Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus nullifiers

Kronxito

Its ok there have to be nullifiers for game balance. I like them. But I would like to point one thing happening at high levels (60-100)

- They nulls all your skills

- They 1 shot you

I think 1shotting players is unbalanced.  I mean, you cannot use skills and they 1shot you.....  wow xD.  I would balance this by increasing bubble range and reducing damage these guys deal to players at high level missions.

4 minutes ago, cghawk said:

or just remove them from the game, we got scramblers and bursa as the nullifier replacement

No, I think they are ok as troop protectors. Just make them NOT able to 1shot and its ok.  Corpus are very good units combined between them. I think no need to remove

Edited by ArionLightning

1 minute ago, Inarticulate said:

I'm still of the opinion that the Nullifier's Lanka should be replaced with an Opticor. It would behave similarly to the Ballista's laser-sighted Vulkar and give you an obvious tell that something unpleasant is headed your way and give you time to react.

NICE!!

13 minutes ago, cghawk said:

or just remove them from the game, we got scramblers and bursa as the nullifier replacement

scrambus / comba and bursas are so much better than these awful units...

At least you can kill them with a shotgun without wasting 10 ammo.

Call me crazy but....

I don't think DE will remove them even if we cried to space mom so why not ask them to change them (if it worked which i hope it will, someday)?

Like how about instead of bubble, Nullies have Volt's Shield which protects from front and the Shield have enough radius it can protect other units too?

And how about another type of Nullies, this unite is melee only and it charge us (John Prodman's older brother), instead of bubble, it emits EMP when its near us to disable our active abilities?

Edited by Prinny13
Crazy.....

The problem with Nullifiers remains that they are over-tuned for their spawn rate and use.

Right now Nullifiers

• Negate all Warframe powers and remove static power based objects.
  • They provide a universal shield to all units near them.
    • This shield has a set amount of Hits to bring down, not Hit Points. This negates high damage low fire-rate weapons. Multiple pellets from shotguns are counted as a single hit.
  • As they level up, their accuracy and damage increases, permitting one-shots without counter.

This creates a power negating, limited ranged counter player, buffer/support, and high damage output unit. If all of this were crammed into a true Boss unit it would make more sense.

Combined with a spawn rate that allows 3 or 4 to exist on the map and shield each other, they are arguably worse than when Bursas were added to the general Corpus pool. Given their spawn rate, the Corpus should just be handing out the Nullifier backpack to every Corpus Crewer. It's an incredible shield.

Forget dealing with Tenno, stack a whole squad of 8 to 24 together and they'd overrun the Grineer in no time. The only thing the Grineer could really being as a counter would be Scorchers. Which would get snipped down by concentrated Lanka shots.

They are Mini-Boss level of unit powers with the spawn rate of common troops.

Either their spawn rate needs to be nerfed and limits place on how many can be on the map at once, or their shield needs to be vulnerable to ALL kinds of weapons, not just high RoF ones.

10 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

None of these are capable of shielding other squishy unarmored Corpus units from the hail of bullets and powers coming from our Warframes.

frost globe eximus can stop bullets albeit their spawn is rare.

and why would they need to stop all powers? it's what defines warframes. I'm having plenty of fun fighting grineer and infested and they don't block any of my powers.

16 minutes ago, cghawk said:

frost globe eximus can stop bullets albeit their spawn is rare.

The rarity of Arctic Eximus spawns is the issue with using them to replace Nullifiers. Nullifiers also protect nearby units from powers, which no other Corpus unit is capable of. Corpus units within a Comba or Scrambus aura are not protected from powers cast from outside the aura.

16 minutes ago, cghawk said:

and why would they need to stop all powers? it's what defines warframes. I'm having plenty of fun fighting grineer and infested and they don't block any of my powers.

The same reason why some Legend of Zelda's bosses are immune to Link's sword. Our tools should be powerful, but not omnipotent. We have a Warframe, 3 weapons, and a gear wheel at our disposal and we should be making good use of our ability to have the right tool for the job.

The Nullifier's ability to cancel all powers in a small field (a field that can be made smaller with bullets and melee strikes) around them makes sense compared to the Comba's and Scrambus's ability to cancel a select class of power over a large area (that cannot be made smaller except by landing a head shot).

Edited by Inarticulate

Has anyone done today's Sortie, that was the most "un-fun" experience i've ever had in a video game, especially since the Nullifier bubble now affects Frost.. i played it with my friend and for once we all summed it up as annoying, if possible can the Dev's do todays Sortie or any high level/medium mission with Nullies void/Corpus, i really want to find/know their true experience, and if anyone who finds them fun to play with please do a video if possible/share your team builds, cause in all honesty they are very much annoying and deny me the pleasure of playing the game, i understand Warframe is a free to play game and my opinion is not straight up conditionary statements, but those nullifiers are slowly turning me into a pillar of salt ready to errupt.

The real issue was the spawn rate..

Quoted:

There's a certain type of Warframe player who likes to humblebrag about how easy nullifiers are to kill, and/or is just too defensive of DE to see straight.

There's nothing challenging about nullifiers. They get obliterated by veterans along with everything else, but they're obnoxious in an arbitrary way that severely reduces the game's fun factor.

In most cases, I believe people are entitled to their opinions, but the opinion that nullifiers are good game design and that there's nothing wrong with them is flat-out, objectively incorrect for reasons that have been enumerated countless times in hundreds of threads.

Edited by NightElve
removed megathread tag

Ive never had a problem with the Nullfier bubbles. They punish blinding running around and are shredded by any high firerate weapon, even a fast melee. They are already balanced by having rather low hp/shields under that bubble. Even in lv100+ missions.

The only thing I've ever hand an issue with is the SkaterBoys. As there's no indication of their nullifying radius.

I think they need to be nerfed or have to go. They are doing more than they were designed for. A unit made for disabling warframe powers shouldn't render the non full-auto weapons into useless level in dealing with them.

We already have Bursas and the Skating Dudes and they are way more balanced than the crap that are Nullifiers.

1 hour ago, ArionLightning said:

Its ok there have to be nullifiers for game balance. I like them. But I would like to point one thing happening at high levels (60-100)

- They nulls all your skills

- They 1 shot you

I think 1shotting players is unbalanced.  I mean, you cannot use skills and they 1shot you.....  wow xD.  I would balance this by increasing bubble range and reducing damage these guys deal to players at high level missions.

just dodge their shots, don't stand still