Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PUG member knew my mod loadout. How?

Klazik

Question

It has been bothering me since yesterday.

Just for the record, he made fun of my loadout, which told me he had no clue about weaknesses, but that's another story.

How did he know which mods I equipped? Is there some sort of website that or?

Edit:

To answer all questions.

His Words were in a pm after the mission "WHO brings corrosive in an infested mission lol noob"

I have practically 0 status chance on my weapon, and he was busy doing valkyr stuff, so he couldn't possibly have seen the 1 or 2 times it would have done corrosive proc during a 30 minute mission.

And my only reaction to him was a fast ticket to ignore list ^^

Edit2: Turns out my warframe loadout hadn't saved, so was running corrosive projection. Thanks everyone.

Edited by Klazik

Are you sure he wasn't talking about corrosive projection? You can see people's aura's by mousing over their icons in the esc/status screen. 

Idunno, I comment on people's aura's sometimes, like Steel Charge for Jordas Golem, wtf.

Edited by Gelkor

WF is not rocket science if you follow standard procedures people can guesstimate your load out pretty accurately. 

For example vs Grineer people will mod for corrosive/rad, if people make fun of you for modding for the individual enemy race that just proves they are morons and have not understood a thing. 

Like people telling you to mod for blast damage vs Grineer because of blast status effect, disregarding the negative modifier.....

Edited by Numbsky1

To answer all questions.

His Words were in a pm after the mission "WHO brings corrosive in an infested mission lol noob"

I have practically 0 status chance on my weapon, and he was busy doing valkyr stuff, so he couldn't possibly have seen the 1 or 2 times it would have done corrosive proc during a 30 minute mission.

And my only reaction to him was a fast ticket to ignore list ^^

Edited by Klazik

2 minutes ago, Klazik said:

You think he may be referring to your aura mod?

But if it is your mod loadout, just forget him; he's the noob. Corrosive is ideal against Ancients, Boilers, Brood Mothers, and Mutalist Moas. They're the most threatening enemies to be left alive especially eximus variants, every other infested are pretty easy to get rid of.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

You think he may be referring to your aura mod?

But if it is your mod loadout, just forget him; he's the noob. Corrosive is ideal against Ancients, Boilers, Brood Mothers, and Mutalist Moas. They're the most threatening enemies to be left alive especially eximus variants, every other infested are pretty easy to get rid of.

Just now, SurrealEdge said:

Sounds a lot like you've brought CP into the mission.

4 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Are you sure he wasn't talking about corrosive projection? You can see people's aura's by mousing over their icons in the esc/status screen. 

Idunno, I comment on people's aura's sometimes, like Steel Charge for Jordas Golem, wtf.

You guys may be right. I'm gonna have to check when I get home.

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

People don't use SC for the actual aura effect, they use it because it gives more drain than Rifle Amp

Forma exists.

Idunno, I see people complain about Jordas being too tough, but give me weird reactions when I suggest, they bring CP or RA instead of SC, cause, when they suck at Archwing, every little bit helps.

Like I said, I only comment sometimes on auras, usually in situations where people's aura's conflict with their stated intents. 

It's either he meant your aura (Corrosive Projection), or he saw your gun shooting out green electricity.

.. I prefer to mod for Gas for my primary weapon, the lighter mobs are the real problem in the end, and a secondary with Corr/Blast to kill Healers/Disruptors fast.

35 minutes ago, Klazik said:

Some status procs are easy to identify in-mission. When dealing damage, a small symbol matching the damage type will pop up to indicate a proc of that kind of status on the enemy. (You probably already know this.) Your weapon will also have a particle effect resembling green electricity.

Since the effects of a Corrosive proc is permanent, what likely happened was that this Tenno spotted an enemy you procced with the status but didn't slay; this Infested unit would have possessed less armor than normal (or none at all), leading the Tenno to realize someone was dealing Corrosive damage.

9 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

It's probably CP aura, which is indeed very nooby thing to do. As for corrosive damage, last time I checked it was effective against Ancients.

How is bringing CP to an infested mission a nooby thing to do? Those swarm moas give enemies a good amount of armour so why wouldnt you not wanna shoot through tons of health on top of a good amount of armor? And eventually you have like 5+ parasitics spawning constantly making Energy Siphon almost nonexistant.

Edited by rawr1254

13 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

It's probably CP aura, which is indeed very nooby thing to do. As for corrosive damage, last time I checked it was effective against Ancients.

It's not nooby at all since they implemented Swarm-Mutalist MOAs.

Edit: Got ninja'd

Edited by Klazik

He--and anyone else who bothers to look--can see what aura you've equipped during the phase where the matchmaker is doing its thing.

And, yes, CP isn't the best thing you could bring, but it's not bad since there are armored infested units. I frequently forget to switch auras myself, but there isn't much better to bring with that aura slot polarity so who cares? Energy siphon would be the obvious best choice, but if you're running Zenurik, then.../shrug. Hardly matters.

If it's weapon loadout, anyone can see the procs. Also, the corrosive element is the best overall elemental combo for dealing with infested. There are some specific warframe/weapon combinations that can work better, but as a rule of thumb, if it's infested, you roll with corrosive.

16 hours ago, Klazik said:

I call him scrub instead. I've seen my weapon often doing 100k plus damage using corrosive damage in ODD (Without CP). Stupid to think not running corrosive because after a certain level infested enemies do spawn with yellow health bars (For Chargers and Runners) Plus running Valkyr? Are you seriously that scared to take damage that you would need a invincibility channeling ability to surive?