Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are Ether Daggers so under rated?

Hi,

So I'm a new player and almost mastery rank 4.

So I loved my Ether Dagger a lot and heard it very bad vs the Fangs.

And I was wondering why?

This is my Ether Daggers build if your wondering what it is:

Sinking Talon(Max),

North Wind (Unranked), Fury (Max), Berserker (Max), Molten Impact (Max),

Pressure Point (Max), Energy Channel (Max), Blood Rush (Rank 3) ,and Heavy Trauma (Rank 3) + a Catalyst.

Also I use Excalibur if you are wonder what warframe I'm using.(Btw I know that Excalibur Passive DO NOT work on the Ether Daggers)

So can you guys explain how I can kill all factions level 35 enemies in 2 seconds?

Because Fang does mostly Puncture, and ether does mostly slash, and everyone loses their ability to have opinions when they see Puncture damage on something.  Also Fang Prime.

And This:

2 minutes ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

daggers are underpowered

period

This is very true.

First, remove berserker, blood rush, heavy trauma and energy channel, because they're next to useless on this weapon, replace them with full elements and any other utility mod like focus energy and a dual stat element mod, since the daggers are status weapons 

I personally prefer the dang prime because they look better 

4 hours ago, Kenshin98 said:

First, remove berserker, blood rush, heavy trauma and energy channel, because they're next to useless on this weapon, replace them with full elements and any other utility mod like focus energy and a dual stat element mod, since the daggers are status weapons 

I personally prefer the dang prime because they 

4 hours ago, Kenshin98 said:

I personally prefer the dang prime because they look better 

I actually agree I just have them on cause I was going full retard the other day

They're a lot of fun to use though, I love my Fang Primes, particularly the stylish little spin you do before holstering them again.

As always, the "trashiness" of things in this game is talked up, but actually everything's perfectly viable to Sortie level with enough forma and if you enjoy using it.

Man, the secret is use whatever you like OP or NOT, everything make you feel good are Worth, yes dagger atm are weak... But who care? I'm using a MK1 Braton is sorties and it work well :l (not rlly, but is fun)

Don't aim For OP tier weap, just have fun with what you Like.

Edited by NoticeMeValkyr-senpai

10 hours ago, ShadowHeartRoyalGuards said:

Hi,

So I'm a new player and almost mastery rank 4.

So I loved my Ether Dagger a lot and heard it very bad vs the Fangs.

And I was wondering why?

This is my Ether Daggers build if your wondering what it is:

Sinking Talon(Max),

North Wind (Unranked), Fury (Max), Berserker (Max), Molten Impact (Max),

Pressure Point (Max), Energy Channel (Max), Blood Rush (Rank 3) ,and Heavy Trauma (Rank 3) + a Catalyst.

Also I use Excalibur if you are wonder what warframe I'm using.(Btw I know that Excalibur Passive DO NOT work on the Ether Daggers)

So can you guys explain how I can kill all factions level 35 enemies in 2 seconds?

Well the thing is use whatever you want, and have fun but I have to point out:

1)Your build is terrible. Go full damage, fury, and elemental mods. Crit on ether daggers is useless. Get lifestriike and replace that energy-channel.

2) Lvl 35 enemies are nothing. They are mid-level enemies, any weapon can kill them within 2 seconds, even my skana! :D

3) The reason they get a bad-rep is because come high levels (even the starting stages, think level 50) They staart fo fall off really hard, doing absolutely atrocious damage

Take it from me, the person that takes Mag Prime everywhere, don't worry about what other people say.  Play the game the way you want to and just ignore the haters.

There are 20 some million registered accounts, you'll find people to play with.

I don't think they are bad weapons, I do think the ether daggers are ugly though.

In regard to their damage output: What you are hearing from others is spot on. They have a high time-to-kill on 50+ lvl mobs.

Daggers and Dual daggers especially need one or more mechanics that takes advantage of their speedy hits as opposed to basically being status weapons.

That said, Sinking Talon is one of my favorite stances and Fang Prime is one of my favorite melee weapons.

So if you dig them, got for it... Just mind their limitations.