares? I'll stick around for the next match. It's not like they're ranked or anything.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Volt Changes

• Allies can now backflip(aim + directional roll backwards)  to remove Volt’s Speed if they wish to opt-out. 

better.... but not quite right.... might need some testing still feels.... wrong...

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

A Public Lunaro match will now only start when 6 people have joined the lobby.

Personally I have some issues with this. 
Having to wait at the screen for 6 players to join only to start a match is painful. 
I've seen many players leaving before the 6th player could join hence not being able to even play Lunaro.

I think it would be much better if DE implemented an alternative. 
One of it is if there are 3 players, only 2 will be able to enter the game, while the 3rd player must wait till a 4th player joins
(Basically not letting players join the match until the teams are even) 

• Allies can now backflip(aim + directional roll backwards)  to remove Volt’s Speed if they wish to opt-out. 

THEY FINALLY LISTENED!!!!!!

PRAISE BE UNTO ODIN!!!! {sidenote btw, odin-frame? sounds like it has awesome potential}

now just apply this same logic to limbo with the opt-out for his banish whenever his rework happens =]

This update ruined Lunaro. Waited 10 minutes to get into one of the most one sided games I've ever been in. I didn't mind it so much when it was a quick thing I did whenever, but having to wait so long is not worth my time. I'm sure there are others who feel differently but having experienced both I would rather play a 1v2 immediately than wait and then have the same end result anyway. I could have told you this before the update so whoever thought this was a good idea either has some perspective I'm not considering or didn't think it through.

Additionally, playing 2v2 with my friends on public we had no one join, now we can't even do that. Please consider the consequences of your restrictions more carefully in the future.

Lunaro: Hotfix 5

Lunaro & Conclave Fixes and Changes

• A Public Lunaro match will now only start when 6 people have joined the lobby. This alleviates joining a game in progress that may be very one sided and not enjoying Lunaro to its fullest! 
  • Players will be unable to join a Lunaro match in progress if the score difference is greater than 6 points. 

Wow........... i get home late from work to just have a quicky Ballzy Match
De: Haha Im sorry mate We like fair matches so you will have to wait
Me : Whaaaat?!!!!! How long?
De: Depends if theres 6 People
Me: " Joins a game " and " all alone "
       * 10min Passed *
       * (Player's Name) Have Joined *
Me: OH YEA! finally 1..
       *3 Min pass*
       * (player's name) Left the game *
Me: WHAT THE HELL?!!!!
       * 10min pass*
       * (Player's name) Joined the game*
       * (Player's name) Joined the game*
Me: 2 Oh good finally 3 people now 2 more :D
       * (player's name) Left the game*
Me: Well 3 more then...
       * (player's name) Left the game*
Me: WHAT THE FUGLY FK FK = =
De: * Laughing in the background *

P.s. Just joking about the De part, Dont mean Desrespect but that how i feel ._.

So this my Exprience so far with this change which is bad btw if you dont know >>.
           *Players will be unable to join a Lunaro match in progress if the score difference is greater than 6 points.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^Oh and About this one ^^^^^^^^^^^^
          Let Say the scenario Goes Like this

3 Veterans vs 3 Starters who havn't played before
       3 veterans Scored 12 Point Before Secound Round.... and 3 Starters struggles to even catch the ball
       2 starters Left...
       No one can join.... yea... fair match dam saw this a couple of times already without the 6 Point Restriction 
       But the upside of the no restriction Lunaro is that a Veteran can still Join and Turn the table around for the Starters
       But now it just...... Who strong WHO WINS ( well it always like that but theres still like 20% of chance to win and not total Annihilation )
       Did't even play 3 games today.... now sleep then work "sigh"

P.S.S  Sorry For the Rant De But Please Do someting or just put the old lunaro back or it really is going to die Like PVP

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Allies can now backflip(aim + directional roll backwards)  to remove Volt’s Speed if they wish to opt-out. 

Can we have this for limbo's rift as well please ?

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Expanded Interception hacking terminals slightly so that bulky enemies like Chargers can get to them without requiring a dialing wand. 

I thought infected weren't supposed to be able to hack interception's terminals...

10 hours ago, -Edrick- said:

I actually never even realized that Volt's AoE speed buff to party members was even a problem to begin with that it made DE change it. Didn't think there were ALOT of people that don't like moving faster or attacking faster. 

There are times when it wasn't wanted.   Like aiming while moving and then getting a speed boost all of a sudden.  Other than that, the speed boost is cool.  Giving players the option makes it much better over all.  :D

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Lunaro: Hotfix 5

Can Limbo's Banish please be changed to work this way too?

With Parkour 2.0, a forward roll now covers a ton of ground and is one of the most efficient ways of moving (or at least extending the length of a slide).  I would very much like to be able to forward roll while in the Rift.  This seems like a superior alternative.

13 hours ago, Hamu_ said:

people are gonna be impatient and leave before it's full. the games will never start at this point!

That's us, the players' problem. At least we'll have a fair match instead of being bullied 1v3. Do you know how that feels? HUH?! ;w;

I dont agree with Lunaro's waiting for 3vs3,  it will take forever to start like this. I personally loved to play wiht my friend 1vs1 and playing 2vs1 is still possible if there is no lag.

so as Suggestions:
[]Add an "Accept" button or "Lock Match" for matches 1vs1, 2vs2.
[]Add an "Accept" Button for matches 2vs1 , or 3vs1.

Cant wait for solving this issue,
All the Best!

2 hours ago, Xylyssa said:

*cough* Saryn... *cough*

She is as good as can be, now. Many players have a lot of fun trying out all kinds of Gas/Viral/Toxin builds on weapons to synergise with her.

And I'm not sure if Mag needs changes, other than her Pull not being able to synergise with Magnetize well.

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Allies can now backflip(aim + directional roll backwards)  to remove Volt’s Speed if they wish to opt-out. 

My old post about this was deleted because it wasnt "constructive critizism"... LOL but i see u understand now why i dont wanted it to be opt-out with a normal roll...

If the players don't like the opt-out method now, how about make it a forward roll? To opt out of Volt's Speed.

Banished players should opt-out via rolling backwards instead. I accidentally get myself out of the rift at times when I just wanted to roll forward as just a substitute to coptering/bullet jumping.

My recommendation for Lunaro fair matches:

As soon as 2 players on each side exists, the game counts down from 5 and begins after. Other players can't join unless they get into the squad by pairs (2 players join the session at the same time, 1 for each team.) One player in blue team wishes to spectate or leave? The other team must sacrifice another player, either to the bench table (spectate) or leave the session.

Edited by LunarEdge7