Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WATCHMOJO.COM just did a Warframe Top 10 video....

1 hour ago, CadenFall said:

Hahah, did you miss the first second of the video? XD

It said, "Brought to you by Warframe." That means DE paid them to do a promotional video on their product. It's not worthy of congratulations as it was paid for, not achieved. =P

Just relalized that...........wow here i was thinking warframe was going global lol..... guess we will have to wait

5 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Just relalized that...........wow here i was thinking warframe was going global lol..... guess we will have to wait

Hey, it's doing pretty well. Hasn't it been in like Steam's top 20 for a long time now? Also it's released in China giving it a gigantic boost in player base. And like you said before, this video does help spread the word, even if it isn't all that great. I'm all for more advertisement of this game, paid promotional or not.

WatchMojo don't care about the quality of their content, they only give a damn about the amount of clicks they can bait. And don't get me started on how they completely ignore fan polls.

Actually, I'll get myself started.

It was at least a year or so ago, when WM set up a poll to decide the list in their next video, "Top Ten Anime Vampires". Overly narrow superlative aside, the poll showed clear results once it closed: Dio Brando from JJBA led by a sizable margin, followed by Alucard from Hellsing and so on (strangely enough, the poll had the same character twice, though I don't recall the name).

Yet the video had absolutely no mention of Dio Brando, despite claiming the list was based on the poll. Despite Dio Brando leading the poll, Alucard was presented as number one. On top of that, Dio wasn't even in the Honorable Mentions.

Quite frankly, WatchMojo is the EA of top ten videos. They don't deserve their sub count. I don't mind them advertising Warframe, but I sure as hell won't watch their video.

15 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Can someone tell me what was listed?

'Cuz there's no way in HELL I'm watching that...

I only watched a few points

but they were really simple and dumb points like "use the starchart" and "use mobility" and "adapt your playstyle"

which afaik is stuff you pick up automatically playing any game and isn't helpful at all

3 hours ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Like DE said and many of us here know. Many people don't play Warframe because they don't even know that Warframe exists. Heck, last time I saw an ad about Warframe was in 2013 and if wasn't that ad I would never play it or even know about it!

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

10 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

I only watched a few points

but they were really simple and dumb points like "use the starchart" and "use mobility" and "adapt your playstyle"

which afaik is stuff you pick up automatically playing any game and isn't helpful at all

Though still useful if one needs a refresher even if Watchmojo is soulless clickbait bullcrap. Look at today's Sortie, In the defense mission  (Eximus), I asked if anyone had limbo and that if they didn't, I could switch to Ivara while someone else uses Trinity (I was the Trinity at the time) to keep our energy up while I spam cloak arrows at the defense target. I got told to stay Trinity Prime and someone else switched to using Frost (keep in mind, Sortie Defense has dumbass hostage AI and all Frost would be achieving is a bunch of globes blocking everyone's fire), needless to say, between half the team quiting and the immense lag from all the fire and ice going off, it was a failure.

5 hours ago, CadenFall said:

Hahah, did you miss the first second of the video? XD

It said, "Brought to you by Warframe." That means DE paid them to do a promotional video on their product. It's not worthy of congratulations as it was paid for, not achieved. =P

They've been doing a lot of that lately. I like that Warframe's getting some more attention other than just random word of mouth and images on the back of graphics card boxes, but these sponsored videos are starting to ring hollow to me. 

While I do think they could do more to advertise their game, I think they should probably fix up the new player progression, give a tutorial for how fusion works, enemy AI for late game and credit rewards first (like fureal your first built warframe isn't even rhino anymore iirc which means new players are kinda #*($%%@ on a frame that can tank some damage if they don't sit and grind for mods).