Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #78!

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, GorgontheMorgon said:

I did farm vauban and regualr vauban. It took too long for both because alerts were barely showing up and prime has extremely low drop rates unless you convert to radiant. Atleast the regular vauban was easier to build. I still dont have enough oxium and getting to 20 nitain still takes a while waiting 

I suppose that could be DE's way of balancing the farm for the two, but I still believe that the Prime variant is even slightly easier to obtain, and that's neglecting simply trading the parts.

Hey, just out of curiosity, will there ever be a Rage-style mod for shields?  Some caster-style frames with decent health and armor pools (such as Saryn) are capable of casting much more frequently due to their ability to gain energy from Rage.  However, frames like Mag, who have decent durability through their shields, are reliant on efficiency and energy pool mods to keep their energy up, and it makes Energy Siphon and Zenurik much more appealing for those frames.

A few questions if you don't mind...

1. Have you ever considered adding fixed-self damages on other launcher weapons like Ogris, Penta, Kulstar & Angstrum?

I believe that these weapons, like Tonkor should have varying levels of "fixed self damage" to maintain it's high-risk, high reward gameplay but not to a point that people are no longer using them because there's too much drawback with very little gain.

2. How was the Grineer able to come-up with a 100% bullet mitigation shield? YES. I'm talking about Shield Dargyns.

Aiming on a high-speed flight game mode is already a big disadvantage on the Archwing system unless of course one likes to be a non-moving live missile target. Hence, spamming melee mindlessly while avoiding damage at the same time is a hell lot of a better option when killing things by most people. Shield Dargyns further encourages this by forcing a player to destroy it via melee or running around it's back to shoot it which is incredibly difficult and a big hassle specially when you are the target.

Have you ever thought about replacing or reworking these units? Probably something that has a huge pool of overshield instead? 

3. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of feedback threads about Oberon? When can we finally expect the paladin/druid that we deserve?
Edited by Oranji

17 hours ago, Varacal said:

*snip*

With the new archwing system out, it got me thinking that we don't have a room like simulacrum for archwings, so is there a chance that we'll get something like that in the future?

Also, will there ever be a change in Carrier's vacuum in where its universal to all companions to have vacuum pre-built?

*snip*

1. I especially agree with the idea of an 'archwing simulator' concept, as it would really help people trying to learn the new system.
    'People' in this case means literally everyone (for now).
  2. Can we get some kind of auto-collection of - at the very least - the enemy mods-drops in archwing missions?
    I can understand that an auto-collection of resources might be a bit over-the-top, but considering that there are multiple (common) things which can hinder players picking up mod-drops, and, like in the rest of the game, mods are everything for true progression of combat capability, it would really help players - especially newer ones - if mods were, for example, automatically picked up by your Orbiter following the conclusion of any non-trial archwing mission.
    For reference, some of the common things which can hinder players in picking up mod-drops:
    1. Being unable to reach a drop in time before the end-of-round/end-of-mission countdown expires, like in Interception, because a player isn't fast enough.
    2. The minimap indicator which is used in normal games works just fine in normal games, but because it's built on what is essentially a 2.5-D system (a horizontal plane and just an up/down indicator arrow), it doesn't transfer well to the true 6DoF movement in AW, which will often end up making drops harder to find because...
      1. Drops are damn-near impossible to see in AW, and that's with mods like Loot Detector installed -- they do improve visibility, but they are only useful in a very limited range. A range which often isn't as useful as it would be normally because (again)...
        1. Inertia in archwing - for some utterly, completely, entirely, and inexplicably BIZARRE reason - can, on occasion, affect loot drops. The most common example I've witnessed has been a mod tumbling past me, after it was dropped by an enemy which had been moving at high speed.
          The first potential problem I can think of is that Fields interact normally with mods (and other drops) in regular gameplay, and this being a potential problem wasn't noticed/thought of when those Working As Intended interaction-rulesets were transferred to AW gameplay. Unfortunately, it sometimes definitely is a problem, and can on occasion make it literally impossible for players to retrieve a drop. If it's something like a regular fusion core, it doesn't matter all that much, but one of those rare AW mods that people can't easily acquire? Something like Hyperion Thrusters? Yeeaaahhhh, that can generate some salt...
  3. Will we ever be able to equip just an arch-gun, or just an arch-melee?
    This is one half of the major problem which hinders the pace of leveling archwing gear, reducing it to what often feels like a glacial rate of progress. It was certainly helped by the new change to starting-mod-points on gear, with MR now affecting those points, and catalysts/reactors affecting those points - again, thank you for that - but it doesn't change the fact that AW in general often completely (or close to completely) denies players access to the Stealth Kill Multipliers, which lowers potential affinity-gain, while also forcing us to bring both an archwing and both types of weapons, which forces an affinity-split even if a particular weapon or 'wing is already fully-leveled and doesn't even benefit from that affinity.
  4. Can we get a change to improve how restrictive the current method of revival is during AW missions?
    As of right now, it's often difficult to make it to a player in time - especially on Interception maps, where it tends to be needed the most - even if you're close, the prompt is only available in a small radius around them.
    One potential path of fixing it which has occurred to me, would be to utilize the already-established lore of Archwing suits - that they have built-in life-support systems - by making them have a sort of revival-assistance system which increases the range at which allies can revive downed players, by basically just transferring raw Void Energy between the reviver and the downed player. Regardless of whether or not you think this particular example would be a good fit, you kind of have to agree that the AW revive mechanics being copied straight from standard PvE ends up unintentionally punishing AW players because of how movement is much faster, much more open, and offers much less fine-grained control over most movements, yet the actual revival ranges are still the same.
  5. The new IPS-increasing AW mods that were just introduced for arch-gun - Comet Blast, Quasar Drill, and Zodiac Shred - and for arch-melee - Astral Slash, Meteor Crash, and Nebula Bore - were, when originally announced, announced as increasing Status as well as Damage. Given that no official reason has been stated, could someone please (briefly) explain the reasoning behind this change?
    NVM, hadn't had a chance to read the SotR-U2 release notes before I posted that. (Oh well. *shrug*) That being said, the other half of this question is still worth asking, so:
    Will we ever get more Events for AW that reward Damage/Status mods like Eyes of Blight did for Magma Chamber and Searing Steel?
    It's been over 18 months since that event, and we've barely heard a peep since then about similar ideas, so you can understand where the question is coming from...
    Regardless of whether there are any additional events planned, could we please at least add those mods to the drop tables?
    Their trade prices are absurd, and they actually do make a difference if you have them because of how few AW mods directly affect status; specifically, arch-guns and arch-melee both have ONE other mod, each, which directly affects status chance. (Arch-gun also has Multishot and Fire-Rate, which can indirectly affect status chance.)
  6. How can we, as players, help to streamline the labeling/identification, diagnosis, and resolution, of bugs which we have noticed? (Beyond the standard guideslines on the forums, I mean.)
    1. One major thing which comes to mind is that while my Steam-Screenshot button takes comparatively little time to actually capture the screenshot, the Warframe-Screenshot button not only takes multiple seconds to do so (largely preventing me from taking multiple screenshots in a row), it also actually locks-up my game for those few seconds (which completely prevents me from taking multiple screenshots in a row).
      I'm going to try changing the only thing I can think of which might be causing this problem - that my habit of taking a metric-[censored]-load of screenshots has 'clogged' the screenshot folder, such that something in WF tries to load it completely before actually saving the screenshot. I'll update this if that fixes it, but I can't think of a reason why it would, as the Steam-Screenshot functions just find, and it has literally thousands of screenshots more than my WF-Screenshot folder does.
  7. Was the seemingly-unmentioned removal of Nightmare missions from regular gameplay, and the replacement with the occasional Nightmare Alert, an intentional change, the result of a bug, or is it possible that I'm just missing something entirely?
    (I'm going to double-check my node-completion just in case, but I'm pretty sure I've got more than just Mercury fully-completed since the new Starchart, yet I know the only Nightmare stuff I've seen has been actual alerts, not just regular challenges.)

And finally, THANK YOU FOR PUTTING BARO'S ARRIVAL INTO PEOPLE'S INBOXES AS IN-GAME MESSAGES. Seriously. I would send you a box of kittens if I thought they would survive the journey (and if I had the money).

Edited by cittran
clarifying actual questions via formatting

Any news of a Zephyr deluxe skin? It seems to have gone dark after the concept we saw a while ago. She was the frame I use for the whole second dream, so I'm pretty attached and am very excited for a deluxe skin

Also any progress on repeatable quests? I'd love to play the second dream again.

Thank you for the great game and all your work!

Edited by AquaTalon

with the release of the heliocor when can we expect syndicate melee weapons?

what is the status update on the new speargun primary shown off a few devstreams ago

when can we expect to see alt holstering for other melee weapon families and for primaries and secondaries

now that we have the nova delux skin what is the next frame to get the fashion frame love?

when are frost volt and vauban getting cloth physics? its been a long while since it was mentioned that they would get it

With the new Asuri skin having some custom effects for skills and such, and the new Rasashi Polearm skin working on any polearm, will we be seeing in the future some retroactive changes to old deluxe skins for weapons and frames to include these features? What I'm especially hoping is that the weapon skins get this treatment, because having the old skins only work on specific weapons kind-of shoehorns players into using weapons they don't really like in a class of weapons so they can use the skin. I would love to be able to show off these deluxe skins more.

Thanks~

the

im a veteran player and it's a pleasure to glide fluently accross the tile sets. With that said, the two things that i'd change about parkor 2.0 would be:

1. the hard landing, it breaks up the momentem and fluidity of my ninja-ness.

2. wall running. Don't get me wrong, i love that i can go anywhere I want and I would say vertically leave it alone, but the old wall running was faster and more fluid when moving foward accross a room horiziontally, the newer way breaks up gameplay.

-would you ever consider something as simple as Hold A down to wall run the old way and then just Tap A if you want to wall run the current way?

will you ever address wall running or the hard landing?

Edited by (XB1)Il PH0ENIX lI

1)  A few dev streams ago you mention syndicate melee weapons.  What is going on with that?  Are they still in the works?  Any idea when we might see them launched?

2)  Can you guys just remove all Archwing related equipment from mastery?  I mean seriously Archwing is an atrocious mess.  It is just so bad on every level I don't really understand how it even made it into the live game.  Game modes are S#&$, controls are S#&$, leveling is S#&$, tile sets mainly Corpus are S#&$.  If you cannot remove it from mastery then at the very least increase affinity by 8x's.  Please I beg you. 

Edited by (XB1)GreasyGinzo

1. How does De plan to help promote archwing as a fun an alternative to the normal ground play of warframe.

2. Are there any upcoming revisions to the Focus system that will heighten the use of the lesser desired schools.

3. I have heard from many players that kavats outclass Kubrows. Ill kubrows ne receiving any QOL.

4. Who do you have next on the chopping block for a rework/tweak.

Any word on buffing some of the weaker Auras? Since there are many auras and most of them aren't very good, there's only 2 or arguably 3 good auras, it'd be cool if some of them could be buffed, especially the very weak ones like Physique, Scavenger and Rifle Amp

2 hours ago, AquaTalon said:

Any news of a Zephyr deluxe skin? It seems to have gone dark after the concept we saw a while ago. She was the frame I use for the whole second dream, so I'm pretty attached and am very excited for a deluxe skin

Also any progress on repeatable quests? I'd love to play the second dream again.

Thank you for the great game and all your work!

I would like to see this. I really want a Zephyr Harpy themed deluxe skin.

Have you guys ever considered making a new weapon variant(like the prisma/vandal/wraith) that comes naturally silenced with a silencer and muzzled sound?

we have had Nami solo for a minute now, could we get "Skyla solo"?

what do you guys think of a stance for gauntlets where their charge attacks  and maybe the end of some of the combos are grapples and have a small slam effect? 

are any weapon buffs being thought about or planned? i personally want to use my burstons again.

imo build requirements are getting out of hand. 30k cryotic for a hammer, 7k oxium and 20 nitain for vauban(dont really mind the nitain), but we have so much extra of the other materials like alloy, circuits, FERRITE, etc. with nothing to sink those into. i thought about it for a bit, and what if we could exchange these materials in large quantities for a reasonable amount of resources like oxium, mutagen mass/samples, fieldron, etc? if not, just to get rid of all the excess resources, allow us to donate to a syndicate for standing or something? would either of these be possible?