The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Asuri Nova and Davani Syandana Feedback

TonyTFG

19 minutes ago, duhadventure said:

How does one theme antimatter?

I don't know, I'm not a creative person.

But DE could have asked TennoGen creators for inspiration. Or let them to create deluxe skins and then pick the best one.

The skins and helmets from TennoGen are AMAZING!

On a video, a devstream I think when the skin first showed up, they specifically said that whenever she casts her skill using that skin that arm thingy would show up. They never said anything about the syandana, ever.

They already said that in advance, it should've been already known by now that the syandana isnt going to give that kind of effect. It didnt even surprise me when it was released along the syandana and not having an effect just as they said.

I guess people just want to have nice things with that pack even though the skin it self is passable and hoping more from the pack itself.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

its ugly enough to count as modern art.

It has to many things going on at the same time.

the antenna serve no purpose and make the whole warframe assymetric.

the fly head just looks misplaced.

the body looks like it was made of play dough that where hit by a lot of tennis balls. tennisballs that for some reason are stuck midway inside the frame.Not to mention how bad the tennisballs mess up any chande of a sleek design.

the arms look like someone added tower of hanoi to them. Or perhaps they are built in sub woofers...

the sash is not even 1/4 of a sash and looks like its bolted onto her.

so in conclusion fugly as hell IMO

I'm not sure people realize, but the arms on the back of the Asuri skin actually animate uniquely with each of Nova's actions (including her idle poses). If the arms were tied to the syandana, would you be satisfied if they remained completely static for all other frames?

Do you realize the amount of work that would need to be done to make the arms animate for every single Warframe current and future? In the Tennocon art panel, it was mentioned that the developers weren't even sure they could get the animations on the arms to work in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

I'm not sure people realize, but the arms on the back of the Asuri skin actually animate uniquely with each of Nova's actions (including her idle poses). If the arms were tied to the syandana, would you be satisfied if they remained completely static for all other frames?

Do you realize the amount of work that would need to be done to make the arms animate for every single Warframe current and future? In the Tennocon art panel, it was mentioned that the developers weren't even sure they could get the animations on the arms to work in the first place.

People in this thread have made plenty suggestions that would work on all frames. I haven't seen all comments, but who suggested unique animations for ALL unique abilities? 

Edited by Pixues

It's a shame for everyone that bought the syandana thinking the arms would be attached to it.
Maybe there was a rumor or video or forum post or something suggesting that would be the case?

I definitely never expected that to be the case because I don't see the connection.

However, my Nyx would look so awesome when she casts Absorb and the arms show omg

36 minutes ago, GhostLacuna said:

its ugly enough to count as modern art.

It has to many things going on at the same time.

the antenna serve no purpose and make the whole warframe assymetric.

the fly head just looks misplaced.

the body looks like it was made of play dough that where hit by a lot of tennis balls. tennisballs that for some reason are stuck midway inside the frame.Not to mention how bad the tennisballs mess up any chande of a sleek design.

the arms look like someone added tower of hanoi to them. Or perhaps they are built in sub woofers...

the sash is not even 1/4 of a sash and looks like its bolted onto her.

so in conclusion fugly as hell IMO

^This^

2 hours ago, NeonNemesis said:

The syndana is nothing more than laughing stock, the only way that minuscule thing could actually be taken seriously would be changing the animation arms to it rather than the nova skin, looking at it I can understand why people did though the arms came with it, no one expected that such a thing would be throw in that state in a paying bundle.

Some people don't like to have long, obscuring capes and scarves and would rather see the rear of their skins. Those people also would probably like a slot they can use for Arcanes. You're free to dislike a small syandana, but there is an audience for a back decoration with a small footprint, free from clipping and inability to see a back sigil they may want to use.

2 hours ago, AreWeHuman said:

A tennocon panel IS NOT the place where they should be informing people about the details of purcahse. We don't and shouldn't have an obligation to watch unlinked, yet related and dated media to get a realistic impression of our purchases, especially when that impression runs contrary to the actual release media AND store preview. http://imgur.com/a/7Pksy The fact that you think this is a good argument is bonkers to me.

Please calm down. I never once said it was a good argument, did I? I was merely pointing out the fact the information was out there prior to the release of the skin, along with an insignificant thought of mine.

Edited by LazerSkink

The presented picture from TennoCon really didn't help this skin. As it turned out rather decently in game. The helmet looks like a buttplug, I'm sorry. Every time I look at it all I can see is something straight off BadDragon. The body is however, amazing. And allows for a large array of color palettes, even to picky players and combos nicely with nearly all her other Helmets. The weapon skin is great, as it can be applied to any Polearm. Something that I honestly love as it gives more choice. The Syndana.... well its just a napkin someone pinned to your back without you noticing. I use it for Atlas purely because its like he wears it simply because he can't reach that spot on his back to get it off and gave up.

16 minutes ago, BlaineKodos said:

Some people don't like to have long, obscuring capes and scarves and would rather see the rear of their skins. Those people also would probably like a slot they can use for Arcanes. You're free to dislike a small syandana, but there is an audience for a back decoration with a small footprint, free from clipping and inability to see a back sigil they may want to use.

lol you really think the problem with it is solely about it's size? Most Syndicate syndanas are also small and not only look way better but they also have effects and they don't cost plat, for something that comes in a deluxe skin bundle that thing looks like 4 sausages hanging from your back, hardly a "divine cape". Heck even Feyarch Oberon Paris Dryad skin's Quiver looks more like a syndana than that thing does.

The "divine" tag on the syadana is subjective, even the ugly stuff can be considered divine depending of its importance even in the real world.

Maybe its not "divine" by your standards but we could assume that its considered divine because of its importance by the people who kept it.

Again, The official Information about the Nova arm skill effect a nova skin effect exclusive was out, people just didn't believe it and rely on what they see instead.

Edited by CrystalRibbon