Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 13

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, Chesty_Puller said:

TBH even with all these attempts to fix things, my disenchantment since "Specters of the Rail" is continuing to grow. Progress is a good thing, but I am just not feeling the direction that the Dev's want to go in anymore. As a Founder, I've been around in this game for quite a while and have logged over 2400 hours playing.  It saddens me to see it becoming not as much fun as it was because of the recent changes. It almost feels like a bait and switch. Maybe its time for me to begin considering other games? It's quite aggravating because I feel DE had a winner the way it was.  My only hope is that something miraculous happens to cause the Dev's to rethink where they are trying to go.

I feel the same way. I'm really trying my best to warm to the changes but most times I find myself aimlessly painting frames or staring at nav wondering what to do because quite honestly, nothing interests me anymore. It definitely has lost its "fun" factor and possibly some of its "soul". I feel its now catering only to "the loud", and those others who are happy to bumrush through everything without ever really playing the game, just get-get-get. (not a popular opinion)

I used to like helping those affectionately known as noobs, but now too, all they want to do is farm relics and bumrush fissures - over and over and over again. Get-get-get. Nope.

I've not been around for as long, (900-1000+ depending on if its WF or steam? iDunno which is right!) but had I known about it back then I absolutely would of been around. Warframe as it was before this update was a daily craving for me and I had every intention of sticking around and supporting its development for as long as I could. Now, it's entirely possible when my boosters from vauban access are gone, I may be too. That saddens me. Disenchanted is the perfect way to describe it.

1 hour ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

It's hard to believe but somehow DE seems to have managed to make fissures even worse. None of the actual problems were fixed and instead they removed the tiny amount of teamwork that fissures previously required.

##BRING BACK THE OLD VOID##

Truth, and on one side you have to wait for a guy (slow player or someone who decided to open few containers) if you want to have better reward choice and on the other side slower guy can be screwed... It's frustrating for both sides!

The new system is good for solo players I think... I don't know... Maybe they should give us ability to choose the type of mission?

Edited by DEATHLORE
simple mistake

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

*Traces are given when you get 10/10 Reactant (no relic needed) and rewarded at End of Mission (between a range of 6-30).

wH5SCRN.jpg

Somehow I received 58 traces after a solo run. I didn't have any active boosters.

1. 6-30 traces is way too big an interval.
  2. Fix drop tables. Formas have no place in uncommon slot. 2 Formas on 1 relic (Meso D4 iirc) is just wrong. And new Ducat values made it even worse.
  3. Fissures in "static" missions (Def/MD) spawn too frequently ... easy half the enemies killed are corrupted.
  4. Tone down yellowing of corrupted mobs, it looks ridiculous. As does effect on our frames.
  5. Selection of available Fissure alerts is as pitiful and nonsensical as it was in first iteration; 1xLith, 3xNeo, 1x Axi? Get a hold on your own RNG please.
  6. Keep 10 Reactants requirement but then allow us to pick as many as we want and give us ever so small reward for excess Reactants (make them sellable for credits if you are worried about Traces inflation).
  7. Seeing equipped Relics is nice but as with other honour-bound systems you are claiming to be replacing with proper mechanics; what is group of 3 with advertized Relic/Quality to do with 4th who joins with the wrong one? Disband, regroup and hope for the best?

In essence, would it really break your bank if you've set up two servers, one for each region, where I could set up a session, click few restrains (or not), have it displayed in a simple mission browser and wait for squad to fill up? Garage indie games have such systems in place but Tier 2 game developer can't come up with even a simple one?

5 hours ago, Marabunta5 said:

Hmmm i could extract. Like my friend picked up 1 reactant we both had 0 and the counter increased to 1 for both of us. in each mission. same with pugs

i think the pick up is counted same way as the affinity does 50m range hav to check it out though

7 hours ago, Ryddem said:

My 2 smeeta's are fine, buy my Azarza one looks like a bunghole =/

Yeah, yesterday someone let me borrow their normal looking Smeeta imprints to make one, so they do exist I guess, but it's hard to believe that I've gotten 4 ugly ones out of the 4 Smeeta I've incubated. It's just ridiculous. It could be that they stealth fixed it and I just hadn't made one since (too scared to get another monstrosity), but I guess we'll never know. After I make this normal looking one I'll probably try to make more and see if I get lucky with a real beauty, but for now at least I'll have one I'm not embarrassed to bring into a squad.

8 hours ago, Arniox said:

71bced27191f03b4c39d35095df0d876.jpg

325106de9f643ba61d4a9dc819d06cee.jpg

When did the 'new' alerts, red number change? I don't remember patch notes on this? Is this a bugg?

I noticed that as well, and it's not just the color that changed, the shape of it changed from hexagon to square as well. It's definitely worse looking and harder to read.

Ok so now who ever gets 10 relics done goes to extraction and mission ends and if u dont get ur 10 u use relic dont get zilt, one more reason for not doing sabotage

wow thanx 

Edited by 98Octane

Hello,

Still no simaris point ... I found the target and scann it for the other player and my standing point with simaris still at full which is 23k (even that i scanned 2 different target in diferent runs)...

so just shall we ignore the target for other people and just do our thing .... DE fix it...

I have tried to give a shot to this new "new" void system. Soo...now...The Mighty Void means...collect 10 shiny thingies on your path while you are playing a regular mission?

All i do now...i hope you have an ace in your sleeve about Warrior Within update, because otherwise...you have ruined it completely. Twice now. Untill then i quit this game. Can't see this mess any longer. I litterally have nothing to do in this game. Only sorties. Once per day. Dang!

Btw, is it possible somehow to become your Tester? I trully want to help you to stop killing your beautifull creature named Warframe!

Guys, the old void was no fun for me. It was as annoying as it can be. I have at least 4 prime warframes in the factory missing only one rare component, because I don't have that much time to farm it. Yes, you can be emotionally linked to the tileset, but I was really fed up with that because the gameplay was ultimately boring and repetitve (do x waves of defense a million times to maybe get the needed drop). So don't ever frikkin bring it back. I see that the new system is not polished enough yet, but I see it as a better base to build upon.

Right now fissure missions is super cool! I don't know why are you complaining. Though maybe very hard on highlevel nodes (esp. for newbies), but it's fun and not boring like previous ways. Some things here and there needs to be tweaked and polished but overall I very like new Voidquake missions!

3 minutes ago, WhyNotBro said:

Btw, is it possible somehow to become your Tester? I trully want to help you to stop killing your beautifull creature named Warframe!

Sadly we all are testers - it is open beta.

And sadly DE very rarely listens to what we say, they do fixes and new bugs, they notice us only when we start leaving(i mean statistics drops much) or complain that much that forum goes down from such load.

I have a dream about this game that someday they will listen everyone(at least do posts "we heard opinion of N players, that was declined(or accepted) for reasons ??? and ???" and fix all reported bugs.

13 minutes ago, Death_Master_ said:

Sadly we all are testers - it is open beta.

And sadly DE very rarely listens to what we say, they do fixes and new bugs, they notice us only when we start leaving(i mean statistics drops much) or complain that much that forum goes down from such load.

I have a dream about this game that someday they will listen everyone(at least do posts "we heard opinion of N players, that was declined(or accepted) for reasons ??? and ???" and fix all reported bugs.

Sorry i am kinda lazy to find a proves to my words, but! I saw several guys were looking any info about the current state of this game  is it open beta or released. They have found only 1-2 mentions about this is a beta. On forum topic created years ago. Dunno, seems like it is not an open beta already.

P.S Good dream, man :D

Edited by WhyNotBro
More thoughts have come! Can't help it.

A little feedback on the new void rework,
-Maybe because of the fissures loading in or something, we had a bit of lagspikes and freezes at the beginning of our fissure run.
+But man that was a LOT of affinity gain for a now-low-level ceres node. We've yet to test t4 relic but t2 in draco 20mins gave me 10k focus and more.
gj accidently remedying affinity grind DE.

43 minutes ago, 98Octane said:

Ok so now who ever gets 10 relics done goes to extraction and mission ends and if u dont get ur 10 u use relic dont get zilt, one more reason for not doing sabotage

wow thanx 

This! 

i never play sabotage again 2x times,  people startet mission , get there 10/10 full and enter finish while i had 9/10 and no reward thanks for this DE.I love the new void thingy , but sabotage needs a better handle.

Edited by ERROR.4O4

Here's what I want to happen:

-A way to know how much ducats the prime parts are OR a word saying 'Common', 'Uncommon', and 'Rare'. 

(So that we could know for farming ducats)

-A bit more time for choosing the rewards. (Seriously, 10 seconds? I'm having problems deciding which to choose when farming for ducats and suddenly time's up! Also when I'm not paying attention on my screen lol)

-A solution to the 'relic still stuck on squad information'. It's still there when I'm in a non-fissure mission.

-A solution to 'People extracting already while I still didn't have 10/10 reactants'

-More relic reward chance or each type of relic are awarded in different node when farming for Relics. (I don't wanna spend days to get the relic I need for a prime part)

And lastly, 

-In refining relic, Radiant can't even max the rare chance? Seriously! At least when refining to a higher type, please decrease the chance for the common or uncommon chance! PLEASE I BEG YOU (I don't wanna spend 100 traces and still did not get what I wanted for many times!)