Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 13

[DE]Megan

I'm loving the fissure system so far, and the recent change from one fissure to multiple randomly spawning is definitely a great decision, however I still have a few issues with the system, mainly:

1) Useless reactant after the 10th one- this is simply something that is a bit annoying: seeing as with the randomly spawning fissures tons of reactant are dropped. I get that it's mainly to allow every player to easily gather the 10 needed to open the relic, but it gets more and more obnoxious the longer a team stays in endless missions. I would really like it if there was some form of a reward for gathering additional reactant (every 10-25 bonus reactant gathered) - either tied to the relic reward or making them useful in some other way. Getting a ton of reactant lying everywhere once you get the 10 you need is kinda annoying for me.

2) The Endless missions are (almost) reward-less - it's nice to see that the endless missions are no longer just a 10 minute/wave 'alerts', however due to the lack of any real reward for staying longer, I have experienced teams leaving the mission as soon as the extraction becomes available. It would be great to see the endless fissure missions evolve into something else than a simple "drop in for 10 reactant and leave" missions. Connecting this with my first point, I figure that making gathering reactant have an actual purpose beyond the first 10 to get the relic reward would give players incentive to stay in endless fissure missions for longer. Another way I would see making endless fissure missions worth staying in, is giving them a reward table (even if it would be the same one as the regular mission) so that every 5 minutes/waves the team stays with the added challenge of void fissures randomly spawning would be rewarded with something more than a few additional traces.
Because right now staying in the endless void fissure missions for even a second beyond the time it takes to get 10 reactant and extract is pointless.

3) Extraction vote potentially harmful (in survival in particular)? - let's say you gathered 9/10 reactant you need to get the relic reward and just as the clock hits 5 minutes the rest of your team who all have managed to find 10 reactant get to the extraction. My point is, that if you fail to gather 10 reactant and are matched with a team that either doesn't care or simply doesn't respond to chat (which happens a lot with PUG's), you're boned, even if there's an easy way to collect that few reactant you're missing if ony your team gives you the chance to do so.
A minor issue/worry, but I can see this frustrating anyone who would be affected by this.

1 hour ago, Chesty_Puller said:

TBH even with all these attempts to fix things, my disenchantment since "Specters of the Rail" is continuing to grow. Progress is a good thing, but I am just not feeling the direction that the Dev's want to go in anymore. As a Founder, I've been around in this game for quite a while and have logged over 2400 hours playing.  It saddens me to see it becoming not as much fun as it was because of the recent changes. It almost feels like a bait and switch. Maybe its time for me to begin considering other games? It's quite aggravating because I feel DE had a winner the way it was.  My only hope is that something miraculous happens to cause the Dev's to rethink where they are trying to go.

I feel you bro.

I am playing wf since Tethra's Doom event. I was so addicted to this game so I even make second account and I achiev kinda everything again, because I have problem with my first account on which I had like 99% of the game(DE didn't not understand my situation)so I start second acc with the help of a friend(which are NOT playing anymore because of lateat update) I am back in business again. Now I regret that I put so much efforts to achieve stuff,because since last updates I lose my passion,sadly but true.

Before few day I had to do a lot of work to do and when I came back at home a grab a beer and tell to myself "Rubi,let's play some warframe and making fun" BUT I just make circles in my ship from navigation to the operator, I just did not know what to play... Void is gone, it's hard to play with randoms because they use different relics.

I can't not challenging myself at the Void anymore(playing with strange warframe builds, different weapons and weapon builds) I know that I can do the same thing at every single mission,but it is not our old void system,which was the MAIN engine of warframe IMO.

I just still wondering was it necessary to change void? (I know that they want to increase the grind like ten times,but that was NOT the right way... )

Was it necessary to lose experienced players/tennos?

I don't know what to think guys.. It's like I feel pain that I don't know what to do with this game... which mission to play. Even the team work is kinda death,which I mostly like.

Edited by Rubicon2.0

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

As for Baro Ki’Teer and his upcoming goodies this week, his prices have been adjusted to better suit Relics. The values that we will initially be looking at are:

• Common slotted Items (15)
  • Uncommon slotted items (45)
  • Rare slotted items (100)

Uh...So we can expect prices like: 600 ducats for Affinity booster and 1200 ducats for possible new item?

The new system is terrible, I just can't avoid admitting that. Previous fissure thing was tolerable and less time consuming than before maybe, but this new one is a ruin.

Remember getting prime things from the actual Void? The gold realm containing cool ancient things that were interesting and fun to acquire for hundreds hours? Finally getting that key for a mission that was actually different from the other six void ones? Looking for caches in sabotages, raiding treasuries in exterminations and captures, searching for rare containers collecting lots of stuff in the process in survivals? It was fun and had at least some diversity to it. It was THE Orokin Void, filled with Orokin era weapons and frames.

And now we just run from a fissure to a fissure, collecting reactants without even noticing it, frolicking through basically any level on the starmap to get a prime thing in the end without even Lotus giving any comments anymore. After all the feedback, do the devs REALLY think this is what the majority wants at least? I mean, okay, I had enough fun with the old Void myself, but I start feeling real bad for the new players now, because THIS is all they'll have had from the start. Getting all the primes running through levels meaninglessly, never visiting the actual Void...

I've heard that the developers are trying to tie everything to the lore, to expand it, but how does this new mechanic does any good to the lore? How is running through a level with randomly opening portals and getting primes for it more lore-ish than getting them where they came from: in the Void?

I'm not farming for primes in the next monts for sure, and I know I'll be extremely reluctant to farm Nekros and things with this new system. Why did it have to be ruined this way anyway? Seeing all parts' prices tiered felt bad too. I could at least farm for Nyx blueprints and Saryn systems and get my ducats for it before, but now all trash tier items have trash prices. Waste traces on relics to get a 45 ducats worth thing. If you're feeling lucky anyway. Traces don't drop themselves anymore too, so no more prowling and getting more, it's always a fixed number in the end.

Why do you have to make everything worse.

Can DE mess up Fissures? Yes they can....

First version was kinda good (still bad compared to old void) as you had to work as team to survive killing enemies that pop out and feed reactant to fissure... At least it was making you work as a team...

Now you only need certain warframes that can nuke those little squads of enemies so others dont even have to lift a finger and just collect what you leave behind meaning teamwork required to do fissure just dropped drastically.. Im not even talking about reactant glitching up and becoming un-pickable (happened twice in 4 runs). So now youre not only promoting leeching but breaking up teamwork required to do fissure...

My friends quit after SotR came out but still were considering playing a bit more... After this rolled out they are not going to even touch the game anymore... Dont get me wrong but it seems like barely anyone from development team test the updates themselves while it should be opposite.. I really feel bad for new players now..

24 minutes ago, 98Octane said:

actually it doesnt, as () comes before multiplication so (100+50)x18 = 150x18,=2700 :P

What the hell is wrong with your math, guys?

In the original post the formula was (100 + 50 * MR). 

Here the multiplication has priority, so it expands to (100 + (50 * MR)). Where did you see (100+50)x18 ?

Also, why would they write (100 + 50 * MR) when they could simply wrote (150 * MR)?

Think a little before posting.

Edited by BitCell

25 minutes ago, 98Octane said:

actually it doesnt, as () comes before multiplication so (100+50)x18 = 150x18,=2700 :P

The formula in the original post is (100 + 50 * MR), so (100 + 50 * 18) = 1000 according to this MR and the basic "multiply before adding" math stuff.

Can we stop talking about math now ? I'm starting to experience flashbacks :p

1) Can someone tell if the ressource booster double the traces rewards ? I could only do 4 fissures since the hotfix, and I always had a even number, never over 20 traces, so I don't know... It would be nice if the booster worked, for DE and us.

2) I really don't understand the fuss about the endless mission with fissure in it beeing "useless". This just add some difficulty, which is nice (according to me). This also increase the variety of enemies you encounter. If you don't like the idea of an endless mission WITH fissure, just do one of the other mission of the same era.

Speaking of which => weren't we supposed to see at least 2 simultaneous fissure mission of the same type ?

And to clarify : I would like a endless fissure mission for endless, albeit low-drop, traces. But I don't think it should be something to put in the alert window, but maybe more in the classic void or even on Lua (because pulling a moon out of the void is clearly creating some fissures, no ?).

3) If reactant is bound to be useless once you manage to gather 10 of them... please remove them from my sight, because I always end up beeing disapointed when I run like crazy to see what it is.

Edited by Vansceslas
Someone beat me to the math stuff.

12 minutes ago, Ghost_Yo said:

The new system is terrible, I just can't avoid admitting that. Previous fissure thing was tolerable and less time consuming than before maybe, but this new one is a ruin.

Remember getting prime things from the actual Void? The gold realm containing cool ancient things that were interesting and fun to acquire for hundreds hours? Finally getting that key for a mission that was actually different from the other six void ones? Looking for caches in sabotages, raiding treasuries in exterminations and captures, searching for rare containers collecting lots of stuff in the process in survivals? It was fun and had at least some diversity to it. It was THE Orokin Void, filled with Orokin era weapons and frames.

And now we just run from a fissure to a fissure, collecting reactants without even noticing it, frolicking through basically any level on the starmap to get a prime thing in the end without even Lotus giving any comments anymore. After all the feedback, do the devs REALLY think this is what the majority wants at least? I mean, okay, I had enough fun with the old Void myself, but I start feeling real bad for the new players now, because THIS is all they'll have had from the start. Getting all the primes running through levels meaninglessly, never visiting the actual Void...

I've heard that the developers are trying to tie everything to the lore, to expand it, but how does this new mechanic does any good to the lore? How is running through a level with randomly opening portals and getting primes for it more lore-ish than getting them where they came from: in the Void?

I'm not farming for primes in the next monts for sure, and I know I'll be extremely reluctant to farm Nekros and things with this new system. Why did it have to be ruined this way anyway? Seeing all parts' prices tiered felt bad too. I could at least farm for Nyx blueprints and Saryn systems and get my ducats for it before, but now all trash tier items have trash prices. Waste traces on relics to get a 45 ducats worth thing. If you're feeling lucky anyway. Traces don't drop themselves anymore too, so no more prowling and getting more, it's always a fixed number in the end.

Why do you have to make everything worse.

Totally agree, when i first into void as a low mr2 being carried by clans mr21 founder members, i was in aw looking at the high gold archs, pillars hallways filled with majestic looking enemies, like a big old gold Colosseum, now void is ruined, atleast them can stil keep the void alive by adding fissures mostly to void along with random places outside (since void tear in void hpning more frequently makes more sense, since u dont get blizzards in sahara, and no sandstorm in antartica)

the continuous tears will only work if u get more tears to close not just 1 and get one loot (i hav already made this suggestion on july8th  but no one noticed) other wise as i said before why will anyone bother, ya some people wants their name on leader board for 3 hr survival or 200 waves defence but meh pointless.

Ducats prices are lowered on prime parts.some are increased. wat abt the credit part still paying 400k credit for mods.went unanswered in devstream thread wil go unanswered now also . DE is trying to shove trace and leeching down our throat, oh u want plat farm traces! u want ducats farm traces! or U just leech from other players who farm the traces and using radiant relics since they(including this one ) are idiots. :applause: 

so basically oh u r casual player cant give more than 1-2 hrs a day to game, and cant do dailies, farm traces, farm relics, farm syndi, farm credit, farm partsfor urself for MR  and farm parts for ducats or plats within those 2 hrs, well DO NOT FEAR, WALLET IS HERE!!!

Now i will not mind paying money for something like a kavat segment or a PLATINE SKIN BUNDLE ( even though not including palatine profile icon still rages me ) and I did buy with plats, but some these ideas are just well how can i say without being rude, Ridiculous !!

And before some of you start saying things abt the credit stuff, well if tis friday baro prices stay same, for example 400000 credit for a mod, it wil be doing 20 dark sector missions for 5 mins each which is 100 mins just to farm the credit for one item, now if u want to get more items well u can if doing sortie evryday (1.5 mill-1.7 mill possible with each rotation)  but then u wil be out of credit to rank it up. Result u wil hav to buy max mods or get only one mod or buy the R0 mod for plats then rank it up urself.  this wil result in mod prices to go up specially higher ranked ones. Result more plats required and will be bought. And finally  result will be From a brilliant FREE TO PLAY GAME with payment not required to GIT GUD this game will become a ground for wallet warriors. 

Many off you will say people can grind and not pay but well to that i hav to say.... a lot of you have played WOW private servers and WE all know why.

Thing is sooner or later DE wil reach LVL 30 CAP or run out of material, and the grind will be exposed as a gangrene, and more expansions wil come to keep peoples eye away from the grind, and as sadly there is no ARAGORN/STRIDER/ELESSAR to charge the gates of mordor to keep the eys off the poor hobbit 

21 minutes ago, BitCell said:

Here the multiplication has priority, so it expands to (100 + (50 * MR)). Where did you see (100+50)x18 ?

Also, why would they write (100 + 50 * MR) when they could simply wrote (150 * MR)?

i saw someone posting that (100+50)x 18 i answered him not DE, so think a little before posting

1 hour ago, BitCell said:

6 hours ago, -AM-Akimuro said:

Damn. I feel like i'm being trolled with this hotfix.

Could you guys clarify with your equation.

There is a lot difference on numbers when computed.

Void Traces cap is now Mastery Rank based (100 + 50 * MR). This is equation is a lie. 

Example. (100 + 50) * 18 MR = 2700 Void Traces Cap.

Real Equation based on MDAS

([50* MR] + 100) = Void Traces Cap which means if your MR is 18 then you only get 1000 Void Traces Cap not 2700.

P.S.

Sorry DE. Just Clarifying everything. Next Time, Clarify your equations to avoid confusion. :) 

Multiplication is applied before addition, so their formula holds true...

So check before u start running around, funny this is first o=post ever in forum lol

I was answering this post part, go back and read please the 16 pages

(100 + 50) * 18 MR = 2700 Void Traces Cap.

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

“Endless” Void Fissure missions are now truly endless with the exception of Defense and Interception. 

what does this mean? that we can get more prime parts instead of just one?

EDIT: I understand what it means now...instead of the 10 min countdown, it now acts like normal survival missions

Edited by xcynderx

34 minutes ago, Vansceslas said:

The formula in the original post is (100 + 50 * MR), so (100 + 50 * 18) = 1000 according to this MR and the basic "multiply before adding" math stuff.

Can we stop talking about math now ? I'm starting to experience flashbacks :p

1) Can someone tell if the ressource booster double the traces rewards ? I could only do 4 fissures since the hotfix, and I always had a even number, never over 20 traces, so I don't know... It would be nice if the booster worked, for DE and us.

2) I really don't understand the fuss about the endless mission with fissure in it beeing "useless". This just add some difficulty, which is nice (according to me). This also increase the variety of enemies you encounter. If you don't like the idea of an endless mission WITH fissure, just do one of the other mission of the same era.

Speaking of which => weren't we supposed to see at least 2 simultaneous fissure mission of the same type ?

And to clarify : I would like a endless fissure mission for endless, albeit low-drop, traces. But I don't think it should be something to put in the alert window, but maybe more in the classic void or even on Lua (because pulling a moon out of the void is clearly creating some fissures, no ?).

3) If reactant is bound to be useless once you manage to gather 10 of them... please remove them from my sight, because I always end up beeing disapointed when I run like crazy to see what it is.

max u can get is 30 but hav got max 29 so dont know if resourse booster wil increase it or not 

21 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

So nice I could buy some items last time before this inflation

I wud say THE GREAT DEPRESSION!! but yeah , if baro credits dont come down, only people with rich credit cache like some guys i know with 80-90 million wil be happy.

We can still fix that by making a large portion of trade tax, depending on the number of members, go into clan vault (somethin like 500k or 800k for a moon clan out of 1million needed for a prime mod trade) and warlords can decide an amount of payout on a daily or weekly basis to players as per clan ranking or other methods as payment for services provided to clan, something like WOW guild vaults. Which wil actually motivate people to help in clan stuff more and not just use as trading plaza. 

Sometimes its sad when i see millions in clan vault and cant help a new player out as well, 

SAME with resources

16 hours ago, 3thereal said:

3. Endless is not the "old" endless. No matter how long I stay in a game I still capped at one reward and the randomized trace amount.

Right, i think they didn't got the point of endless "void" missions ...

Who would stay 60m instead of 5 to get only 1 reward And 1 cores or some credits each 5 mins ... ? This isn't right at all ...

Is that complicated to do:

- Give us 1 "Random" reward each 5 mins like before for Survival missions

- Give us 1 "Random" reward each 5 waves like before for Defence missions

- Give us 1 "Random" reward each rounds like before for Interceptions missions

--> For these endless runs the "Quality" of the Relic doesn't increase / change the drop chances.

- Keep the "New" system were you get to choose a reward for the other missions

So people who likes to farm endless runs are happy and people who wants to get "more chances" by being able to choose between 4 drops are also happy ...

Why can't you mix both systems ?

Its exactly like the movement system:

- Wall run without using the sprint key = actual wall jumps (rabbit jumps) 

- Wall run with the sprint key = the old wall running animation ( real wall running)

- Wall flip = run toward a wall while sprinting until it does the flip.

1 minute ago, clemza said:

Right, i think they didn't got the point of endless "void" missions ...

Who would stay 60m instead of 5 to get only 1 reward And 1 cores or some credits each 5 mins ... ? This isn't right at all ...

Is that complicated to do:

- Give us 1 "Random" reward each 5 mins like before for Survival missions

- Give us 1 "Random" reward each 5 waves like before for Defence missions

- Give us 1 "Random" reward each rounds like before for Interceptions missions

--> For these endless runs the "Quality" of the Relic doesn't increase / change the drop chances.

- Keep the "New" system were you get to choose a reward for the other missions

So people who likes to farm endless runs are happy and people who wants to get "more chances" by being able to choose between 4 drops are also happy ...

Why can't you mix both systems ?

Its exactly like the movement system:

- Wall run without using the sprint key = actual wall jumps (rabbit jumps) 

- Wall run with the sprint key = the old wall running animation ( real wall running)

- Wall flip = run toward a wall while sprinting until it does the flip.

YES this is wat i posted when the new update came to make endless real endless but dont think it wil happen unless maybe 5 million signed petitions go to DE