Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Taylor

Kavats Bugs [Megathread]

I know this doesn't seem like a major bug but has anyone else noticed the tail clipping from the leaf pattern tail? It seems to always be clipping through something on the kavat and it made even worse it combat as it clips right through most of the kavat's lower body.

I think I've found a couple. So first one is that the Adarza kavat seems pretty iffy about when it wants to attack and actually finding enemies. Sometimes it will go attack them, sometimes it will run around for like 10 seconds and not do anything, and sometimes it will sit in one spot like an actual cat would probably do (I was shooting and moving to make it go offensive instead of just passive and I guess it just wanted to take a little break). Let's face it, the Kubrow AI is pretty bad but at least I can rely on him to kill things, he misses most the time somehow but at least he always tries to attack. This kavat hardly ever wants to attack and when he does he normally does a backflip off a wall (which is really cool btw, points for that) into the wrong direction or just misses entirely. That should really be looked at (I have a smeeta as well and he seems to be a lot more aggressive however his AI is still pretty iffy at times). The second bug I've found is sometimes they will get stuck on objects/doors when they are doing that useless crouch/growl type of stance. I've seen this happen multiple times and it makes him entirely useless and he will always fall behind, hell I've had him get stuck to the point where the damn thing wouldn't even teleport to me no matter how far away I got. I would suggest just taking that animation out, it's useless and seems to be pretty buggy overall anyways (it also reveals how badly the tails clip as it goes right through them when they crouch down so again, it's pointless). Also, the damage on the Kavats seems very odd compared to Kubrows. Kubrows absolute max damage can be around 10k, it's less than half that for Kavats which while they can have AoE, they never actually seem to pull those attacks off very well. So either have bite add some kind of slash damage or fix their AI a bit to where it's easier for them to actually do AoE attacks as they are pretty rare right now. Lastly, fix the clipping on the tails. I'm pretty curious on how they got past testing with tails that clipped through themselves but it should seriously be looked at, it just looks god awful. Anyways that's about all I found, if somebody else can confirm some of those issues happening to your Kavat it would be appreciated.

In your profile, Kavats are considered Sentinels and Kubrows are considered separate, while if you look at your mods/the Codex, Kavats and Kubrow mods are under the category of companions.

When Kavats try and follow you into the upper part of the orbiter and the ramp closes before they can get up there this happens.

sqJObYR.jpg?1

Well...... 

lz85pKY.pngxbfDQsM.png

This happened only once I matured him, the head was there when he was a puppy...

Didnt rush the incubation, used market stuff to breed him and I think that's all the info I can provide! 

Luckily I have another Kavat. Which instead is the one without ears and with that weird face, really hope that's a bug too! 

10 hours ago, Kotokopter said:

Smeeta Kavat don't teleport to you or even follow you after using Mischief

I think that just happens to all Kavats. In my experience that happend more with the Adarza than Smeeta but their AI overall is definitely buggy. I really hope DE has a fix planned.

my kavat was born with big ears, and a feather type thing as a tail. but when i matured it it lost it's ears and grew 5 ugly tails. this bug needs fixed.

On 10/7/2016 at 8:01 PM, Alaricus42 said:

Hello, 

I have purshased your Kavat pack (95 plat). 

When I go to the incubator it is asking me for 10 genetic codes. But they are included in the pack.

I was so happy to be able to get a kavat, but it looks like it is going to take an act of DE to get those genetic codes.

Could you please sort this problem out.

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

I have the same problem =(

Smaller bug but still annoying, I bought the new gene-masking kits for the Kavats and they both clip on the back of my Adarza's head. (thankfully he was born with one at least!)7e3aea4d32950399ad03fd0024a95716.png 

2 hours ago, Gankutsugo said:

I have the same problem =(

Hello, 

When I go to the incubator it is asking me for 10 genetic codes. But they are included in the pack.

I was so happy to be able to get a kavat, but it looks like it is going to take an act of DE to get those genetic codes.

ME 3 this also happen to me

2 hours ago, FUA_Drax said:

Hello, 

ME 3 this also happen to me

Sad to say it, but after getting a PM saying that this isn't a bug I went to market only to realize that the PM was right, that the pack sold on market doesn't include the incubator upgrade needed to breed kavats, so you'll have to obtain that bp (from dojo or hyekka master), craft it (expending those 10 gen codes included in the kavat starter pack) and then grind for 10 more gen codes or buy another pack in order to get your kavat. 

Imo, another bad move DE :/

I just purchased the Kavat Starter Kit and don't see my genetic codes. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

As I mentioned in another topic: I bought the starter kit, built the incubator segment and what do I see?  Available genetic codes 1/10

pretty sure I bought the kavat starter kit yesterday and there was no evidence of it today - I have re-bought it but if there is anyway to prove I bought it yesterday I could do with the 95plat back.

Guy above had same issue I think.

Ok so after more testing of just letting the Kavat clear a mission, the biggest thing that would fix their AI is removing that crouched down/idle animation. Please get rid of that, it causes them to get stuck, get shot at while enemies are nearby (as in they won't do anything even if I'm moving and shooting), lose their targetting, not teleport (if they end up stuck in the animation which happens frequently) and as I also mentioned before it really does show how bad their tails can clip. So please just remove it as it serves no use other than to make the kavat bug out. Another bug is that the Kavat sometimes will get stuck in the level without even doing that animation which it seems to happen more with the animation but I've seen him just stand there before and not teleport for the rest of the mission. Should be looked into. You should probably check their targeting on their wall jump attack also as it's a cool one but they sometimes just jump into the wrong direction. I get that happens when you kill their target when they are in the middle of a jump but sometimes they will jump towards my warframe instead of the enemy which is rather pointless. They also try to use that jump attack when enemies are on the other side of walls/crates causing them to attempt to jump through the wall/crate which rarely ever hits anything  which is kind of a waste of time. Anyways I hope you guys plan on fixing some of those issues as I believe those 2 things being fixed would cause Kavats to be a lot less buggy and die a lot less in the field. 

Edit: TL;DR: 1. Fix/Remove the crouched animation that seems to be a placeholder for maybe an intimidate type of skill as it ruins Kavats at the moment. 2. Their jump attack shouldn't be used when enemies are on the other side of the object they are jumping off of, they will always miss. 3. They are sometimes too passive, sometimes they run in and just annihilate (I'm running low level missions for testing them) and other times they won't attack for a few seconds or at all (that's rare though), I would suggest making them more aggresive all the time as it also makes them harder targets.

Running equinox (night form) to scan kavats, using rest on night form so they don't jump around but if they take any form of damage they become unable to be scanned. Don't think rest should be doing this to them.

For those of you with headless and tailless Kavats, go to either the B or C tab for Appearance: The head and tail will show up...but only when B or C are selected.

I have a small one. Seem the Krest gene masking kit color Dragonlily Pink doesn't want to work in either the Base Color slot or the Tertiary Color slot on any of the 3 loadouts under Appearance. it works fine under Secondary and Accents. This one should be a simple enough fix though.

Kavat%20Glitch%202_zpspmkntm6j.pngKavat%20Glitch%203_zpsfohainc7.pngKavat%20Glitch%204_zpsqpopur5c.png

Kavat%20Glitch%201_zpsuophmjbz.png

For the smeeta kavat, the pounce mod is counting as a precept when its marked as a madurai. I can't seem to add pics for some reason. http://imgur.com/a/zpeZf

I have also found that sharpened claws do the same thing. Is this on purpose?

On 7/8/2016 at 6:56 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

-snip-

why isn't there a 'copy main colors' in the 'attachments' menu when looking at a kavat OR kubrow? that button was the only way to tell what the natural colors of your companion are. Where did it go Taylor?? where did it go?