Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

Trust me if there was a deadline they knew they could live by, the community would know about it in a heartbeat. People don't keep secrets for fun, they're typically for security. And people get upset when deadlines arent met because it shows lack of responsibility to the community. DE is a company. It has a name, and employees, and income and projects. In the business world, projects have deadlines, and you take them seriously. Im playing a huge free mobile game on my iphone and even that has a release date for new content and overhaul. July 10 2016. And rest assured, July 10, the update will be there with no excuses, no delays, no hotfixes, no one asking when its gonna drop, no one wondering what exactly is in the new content, because it's not a secret. the devs have a plan for the community, and the community is steadily grinding, preparing for it. That's the way it should be done.

Edited by AresTheLegendary

1 hour ago, tisdfogg said:

I doubt it's today, seeing as the recently posted Prime Time info says that Rebecca and Megan will "show off the Dev build and walk you through Kavat acquisition, Void Tears & Projections, and more!" Dev build meaning it's not ready yet, meaning tomorrow is the earliest we can hope for (but still a long shot IMHO). Even so, official post/tweet would be nice. 

They really put themselves in a hole for this. With tennocon right around the corner it will be kind of hard to prepare everything and release a update. But you should also consider that showing of the new system on the stream can mean that they don't wan't us to go blind into it. They are also in a time zone that is maybe different than yours. At the time they are doing primetime it is still day. And if they are reviewing it that means that everything is ready. They did that with the nerf hammer update 18.13 too. Meaning that they maybe release warframe on thursday 7th after prime time or at night. In my time zone it will be already friday when they are doing the stream. For me the update will launch at friday no doubt but they may release it at thursday for their time.

I think it will drop before Tenno Con, it's only a day long and there will still be people at the office ready too fix bugs if needed.

it will give people a reason too wait in line at the gaming stations.

it will give them more questions too be asked during the panel.

and it will give people more anticipation too get home and jump directly on Warframe.

just my opinion though/ time will tell.

2 hours ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

They really put themselves in a hole for this. With tennocon right around the corner it will be kind of hard to prepare everything and release a update. But you should also consider that showing of the new system on the stream can mean that they don't wan't us to go blind into it. They are also in a time zone that is maybe different than yours. At the time they are doing primetime it is still day. And if they are reviewing it that means that everything is ready. They did that with the nerf hammer update 18.13 too. Meaning that they maybe release warframe on thursday 7th after prime time or at night. In my time zone it will be already friday when they are doing the stream. For me the update will launch at friday no doubt but they may release it at thursday for their time.

I hope I didn't come off as salty there, I really don't mind them taking their time. Honestly, they really seem to like that hole you mentioned, because the jump into it every time there is a major update. I'd wish they would just finish their updates and sit on them for a week or two, without telling anyone it's ready - just give an ETA, watch the hype build and chill after a hard crunch, and then release like clockwork. None would be the wiser, no pressure on them to make some ridiculous deadline they set for themselves, players happy that updates are on time, boosting the trust and confidence for the Dev team. But hey, if they prefer this song and dance we have every time, who am I to tell them that they shouldn't?   

Edited by tisdfogg

14 minutes ago, tisdfogg said:

I hope I didn't come off as salty there, I really don't mind them taking their time. Honestly, they really seem to like that hole you mentioned, because the jump into it every time there is a major update. I'd wish they would just finish their updates and sit on them for a week or two, without telling anyone it's ready - just give an ETA, watch the hype build and chill after a hard crunch, and then release like clockwork. None would be the wiser, no pressure on them to make some ridiculous deadline they set for themselves, players happy that updates are on time, boosting the trusting and confidence for the Dev team. But hey, if they prefer this song and dance we have every time, who am I to tell them that they shouldn't?   

omg someone gets it! now we just gotta wait for it to sink in on DE