The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

Uhm... I had more than 7 Void Keys T1, T2 and T4. They're gone now. I understand they're a new thing now and all, but couldn't you at least pay out their platinum value on my account? That would seem at least "fair", because I've grinded them like a retard, and now they're just gone, and I don't get anything as a substitute. That's not really nice :/

Just now, Ferah_Frithu said:

Uhm... I had more than 7 Void Keys T1, T2 and T4. They're gone now. I understand they're a new thing now and all, but couldn't you at least pay out their platinum value on my account? That would seem at least "fair", because I've grinded them like a retard, and now they're just gone, and I don't get anything as a substitute. That's not really nice :/

I stockpiled hundreds over the years I have been playing, imagine the pain i felt D:

Feedback; 

• The new map is very confusing but il get use to it
  • The new void key system "relic's" not a single person has a clue how it work's i think it was a very bad idea to just dump it on people with no information
  • The new market place frankly i just hate it, it's awkward to navigate, i preferred the old one over it hands down.
  • the game has been crashing near the end of most missions
  • i would like the new side panel for when we mouse over a node the one thats gives a description of objectives on that planet to remain there, and maybe mouse over the objectives in it to go to them on the map ie: complete 0/1 archwing mission - mouse over it to go to it. 

Just now, Ferah_Frithu said:

you did it transfered to a specter thingy, read patch notes

1 minute ago, The_Daleatron said:

Feedback; 

• The new map is very confusing but il get use to it
  • The new void key system "relic's" not a single person has a clue how it work's i think it was a very bad idea to just dump it on people with no information
  • The new market place frankly i just hate it, it's awkward to navigate, i preferred the old one over it hands down.
  • the game has been crashing near the end of most missions
  • i would like the new side panel for when we mouse over a node the one thats gives a description of objectives on that planet to remain there, and maybe mouse over the objectives in it to go to them on the map ie: complete 0/1 archwing mission - mouse over it to go to it. 

They did release info on it before the update and there is more info in the patch notes and Lotus tells you a lot in the mission..

1 minute ago, Drag0nChaser said:

you did it transfered to a specter thingy, read patch notes

Far too confusing. Besides, I have no clue how to use these, and the Void is not accessible at all for me, so I presume I have to do extra stuff now, to get into the Void. Sorry... can't be arsed to do that. :/

2 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

They did release info on it before the update and there is more info in the patch notes and Lotus tells you a lot in the mission..

i have not got any info on it ingame, and nothing from lotus about it either...the guild im in just people being totally confused, Lfg channel is dead. 

10 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

Does it really ruin your day to hover over a couple nodes?

its the fact the the last one worked fine and they give you this tenticale swarm excuse of a better map. i am a new player starting earlier this week and this has made the game a living nightmare to play and i am infuriated i spent so much time playing an awesome game only for a new update to completely ruin the experiance for me. i cannot even find a new mission. if a alert if over a node you have to wait. i am STILL waiting to do a singular sabotage. i asked my friend today who considered getting warframe today had credit card ready for plat how the starmap looked and he said it looked like hell. honestly i dont see how this is any form of improvment. i am looking for a revoke update before logging in. not to mention crashing 14 times in 15min. i have crashed once every minute. it is so infuriating

Making me play in a lvl 6-8 area is just not what i had in mind.. need eximus units now, i mean seriously couldn´t you put them like in a global way? kill 10 eximus units period and not 10 eximus on Venus? seriously.. i fell like im in the stone age again lmao.

Aaaaand only 3 Fissures available...two on Corpus nodes, and one on a Void tile that is locked behind a 40 - 45 MD mission.

I just logged off. 

Time to go play a game that actually WANTS me to enjoy my time. This is absolutely ridiculous. Whole lot of time and development effort into making the game functionally worse...

The Void Fissure FX is going to get really old and really annoying really fast!

The screen shake, the over loud spawn in sounds, the haze, the color correction. All of needs to be pulled back like 90%. You went too much!

It's like playing Battleborn. Only with more screen shake (which is bad). Stop with the screen shake already!

24 minutes ago, Gilmaesh said:

credits bp is not really intuitive too. New players will be lost

I agree with most of what you said but wanted to expand on this^

Unfortunately, it seems DE WANTS new players to be confused and buy with plat instead of buying the bp with credits.  It's sad because (and maybe I'm wrong) I think DE is doing pretty good financially.  I mean...Tennocon can't be cheap to host and that's a thing.  Plus, people do buy plat, prime access, and Warframe swag.

I really hope the bp thing was just an oversight and not a sign of DE trying to confuse new players into spending plat.

So, I just played this update. It sucks.

• First of all, the junctions are an all-right idea, but the implementation is horrible. First of all, things you have done before, you have to do again to unlock the junctions. Also, when me and 2 friends tried to kill The Jackal for the Mercury junction, only the person to kill Jackal got it checked of at the junction. Next to that, one of the junctions requires you to do fissures, which I will talk about later, and it just straight up didn't work. We completed a fissure, and it just did not show up at the junction list.
  • Fissures: horrible, way too hard, way too much nullifiers, those thing you need to pick up don't drop enough. The nullifiers are horrible, the level is extremely high, the units are way too strong, you don't have enough time, too much normal units spawn, all the units spawn in horrible positions.
  • StarChart: A mess, a complete and utter mess.
  • Tutorials: Non-existent. Like really? You put in all this new stuff, and you don't teach anyone how to use it.
  • Market: Even worse than the StarChart. Organised in a seemingly random fashion, blueprints unfindable, I needed to explain to my friends how it worked, as they were scared off by the fat platinum price tag.
  • Allied markers: horrible, bring the old ones back.

Guys...I'd love to just rage here over this update...but for the future...if you make major changes...make more visible WHAT changes HOW MUCH, AND...please for the love of whatever the @(*()$ hell you hold dear...implement some sort of new tutorial or whatever that helps players to adjust to the changes so they know what's different etc.

Some sort of explanation for the maps would be nice, MORE CLEARLY pointing out WHERE to find the things that were so obvious beforehand...with the last point I especially talk about the blueprints. No more able to get back to my ship from the menu when in town? Do I have to walk back manually now? Was easily done before. Also what do I have to do with the Cephalon Fragments? No way to interact, no chance to find out how and what to do with it. Can only assume I have to use codex scanners? Nowhere do I get hint of whether I'm right or wrong about this.

Generally I was #*($%%@ with this update. I'm merely playing for 5 days and am overwhelmed by the changes. Just my @(*()$ luck.

I love your game, even call it the better Destiny, but still...don't F*** around like this.

welp in my opinion the update is amazing so far 

map takes a bit getting used to for old players  but convenient and cool  once you figure it  out 

Fissures: are cancer because of the nullifier spam  wich wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt because Everything else that is not a nullifier is a super armored unit stuff like bombards and heavy gunners  with  ancients mixed in  , but that is my only complaint about it  

the new market is  nice but  since the blueprint tabs are kinda hidden  it is gonna be detrimental and most players wont figure it  out for a while and will think the game went pay to play 

allied markers  im kinda liking it helps me find specific team mates  quickly 

Archwing incredibly enough as soon i got onto  an archwing mission  it felt  way  easier and more natural to control   so i dint even need to spend time getting used to  probably 30 seconds at most  figuring out how to do the side  evade  thing wich was basically dash with space and  move to the side  so that was great

all in all  the negatives i see    around are mostly because players dint read the patch notes  and havent bother playing the game to familiarize with stuff

also draco nerf

Okay this patch has serious issues, 1st, the market blueprints are incredibly out of the way almost to the point that they are impossible to find, I go to the market, go to warframes, and everything is for plat, so I search for blueprints in general, dont find anything, go to main page, try again, finds cipher and restore blueprints, after idk how long looking around, I find that ya need to click the thing you want to get, then click the credits tab, this is a massive oversight and honestly gives me the impressions that DE really want people to spend plat on things or they wouldnt put it in such an incredibly hard spot to find (seriousley, no1 would click on something that costs plat to find out that there is a small thing that makes it cost credits).

the music in the market changes every few seconds and is highly annoying for whatever reason.

the solar map looks cool, but has the same problem that the old one did for me, it doesnt scale with anything above 1080p, weather thats ultra wide or uhd, the planet names are in the wrong spot and move around differently to everything else, I even pointed this issue out to DE with the previous solar map, so it astounds me that it persists. Edit: DE have now fixed this for 21:9 aspect ratio, idk if the same can be said for uhd/4k and a more extreme wide aspect ratio, but its a start

The weapon holsters cost plat, why, this should be free, most of the holsters float really far off the frame or are just not lined up well, the position changing sliders do nothing, and about 20% of the time I try to click change holster, the UI bugs out on me and wont do anything, forcing me to quit and restart the game. The staff holsters use a holster that requires platinum but if you change to the free one, you cant change back Edit: DE have fixed this too but I honestly dont know how they missed it in the 1st place, additionally, people who equipped the "premium", it's not premium, holster, can still use it as long as they dont re-equip the regular one (the regular one is better though, just go with that). The holsters should not cost money, shame on you DE (at least if your gonna charge money for something, make sure it @(*()$ works first).

The news feed links to the update on the main site, not the patch notes in the forums, not cool.

lastly, there is a massive memory leak, my entire 32G ram got filled and it froze my computer just browsing the market, this needs to be fixed asap.

DE said they wanted to release this update in chunks so that everything worked, well, its still broken.

Edit: This thread may not be for the new update, but there is no way I am cutting up this post into 5 different threads for the new update, the new update should just be 1 thread, if DE really wanted people to have feedback about specific things, they should just ask people to do a bold 1st line then some feedback, example

Archwing:

this is stuff about archwings

Edited by I-Am-MoMoJoJo
DE fixed some marginal issues

My husband and I just did a mission in the Void with the Void Fissure, the node is called Mot. I went as Mesa and her went as Trinity, so we were literally mowing down enemies. Yet, for the three minutes the fissure was open, we managed to get only 4 Reactants. We got plenty of life support though. Is it possible that life support drops in survival override Reactants?

6 minutes ago, Lijka said:

My husband and I just did a mission in the Void with the Void Fissure, the node is called Mot. I went as Mesa and her went as Trinity, so we were literally mowing down enemies. Yet, for the three minutes the fissure was open, we managed to get only 4 Reactants. We got plenty of life support though. Is it possible that life support drops in survival override Reactants?

Yeah, DE, you guys have a problem with Void Fissures in Survival missions. Basically....RNG can just completely and utterly screw players out of mission completion, because you can very easily run into a situation where you simply cannot get enough of both Life Support and Reactant. That is quite literally what just happened to me in Mot, and I wouldn't be so annoyed with you guys if it hadn't been for the fact that I also just got a Reinforced Orokin container, whose containers were of course lost when the mission failed.

Look....this system is great for people playing in groups, but it's basically a huge middle finger to solo players. Please consider this. If nothing else, then for the love of God would you at least make the Void missions now open to public matchmaking?

I'm really annoyed, to be honest. I wanted to like the update, but as someone who enjoys playing solo, I just feel completely screwed over.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Whats the deal with the archwing? The archwing is so in the frame now I can't see anything. Just failed a mission because I could not get my warframe out of the way to see what I was fighting. The archwing was fine before but now its jacked up. Used to be fun.

I'm experiencing a monstrous FPS drop, had to force quit the game after completing an excavation on earth cus i got stuck on the reward table...everything was running just fine before this update ( FPS wise ) , i guess i'll try again after a few hotfixes cus there's no way im gonna play at 5-15 fps

Edited by arm4geddon-117

List of issues with this update:

• No additional tutorials for the new systems. Really seems like a "**** you, figure it out."
  • I now know what motion sickness feels like after playing a few Archwing missions. My word, why was that changed? It doesn't make Archwing more fun, just more confusing.
  • Fissures: Good idea, nice reward structure with being able to choose between teammates' rewards at the end of the mission.
    • Horrible implementation. So you spawn 15-30 Corrupted enemies who no longer attack uncorrupted units on top of me in such a small area that I can't distinguish between units while trying to look for an Ancient Healer and trying to kill one of the five Nullifiers and I'm dead. Yay. AND I'm under a time limit? Oh, 15 seconds left and nothing's dropping reagent or whatever.
    • Just as much of a confusing cluster**** with a team. Just slightly more manageable.
    • I've finished 3 Lia fissures for the Phobos junction, and have 0/3 on the challenge. So what, do I have to wait for them to pop up on Mars for it to count?
  • Star Chart: My goodness. I'm a veteran on Xbone and I'm confused as all hell. Went to Saturn, which I know I didn't finish on PC, and I have no idea what I've finished and what I haven't.
    • I feel a better system would have been to have a grid system on the planet, similar to Star Chart 2.0, instead of having floating dots everywhere with small lines that don't mean anything to me because, hey, no new tutorials for the whole thing.

I'm sorry, because I know all of you spent a lot of time and worked incredibly hard to get this update out before Tennocon, but because of that this update seems half-baked. I like the ideas behind most of the additions and changes to various systems, but the implementation of them is horrible. I hope the next couple of updates address some of the issues the community has.

Edited by QU67

Yeah, that is basically the issue. 

"Whoop, the corrupted aren't dropping Reactant fast enough for you to be able to seal the Fissure, I hope you have literally no other mission concerns to deal with because oh look Mission Failed."

Let me see.

The mission types on which this will not be catastrophic includes basically just Exterminate, Capture, Mobile Defence (between or after consoles) and Sabotage. Maybe Spy.

If Fissures show up on Survival missions, don't bother.