Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 12

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, Orthelius said:

Also, perhaps think of changing Valkyr's Hysteria - since for newer players the '100%' scale-up to 15 energy per second is far too high of a drain for them to choose options within Valkyr's abilities, effectively forcing them to not use her 4 at all, or Only use her 4. 
The issue is invulnerability, so why not change it to something closer to Mesa's 3, 95% damage reduction with a flat drain per second along with the occasional health drain, every 2 seconds or so. Forcing Valkyrs to shift out of Hysteria when out of combat.

- I speak with 800 hours of Valkyr behind me, along with some great input from my low tier clan members and region in general.

I thought about this too, not because I play Valkyr but because she is at times oppressively strong.
But the issue with huge damage resistance rather than invulnerability (assuming she keeps her life steal) is that she can now maintain an infinite Hysteria by using Rage. You take a very strong ability and make it completely overpowered. You wouldn't even need to worry about efficiency (assuming strong enough enemies). I do however like the idea because she has great stats which are otherwise rendered useless due to her ult (because that is what a lot of players use).

Removing her life steal would make these changes viable, but now she is unsustained, going into melee range is extremeley dangerous. Perhaps a health boost on ending hysteria? Thereby forcing a valk to leave upon reaching a low health.

Maybe a resistance that scales inversely off her energy pool? At 100% energy she has 75% resistance, at 50% it jumps to 100% (maybe more severe scaling), this balances the desire for Rage...though its probably still OP.

3 minutes ago, Fansay said:

But the issue with huge damage resistance rather than invulnerability (assuming she keeps her life steal) is that she can now maintain an infinite Hysteria by using Rage. You take a very strong ability and make it completely overpowered.

I would not propose to change the way Hysteria works - it would still be channeled so would not regain health from Zenurik, but would also not allow Rage to proc. This still keeps the emphasis on Valkyr maintaing her energy pool, but also with maintaining her health through life steal. The increasing range as well is a good idea, as it also places emphasis on killing while forcing Valkyr to be aware of surroundings.

You cannot have a Hysteria that drains health over time without the lifesteal, as such, Rage would have to go.

I would not recommend gifting anything from the store. I have tried to gift my friend some boosters, he has not recivied them and its been well over a day, and my account has been charged for them. After i made my purchase my game froze up and i had to exit and restart, and my account had been charged for it, yet he has not gotten any boosters. 

6 hours ago, Orthelius said:

unknown.png

This time again!

This time please take a look at the JV raid, its a bit of a mess. Archwing and faulty hitboxes make it tricky as all hell to navigate into Jordas, and there are numerous crash errors forcing players to disconnect.

Also, perhaps think of changing Valkyr's Hysteria - since for newer players the '100%' scale-up to 15 energy per second is far too high of a drain for them to choose options within Valkyr's abilities, effectively forcing them to not use her 4 at all, or Only use her 4. 
The issue is invulnerability, so why not change it to something closer to Mesa's 3, 95% damage reduction with a flat drain per second along with the occasional health drain, every 2 seconds or so. Forcing Valkyrs to shift out of Hysteria when out of combat.

- I speak with 800 hours of Valkyr behind me, along with some great input from my low tier clan members and region in general.

Hysteria is an ability that regens her health, so making it a life drain and energy drain ability wouldn't make sense. Plus with where she's at in the new star chart, she isn't meant to be a frame for brand new players. By the time they get to Jupiter, most players will have other frames that they have been waiting to get to (considering Jupiter is the ONLY place to get neural sensors(a topic i think should also be discussed)) like rhino, a frame that is good on very few mods. Moving from Excal with his 4 and learning to mod him for that helps players learn how to do that for other energy drain abilities. Now is her max drain a little high unmodded? Maybe a little. But with a maxed continuity (not even primed) can greatly decrease the drain. I don't know, maybe its just me (Valkyr having been my favorite frame since I got back into the game about a year ago).

And about her invulnerability, it's something that is indeed very powerful, but isn't 100% guaranteed. Nullifiers and an ancient infested (forgot which one, but I'm thinking parasitic for some reason). I've been instantly vaporized due to them. So I personally believe she's in a good place, but changes are welcome. I like frames being changed in the small ways that don't completely make them useless.

7 hours ago, AaronWtf said:

You can actually go without a relic. 

Just wanna add a little here, that now a days have seen in the recruiting section people seem to look for Radiant relic only by mentioning specifically which reduces the chance of infact many people to get a squad just because they are 3-4 traces short for a radiant relic. And also wanna add that, dragon keys also consume traces. Vault is gonna get closed on 26th so people tend to farm more for the primes rather than the traces I guess.

6 hours ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

700 hours? Hahaha, noob!

In all seriousness though, it is nice to get constant hotfixes like this, it's just a shame that so many major, even game-breaking bugs still exist even after 12 hotfixes. This update has been a mess so far. Perhaps splitting it up has caused more problems than it was worth.

learn to appreciate things rather than blaming blindly....everybody has their own problems

7 minutes ago, AhmadIYE said:

learn to appreciate things rather than blaming blindly....everybody has their own problems

What are you talking about? I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just stating fact. The update has been a mess. DE even said as much in one of their panels at tennocon. They said they had to rush the update out the door because they had a deadline, and they also said that splitting it up is what has caused many of the issues. I also said It's nice to be getting constant hotfixes, which is in fact me showing appreciation, so I really fail to see how your comment applies to me in any way.

Learn to read before accusing someone of something they haven't done.

3 minutes ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

What are you talking about? I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just stating fact. The update has been a mess. DE even said as much in one of their panels at tennocon. They said they had to rush the update out the door because they had a deadline, and they also said that splitting it up is what has caused many of the issues. I also said It's nice to be getting constant hotfixes, which is in fact me showing appreciation, so I really fail to see how your comment applies to me in any way.

Learn to read before accusing someone of something they haven't done.

Your previous comment did seem like those who often blame DE for their current outcomes. I did read your comment and replied accordingly. We are infact getting a lot from DE for a F2W game and often seeing people blaming and scolding them for the recent troubles they are having.

Note: It was not an accusation rather a request to not to be like some blind blamers. 

STILL NO FIX FOR:

Archwing camera being garbage
Archwing momentum being way too high (inertia carries you into walls when trying to navigate narrow hallways)
Archwing not having ROLL KEYS (Q and E should be roll, except that conflicts with Gear and Melee... which is a good reason for allowing players to use the old "non-six-axis" system through options)
Operator colors being completely wrong (and seemingly based on your warframe colors) when you press 5 in a game (but not in your liset orbiter compartment)

Edited by YgramulWhoIsMany

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Void Fissures now change location every 1-2 hours (down from 2-4) for more Mission variety.

It still doesnt make them fun

Ive barely played fissures as i dont enjoy smash thru level wait by fissure, down to 10secs, smash to finish.

I hated doing capture in old void for same reason.

Can we have some endurance place where we can grind traces so i dont have to earn by fissure least i would get a guaranteed amount then, best ive done is 7.

Why do the traces not stay for all to pick up?  did a fissure the other day with a clanno i got 7 he got 15 the reason for the diff he was just killing stuff i was busy putting the bits in the fissure. so by the time i had got to where the enemy had stood he had already collected it

Int the rest of warframe the items stay for all of us, why are fissures different?

2 hours ago, AhmadIYE said:

Your previous comment did seem like those who often blame DE for their current outcomes. I did read your comment and replied accordingly. We are infact getting a lot from DE for a F2W game and often seeing people blaming and scolding them for the recent troubles they are having.

Note: It was not an accusation rather a request to not to be like some blind blamers. 

No, you didn't reply accordingly. You are accusing me of being a "blind blamer", but I was doing no such thing. Yes, we are getting a lot from them, but it still isn't enough. There's still a lot that's broken, and I wish that they had simply kept the update in the cooker until it was done instead of rushing it out. I'm not blaming or scolding them. I'm providing constructive criticism, there's a difference, get over it.

Note: Didn't sound like a request, it sounded like an accusation. Learn to english before starting something next time.

2 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Still no fix for - kavats having doubled entry in Profile - equipment and they are also listed under Sentinels

- dark-split sword still have 3 entries

I'd much rather them remove the pug faced kavats first, but I guess that's just me.