Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You know what really upsets me the most?

Renathy

The developers worked vigorously and tirelessly, even through the late hours of the dead of the night, to provide their community with something fresh and enjoyable. A change in the pace of the game and improved features. They are willing to combat exhaustion to be able to keep a flow of content. I have never seen such developers hard at work in my entire life. Their passion for their project is beyond unimaginable. They try their best to appeal to all, whether it be the players or the consumers by listening to feedback and adapting around it. It's not every developer that cares to do so. In this day and age, it's not every developer that commits. The money speaks louder than words, unfortunately.

The reception of the community was simply degrading and toxic at best, as per usual. Why am I not surprised? Some players disliked one aspect of the update and demanded it to be reverted back to its original state. Change is something we're inherently afraid of. It's one of the most common fears but nothing prejudicial. The problem is those kind of people will not adapt to new situations because of their fears and they become blind to the advantages of said situations.

What really upsets me is that this has been going for as long as I can remember. A new major update hits our games and there's an outburst of enraged community members and severely heated discussions. This game has the massive support of the developers and yet, it's always criticized for trying to evolve past their roots and improve it wherever possible. In the long-run, however, issues arise every so often but even then, there is a constant need to fix them. Sometimes soon, sometimes late. I admit it but no one is perfect and they are certainly not machines. They're human beings, like you and I, and I think many people fail to realize that.

My appeal to the community is that feedback should be provided with thought and understanding. We work together best if we can discuss ideas in a civilized manner, instead of demanding changes because it's not up to par or it simply doesn't meet the players standards. Can you imagine if the developers didn't care at all? That's a very common case, regrettably. It's today's gaming market. - But Digital Extremes can and will for us, not for them. That, alone, fills me with glee, knowing they're more passionate about their project rather than the money they could possibly vacuum out of our wallets, as it is the case with many degenerate companies.

Please stop and take your time to think and keep this topic as humane and civilized as possible, otherwise it would only prove my point from the very beginning and I have written an appeal to no avail.

Edited by JRMC
Minor grammatical errors

You know what upsets me the most? Not the changes, I love them. The god damn BUGS! The game reverts to windowed mode every time I quit now (how the hell did they manage that?), and I keep getting stuck on the mission success screen with no way to exit it aside from Alt+F4. GG.

I'm not devbashing or what, I love them, I just can't

But this time I understand the general disapointment. Some things was not clear, like they said they'll bring custom holsters since month, and now we have to pay for them (and they're bugged)

They said the new starchart will be endgame friendly, with a difficulty level selector. Nothing, the actual new starchart is even easier.

I'm ok with a reboot, it's needed (imo it's a shame that Nef and Derf are not in it) but I don't want to replay the whole starchart with my full stuff, it's just useless gameplay wise... It's not cool more than 20mn to rekt everything like a god.

So the update idea is great, but as usual, the realisation is meh

1 minute ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

You know what upsets me the most? Not the changes, I love them. The god damn BUGS! The game reverts to windowed mode every time I quit now (how the hell did they manage that?), and I keep getting stuck on the mission success screen with no way to exit it aside from Alt+F4. GG.

Have you even tried verifying your files or contacting support to further examine your issue to come up with a possible solution?

4 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

But this time I understand the general disapointment. Some things was not clear, like they said they'll bring custom holsters since month, and now we have to pay for them (and they're bugged)

They said the new starchart will be endgame friendly, with a difficulty level selector. Nothing, the actual new starchart is even easier.

I'm ok with a reboot, it's needed (imo it's a shame that Nef and Derf are not in it) but I don't want to replay the whole starchart with my full stuff, it's just useless gameplay wise... It's not cool more than 20mn to rekt everything like a god.

So the update idea is great, but as usual, the realisation is meh

Paid cosmetics is a big part of Warframe. Whether it be skins, animations or scarves, it will always be available for premium currency. But it's something that can be easily obtainable with the trading feature.

As for the star-chart's difficulty selector, I did hear talk about it, but it might have been a scrapped idea. They are always constantly changing as they progress. It's only normal.

3 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Have you even tried verifying your files or contacting support to further examine your issue to come up with a possible solution?

Support is slow at the best of times, post patch is not the best of times. The window mode isn't fixed by verifying, or even by selecting full screen on the launcher. My game insists on starting windowed with sound muted everytime. I get the permanent mission end screen, my junction progress is not saved on most nodes etc.

DE is lacking in the QA department, but anyone who's been around for a few patches expects this, it's just a matter of waiting a few months for the fixes to roll in before the cycle repeats. Unless the next part of U19 is as bad, then who knows.

8 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Verifying doesn't fix anything, and there have already been bug reports in the relevant subforums. Nothing to do but wait, as usual.

4 minutes ago, Keltik0ne said:

DE is lacking in the QA department, but anyone who's been around for a few patches expects this, it's just a matter of waiting a few months for the fixes to roll in before the cycle repeats. Unless the next part of U19 is as bad, then who knows.

I wouldn't say months. Some issues have higher priority than others and those problems seem quite frustrating, so I'm assuming they will prioritize those issues sooner than later.

Edited by JRMC

4 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Paid cosmetics is a big part of Warframe. Whether it be skins, animations or scarves, it will always be available for premium currency. But it's something that can be easily obtainable with the trading feature.

As for the star-chart's difficulty selector, I did hear talk about it, but it might have been a scrapped idea. They are always constantly changing as they progress. It's only normal.

They could say we'll have to pay for it, but this is a minor point.

And you point out a real problem with DE, they say everything, even if it's just a scrapped idea they'll talk about it. In the same way they'll talk about true content. And since that level gauge is the best thing for endgame, I don't understand how they can forgot about it.

Today's update brought a lot of big changes, so of course jimmies are going to be rustled - some people have expectations, while others are used to the old things. (Personally, I think the new starchart could benefit from bigger markers; my general reaction was "whoaaa.." and "whuh?")

But hey, if it's any consolation, I haven't heard anyone complaining about dem cats :D

This is Warframe community. What have you expected? I personally really love the new update, ofc. there are some bugs that need to be fixed, but overall I freaking love it! Finally this game got more interesting. Finally we got reasons to play on all the planets, not only Void or lazy people on Draco.

This update hasnt got much of interest for me.

The starchart change I like because its much easier to navigate then the old one where you had to keep clicking back and forth. Its almost the same as the first which also brings back some nostalgia.

About the void change l have some questionmarks about because I had 1k in keys but only received a couple 100 projections. Not a huge fan of the change.

I like cats so kavat update is cool. Hate the grind though.

The nullifier buff killed the update for me. They spawn more frequent are are stronger. Gg no fun allowed.

I know the devs work hard and I appreciate that. But as a customer I have the right to critisize and I rate the update a 4/10.

5 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

And you point out a real problem with DE, they say everything, even if it's just a scrapped idea they'll talk about it. In the same way they'll talk about true content. And since that level gauge is the best thing for endgame, I don't understand how they can forgot about it.

They talk about it to get feedback from the community and then they decide whether it is or is not a good idea. This game is still in its testing phase, so listening to the community is more important than ever. They don't want to create something only to be ignored at the end of the day. Though the game's difficulty might be revamped soon, too. There's been talk about enemy scaling and weapon damage. We'll see.

Edited by JRMC

30 minutes ago, JRMC said:

The developers worked vigorously and tirelessly, even through the late hours of the dead of the night, to provide their community with something fresh and enjoyable. A change in the pace of the game and improved features. They are willing to combat exhaustion to be able to keep a flow of content. I have never seen such developers hard at work in my entire life. Their passion for their project is beyond unimaginable. They try their best to appeal to all, whether it be the players or the consumers by listening to feedback and adapting around it. It's not every developer that cares to do it. In this day in age, it's not every developer that commits. The money speaks louder than words, unfortunately.

The GT devs slept under their tables during the development of GT5... just sayin ;)

But i get what you are saying. DE should create a members group called "Potato land", and if you can't provide anything useful for the devs to work off of, then it's a one way trip to potato land for you!

I like the update. It needs a bit more work and refining of certain aspects. But overall, i like this direction. I don't like the fact that credit blueprints are now hidden behind paid blueprints, and that the Vault still remains, if i were to find my way to potato land, it would be pitchforking about that.

Edited by MillbrookWest

23 minutes ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

your setting in the launcher were reset, go there and it shouldnt start windowed anymore.

also- if you hate bugs, DONT play on patch day

16 minutes ago, Keltik0ne said:

Support is slow at the best of times, post patch is not the best of times. The window mode isn't fixed by verifying, or even by selecting full screen on the launcher. My game insists on starting windowed with sound muted everytime. I get the permanent mission end screen, my junction progress is not saved on most nodes etc.

I have none of these. Maybe try removing the launcher and reinstalling it fresh? Make a printscreen of your settings and bindings if you need

Edited by Bouldershoulder

You are expecting rational thought on the internet. Not going to happen.

The changes are immense, but in my own experience, with the exception of the new Archwign mission, 'Rush' which is essentially unplayable as it is for most players, everything else is more efficient, cleaner and easier.

Problem is, it is DIFFERENT and people don't LIKE different.

Especially when their favorite cheesy exploit goes away.

43 minutes ago, JRMC said:

The developers worked vigorously and tirelessly, even through the late hours of the dead of the night, to provide their community with something fresh and enjoyable. A change in the pace of the game and improved features. They are willing to combat exhaustion to be able to keep a flow of content. I have never seen such developers hard at work in my entire life. Their passion for their project is beyond unimaginable. They try their best to appeal to all, whether it be the players or the consumers by listening to feedback and adapting around it. It's not every developer that cares to do it. In this day in age, it's not every developer that commits.

and we got a devbuild with a hell-ton of bugs 

thats... quite sad

Amen.

5 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Get over it.

It's the longest delay between 2 major updates that we had so far. And if things are bad, we will point them out and not blindly celebrate it.

No one is asking you to blindly celebrate it. In fact, you SHOULD be pointing out what you feel is wrong with it. But you should be doing so in a civil, mature and respectful manner. JRMC is trying to address the extremely toxic nature that some of the "feedback" has taken on. I placed feedback in quotes because when feedback fails to remain respectful, it is not good feedback.

Good feedback helps improve the game, and good feedback is:

1. Negative in content; in that it aims to identify and improve something that needs improvement, and
  2. Respectful, in that it treats the developers like actual people and not scum of the earth.

16 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

your setting in the launcher were reset, go there and it shouldnt start windowed anymore.

also- if you hate bugs, DONT play on patch day

Are you saying you love bugs? Weird. Also, I'm gonna be playing whenever I can, and I will be complaining about bugs that shouldn't be there if they had proper QA.

2 minutes ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Are you saying you love bugs? Weird. Also, I'm gonna be playing whenever I can, and I will be complaining about bugs that shouldn't be there if they had proper QA.

We ARE their Q&A.

They CANNOT find every single bug and exploit even if they had years to do it. We can and do. More eyes on the problem = more problems found to be fixed. Simple.

Edited by Kalenath

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Get over it.

It's the longest delay between 2 major updates that we had so far. And if things are bad, we will point them out and not blindly celebrate it.

Quoted for truth.

Parts of the update I love, but other parts are, imo, bad decisions and poor execution. You can't improve something if you only praise it.