Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone who actually enjoys the "Treasure Hunt" for fissures?

NativeKiller

Just now, PAX_NL said:

The pace got pretty much evened out across the board. The exterminates and captures take longer, the survivals and such take a lot less time. And now the parts are only linked to the rank of the mission and which relic you choose to bring along.

And as a bonus at the end you get four choices ranging from several prime parts to forma bps, so you can grind for parts in a more focused manner.

I only ran three missions in the new system and already got 2 parts I didn't have yet because they were hidden in C rotations of T4 intercept or the derelicts (and I personally hated the derelict defense and survival droprates)

That's nice news to hear!

Guess it isn't all that bad after all. :D

...I still don't like treasure hunts, since I never like them. (LOL)

3 minutes ago, (XB1)C0gnitive 0n3 said:

Can someone, please, explain what these fissures do? I mean, why feed into them? Do you get a reward out of it or something?

IIRC, you have to;

1) Enter the Void mission with a relic equipped

2) Then feed the fissure to stabilize in order to open your relic

Otherwise, you won't get a "reward" for beating the Void mission

49 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Just did a fissure treasure hunt thingie in an extermination mission, got molested by nullifiers and bursas, then the fissure collapsed at 70%. 10/10 would fail again.

Sounds like grindframe is fun again

1 hour ago, (XB1)C0gnitive 0n3 said:

Can someone, please, explain what these fissures do? I mean, why feed into them? Do you get a reward out of it or something?

There are now special fissure missions on the star chart. Start one of those and equip a relic (your old void keys got turned into them).

Once in the mission you will find a void fissure to feed your relic to (they look like big flaming tears in space, hard to miss). The fissures I've found so far were all in a pretty big room slightly of the ground near the center of the room.

Once the fissure is activated a whole bunch of void enemies will spawn in around it in waves and when killed they drop some sort of reactant orbs (they glow gold, pretty easy to spot) pick them up like you would an excavator power cell and with it in your hand jump into the fissure (walking into it doesn't always work). Each reactant gives 10% progress towards fissure closure. Once closed finish the rest of the mission like normal and at the end you get a roll at a reward from you relic and from each squadmate's relic (if they equipped one).

You can now choose one reward out of up to four relics if everyone equipped one. You need to have a relic equipped to be able to choose though.

So far it seems a lot of the bad A and B rotation rewards (cores, keys and orokin cells) have disappeared and the chances at the part you want are higher than they were before (at least in my experience). Also the derelict rewards (trinity prime and nova prime parts that dropped there) are folded into this new system, so its now more of a one stop shop grind instead of a wide range of specific missions.

Edited by PAX_NL
Edited for spelling.

I have not tried the new update yet but I should ask of you guys to give it time, warframe wasn't made in a day.

It may or may not be as bad as you think it's, I mean c'mon, we can exploit this ;) we're tennos right?

But seriously though, I know change is somewhat hard to accept at first but lets take it in slowly for now.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Does the fissure appear on mini map like hidden caches?

I think it does. Also when you're on the tile that has the fissure, Lotus will act like you saw it. Finding it shouldn't be a problem. What is a problem is public matchmaking and people finishing the objective and extracting, running past it in the process :D 

The time limit can be really annoying when doing this solo on a high level mission. I miss the credit rewards one used to get in high level void key missions.
Apart from that, though, I'm starting to like it. I'm already receiving a bunch of items I've been grinding to find for aaaages. Seems faster and less painful now.

6 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

It just seems like one more unnecessary chore, at least for me.

6 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

The new way of obtaining them is difficult and even more grindy than before :|

Edited by Awazx

It seems to be easier to get the things you want, so a big plus in that regard, but I wonder if the excavation-like mechanism will get old and grindy.  Plus I think the nullifier quotient is probably a bit too high atm, they're more of annoyance than fun, there should just be a tad fewer of them.

14 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I'm already receiving a bunch of items I've been grinding to find for aaaages. Seems faster and less painful now.

Shhh.....This may not be working as intended. 

I too have noticed a general increased drop chance overall. I don't know if it will last. DE may adjust drop rate in groups, it may be too lucrative now

I love the fissure system. And as far as finding them is concerned, they've always been on the main mission path so far. 

15 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

One thing though - nullifiers sometimes spawning DIRECTLY ON TOP OF ME, so I'm instantly standing right inside the freaking bubble... that's a major Richard relocation! -_-

This can be annoying. I gave up on using scarab armour around a fissure. 

6 hours ago, PAX_NL said:

There are now special fissure missions on the star chart. Start one of those and equip a relic (your old void keys got turned into them).

Once in the mission you will find a void fissure to feed your relic to (they look like big flaming tears in space, hard to miss). The fissures I've found so far were all in a pretty big room slightly of the ground near the center of the room.

Once the fissure is activated a whole bunch of void enemies will spawn in around it in waves and when killed they drop some sort of reactant orbs (they glow gold, pretty easy to spot) pick them up like you would an excavator power cell and with it in your hand jump into the fissure (walking into it doesn't always work). Each reactant gives 10% progress towards fissure closure. Once closed finish the rest of the mission like normal and at the end you get a roll at a reward from you relic and from each squadmate's relic (if they equipped one).

You can now choose one reward out of up to four relics if everyone equipped one. You need to have a relic equipped to be able to choose though.

So far it seems a lot of the bad A and B rotation rewards (cores, keys and orokin cells) have disappeared and the chances at the part you want are higher than they were before (at least in my experience). Also the derelict rewards (trinity prime and nova prime parts that dropped there) are folded into this new system, so its now more of a one stop shop grind instead of a wide range of specific missions.

see, this doesn't make it sound so bad. or are you just a master of deception?

I imagine any problems will be ironed out before console gets it anyway. and I'm all for anything that stops me getting Junk as often.