Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Bugs [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

Well...... 

lz85pKY.pngxbfDQsM.png

This happened only once I matured him, the head was there when he was a puppy...

Didnt rush the incubation, used market stuff to breed him and I think that's all the info I can provide! 

Luckily I have another Kavat. Which instead is the one without ears and with that weird face, really hope that's a bug too! 

Edited by siralextraffo

10 hours ago, Kotokopter said:

Smeeta Kavat don't teleport to you or even follow you after using Mischief

I think that just happens to all Kavats. In my experience that happend more with the Adarza than Smeeta but their AI overall is definitely buggy. I really hope DE has a fix planned.

On 10/7/2016 at 8:01 PM, Alaricus42 said:

Hello, 

I have purshased your Kavat pack (95 plat). 

When I go to the incubator it is asking me for 10 genetic codes. But they are included in the pack.

I was so happy to be able to get a kavat, but it looks like it is going to take an act of DE to get those genetic codes.

Could you please sort this problem out.

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

I have the same problem =(

2 hours ago, Gankutsugo said:

I have the same problem =(

Hello, 

When I go to the incubator it is asking me for 10 genetic codes. But they are included in the pack.

I was so happy to be able to get a kavat, but it looks like it is going to take an act of DE to get those genetic codes.

ME 3 this also happen to me

Edited by FUA_Drax
add stuff

2 hours ago, FUA_Drax said:

Hello, 

ME 3 this also happen to me

Sad to say it, but after getting a PM saying that this isn't a bug I went to market only to realize that the PM was right, that the pack sold on market doesn't include the incubator upgrade needed to breed kavats, so you'll have to obtain that bp (from dojo or hyekka master), craft it (expending those 10 gen codes included in the kavat starter pack) and then grind for 10 more gen codes or buy another pack in order to get your kavat. 

Imo, another bad move DE :/

pretty sure I bought the kavat starter kit yesterday and there was no evidence of it today - I have re-bought it but if there is anyway to prove I bought it yesterday I could do with the 95plat back.

Guy above had same issue I think.

Edited by ShadowQueen_X

Ok so after more testing of just letting the Kavat clear a mission, the biggest thing that would fix their AI is removing that crouched down/idle animation. Please get rid of that, it causes them to get stuck, get shot at while enemies are nearby (as in they won't do anything even if I'm moving and shooting), lose their targetting, not teleport (if they end up stuck in the animation which happens frequently) and as I also mentioned before it really does show how bad their tails can clip. So please just remove it as it serves no use other than to make the kavat bug out. Another bug is that the Kavat sometimes will get stuck in the level without even doing that animation which it seems to happen more with the animation but I've seen him just stand there before and not teleport for the rest of the mission. Should be looked into. You should probably check their targeting on their wall jump attack also as it's a cool one but they sometimes just jump into the wrong direction. I get that happens when you kill their target when they are in the middle of a jump but sometimes they will jump towards my warframe instead of the enemy which is rather pointless. They also try to use that jump attack when enemies are on the other side of walls/crates causing them to attempt to jump through the wall/crate which rarely ever hits anything  which is kind of a waste of time. Anyways I hope you guys plan on fixing some of those issues as I believe those 2 things being fixed would cause Kavats to be a lot less buggy and die a lot less in the field. 

Edit: TL;DR: 1. Fix/Remove the crouched animation that seems to be a placeholder for maybe an intimidate type of skill as it ruins Kavats at the moment. 2. Their jump attack shouldn't be used when enemies are on the other side of the object they are jumping off of, they will always miss. 3. They are sometimes too passive, sometimes they run in and just annihilate (I'm running low level missions for testing them) and other times they won't attack for a few seconds or at all (that's rare though), I would suggest making them more aggresive all the time as it also makes them harder targets.

Edited by Strange-Music
Added a still fairly lengthy TL;DR

I have a small one. Seem the Krest gene masking kit color Dragonlily Pink doesn't want to work in either the Base Color slot or the Tertiary Color slot on any of the 3 loadouts under Appearance. it works fine under Secondary and Accents. This one should be a simple enough fix though.

Kavat%20Glitch%202_zpspmkntm6j.pngKavat%20Glitch%203_zpsfohainc7.pngKavat%20Glitch%204_zpsqpopur5c.png

Kavat%20Glitch%201_zpsuophmjbz.png

Edited by Hochstepanzerjager

On 7/8/2016 at 6:56 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

-snip-

why isn't there a 'copy main colors' in the 'attachments' menu when looking at a kavat OR kubrow? that button was the only way to tell what the natural colors of your companion are. Where did it go Taylor?? where did it go?

On 7/11/2016 at 0:01 AM, Alaricus42 said:

Hello, 

I have to apologies to DE For my mistake. I should have read the wiki before posting. I didn't realise that it takes 10 kavat genetic codes to craft the incubator upgrade.

Once again sorry DE for my comment.

If the following conditions are met: 1) Your kubrow is in stasis, 2) You have an extra Kubrow Egg, and 3) You start building the Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment: the place where the egg normally appears will be replaced with a Double Helix. Upon leaving your ship and returning, the egg will be back where it normally is. It's possible this happens with or without the egg or if you don't have a kubrow, but that's how it happened for me.

Of course this doesn't cause any problems, but I thought it might be worth mentioning as it doesn't seem intended.