Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Break the Meta

Latiac

I'm currently rocking a vortex bomb zephyr (2 with augment). Playing with max range, efficiency and some duration. Turbulence makes her pretty much invincible and max range dive bomb gives some nice ragdoll cc. Also dive bomb is able to instarek those pesky blue corpus rings, arc traps, cameras and stuff.

Terrify nekros is also awesome even more now with the augment. Get more loot, be a badass, create your own army, what's more to want? (even though his ult minions are dumb as :poop:)

This game is easy, you rly don't need a meta. But what you need at some point is diversity to keep you in the game and defeat the boredom.

But when it comes to limbo, i only get cancer, no matter how i twist it.

Edited by IceColdHawk

1 hour ago, Latiac said:

Certainly, What I mean by 'Meta' is the current Metagame, What most people usually use to get things done - Soma Prime, Boltor Prime, Synoid Simulor are all part of the Meta right now, used by a huge amount of players.

Soma prime and bolter prime are hardly meta right now. I would say Synoid simulor is pretty meta, but what is really meta is shotguns at the moment. :P

To be honest, i dont really care about meta weapons/warframes, i have the weird habit of trying to match my warframes with their weapons, if they are somewhat usable i craft them.

As an example right now with inaros, im using mutalist cernos modded for crit and 100% status with corrosive, throw 3 arrows to proc corrosive over time and while the cloud is on, i just shot the target with a corrosive/viral/heat tysis works extremely well against level 110 corrupted heavy gunners.

Lesion is also a very good weapon who is not used too often, with 66% status and corrosive, it just melts everything, armor? corrosive procs + slash procs, corpus? bypass their shields with slash procs (even better with saryn`s toxic lash) infested? high slash damage, your wife is cheating and she wants the kids? lesion.

Vex armor chroma and corrosive/blast torid for grineer and embolist for corpus is also pretty good, there is a lot of options and thats the funny thing about games, to try all the stuff by yourself and not on a youtube video.

I'm sure by now it's pretty evident that Meta can be an opinion in everyone point of view. Very much so
One tenno might only see powerful equipment as Meta, while another may percieve what's commonly used by the majority, or is used in a majority itself.

As I invested into both Chroma and the Sobek lately, I found that they go together incredibly well. Finally got around to making my Chroma tanky as a mountain and the Sobek? Well, I was just messing around with it since I like shotguns. Went viral + heat damage and decided to throw in Acid Shells and the Steel Meridian augment. Oh boy, is it a monster of an AoE shotgun. It does well at pretty high levels too when combined with Chroma's damage multiplier.

So yeah, been having a ton of fun with this combination. No idea if that's out of meta enough, but hey...

Edited by Drakenreiter

1 hour ago, Latiac said:

Not sure if this is the right section for this type of thread, I hope it is.

We all know the current 'Meta' , Synoid Mirage, Broken War / Scindo / Fragor Prime Valkyr, all that stuff, Why not come up with something fun as a community, Why not break that Meta.

I'm thinking we should design some fun builds, something Whacky, fun and unique that actually works (Or kinda doesn't, but that's the whole fun guys), Any weapon, any Frame, or any combination of the two that works pretty well together.

What can you guys think of?

pick Excaliburp , Mk1 Brato , lato and play random high mission, the fun you Will feel is **

1 hour ago, VoidNomade said:

Completely irrelevant to what i´ve said since you are not the instance to decide for me or other what "enough" means, begone...

Irrelevant to the point that you can´t blame the players? I know people can only see black and white and that´s just wrong. There are so many more colors and if people can´t see them then they are to be blamed.

2 hours ago, VoidNomade said:

Tell that to DE that they leave so many one dimensional things.

Releasing new weapons for example with bad stats.

Ignoring weapons for 2 years (Sylvia & Aegis and many more to count)

Releasing bandaid mods for weapons.

Ignoring under performing skills and augments..

The list goes on.

Can´t blame players here i can only blame DE for the Meta.

I am sorry but....

2 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

Meta is achieving the most optimized build possible for a specific situation. they are builds that take the path of least resistance.

As xRufus7x said, the meta is designed to be the best. Developers can influence what a meta will be but they can never stop a meta from emerging. Metas are player made. Sometimes Metas will get as nitpicky as statistical differences. As such DE could buff everything weapon you say is ignored, they could address how new weapons and mods are released and etc, but that WILL not change the Meta UNLESS those changes beat out the existing Meta. However that didn't do anything because there is still a Meta but now its just a new one. You cant even get rid of the Meta by basically making all weapons just be skins by equalizing stats because the Meta will just be the weapon category that does the best. Players are 90% of the blame for Metas because players are the people that enforce it. Developers are only to blame for ignoring it only to get the backlash later for changing it so long later (I'm pointing at the long foreseen Mirage Prism changes that should have been changed in days instead of like a year).

Right now realistically there isn't an single thing stopping players using any frame and about half the weapons for whatever they want except OTHER PLAYERS!

TLDR; any changes done will not change the meta unless those changes are better than the current meta (only to make a new meta). DE can try to give more options but that wont stop people for people wanting EV trinity or Mirage synoid/tonkor if that's still the best and easiest way to do things.

while they may be hard to find, there are players out there who like to defy the Meta, and use alternatives in late-game content. some accuse them of being Hipsters because they try to look cool using weapons most players don't bother with, but really they are just Anti-Meta. whenever you take a Synapse or a Spectra or a Machete onto a Sortie or raid, that's defying the Meta. using any other weapon because it's fun and you like it is defying the Meta. using places other than the "new Draco" to level weapons is defying the Meta.

and there's nothing wrong with that. in fact it's a good thing, because Diversity gives us a lot more to talk about.

1 hour ago, cookieknife said:

Valkyr is not a meta. She is nerfed to S#&$ dude. 12 energy a second is enough to ruin a warframe.

Kneejerk disinformation, sorry, but Valkyr is extremely powerful atm.
Just cause you have to use Hysteria more carefully doesn't mean she's been nerfed.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

3 hours ago, Latiac said:

Not sure if this is the right section for this type of thread, I hope it is.

We all know the current 'Meta' , Synoid Mirage, Broken War / Scindo / Fragor Prime Valkyr, all that stuff, Why not come up with something fun as a community, Why not break that Meta.

I'm thinking we should design some fun builds, something Whacky, fun and unique that actually works (Or kinda doesn't, but that's the whole fun guys), Any weapon, any Frame, or any combination of the two that works pretty well together.

What can you guys think of?

Spoiler

aE74r1X.jpg

► Try with Fissure's Buffs.

► Atm most funny Warframes are Volt, Saryn and -in contrast of what I declared recently- Hysteria Valkyr.

Another idea...
► Try with Max Strenght Volt, built melee for Speed and a max Aspeed (with Quickening) slow weapon... Galatine, Hammers, etc.
► Quickening is an extremely underrated mod. It applies to Hysteria, Exalted Blades, etc. It's pretty nice on Slow Weapons too.

Another idea...
► Mirage built for Duration, max Multishot Torid, Stug, Quanta, Staticor. Destroy other people's eardrums and video card...

Another Idea...
► Try with Ivara's #2 and Ogris with Adesive Blast. It literally sends people in orbit in... unconventional ways.
► Try also with Nightwatch Napalm, stick the missle on a Rhino and let him charge into enemies.

Another Idea...
► Try with Mag's Magnetize and Excalibur's Exalted Blade. Excal's energy waves are absorbed into Magnetize as usual projectiles.
    Assured: more damages than your Tigris.
► Try with Excalibur's Exalted Blade and Zephyr's Jet Stream augmented Turbulence.

Btw I agree with many on this thread, the "keep it simple" logic made skills and combat mechanics pretty unidimensional, brainless-to-being-uncreative and boring.
For a multiplayer game, there's so little interaction in Warframe's Gameplay...

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I see rarely people with "Meta builds" something like Mirage + Synoid Simulor spamming.I know why they do this but this cant be fun.

The game is way more fun when you arent fixated on the best build,best weapon,best whatever.

I for myself play most of the times all content with my Braton Prime or i change around through most of the weapons.Some of them are actually pretty fun because of special mechanics or whatever even when they cant kill stuff like the "Meta guns"

After hours of playing around with Synoid Simulor and Tonkor or whatever the Meta is,is getting boring extremly fast.

Meele for example has pretty fun weapons inside that arent that strong like the best ones but hey they are fun.Fun is all what counts.

I saw quite everything in the game from hours T4 survival to 80-90 waves T4 defense to other borderline content.There comes a time where you dont have to proof yourself anything anymore.Where you play just for the fun and have fun testing even bad weapons.

Edited by K0bra

I like using the Venka on a Sprint Valkyr. To play as a cat.

Combined with my Wraith twin vipers, or Vasto P, and I have loads of fun.

My primary with this is normally the Opticor or the Rubico.

Edited by PoisonHD

Not sure if it's outside the norm, but, I souped up my Redeemer with as much critical chance and normal damage as humanly possible, I take it just about everywhere. In addition, I'm constantly attempting to acquire new guns that I can level-up for "mastery rank" that I'll never use in an act of false-progression. Beyond that, I always seem to have a tool box of elemental frames and weapons that are specifically built for each faction.